Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Poison Mushroom posted:

This may be the first and last time anyone has called the MSPA forums "fun".

MSPA forums were fun if you didn't use them for anything homestuck related. A lot of the CYOAs people did there were pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
In which White Chain dispenses with cryptic bullshit, sort of.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I forgot that White Chain was buying into the Zaid stuff. I'm guessing that won't get fully sorted out for a long, long time.

Gog-Agog didn't get the memo about the JoJo poses :allears:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I think that Abbadon failed his alt-text

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

[distant sound of approaching wubs]

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I think Abbadon was flatly lying and, in fact, was thrilled to Jojo pose.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I'm guessing White Chain's word choice in the last panel is rather deliberate: I'm sure White Chain wants to see the power returned to the true king, I just doubt they think that Zaid (or any human) is the true king.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

In the climactic battle, Zaid pits his Stand, 「L O R D S    O F    S U M M E R」, against Allison and 「S T.    A N G E R」.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Zoss is totally Zaid, we get to go from A to Z before the cycle begins anew.

The universe is a wheel and so history is a wheel as well.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 29, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

hey girl you up posted:

I'm guessing White Chain's word choice in the last panel is rather deliberate: I'm sure White Chain wants to see the power returned to the true king, I just doubt they think that Zaid (or any human) is the true king.

Well he clearly says the Master Key is not Allison's to keep.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder if Allison is going to reveal that Zoss has been speaking to her here or not. It'd probably shock White Chain (and everyone else), and might clue her in on her masters being wrong.

I don't know. I don't think Allison is going to just buy this and go, "oh, okay, I'm not going to be king anymore", at least.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Roland Jones posted:

I wonder if Allison is going to reveal that Zoss has been speaking to her here or not. It'd probably shock White Chain (and everyone else), and might clue her in on her masters being wrong.

I don't know. I don't think Allison is going to just buy this and go, "oh, okay, I'm not going to be king anymore", at least.

Yeah I do hope she says something to the effect of "yeah well if Zaid is the successor then why does Zoss keep talking to me"

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I read Allison's dialogue in panel 4 in David Hayter's voice. :cripes:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

White chain is cute thinking the key doesn't belong to Allison.

Poltergrift posted:

In the climactic battle, Zaid pits his Stand, 「L O R D S    O F    S U M M E R」, against Allison and 「S T.    A N G E R」.

I think you mean 「THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD」 vs 「I WANT TO BREAK FREE」

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Roland Jones posted:

She might still want off this crazy train and jump at the chance to give the key to someone else, like she did with Mottom. But hopefully last chapter was the end of that and this shift in her attitude will lead to her actually telling her companions about her visions of the Conquering King where he pretty much directly calls her his successor.

If not here and now then at a sufficiently dramatic point some time in the future. Or she just finally sees a portrait or statue of Zoss and is like "oh that guy from my dreams".

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

ElMaligno posted:

White chain is cute thinking the key doesn't belong to Allison.

I think you mean 「THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD」 vs 「I WANT TO BREAK FREE」

Nah, by the time she's torn through the Seven, it'll be 「FORTUNATE SON」 vs 「HAIL TO THE KING」

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Looking again at the prophesy image on the block of ice containing...whatshername (Jadis?), it appears that Jagganoth is allied with Allison, Cio, White Chain, and Maya against the rest of the seven.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bilirubin posted:

Looking again at the prophesy image on the block of ice containing...whatshername (Jadis?), it appears that Jagganoth is allied with Allison, Cio, White Chain, and Maya against the rest of the seven.

Jagganoth and Maya are kind of off to the sides on their own. I took it to indicate that they are independent antagonists, which would fit with what we've seen thus far.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cryophage posted:

Nah, by the time she's torn through the Seven, it'll be 「FORTUNATE SON」 vs 「HAIL TO THE KING」

Ya gotta post which hail to the king you mean because:

1) there be a lot of them
2) LOL if you mean the avenged sevenfold one because that means automatic disqualification.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm still laughing at the scene where the guy is reading the prophecy of the successor off of Jadis's ice block and he keeps saying "he" and Jadis is just trying her best to correct him and say "she" but all she can manage is S-S-S-S-S

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Seemed avatar worthy.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 30, 2016

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm still laughing at the scene where the guy is reading the prophecy of the successor off of Jadis's ice block and he keeps saying "he" and Jadis is just trying her best to correct him and say "she" but all she can manage is S-S-S-S-S
The panels go "He is the successor" and then "s-s-s-s-s-s" so I think she's actually stuttering on the possessive

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Hmm, the prophecy also seems to show that they are against Zoss, possibly a sign that Zoss and Allison ultimately have divergent goals

Theres also an appearance of Maya back in her days of Sword and Flame. I wonder if the wording hints at anything.

M-maybe I'm just being paranoid...

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Y'know, considering it seriously... Zaid is surrounded by folks who think he's the Successor. What if he ends up buying into that himself?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I was surprised Allison actually remembered the name at all, I was expecting a "what's your name?" moment. Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound!

I have a feeling that forgetting the name of a devil you've bound is a bad idea.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Poltergrift posted:

Y'know, considering it seriously... Zaid is surrounded by folks who think he's the Successor. What if he ends up buying into that himself?

Maybe. We haven't seen Zaid conscious since he was kidnapped so it's hard to say how he'll react to any of this.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Poltergrift posted:

The only thing worse than an rear end in a top hat boyfriend is an rear end in a top hat boyfriend with superpowers who thinks he's supposed to be a god.

I assume everyone will catch on at some point, though. I mean, she's flanked by the white and dark flames already and followed by the 108 burning stars and wears the mark of lordly whatever in her brow and all that poo poo. Incubus may have been a bit quicker than everyone else, but that can't last forever.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I can see Zaid ending up with a key from one of the Demiurges following some kind of 'accident' (or Allison related incident) which will convince him he's the heir.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

I always liked how Jadis is just shown lying down, chilling out, not having a care in the world that she's about to be usurped. I would be surprised if she isn't, in some fashion or another, the secret final boss manipulating everyone else.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Hiveminded posted:

I always liked how Jadis is just shown lying down, chilling out, not having a care in the world that she's about to be usurped. I would be surprised if she isn't, in some fashion or another, the secret final boss manipulating everyone else.

Well, pre-entombment, she was the most powerful Demiurge. I wouldn't put it past her.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Jadis just really wants to die nowadays, so getting the New God King of Existence to clear out the old management would seem fine to her

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if she deliberately wasn't correcting everyone, because she wants to die and gently caress all these other assholes. I mean, her prophecies are always right, so unless she's actually wrong she knows full well that it's Allison and hasn't corrected anyone.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

I just recently got that Jadis is more or less an extended reference to the Sibyl of Cumae -- she could see the future and could not die, but (having rejected the love of a god) she was subject to aging -- she shriveled as she grew ancient, so that eventually she was a withered motionless thing which was kept in a jar. "For I indeed once saw with my own eyes the Sibyl at Cumae hanging in her jar, and when the boys asked her, 'Sibyl, what do you want?' she answered 'I want to die'."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm pretty sure even if Jadis somehow regained all of her powers while retaining her knowledge of the shape of the universe, the first thing she'd do is kill herself

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Moreau posted:

Hmm, the prophecy also seems to show that they are against Zoss, possibly a sign that Zoss and Allison ultimately have divergent goals

All our Allison-allied characters are facing outward. Jagg and the rest of the seven are shielding themselves from attack. Allison is positioned above Zoss because she's the successor.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

so what are the odds the boyfriend dies horribly at some point

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

AriadneThread posted:

so what are the odds the boyfriend dies horribly at some point

Pretty low, author said that Zaid and Allison are going to become good friends at some point in the future, though I guess that doesn't necessarily exclude him from dying tragically and over-dramatically.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hiveminded posted:

Pretty low, author said that Zaid and Allison are going to become good friends at some point in the future, though I guess that doesn't necessarily exclude him from dying tragically and over-dramatically.

Doesn't even guarantee which order it'll happen in.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Hiveminded posted:

dying tragically and over-dramatically.
The first time will be tragic.

The third time will be ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Fish Noise posted:

The first time will be tragic.

The third time will be ham.

It's important to try to die a little better each time.