Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

I hope Reid continues trolling even in retirement.

Maybe it's time for the Dems to have their own we are just trying to find the facts hearings with Comey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and on the other side the party of check out the sex tape

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Like that seems like a pretty big bomb to just drop in there

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lastgirl posted:

if im a minor then why im i drinkin

explain this poo poo to me

unless i live in the uk

Are you a short sturdy creature fond of drink and industry?

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
ppp isn't seeing any major shift

https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/792845629848363008

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Holy gently caress, Trump's ties to the Russian Government are known in the intelligence community? Reid wouldn't write that unless it was true

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Comey is probably having a rough day.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gum posted:

I kinda think the bigger story there is reid's claim that the fbi has evidence of trump/russia ties that the public doesn't know about

Why do I get the feeling like we're about to know.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

monmouth said "maybe 5% of fuzziness around the edges, maybe"

There's probably some small effect with the way that LV screens ask, but the electorate is baked in at this point.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

*ignorant spiteful willfully dense bullshit*

"Happy halloween!"

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
I have to wonder when the world is going to get scared enough of how seemingly stupid we are and strip us of the world reserve currency. The EU is multinational and shaky and China's books are about as accurate as my sister's (read: comically not.). I guess it's a good thing that we're basically the society of last collapse in this world.

Historical Wizards
Jul 3, 2016

So the Rep running for the House in my district is running on the grounds that the Dems and Reps are too good at working out deals and someone needs to stop that.
He has also referred to young female voters as "non-thinking", and says that slavery should be legal if gay marriage is, because slavery doesn't really effect you if you don't own slaves.
What a world :thumbsup:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

exquisite tea posted:

Why do I get the feeling like we're about to know.

please god yes

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm gonna get into the polling game for the next election but I'm just gonna totally make my numbers up because I'm too lazy to actually do any work.

I think it will be a successful endeavor.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

if the october surprise is "Donald Trump has ties to the russian government and the FBI deliberately hid it and here's proof" I'm gonna hafta have a long chat with the existential

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Holy gently caress, Trump's ties to the Russian Government are known in the intelligence community? Reid wouldn't write that unless it was true

there's no affirmative proof of it, but i don't think anyone would be surprised

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

if the october surprise is "Donald Trump has ties to the russian government and the FBI deliberately hid it and here's proof" I'm gonna hafta have a long chat with the existential

That would be a pretty god surprise.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Seriously read the whole Reid letter, it says that Comey has been sitting on info that Trump and his advisers have been working with the Russian Government.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i'm witcher

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

now hillary has to faint while denouncing the FBI investigation and all the plot threads will be neatly tied up

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Gum posted:

I kinda think the bigger story there is reid's claim that the fbi has evidence of trump/russia ties that the public doesn't know about

lol oh harry

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

If nothing else, Harry Reid has certainly claimed the monday morning news cycle.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Historical Wizards posted:

and says that slavery should be legal if gay marriage is, because slavery doesn't really effect you if you don't own slaves.
What a world :thumbsup:

Dang.... he's right

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Seriously read the whole Reid letter, it says that Comey has been sitting on info that Trump and his advisers have been working with the Russian Government.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., touched off a firestorm last week after he claimed that an unnamed investor in Mitt Romney’s company, Bain Capital, told him that Romney hadn’t paid any taxes for 10 years.

In a July 31, 2012, interview with the Huffington Post, Reid attacked Romney for refusing to publicly release tax returns prior to 2010. Reid said, "His poor father must be so embarrassed about his son," referring to George Romney's decision to release 12 years of tax returns when he ran for president in the late 1960s.

Reid told the website that about a month earlier, a person who had invested with Bain Capital called his office and said, "Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years."

Reid continued, "He didn't pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain," said Reid. "But obviously he can't release those tax returns. How would it look? … You guys have said his wealth is $250 million. Not a chance in the world. It's a lot more than that. I mean, you do pretty well if you don't pay taxes for 10 years when you're making millions and millions of dollars."

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Schnorkles posted:

If nothing else, Harry Reid has certainly claimed the monday morning news cycle.

tbh, this was probably his entire intention

not as if the dude's worried about reelection

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

brocretin posted:

the problem w/ gerrymandering is that you can't really trust any level of the government to do redistricting cuz they can all be filled with partisan operatives

i havent heard any significant problems with the independent redistricting commissions that exist in ca and az, although apparently az's makes an attempt to create competitive districts which in a republican state is a slight advantage for democrats

but that kind of thing, and other partisan differences on districting principles like whether districts with ~40% black/hispanic population, where that group's choice could be expected to win the democratic primary, are VRA-compliant or if you've got to get those over 50% black/hispanic in registered voters. democrats prefer the former, republicans prefer the latter

i think putting independent professionals in charge would reduce the scope of gerrymandering by a lot. it'd be a little like the judicial branch - clearly partisanship plays a role, but there's a professional ethos among judges that limits the range of partisan responses and supports good government. for example you wouldn't get 'max black' packing like republicans really want, and you wouldn't get 'baconmanders' splitting out the heavily democratic urban vote across many districts

'baconmander' is specifically the work of a i think spanish lady on daily kos elections who drew up insane gerrymanders of democratic states that elect 0 republicans, like this 28 d - 0 r map of new york where almost every district stretches across most of the state from rural republican upstate into nyc where many districts are exactly one precinct wide
http://s902.photobucket.com/user/abgin/media/NewYork28-0G3.jpg.html

dems would still need two wave elections in a row to hold a house majority for four straight years but it'd be significantly easier, and more importantly it'd actually offer representation to communities of interest whether they be republican or democratic

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 30, 2016

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Schnorkles posted:

Wouldn't that be literal treason? I can't imagine the Clinton campaign could keep a lid on something like that for so long.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Drunkboxer posted:

I like that album because he had to go lay down in between recordings because he was like really close to death and all the songs are about dying.

What album?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

MLK, the most recent saint of americana, was a fully fledged communist as any sincere Christian would be, has been, and is

whatever wolves u talkin bout can go gently caress themselves i m o

Agreed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Samuel Clemens posted:

Wouldn't that be literal treason? I can't imagine the Clinton campaign could keep a lid on something like that for so long.

Uh the USA is not at war with Russia

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Schnorkles posted:

this would seriously own so hard but i dunno of i could take it. also what the gently caress would this do to the fbi?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling at the crocodile years from the WSJ:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/sayonara-harry-reid-1477864626

Mean old Harry Reid made the Senate so partisan

:qq:

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

euphronius posted:

Uh the USA is not at war with Russia

the USA wasn't at war with Russia when the rosenbergs were executed :ussr:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the ppl who care care about the emails are ppl who are already voting for trump/think clinton is a criminal or whatever

most every other person that's voting for Clinton doesn't give a gently caress

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

man we just watched hachi-ko and lemme tell ya

crocodile tears, yall, & lots of em

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

LinYutang posted:

the USA wasn't at war with Russia when the rosenbergs were executed :ussr:

That was espionage

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., touched off a firestorm last week after he claimed that an unnamed investor in Mitt Romney’s company, Bain Capital, told him that Romney hadn’t paid any taxes for 10 years.

In a July 31, 2012, interview with the Huffington Post, Reid attacked Romney for refusing to publicly release tax returns prior to 2010. Reid said, "His poor father must be so embarrassed about his son," referring to George Romney's decision to release 12 years of tax returns when he ran for president in the late 1960s.

Reid told the website that about a month earlier, a person who had invested with Bain Capital called his office and said, "Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years."

Reid continued, "He didn't pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain," said Reid. "But obviously he can't release those tax returns. How would it look? … You guys have said his wealth is $250 million. Not a chance in the world. It's a lot more than that. I mean, you do pretty well if you don't pay taxes for 10 years when you're making millions and millions of dollars."

for the tl:dr types the message is: harry's accusations, while owning, probably arent true

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

euphronius posted:

That was espionage

many people are saying that trump is getting national security briefings and FWD FWDing them to Putin

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/792803161996230656

Nate...

Nate stop

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TRUMP

• Locked thread