Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well to be fair this whole series of content seems targeted at kids to play with not collectors to display. From that point of view I can understand the minimalistic approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Honestly it's one of the better little dioramas, the pipes are cool and the (hopefully) printed tiles are neat. I'm stoked that they've done a bald hair piece in flesh for Alfred

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I thought that was a Mr. Freeze goon dressed like those guys who would serve you ice cream in the 50's diners.

I like the diorama wall too, it's a really nice bit of industrial decoration that isn't super bland and all grey. I checked and weirdly, there's never been a Mr. Freeze set based around a vehicle (aside from Mr Freeze in a tiny go-kart), like a Mr Freeze ice cream truck or refrigerated goods van or anything like that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is that utility belt on batman new?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
TRU has the horrible Frankensteins Monster build today. 12-2.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Not bad, my local Lego store had a damaged box Brick Bank with a bonus 500 VIP points. So $25 back. Plus the normal double VIP. Since I don't keep the boxes, and needed that set, couldn't pass it up.

(They also had two damaged box Cinderella castles with bonus 1000 VIP points.)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

smackfu posted:

Not bad, my local Lego store had a damaged box Brick Bank with a bonus 500 VIP points. So $25 back. Plus the normal double VIP. Since I don't keep the boxes, and needed that set, couldn't pass it up.

(They also had two damaged box Cinderella castles with bonus 1000 VIP points.)

drat, those are some good deals. I should take advantage of Double Points while it's still on.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Red Bones posted:

I thought that was a Mr. Freeze goon dressed like those guys who would serve you ice cream in the 50's diners.

I like the diorama wall too, it's a really nice bit of industrial decoration that isn't super bland and all grey. I checked and weirdly, there's never been a Mr. Freeze set based around a vehicle (aside from Mr Freeze in a tiny go-kart), like a Mr Freeze ice cream truck or refrigerated goods van or anything like that.

The third minifig in the Mr Freeze set is Gordon - you can just make out the police shield on his chest. Alfred comes in a different set (Batcave Break-in).

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Went to the store to grab a new Beetle since I was out that way anyway. drat the GTSR3 is huge.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MaliciousOnion posted:

The third minifig in the Mr Freeze set is Gordon - you can just make out the police shield on his chest. Alfred comes in a different set (Batcave Break-in).

Oh god your Abbottar.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Oh god your Anidavatar.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just finished building Lepin Town Hall. And wow....it's late.

Mini-review:

Best Lepin I've built so far. Only probs are the typical ones: a couple figures hair is wrong. Windows are slightly less clear. Shutters are loose. Fit isn't 100% perfect. But it was 100% complete. Not a single extra piece. All the floors fit together perfectly. The printed pieces look great. I had some flowers already so those aren't loose. I'm looking at the thing and am very impressed. I'd give this an A, easily.

Oh, I also had purchased a base plate in advance, as well.

I definitely recommend the Town Hall. Green Grocer was okay, but had issues. Market street was okay, but issues, as well.

Ah, just remembered the one real problem. The garage door pieces used for the skylight. They work but don't fit as well as they should which made installing that whole section very difficult.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Got a Temple of Airjitsu at the Disney Springs Lego Store, probably the biggest set I've ever bought and it's marked down to only $100. Gonna build it over the next two days but it looks cool as heck.

If anyone needs one there's a lot left at the DS Lego Store.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Isn't one of the downsides of Lepin that you'll get basically no QA and wildly different quality levels even within the same production run?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Plastik posted:

Got a Temple of Airjitsu at the Disney Springs Lego Store, probably the biggest set I've ever bought and it's marked down to only $100. Gonna build it over the next two days but it looks cool as heck.

Hmm, my parents are in Orlando right now... 🤔

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Where's the LEGO modular that explains why so much of the town is built with black skeleton legs?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Cloks posted:

Where's the LEGO modular that explains why so much of the town is built with black skeleton legs?

Keep your eyes peeled for the Memorial for the Veterans of the Skeleton Wars modular coming October 2017.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Plastik posted:

I need one. It seems only the Disney Lego stores have the markdown. They won't ship. Other Lego stores won't price match.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

I need one. It seems only the Disney Lego stores have the markdown. They won't ship. Other Lego stores won't price match.

I can't do it (I had to lyft and bus to Springs, it takes two hours each way) but if someone else in Orlando would be willing I bet the set minus the box would fit in a large flat rate box.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Lizard Combatant posted:

Sorry if a repost, but here's some pics of some upcoming batman movie minifigs and sets. Some really cool pieces and prints.

http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/lego-batman-movie-sets-and-minifigures-revealed-purple-boxing-gloves-and-bowtie/

Goddamnit, another underwhelming Batcave. All I want from life is a near-exact Lego replica of those old action figure Wayne Manor/Batcave combo play sets.

That little slice of the Manor in the 60s Batcave just makes me wish they'd go all out, give it the Ghostbusters HQ treatment, and charge an arm and leg (also see Firehouse).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ha, I've just noticed that the Two-Face is the Billy Dee Williams version we never saw in the Keaton movies.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What time should I start F5'ing the Lego site tonight?

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Last few releases lego really dropped the ball on the midnight launch.

Lots of staying up past 12 before shop@home updated. :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bloodysabbath posted:

Goddamnit, another underwhelming Batcave. All I want from life is a near-exact Lego replica of those old action figure Wayne Manor/Batcave combo play sets.

That little slice of the Manor in the 60s Batcave just makes me wish they'd go all out, give it the Ghostbusters HQ treatment, and charge an arm and leg (also see Firehouse).

They should make Wayne manor/batcave into a tall firehouse sized modular and pack it with dense detail. That would be rad.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
Well. My Lepin Emerald Night is in the mail. The base for my Hogwarts Express MOC. Lego trains are expensive.
I also made my first Bricklink order and order of a set of colored lights from Liteblock.
Let's see how this adventure goes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's up.

Website is slow. I started my order before 9. I was going to get double points. By the time it went through single points. Sigh.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

Feenix posted:

I just ordered my Sub. The main store page still says coming soon, but if you click on it you can order it now.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Feenix posted:

If you mean regarding the yellow submarine, it's up for preorder right now

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Got mine 60 second ago. Still gonna hit the store at opening tomorrow...

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Ya that was a painless bit of ordering. I grabbed 2. One for myself and one for my Beatles-loving MIL.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I don't think I'm going to get it? The packing looks cool but that's about the best part.

Why is everyone going so nuts about it?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like the idea of using three of them as the base for a yellow ballistic missile submarine. I couldn't afford that of course.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

uXs posted:

I don't think I'm going to get it? The packing looks cool but that's about the best part.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatlemania

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

I like the idea of using three of them as the base for a yellow ballistic missile submarine. I couldn't afford that of course.

all you need is H.A.T.E.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

uXs posted:

I have zero personal interest in Doctor Who but I understand why other people might want it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is the Yellow Submarine for sure supposed to be in stores today? West coast here, about to leave the house.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

Is the Yellow Submarine for sure supposed to be in stores today? West coast here, about to leave the house.

Its' still available on the website. Should be easy to get in store, too.

uXs posted:

Investors think it is going to be a $$ maker this Xmas. But really it's because it's a Yellow Submarine Lego set.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yea just grabbed mine. Plenty more at alderwood mall in Lynwood, WA

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I kinda wish I hadn't done my order online. I could have gone and picked it up today. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

I kinda wish I hadn't done my order online. I could have gone and picked it up today. Oh well.

I did both. :]