Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

At least this time they made the season antagonist a credible threat. I mean, dude's got Flash powers, good luck fighting that with a firegun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kwyndig posted:

At least this time they made the season antagonist a credible threat. I mean, dude's got Flash powers, good luck fighting that with a firegun.

Just get Ollie to help.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kwyndig posted:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but Eobard is the best possible villain to kick this off. He's used to dealing with time travelling gently caress-ups. This is probably Easy Mode for him.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I'm loving that "Legends of Tomorrow" has become "Time Travelling Fuckups". :allears:

Bellends of Tomorrow?

Nah, too harsh, I still love them all.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

enraged_camel posted:

I haven't watched any of the episodes. How's this season so far?

One of the best comedy shows I've watched recently.

And Sara is amazing.

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

I'm loving that "Legends of Tomorrow" has become "Time Travelling Fuckups". :allears:

This is the most appropriate self-aware moment of this show. If you asked yourself "What would these guys do without a leader as bad as he was?" the only answer would be "Well they would be incredible fuckups."

Runner-up would be "What would these guys do if they fought against a team of super-heroes? They would get their asses kicked in no time."

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Guy Goodbody posted:

She also needs to do some zoological research. Gorillas and tigers, what is she, 8 years old? Summon mantis shrimp powers and punch holes through dudes.
Whoever crafted the mystic talisman in ancient Africa was probably focused on major totem animals and thats all she can call on maybe?

Medullah posted:

I love that they had to destroy the ATOM suit for plot reasons, which will conveniently reduce the budget AND make it easier to explain why Ray doesn't just Iron Man his way through whatever issue they run into in the future.
Firestorm is an even bigger problem. So far they just pretend he isnt there or split the two up all the time. They also completely ignore most of Firestorms abilities/potential from the comics.

quote:

Firestorm has the ability to rearrange the atomic and subatomic structure of inorganic matter, rearranging subatomic particles to create objects of different atomic characteristics of equal mass. He can not only change and transmute the atomic composition of an object (e.g., transmuting lead into gold of equal mass) but he can also change its shape.

quote:

Firestorm has also demonstrated the ability to fly at fantastic (but unmeasured) speeds, to render himself intangible and thereby pass through solid objects harmlessly, to generate destructive and concussive blasts of fusion energy from his hands, to absorb radiation harmlessly, and superhuman levels of strength and resistance to injury.

It would break the show though.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
Didn't Firestorm absorb a nuke in some episode last season, at least?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

There's a deleted scene from Flash season 1 where Ronnie and Dr. Stein merged and transmuted a test tube into a flower for Caitlin so that power is actually a thing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Also when he turned the bomb into water in the finale.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This is show is dumb fun. What historic figure is Mick going after next? Will he love roasting Hussars

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
He also transmuted a gun barrel in an episode.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WhyteRyce posted:

This is show is dumb fun. What historic figure is Mick going after next? Will he love roasting Hussars

Vikings... He won't love roasting them as much. Lots of burnt hair.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Scyantific posted:

There's a deleted scene from Flash season 1 where Ronnie and Dr. Stein merged and transmuted a test tube into a flower for Caitlin so that power is actually a thing.

If it was deleted it's not actually a thing.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

bring back old gbs posted:

Vikings... He won't love roasting them as much. Lots of burnt hair.

Nah, he has at least two things in common with Vikings that he loves doing: burning poo poo down and robbery.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Every season should have Mick going native at least once. Vikings will be this season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Hell yeah, new thread title! :woop:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
And it still got the title wrong.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I LOVE A MONGOLIAN BARBECUE

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

WhyteRyce posted:

Every season should have Mick going native at least once. Vikings will be this season.

He'd probably be into being a Viking, sure. Killing stuff, drinking mead, banging tall Scandinavian ladies. Seems like his kind of jam.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Really? We didn't go with Sara Lance: Time lesbian?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

She's bisexual, so.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

She's bisexual, so.

Legends of Tomorrow - Bi-ing Time?

I'm so sorry

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Mraagvpeine posted:

Yeah, but DC's Complete Fuckups Who Narrowly Avoid Obliterating All of Space and Time on a Weekly Basis doesn't roll off the tongue.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

TFRazorsaw posted:

She's bisexual, so.

It's called a Stephen Amell exception.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

jscolon2.0 posted:

Lot of men fall into this exception.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I LOVE A MONGOLIAN BARBECUE

I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO ROAST LONDON

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HEY HAIRCUT GET OUT YOUR FIDDLE... I'M GOING TO ROAST ROME

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
WHAT, WE COME TO POMPEII AND SOMEONE BROKE THE drat VOLCANO? GUESS I GOTTA TO EVERYTHING MYSELF.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:eng101:: Mr. Rory, put that gun away! The Great Library of Alexandria was the greatest collection of human knowledge and culture since... since... well... since ever!
:flame:: NOT ANY MORE, DOC!
:eng99:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HEY HAMMURABI... YOU DID SAY BURN FOR BURN

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

nine-gear crow posted:

:eng101:: Mr. Rory, put that gun away! The Great Library of Alexandria was the greatest collection of human knowledge and culture since... since... well... since ever!
:flame:: NOT ANY MORE, DOC!
:eng99:

Notice how I no longer say lieberry, or tommorie.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I love how the thread has now become a Mick Rory Snappy One-Liner Generator. :allears:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Martout posted:

episodes like these where the adventures happen because they are dumbshits and not because they get sucked into the plot of Savage - a man that firestorm and atomsuit can easily incapacitate - are a much much much better way of doing this show tbh

I think the show-runners have figured that out as well because this episode basically ended with the gently caress-Ups agreeing that they had no idea when or where Thawne was, so they might as well "just see where the time-stream takes us." (I think that was the line, anyway)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

jscolon2.0 posted:

Pretty sure she kissed Snart.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
But Mick's flame gun doesn't actually burn anything any more.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TFRazorsaw posted:

Pretty sure she kissed Snart.

Isn't Wentworth Miller gay irl? So gay character + gay actor = that was like a brother sister cheek kiss at best.

*updates dc_kiss_canon.xls*

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Mraagvpeine posted:

It only makes sense to gently caress up the title of the star players of loving up.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bring back old gbs posted:

Isn't Wentworth Miller gay irl? So gay character + gay actor = that was like a brother sister cheek kiss at best.

*updates dc_kiss_canon.xls*

Surprisingly, gay actors can play heterosexual characters.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

BECAUSE I'M R'AS AL GHUL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

why would they do that? who would allowthem to?? WHAT!!?

• Locked thread