Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of the smart pistol, in the story if they had that technology the whole time why wasn't every pilot using it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Here are some initial weapon spreadsheets for the curious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Outside of Ronin and for executions is the melee on Titans ever worthwhile to use on other Titans?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Carecat posted:

Stealing a battery also looks like an instant kill against any doomed Titan?

This is correct. Only one caveat. You can give a doomed titan a battery and it will gain a shield (though it will remain doomed). If a doomed titan has a shield a rodeo will not insta-kill it. Otherwise hell yeah that titan is dead.

Also SP is worse than tf1, still making it the best weapon in the game :smug:

RatHat posted:

Outside of Ronin and for executions is the melee on Titans ever worthwhile to use on other Titans?

It depends who you are punching but as a general rule of thumb it can be helpful. With the exception of ronin and MAYBE scorch you probably never want to be that close to another titan anyway but the punch will deal decent damage and it also knocks the enemy titan back (which can be useful to get a ronin with sword core out of your face).

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
No, seriously, I can't connect to the servers despite them apparently being fixed. Was able to play perfectly fine before.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Knifegrab posted:

It depends who you are punching but as a general rule of thumb it can be helpful. With the exception of ronin and MAYBE scorch you probably never want to be that close to another titan anyway but the punch will deal decent damage and it also knocks the enemy titan back (which can be useful to get a ronin with sword core out of your face).

I got three executions in one life with Ronin a few hours ago and I still feel like the biggest loving badass. RULES OF NATURE! :black101:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The ronin execution is so sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somebody mentioned this to me earlier and I was wondering if it was true: if you use the anti rodeo smoke and then crouch will it affect the pilot more? Or does it just put them more in the hitbox so it's harder to escape

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
The Doritos execution doesn't involve Doritos? Someone's gonna get kicked out of the Cool Ranch.

Orv
May 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Somebody mentioned this to me earlier and I was wondering if it was true: if you use the anti rodeo smoke and then crouch will it affect the pilot more? Or does it just put them more in the hitbox so it's harder to escape

It just makes it harder for them to get out of it, there's not some weird smoke inhalation math at work or anything.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

In Training posted:

The ronin execution is so sick

Sorry but Tone is the best. It's so brutal.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Is that the one where he yanks the pilot out, throws them in the air and then pops them with the 40mm? 'Cause someone did that to me and I couldn't even be mad 'cause it was cool as gently caress.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

In Training posted:

The second one, plus if you look up you can see where they jump and can punch them easier

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
How do you do Titan executions? I can't figure it out, maybe I'm just bad... actually I am bad at this. One thing I did find out when I was playing with goons in MP the other night is that pilot executions can be interrupted, I managed to punch a guy off one of my teammates during the animation.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Anime_Otaku posted:

How do you do Titan executions? I can't figure it out, maybe I'm just bad... actually I am bad at this. One thing I did find out when I was playing with goons in MP the other night is that pilot executions can be interrupted, I managed to punch a guy off one of my teammates during the animation.

Melee them in the face when they're doomed.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Is that the one where he yanks the pilot out, throws them in the air and then pops them with the 40mm? 'Cause someone did that to me and I couldn't even be mad 'cause it was cool as gently caress.
That's the one, though personally I prefer Northstar's where she does a leg-swipe and then fires a railgun shot point-blank into the cockpit: it's stylish and rare as hell to see since as a Northstar you really should not be anywhere near an enemy titan unless you go for the Tether+Nuke combo (and even then it's risky).

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Melee them in the face when they're doomed.

Don't you have to press and HOLD melee on a doomed titan? I think just tapping the button will only do a normal punch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ronin is such a goddamn badass I can't bring myself to use the rest of the titans.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I wish the end of Ion's execution was cooler. There's not enough graphical report to the burst of gunfire he fires into the titan's cockpit. It looks like he puts the gun in there, leaves it there for a second and then just removes it again. It could do with some energy bolts coming out the back of the titan, like he's shooting all the way through it.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Does the "pop smoke + back into a wall + look up" trick still work on rodeos? In T1 you could trap the pilot between the wall and your gun and almost guarantee a kill.

veni veni veni posted:

Ronin is such a goddamn badass I can't bring myself to use the rest of the titans.

:yeah:

Legion is pretty loving sweet too though. His execution lifts the enemy into the air with the tip of his chaingun and shoots through until it's completely impaled. :black101:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I'm kinda partial to Legion's personally; lifting them up vertically by the barrels of your gun and just unloading.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemming posted:

The second one, plus if you look up you can see where they jump and can punch them easier

Thank you for the tip!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The regeneration BIOS screen is actually pretty great.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

Mordja posted:

No, seriously, I can't connect to the servers despite them apparently being fixed. Was able to play perfectly fine before.

I've been getting this all day today, too.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

md9sum. It's four better than md5.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Gunder posted:

Don't you have to press and HOLD melee on a doomed titan? I think just tapping the button will only do a normal punch.

No.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Thank you for the tip!

If you ever play Northstar a pro tip from TF1 is, if you got someone on you but used your smoke already, shoot a cluster missile at a wall, get next to the explosion and turn around. It'll kill the pilot before you take too much damage

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Oh poo poo, does this mean regen challenges are back? Didn't know if they were

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Is there some trick to inviting people to join a party? It never works when I invite.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
So is BT still alive inside Jack's helmet, like downloaded into it somehow? That's what I got from the post-credits scene, and man I hope he is, I got surprisingly attached to my bro-bot.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what boost do you guys like the most?

So is BT still alive inside Jack's helmet, like downloaded into it somehow? That's what I got from the post-credits scene, and man I hope he is, I got surprisingly attached to my bro-bot.

That's what it seemed to imply yeah. I imagine there's some time travel shenanigans going on as well.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 31, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Apparently the helmet flashes binary that translates to "Jack?"

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah BT uploaded part of himself to Jack's helmet during the time travel mission so they could communicate across timelines. Begs the question of why it isn't standard practice for ALL Titan AIs to copy and upload themselves to some sort of central server or cloud all the time instead of just keeping their data in the one place where it's most likely to be destroyed...

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

Lakbay posted:

Is there some cool feature of the Volt I'm missing? Seems worse than the CAR and Alternator and on the stat sheet it does as much damage as those two but with a slower rate of fire. Feels like a crappier Flatline

Super long effective range.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Finally got a sub 33.60 second run on the gauntlet and got my achievement. Now to never run the gauntlet again. Had to edit two runs together to make the video though since recording more than 25 seconds on xbone is difficult. That's why the first ghost is waaay faster. (I also didn't want to scrub through the 8 million failed attempts.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUqodKe2N8Q

Magnus Condomus fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 31, 2016

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Magnus Condomus posted:

Finally got a sub 33.60 second run on the gauntlet and got my achievement. Now to never run the gauntlet again. Had to edit two runs together to make the video though since recording more than 25 seconds on xbone is difficult. That's why the first ghost is waaay faster. (I also didn't want to scrub through the 8 million failed attempts.)

You can go to the Xbox DVR app and record the last 5 minutes of gameplay if you wanted something longer than 30 secs.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
If I create a network can I edit what the happy hour is at any time? Or is it set in stone?

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Insert name here posted:

If I create a network can I edit what the happy hour is at any time? Or is it set in stone?

You can change it from the edit interface, but it takes 24 hours to change.

Wazzit posted:

You can go to the Xbox DVR app and record the last 5 minutes of gameplay if you wanted something longer than 30 secs.

Good to know! Thanks for the tip!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Magnus Condomus posted:

I wonder how sub 25 seconds is even possible.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

RatHat posted:

So what boost do you guys like the most?

Ticks. I got a triple pilot kill with one earlier. The salt was glorious :salt::salt::salt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did they buff the ticks since the beta? They seemed kind of lovely but I see people using them a lot now.

Still only been killed by one tick since the game came out though.