Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crazy Ted posted:

[KellyAnne] DONALD! DONALD! IXNAY ON THE USSIA-RAY HOLY gently caress!

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/792908651581235200

I'm not sure if I should be glad that he's too stupid to be a proper Russian puppet or that so much of our electorate is so eager to have someone so deeply in the tank for Putin at the helm solely because he's incredibly dumb and racist for them.

Crazy Ted posted:

Well this is a good sign:

https://twitter.com/jimwallis/status/792911192125796352

Sorry to be a walking Twitter feed but this weekend has been bananas.

The next few months are going to get very ugly with right wing terrorism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really hope nobody gets shot on election day.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Tom Guycot posted:

Can't mention the great Keith Ellison without an obligitory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6M_2fTACeI

Got to vote for him yesterday along with :abuela:, owns.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Also its kinda weird that ya'll look forward to posting "ironic" nazi memes on page 1488. Like what is that about.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

gfsincere posted:

I'd cheat on my girlfriend for one night with Katrina Pierson, so here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zVn00GXZ14

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just realized, that's a plothole. Mr. Poopypants wasn't a parasite, the only parasite was the uncle, but he was dead at that point. So where did Cousin Nicky come from?

There were multiple eggs at the start if I remember. The quarantine was to run the course of the infestation, not just to kill ones they figured out. They stopped once new ones stopped appearing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If you haven't read Eric Holder calmly and politely tearing Comey a new rear end in a top hat, I suggest you do it now: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.fa14b3bc53a9

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mantis42 posted:

Also its kinda weird that ya'll look forward to posting "ironic" nazi memes on page 1488. Like what is that about.

I mean

All the images posted were basically comparing Trump to Hitler. I suspect there was very little irony in that.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

gfsincere posted:

Yeah boo on me for taking the words and actions of white people for hundreds of years and historical facts into account. Yep, all generalization with no basis in fact. You're right on the ball there chief, especially with the "a PoCs view on things should be valued at the same level as a PoC Trump supporter", because who would want us darkies messing up this traditionally white space, amirite?
You know what's racist? Infantilizing minorities. I don't think people in this thread has held you to the standard of an adult. You don't even know what the word "generalization" means. You are a loving idiot and that is the least racist thing anyone has said about you in this thread.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Mantis42 posted:

You're probably gonna get dogpiled for this but the answers you see would be easily found by googling 1488 and Nazis, and of course with Trump being Trump that's why.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/792939229592580096

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

gfsincere posted:

You're probably gonna get dogpiled for this but the answers you see would be easily found by googling 1488 and Nazis, and of course with Trump being Trump that's why.

I think he meant to question why we wanted to post Nazi memes, hence the scarequotes around "ironic."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
holy gently caress is this argument still going

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Mercrom posted:

You know what's racist? Infantilizing minorities. I don't think people in this thread has held you to the standard of an adult. You don't even know what the word "generalization" means. You are a loving idiot and that is the least racist thing anyone has said about you in this thread.

Well, I know not to hold you to the standard of being a rational human being capable of not being a racist shitheel angryposting because you don't like black people calling out racism.

Also, nice meltdown.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gfsincere posted:

I think he's more wondering about the impulse to celebrate nazism ironically, not asking what the link between 1488 and nazis is

edit: yeah what squeegy said

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mantis42 posted:

I'm split 50/50 on your intent here, 50% that you're sincerely making some "Y'all are some weird voyeuristic fucks," 50% attempt at gaslighting because you already know we're weird voyeuristic fucks.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

holy gently caress is this argument still going

Yes, some white people are REALLY offended that black people present opinions about the world that runs counter to their worldview, and think the opinions of PoC aren't worthy of respect when it comes to topics about race.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think he's more wondering about the impulse to celebrate nazism ironically, not asking what the link between 1488 and nazis is

edit: yeah what squeegy said
You caught me, I'm secretly a double reverse Nazi. Curse you, Captain America!

I meant my video link as a moment of humor in the thread otherwise defined by anger and terror :v:

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Potato Salad posted:

I'm split 50/50 on your intent here, 50% that you're sincerely making some "Y'all are some weird voyeuristic fucks," 50% attempt at gaslighting because you already know we're weird voyeuristic fucks.

I mean, is he surprised that we are weird goony fucks? We're discussing politics on a dead gay comedy forum on a Sunday night.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

gfsincere posted:

I mean, is he surprised that we are weird goony fucks? We're discussing politics on a dead gay comedy forum on a Sunday night.

hey now I briefly watched some baseball and read a book

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nessus posted:

I meant my video link as a moment of humor in the thread otherwise defined by anger and terror :v:

Oh yeah, I'm sure some people were posting that stuff actually ironically. But we all know some of the USPOL posters are secretly white supremacists.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Nessus posted:

Captain America is a Nazi these days.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

gfsincere posted:

Yes, some white people are REALLY offended that black people present opinions about the world that runs counter to their worldview, and think the opinions of PoC aren't worthy of respect when it comes to topics about race.

Yes, but have you considered that it is you that is the real racist.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, and I watched an anime movie! Don't lump us all in as weirdos and nerds

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, and I watched an anime movie! Don't lump us all in as weirdos and nerds

what anime

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, finally caught up on the thread, and since this is still going, I just want to say that Holy poo poo why are there so many racists here? Like, gently caress, I am a sheltered white person and I can still see a lot of them plainly, like the guy who did nothing but post "rar hulk smash, so angry," in response to gfsincere for a page or so, or the one who posted some dismissive trash like, "he's black so he can detect your racism har har". It's not literally saying the N-word but it is racist, and I would have thought a place like this would see that.

Just as bad, though, are the people condoning it because of the target. I mean, I think gfsincere is an rear end in a top hat (not that that makes him particularly unique here), but that doesn't mean I'm going to start channeling the bullshit all my terrible relatives say just because I disagree with him and he happens to be black. Decent people don't start spouting racist/sexist/homophobic/whatever bullshit when they're mad at someone who is not white/male/straight/etc. and they shouldn't condone it either.

I mean, gently caress, every time gfsincere posts here (and not infrequently when TB or KM post too), people who don't even post in this thread normally come out of the woodwork and start throwing out racist bullshit at him and it's really concerning. I hope that people are at least reporting it when it happens, but that it almost always goes uncommented on, or justified with "well it's gfsincere so gently caress him", is still pretty disgusting.

That said, on a tangent:

gfsincere posted:

Once again, I wasn't trying to take away poo poo. Someone saying "hey that thing you think is so nice and awesome isn't viewed that way by some people of x group for y reason" doesn't mean it supercedes your feelings.

gfsincere posted:

It's a statue of a white woman welcoming other white people to a land that wasn't theirs in the first place.

What's inspirational about that?

This was in response to someone talking about having been homeless or something along those lines (they didn't explicitly say) and saying that as such the message about taking people in deeply resonated with them, so, yeah, you were directly questioning it being inspirational at all; the nuance you claimed in later posts was utterly absent and made this come off as pretty mean, really. Even if something else was meant, what was said is "What's so inspirational about that?" to a person who found something meaningful because of how it spoke to them regarding lovely things they lived through.

Anyway, unrelated to all that:

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/792922613144178688

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Captain America is a Nazi these days.

Is that still a thing?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macross FB7

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh yeah, I'm sure some people were posting that stuff actually ironically. But we all know some of the USPOL posters are secretly white supremacists.
I actually think it's the largest a USPOL thread has gotten as far as I, an old forums man, can recall seeing. So it was kind of a milestone. We're rapidly approaching 1500 too but that's less... Trumpy.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So basically nothing.:v:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Majorian posted:

So basically nothing.:v:

it was a book ironically enough by Colson Whitehead who is good and cool

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Nessus posted:

I actually think it's the largest a USPOL thread has gotten as far as I, an old forums man, can recall seeing. So it was kind of a milestone. We're rapidly approaching 1500 too but that's less... Trumpy.

I was trying to remember how large the 2008/2012 threads were, but then I remembered the first version of this thread didn't start until after the 2008 election. As the Republican Party deathwatch thread.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Oh cool. Baseball is cool. Go cubs, etc. What book are you reading?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is that still a thing?

:lol: No they immediately walked it back despite promising to never do so, because modern serial comics are trash.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Iron and copper. The statue is copper on an iron frame, right?

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I watched the Eagles, symbols of liberty, defeated by the Cowboys, symbols of mindless bandwagon redneckery, in last second come from behind fashion.

Omens and signs.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

This plus Wikileaks' cozy relation with RT makes Reid's accusation that much more plausible

Jesus CHRIST this election :psyduck:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I reckon we could get 500 pages in the first week of November. It's gonna be a busy week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

it was a book ironically enough by Colson Whitehead who is good and cool

I got like 15 pages into Zone One before deciding I physically couldn't deal with another pointless flashback.

• Locked thread