Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

JointHorse posted:

I hope they add in some extra missions or something, it's getting boring doing the same two jobs over and over again.

I can see there being potential for being a chimney sweeper and being able to get extra bucks via fixing other people's cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
this is it.
this is the game that's going to make me finally buy a wheel and pedals for my computer.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Great Joe posted:

When will this game get translated to Swedish?

It already has pakkoruotsi level of translation though?

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

i dont get the vertical 12mm bolt that connects the steering arm to the strut

what did i do wrong?

e: i just popped the steering arms off and put them back, the 12mm bolt materialized without taking anything else off

HATECUBE fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 30, 2016

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Oh gently caress me there's a Datsun 100A for sale in driving distance and it seems both clean as heck and not insanely priced

Also if it's broken in any way I know how to fix it now, right? :getin:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

I don't know who did this, but I salute them.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Vando posted:

Oh gently caress me there's a Datsun 100A for sale in driving distance and it seems both clean as heck and not insanely priced

If it's sub 500€ loving do it, just do it

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Vando posted:

do you have a garage

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That long video by the developer was totally right.

It is my car that I built and I will not crash it and die because I love it.

The only things really left for me to do right now to it would be to buy some real tires, get the fancy stereo (which I don't think actually does anything at the moment anyway), and get the body work touched up again. I don't even know if it's possible to keep the door from getting messed up, I seem to bend it just getting in and out of the car.

Gomi Day posted:

this is it.
this is the game that's going to make me finally buy a wheel and pedals for my computer.

I busted out my G27 that's been gathering dust in a closet, and it definitely adds something to the game.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Has anyone created a map with all the important locations marked yet? I can't remember where the wood guy is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It gets marked on the map on the wall when the person calls. It's not hard to find. Go out on the road away from your house, take a left at the intersection, take another left at the next intersection. Find the house on the right side of the road with a man standing on the far side of it in a driveway with no septic tank.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

It gets marked on the map on the wall when the person calls. It's not hard to find. Go out on the road away from your house, take a left at the intersection, take another left at the next intersection. Find the house on the right side of the road with a man standing on the far side of it in a driveway with no septic tank.

Thanks

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Does anyone know what the red light and buzzer is on the sewage truck?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

fognl posted:

Does anyone know what the red light and buzzer is on the sewage truck?

Air brake tank isn't full yet. Once it runs for a little bit, it'll be fine. You can ignore it, basically.

Real trucks have that buzzer too, this game is awesome

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

Air brake tank isn't full yet. Once it runs for a little bit, it'll be fine. You can ignore it, basically.

Real trucks have that buzzer too, this game is awesome

I figured it was something like that that.

I was doing great getting the car together and decided to go take a job to pump someone's septic tank. Made it to town and finished pumping near sunset, get paid but nearly out of gas so I go to the store fill-up but everything is shut off. I decided to say gently caress it I will stay at the pub and get gas in the morning. Close down the pub and after some waiting dawn comes the shop reopens, fill up the truck and take off back home. Both my fatigue and dirtiness have been in the red since late evening. I die of a heart attack within sight of the house.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
I dropped my #2 sparkplug into the loving engine.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

PopeOnARope posted:

I dropped my #2 sparkplug into the loving engine.

As I was assembling mine I had one of those moments of terrible clarity .5 seconds after I tossed a spark plug out of the garage toward the car, and I watched it sail up and away out of sight. A moment of realization that, oh yeah, the game scales throwing distance by the weight of the item, and spark plugs are really light.

Luckily I eventually found it on the other side of the road.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

While I did get most of my car built, I did wind up losing my van somehow. Basically, I tried to ram my tractor out of the way since it wouldn't move even after an ignition, one thing led to another and I last saw my van get launched into lower orbit.

Also how do i fix tractor.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is the tractor out of fuel? I think the patch notes mentioned respawning vehicles that leave the map.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

Has anyone created a map with all the important locations marked yet? I can't remember where the wood guy is.

I made this:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Cojawfee posted:

Is the tractor out of fuel? I think the patch notes mentioned respawning vehicles that leave the map.

Can't tell. Gauge on the left can't be seen all that well.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JB50 posted:

I made this:

One other thing you could add, the house above wood on the right hand side, that is on the left side of the street if you are going up, if I remember right that's where you drop off the drunk guy you pick up from the bar.

Never do that job, though, unless you are super bored. You have to pick him up from the bar and then drive him way the gently caress over there and he only gives you like $700.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
Okay, so I reloaded to find the spark plug. I got almost everything else installed, but the fuel strainer and brake lines both give me the nogo symbol.

Did I gently caress my bodywork up too badly?

Also, where are the fender #5 bolts

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 31, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There are two bolts on the front below the bumper. The other three are along the top along the edge of the hood.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
drat it. I had the car working perfectly, passed inspection, then installed the aftermarket stuff from the catalog. Now, it starts up fine, it revs fine, it gets into gear fine, but when I apply any gas while in anything other than neutral it just immediately dies and I have no idea why.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Adjust the carb. Or, take it to the mechanic.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Got it running and took it down the road, where it promptly poo poo out the rear shocks and turned into a budget low rider. This game is incredible.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
So I just rebooted the game and upon reloading the carb and a fender and door decided they weren't bolted on anymore. Redoing those fixed it up. I've had that happen before where bolts just go wacky on loading, but forgot all about it.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Waiting for a phonecall to come in...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

So I just rebooted the game and upon reloading the carb and a fender and door decided they weren't bolted on anymore. Redoing those fixed it up. I've had that happen before where bolts just go wacky on loading, but forgot all about it.

It's a bug where if something gets knocked off or exploded, it saves those parts without you actually saving. So even if you quit out and reload, when you load your save, those parts will be unbolted.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I dropped my car jack through the driveway somehow.

Also trying to get the engine into the car is maddening, it keeps knocking the sides I guess and just falling off.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

I dropped my car jack through the driveway somehow.

Also trying to get the engine into the car is maddening, it keeps knocking the sides I guess and just falling off.

It's not super clear in the guide I read, but I'm pretty sure you need at least the subframe installed before you can bolt in the engine. I kept trying to drop it in without the subframe and it would fall off the lift all the time.

I ended up just bolting on the sub frame and everything up through the wheels, then I didn't have to use the jack any more.

Darcat
Sep 25, 2014

psa remember to actually pull over to the side of the road when you stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbkJsz6fSlw

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

JB50 posted:

I made this:

thank you very much for your time

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
This is an interesting list of things that might be added to the game.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
  • A Suomi -machine gun

:getin:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
A pystykorva would be nice too, in case someone gives you a mission to hunt some moose.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

CDs? In my early 90s Finland simulator? My immersion! Give me cassettes or give me death.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Maybe he'll add both, with the tape deck as a middle option between the radio and the cd player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Isn't that the epitome of car modding? lovely car with expensive sound system.

• Locked thread