Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

stump collector posted:

im going to run stormraiders now as well namaste friends

thats what im going to try out on pantheon after i mess around with dft some more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey guys I thought about it and my favorite league of legends champion of all time is Kog Maw.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey guys I thought about it and my favorite league of legends champion of all time is Kog Maw.

but......which Kog''Maw

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gently caress veigar and nasus!! how can anyone lose with an easy team stun and ridiculous free armor/mr is beyond me.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
I've played Blitz a few times. He is a really great pick for making plays in lane and to help clean up team fights you are winning. However, having literally zero wave clear is so frustrating. And I am not 30 yet, so no one wants to clear the huge waves growing in top and bot. Or mid for that matter. Just chase the enemy team into the jungle and possible make the kill or die.

Made a game at least 10 minites longer and was on the verge of throwing a game we were dominating because everyone but me was ignoring minion waves.

I am thinking of just using Sion support for wave clear alone. He has some of things in his kit which I'm sure can help.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

don't play support, play something that gets benefit from clearing waves and also clears them much faster

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Ult the wave. Blitz's ult is on a very short CD and will clear waves just fine.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

don't play support, play something that gets benefit from clearing waves and also clears them much faster

Yeah. Support seems unnecessary at this level. But the team comps looks so bad otherwise. Then again, i was support because someone else begged me to give them jungle and they forgot to pick smite.

And I always seem to end up on a team where someone calls mid right away and picks Yi. Someone is Yi almost every game and never a jungler.

Why do I even like/play this game?

mistaya posted:

Ult the wave. Blitz's ult is on a very short CD and will clear waves just fine.

That is a good tip. Thanks!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

e: wrong thread

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Gripen5 posted:

Yeah. Support seems unnecessary at this level. But the team comps looks so bad otherwise. Then again, i was support because someone else begged me to give them jungle and they forgot to pick smite.

And I always seem to end up on a team where someone calls mid right away and picks Yi. Someone is Yi almost every game and never a jungler.

Yeah ever since my main got banned for some reason I've been playing on my smurf and there's literally a yi in every game it owns

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gripen5 posted:

Literally going home after work and trying out Yi in the jungle since I hit ten last night and can finally start doing that

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Literally going home after work and trying out Yi in the jungle since I hit ten last night and can finally start doing that

First clear is really hard without full runes and masteries. Just a warning. But i find it a lot of fun. Still dont have my full runes and masteries either though. But at least I am above 20.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

try jungle warwick, clears are easy even with no runes/masteries and you can just walk into lane and ult people for a free kill on cd at that level

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I haven't done my placements yet this season and was gold 3 last season. What do I need to go in placements to get gold this season?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's no easy way of saying that tbh? it depends on who you randomly get matched up against and whatever weird hidden numbers riot's assigned to you based on your account's ranked win/loss history across every season. You could win 1 match and get in silver 1 for all I know.

Just try and win as many placements as possible. Protip.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gripen5 posted:

First clear is really hard without full runes and masteries. Just a warning. But i find it a lot of fun. Still dont have my full runes and masteries either though. But at least I am above 20.

I tried it on Nunu last night and going from 1 to 2 in a gromp was super fun

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RC Cola posted:

I haven't done my placements yet this season and was gold 3 last season. What do I need to go in placements to get gold this season?

Probably 5 games. Its easier at end of season

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Pre-30 I wouldn't go far beyond warwick, nunu, or someone with a ton of sustain like xin Zhao. Beyond those your first clear is going to be 5 minutes long.

I also wouldn't recommend jungling at all until level 25+ or so since the other team will probably have 2 top and no one at that level knows how to deal with that. But you do you

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Primetime posted:

Pre-30 I wouldn't go far beyond warwick, nunu, or someone with a ton of sustain like xin Zhao. Beyond those your first clear is going to be 5 minutes long.

I also wouldn't recommend jungling at all until level 25+ or so since the other team will probably have 2 top and no one at that level knows how to deal with that. But you do you

Nah it's fine once you get smite but you'll never be healthy enough to gank after hitting level 3

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

If you decided the growing pains are worth it, I have had some success jungling at or below level 20 with Nunu, Dr. Mundo (sort of), Fiddlesticks, Lee Sin, Jax, Kindred (need to be able to kite well for those first clears), Rengar, Shaco (look at videos on how to use his boxes), Sion, Volibear, and as mentioned Warwick. Make sure you practice that first clear two or three times in custom games with any champ you are new to, or more if you need it. Make sure to make good use of your healing, stun/dodge abilities, potions, and smite. Or in the case of Lee Sin make sure to get 2 auto attacks in after you activate each ability, but make sure not to let your secondary abilities to go back on cooldown before you activate it again (he has some confusing but fun mechanics if you have never played). A lot of people say that jungling is easier because of not last hitting, but instead you have to be concerned with making the most out of all of your abilities, cooldowns, smite timer, camp buffs (going away next week?), and auto attack canceling for both you and the camp monsters.

Elise and Hecarim I only got a chance to play quickly in a custom game, but seemed ok. Don't really recommend Graves until later unless you are really good at kiting. Maybe I am just bad. Don't attempt Nidalee at all until 30. You will just be frustrated. I think I have tried 50 to 100 custom games trying to do a full clear and it just seems to require full runes. You will just die. After your first back, things go fine though. Did experiment with 1 camp and 2 buffs, but even that was pretty iffy. Maybe with a good leash? She got nerfed for about the 3rd or 4th time since July, so unless you are really good mechanically with her, she isn't worth the trouble anyway. I would guess she is in line for a rework soon, and its a little surprising she didn't make it in with the Assassin rework. Instead they just randomly increased the cooldown of all her abilities.

Either that or just play an extra man in the top lane. People seem to not blink twice at you calling jungle, but will flip the gently caress out if you try and share top with them. It kinda sucks having to compete for last hits with a teammate, but what can you do. You might even be able to try duoing the top lane with smite and just go to both topside jungles when it makes sense. But the person you duo with will probably complain that you aren't jungling. Maybe just tell them you will jungle after your first back? I don't know. I have been tending to play whatever my team is missing recently. Which is probably just a recipe for pain. Should just call something first like everyone else.

All that and you will have to relearn the red side camps and the new smite bonus (just a heal for all camps) starting Monday or Tuesday?

Also, take this all with a grain of salt as I have only been playing for a few months and don't even have enough games under my belt to be level 30 yet.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm leveling a new account because my old one got hacked and there's always a jungler on both teams, are you guys really seeing that many 2-1-2 games at low levels?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im sure in the "legit new player" queue people 2 1 2, if you've been level 30 before you would end up in the smurf queue

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh there are metrics to siphon even unintentional assholes like me out? That explains a fair bit actually.

Like why every time I see a really old champ get picked they're impossibly terrifying.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

I did not see any 2-1-2 games on either team except vs ai. But i waited a really long time to play against real people. Which thinking back was kinda silly. The one exception was the dumb Amumu who forgot to set smite. We gave him a huge leash on red buff and he just gave up after 2 deaths to camps and went top. I don't blame him, but the top laner kept telling him to go away and "jungle" so he fell behind in levels and gear. Ended up winning that game anyway because of a strong team.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
At low levels, jungling without smite is a death sentence for your team. That's why you see 2-1-2, because you don't get the health return or the bonus XP.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Teikanmi posted:

At low levels, jungling without smite is a death sentence for your team. That's why you see 2-1-2, because you don't get the health return or the bonus XP.

Especially against the computer because the AI doesn't jungle. That's where people learn 2-1-2 I think.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
anyone want to duo a couple games at plat around 9 CST? ign: c9 same

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
did they do anything to buff AP assassins in pre-season? I'm seeing more AD buffs than anything else.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If you're leveling a new account just play Nasus from 1-30. No one before 30 knows how to counter Nasus and games are artificially drawn out because of a lack of runes and masteries hampering lane sustain. If you can last hit at all you can just solo farm, get huge stacks and just roll every game you get into.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Tired Moritz posted:

did they do anything to buff AP assassins in pre-season? I'm seeing more AD buffs than anything else.

well they've murdered all of akali's ratios for one thing

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Hey methanar fam ill take some elo boosting i guess

or goof off and do nothing but poo poo gimmicks, doesnt matter much to me

fishception fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 31, 2016

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Lovechop posted:

well they've murdered all of akali's ratios for one thing

Well, that's one way to make it possible to play against her after that idiotic change they made to pinks and invisibility.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/793136565820137472

Summoner's Rift with snow.

e: non FB link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2r5ZgjR6wE

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 31, 2016

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

When was the last time we actually saw snowy Summoner's Rift? It feels like forever.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

When was the last time we actually saw snowy Summoner's Rift? It feels like forever.

like season 2 or something

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Vermain posted:

I'm guessing December 2011. I started playing in winter 2012 and never saw snowy rift. And also I'm old now.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I didn't even know Snow Rift was an option. As a man from the North country I am excited to do battle in my natural habitat.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sexpansion posted:

like season 2 or something

Yeah, I think it was winter of 2011.

This iteration looks much better ofc, my lord the game was ugly back then.

Also yeah, I've been playing this dumb game for more than a 5th of my life??? gently caress.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It really is genuinely hard to even look at old League videos these days. I never really noticed it at the time, but old Summoner's Rift was loving hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

• Locked thread