Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

I would totally be down if I had any vacation time left and wasn't married, I don't want to just run off to the middle of nowhere for fun and she's out of vacation time too

Like you need a job or a wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Once again, it is our job to finish what the flyboys started. We are leaving this city's cover, and engaging the jackboots on solid ground. When we meet the enemy, we will rip their skulls from their spines, and toss 'em away, laughin'!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Couple departing pics. The keyring I made.

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm starting to be convinced that kastein and 14" are some kind of yin and yang.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

this was my desktop for a week btw

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

this is my desktop now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah. I decided it was time for another go.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If anyone between south Washington and Salt Lake City has a burner smart phone they can donate please try texting 4084991357 as someone stole mine from the jeep borrowing a phone to post this.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Correct ion east through Spokane Montana and down. Forgot it wasn't Omaha

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I am convinced that all phones should come equipped with a large pyrotechnical device and a remote detonator.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Fermented Tinal posted:

I am convinced that all phones should come equipped with a large pyrotechnical device and a remote detonator.
You mean the Note 7? The remote detonator app was a little buggy

14 BAR RIFF posted:

If anyone between south Washington and Salt Lake City has a burner smart phone they can donate please try texting 4084991357 as someone stole mine from the jeep borrowing a phone to post this.
I have a Moto G I could stick in a box and send out tomorrow afternoon. i can toss a Walmart prepaid good for a month in there as well. Speaker is a bit flaky but otherwise works.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 30, 2016

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Jesus man your luck. Do you have PayPal would that help you any? If you have any funds Walgreens usually has prepaid smartphones as little as $20 I pick one up now and again when my wife breaks her iPhone for the 700th time. You would need a SIM to avoid a new plan though. Of course they all work on WIFI without SIM. Let me know about PayPal.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 233 days!)

I'd be happy to send you my android 4 phone that works with Tracfone. I never bought a plan for it- I've always used it via Voice (it was my portable Torque device).

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Spotted on the way back from a halloween party. It's like encountering a celebrity!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Since his friend is being a oval office you should have poo poo on the hood.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I'm not too good with cool flashy stories and whatnot but I'll leave you boys with this: As of 4 am this morning, that rear end in a top hat pucker you felt in your sleep was 14 riding to war out of WA heading to Montana with a kind of functioning ancient phone and the Pioneer.

Judgement Dave is nigh.

PS pls don't poop on hoods.

OxMan fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 30, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DON'T YOU TELL ME WHERE I CAN OR CAN NOT poo poo

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

So hey update

"tell thread serious fire risk and repairs needed to get anywhere tell thread my number i posted now working and i need gas money or im stuck here averaging 7 to 9 mpg and blow by puking 1.5qt oil per 100 miles"

Welpppp

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Stuck where? I've got family in Lewiston, and through a few awkward phone calls, we could figure out something.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I basically never post here, but I have followed the adventures of this living god long enough to suspect that he walks the same path to apotheosis as antiquity's greatest men. He rides the fury road towards the gleaming palace of Alexander and Augustus. A hundred years from now, our children's children will be reenacting the trials of NUMBER-UNIT-NOUN in gilded mithraic temples to the sound of crunchy metal.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

OxMan posted:

So hey update

"tell thread serious fire risk and repairs needed to get anywhere tell thread my number i posted now working and i need gas money or im stuck here averaging 7 to 9 mpg and blow by puking 1.5qt oil per 100 miles"

Welpppp

How can we get you gas money?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
GG, we're really seeing someone die historic on the Fury Road.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Guys 14 needs help money wise. He needs western union tonight to get going. I can't get out tonight with my kids but I can PayPal somebody $40 if they could go western union it to him. PayPal takes 3 days to clear for 14.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

Guys 14 needs help money wise. He needs western union tonight to get going. I can't get out tonight with my kids but I can PayPal somebody $40 if they could go western union it to him. PayPal takes 3 days to clear for 14.

My rent is due tomorrow so I can't spare any cash tonight or I totally would.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

My Man Shran posted:

I basically never post here, but I have followed the adventures of this living god long enough to suspect that he walks the same path to apotheosis as antiquity's greatest men. He rides the fury road towards the gleaming palace of Alexander and Augustus. A hundred years from now, our children's children will be reenacting the trials of NUMBER-UNIT-NOUN in gilded mithraic temples to the sound of crunchy metal.

1-1.In the beginning there was Dave, and he was a well-adjusted man for the most part. 2.His life was actually pretty drat good though he was a touch overweight; 3.running car, caring woman, stable employment. 4.Dave liked to tool around on cars like so many others have. 5.This was his downfall.

2-1.Volkswagen, still angry about losing WWII, 3.conspired to pour all of their bitter German hate into a single vehicle. 4.They chose one of their air-cooled engined models, 5.known for backing utterly lackluster like every VW ever. 6. This particular ACVW was not.

3-1.Some time after the beginning, Dave laid eyes upon the spider-infested hulk; 2.and fell in love with it. 3.Unbeknownst to he who now walks the road, 4.it cursed him to never own a reliable car. 5.This happened the moment he first touched the steering wheel; 6.the vehicle had waited just for him.

4-1.tl;dr: I nominate "Should have bought a Toyota." as 14's epitaph once the authorities find his body, chunks of engine block clutched in his bloody fingers.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

My rent is due tomorrow so I can't spare any cash tonight or I totally would.

I can send WU in the morning 8:30 central but can't tonight. I'm waiting to hear back on details of who what where to send to

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

If I had actual money, I'd be happy to do so- as it is, all I have is PP as well. :/

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Can you do online Western Union?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

everdave posted:

Well, you can send money with western union online (and holy poo poo their fees), but nobody has posted the agent location it should be sent to.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I haven't heard back on how to send he has sent some Jeep engine bay pics and has just said he's hosed. I have no idea on how WU works I would hate to pay a bunch of fees can we pool our resources so we only pay one fee anybody who wants to chip in?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

everdave posted:

I haven't heard back on how to send he has sent some Jeep engine bay pics and has just said he's hosed. I have no idea on how WU works I would hate to pay a bunch of fees can we pool our resources so we only pay one fee anybody who wants to chip in?

Pooling our resources may, or may not require a business account thanks to X.com's archaic structure. I'd be happy to handle the PP business side of things if nobody else volunteers (although I'd rather not mix my business account for tax purposes).

Depending on his actual needs and abilities, sending money via Wal-Mart MoneyGram is a lot cheaper. It's only about 14%.

If he can actually use a Wal-Mart Prepaid MoneyCard, the load fees are 0% (or $3 on site). He can buy one for $1 (there is a $5/mo fee for balances under $1,000). So, if he can get there and buy a card, we can all pay into one of those independently.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

West SAAB Story posted:

If he can actually use a Wal-Mart Prepaid MoneyCard, the load fees are 0% (or $3 on site). He can buy one for $1 (there is a $5/mo fee for balances under $1,000). So, if he can get there and buy a card, we can all pay into one of those independently.

That's a good plan. I didn't know those things exist. Do they just work like a credit card?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That's a good plan. I didn't know those things exist. Do they just work like a credit card?

Yep. It's a Prepaid Visa. They are also known as "GreenDot" cards.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
That's probably the best plan then. There's Walmarts everywhere.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Seat Safety Switch posted:

That's probably the best plan then. There's Walmarts everywhere.

Yes that sounds better I will update If I hear back from 14 tonight

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

West SAAB Story posted:

Depending on his actual needs and abilities, sending money via Wal-Mart MoneyGram is a lot cheaper. It's only about 14%.

This is all brand new to me, but I looked into the Wal-Mart card and I think he'd have to possess a personalized card for it to be reloadable by "friends or family", so a basic card he could pick up in the store won't work (there's an application process just like a credit card, minus needing to be approved for credit, they mail you a card with your name on it).

Not that I have any knowledge of what is best, but the WU online fee was "only" 13% - unless they tack on more when you go through the whole transaction, I only got as far as picking a location.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

everdave posted:

Yes that sounds better I will update If I hear back from 14 tonight

I have a pretty good idea that Customer Service will need to be staffed in order to register his card on-site. He can do it himself through the website after purchase, however, if his phone has interweb capabilities: https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/

angryrobots posted:

This is all brand new to me, but I looked into the Wal-Mart card and I think he'd have to possess a personalized card for it to be reloadable by "friends or family", so a basic card he could pick up in the store won't work (there's an application process just like a credit card, minus needing to be approved for credit, they mail you a card with your name on it).

Not that I have any knowledge of what is best, but the WU online fee was "only" 13% - unless they tack on more when you go through the whole transaction, I only got as far as picking a location.

It all depends. GreenDot didn't require such things in the past- but i haven't dealt with the Wal-Mart branding at all. He can get his own purchased card registered at the website mentioned, and should be able to give us his number and have us load it. The only difference when it is registered is that it won't have his name on the card AFAIK. (This knowledge is several years out of date, and based on the GreenDot underlying service at the time- I may be wrong!)

E: Looks like we can reload Dave using GreenDot's "MoneyPak", so someone is still stuck buying those from a store. The statement on the site " MoneyPak will only work with prepaid cards that are personalized with the recipient's name and activated." means that the card has to be registered and activated- not necessarily imprinted with his name. I guess someone will have to check more from GreenDot.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 31, 2016

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

There's always a price...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

gently caress man, once we've figured out how to help - I'll gladly chip in :20bux:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Well, this took a lot more digging than I had hoped.

Long story short, you can load/reload an activated (but not personalized) card using MoneyPak. That may not be worth doing so, depending on how much we have to load- they can charge up to $5 per load, and if you are sending $20, that's pretty high expense- much higher than WU.

I had hoped for a better answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Yeah, if you dudes can figure out the how and the what, I'm in for $20.

• Locked thread