Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I feel like a singleplayer shootmans game (on PC), which Duty would be the best one to Call?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Unrelated but heard the Titanfall 2 single player was really good

BO3 was well received I think and is co-op

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Lone Badger posted:

If I feel like a singleplayer shootmans game (on PC), which Duty would be the best one to Call?

Do you like Michael Bay? If so, MW2.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

sba posted:

IW seems way more pay to win than BLOPS3 was, some of the gun perks you can get are stupidly OP

Which ones in particular?

I'd argue there was nothing p2w about Blops 3, the large majority of the extra guns weren't anything amazing. The only one that comes to mind is the mx garand. Even then, it was o ly a few notches better than the Shieva.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Just preordered. I feel dirty.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
One of us, one of us, one of us...

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Zodack posted:

Marshal pre-nerf was the best secondary in the game, and while the Shadowclaws weren't P2W, they were extremely annoying.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Mister Macys posted:

Anyone want a TF2 "Shocker" callsign? Just showed up in my email.

8YK8-8ZUV-Z6US-K3KW

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/redeem/

Someone took this and didn't post about it. :c

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
God drat it, I'm torn on this. Loved Black Ops 3 (though I stoped playing before the supply drop fun really kicked in by the sounds of it), and want some more of that action.

Doesn't sound like Infinite Warfare is going to give me it though? Not a good idea to preorder, even with with the maps etc?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Zodack posted:

Yeah, there are only a few I'd worry about :
NV4: Infinite damage range. Moderate fire rate, high accuracy, and a 3-shot kill would make it pretty strong, even next to an LMG.
R3K: Fires in full auto. If the gun does more damage than other ARs, keeps that damage in full auto mode, and has a comparable fire rate, that might not be good.
RPR: Increased rate of fire. In the beta, that seemed like a straight buff, but in the post-mortem, they said they were going to up the recoil to compensate.
Mauler: Double damage, decreased rate of fire. Gorgon-level damage on something with a tight hip-fire spread could be obnoxious. Or not.

A bunch of them are silly:
Erad: Shotgun alt-fire mode. We strapped a close-quarters weapon to your already serviceable close-quarters weapon.
EBR-800: Highlights damaged enemies.
Banshee: Damage also causes minor hearing loss. So you've failed to one-shot your target, and you've made it stunningly obvious that you're right next to them, but they can't hear you bah gawd :bahgawd:
DCM-8: Infinite ammo, firing causes damage to the user. Because shotguns were already too survivable.

And the rest just seem flavorful without sounding OP to me:
Type 2: Shotgun alt-fire mode. Faster kills up close (one hopes), at the cost of fewer improbably long-range akimbo kills. Ok.
KBAR: Headshots do more damage, lower body shots do less damage. Could be a problem on a more-accurate or more-damaging gun, but I don't see it here.
FHR-40: Kills restore a bit of health. Improves your chances to win a 2-on-1, which is super lethal in this game.
Karma 45: Decreases spread while jumping and sliding. I was running this with a laser sight, and even with the perk active, there was still a fair bit of spread.
RAW: Double magazine size, no reloading. An LMG with tons of ammo and a painful reload. What a novel concept.
Longbow: Minimap stays up while scoped. I ain't afraid of no hardscoper.
EMC: Fires in 7-round burst mode.
Oni: 1-round magazine, short charge time before firing, each shot is a 1-hit kill.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 30, 2016

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

RossCo posted:

God drat it, I'm torn on this. Loved Black Ops 3 (though I stoped playing before the supply drop fun really kicked in by the sounds of it), and want some more of that action.

Doesn't sound like Infinite Warfare is going to give me it though? Not a good idea to preorder, even with with the maps etc?

At best consider waiting on IW. Netcode and spawns needed serious work after the beta, and while those can be fixed, the game has other problems. Gunplay is bland, with the weapons being indistinct from one another, and SMGs and snipers being the only weapons really worth using. Infinity Ward also went hard in the other direction from Ghosts for killhouse-style maps.

My biggest complaint is that overall, the feel and polish that's in BO3 and other shooters this fall (Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1) just wasn't there in the IW beta.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

JackGeneric posted:

Yeah, there are only a few I'd worry about :
NV4: Infinite damage range. Moderate fire rate, high accuracy, and a 3-shot kill would make it pretty strong, even next to an LMG.
R3K: Fires in full auto. If the gun does more damage than other ARs, keeps that damage in full auto mode, and has a comparable fire rate, that might not be good.
RPR: Increased rate of fire. In the beta, that seemed like a straight buff, but in the post-mortem, they said they were going to up the recoil to compensate.
Mauler: Double damage, decreased rate of fire. Gorgon-level damage on something with a tight hip-fire spread could be obnoxious. Or not.

I've given my piece about the NV4 but I have to suspect it doesn't hit maximum damage at all ranges, but another value somewhere before the normal versions falloff. Or maybe it does hit max damage in which case that might get annoying.

I actually got to use the R3K in the beta. Believe it or not, the fire rate is on par with or slower than the KBAR. I'm gonna guess the R3K has much better damage fallout but honestly they're both 3 shot kills at pretty much the same engagement range...

The Mauler does seem cool and probably strong. Doing stupid stuff with the regular version and Merc was fun enough

JackGeneric posted:

Erad: Shotgun alt-fire mode. We strapped a close-quarters weapon to your already serviceable close-quarters weapon.

I also got to use this, got it out of a drop. It was garbage. Not entirely, it's second perk is more stability, but shotguns in the beta were absolute trash. And it drew its ammo from the same mag, so you'd spam the shotgun up close and then switch back and be missing a few shots.

The transition was cool (you turn it on its side and it has a second sight) but it was kind of a fun gimmick and nothing more. Hearing Drift0r complain about it gave me a good laugh that he thought it was OP.

Plus trying to switch modes really quickly by holding Y made me just switch to my fists sometimes.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

JackGeneric posted:

RAW: Double magazine size, no reloading. An LMG with tons of ammo and a painful reload. What a novel concept.

I remember a fast mags-like attachment for that, where it just charges faster. Seems like that's the way to go if you got that variant, assuming the charge makes it less painful.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

The Lone Badger posted:

I like the Blops series single players the best. They really lean into the genre movie stuff. Blops 2's probably the best for single player, but they're all fun enough.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

JackGeneric posted:

EBR-800: Highlights damaged enemies.

fwiw I actually really like this; it kinda turns your gun into a poor man's tracker after you ding someone with a shot. long distances that are going to start dropping damage to 3/4/5HKs make this very handy. I ran it as a perk on my AR build during the beta and liked it

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

fwiw I actually really like this; it kinda turns your gun into a poor man's tracker after you ding someone with a shot. long distances that are going to start dropping damage to 3/4/5HKs make this very handy. I ran it as a perk on my AR build during the beta and liked it

Oh, yeah. I was only thinking of it in sniper mode, not AR mode.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I want to combine that vampirism SMG with Merc's Fast Regen ability, plus Flak & Tac for a Terminator build.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

widespread posted:

I remember a fast mags-like attachment for that, where it just charges faster. Seems like that's the way to go if you got that variant, assuming the charge makes it less painful.

I'm fairly sure the charging pulls ammo out of reserve, and this variation just seems like it's reserve will be 0... But hey, with scavenger on, problem solved! Or Merc's thing that gives max ammo, if that would work into the equation.

Didn't BO2 have some LMGs where extended mag just dumped the rest of your reserve into your magazine?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

For anyone that played the beta: how is IW? Worth it?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

But, I mean... that's just my opinion.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Mister Macys posted:

I want to combine that vampirism SMG with Merc's Fast Regen ability, plus Flak & Tac for a Terminator build.

Also add the dumb Tactical that regens your health for even more health regen

Gordon Shumway posted:

For anyone that played the beta: how is IW? Worth it?

The beta was pretty 'eh' but the changelog from the end of it makes me a tad bit more optimistic for the game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

OneDeadman posted:

Also add the dumb Tactical that regens your health for even more health regen

Not familiar with that one, I must've skimmed over it.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Zodack posted:

Didn't BO2 have some LMGs where extended mag just dumped the rest of your reserve into your magazine?

I think in OG Blops, the M60 started with 100 loaded and 100 in reserve, and extended mags just changed it to 200 and 0

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Zodack posted:

I'm fairly sure the charging pulls ammo out of reserve, and this variation just seems like it's reserve will be 0... But hey, with scavenger on, problem solved! Or Merc's thing that gives max ammo, if that would work into the equation.

Charging does indeed pull from reserve. I get the feeling the reserve's gonna be the standard 140. I would say it's 280, but then again I run Man-At-Arms (which is the max ammo thing you mentioned PLUS no movement speed penalties) on LMGs mainly so what do I know.

Still, Scavenger and MaA sounds pretty fun. Get a kill, personal radar, get a kill, personal radar... and since it needs less shots to kill, you could feather the trigger if you can.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Can y'all just settle on a game so I can play

I'm thinking about tf2 a bit...

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Apparently some people can get into multiplayer in remastered but only if you join a friend who is currently in multiplayer.

So... anyone manage to get in?

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

CheeseFactory posted:

Apparently some people can get into multiplayer in remastered but only if you join a friend who is currently in multiplayer.

So... anyone manage to get in?

Yeah it is only pirvate matches ATM so no gaining levels, but you can check everything out pretty easily.

Goto PSN menu, highlight COD, press down to access the "communities" tab and join the one that has the most users.
Go to the "Whos Playing" tab and then when you see a group that has room, click join session. You'll be in a private match with random baddies.

I just started MWR today and man I forgot how awesome this campaign was, I don't think I've played a single player game in my life, almost beat it in one poopsock session.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

faantastic posted:

Yeah it is only pirvate matches ATM so no gaining levels, but you can check everything out pretty easily.

Is the ACOG M40 still OHK anywhere on the body with Stopping Power? All the other stat oddities from CoD4 seem to still be there, I just want confirmation if the biggest one is still in MWR.

Also you're gonna need many poopsocks.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Godzilla07 posted:

Is the ACOG M40 still OHK anywhere on the body with Stopping Power? All the other stat oddities from CoD4 seem to still be there, I just want confirmation if the biggest one is still in MWR.

My original goal was to hit 10th prestige before Thanksgiving but now that I know it goes up to 20th and then level 1k I may have to scale it back to avoid burnout.

Or just invest in a much better chair.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

faantastic posted:

Goto PSN menu, highlight COD, press down to access the "communities" tab and join the one that has the most users.
Go to the "Whos Playing" tab and then when you see a group that has room, click join session. You'll be in a private match with random baddies.

I just started MWR today and man I forgot how awesome this campaign was, I don't think I've played a single player game in my life, almost beat it in one poopsock session.

Pro tip. Thanks

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Godzilla07 posted:

Tested it and it does

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
Lost power last night :[

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I'll start a private game lobby for MWR around ~8PM tonight if people want to mess around? PSN is BionicColon.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
They shut down the private match servers an hour ago, and just recently just disabled Private Matches all together.

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/793071642750492672

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/793135363963310082

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:rip: this game

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

gently caress that, i'm going for dark matter on this sick rear end nail gun

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

sba posted:

gently caress that, i'm going for dark matter on this sick rear end nail gun

I finished it this weekend. That stupid d13 sector though. My god. That's just not going to happen.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6PbdJiAK84

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

housefly posted:

I finished it this weekend. That stupid d13 sector though. My god. That's just not going to happen.

:smug:

http://xboxclips.com/sba/screenshots/73d9a00e-c77a-459c-aded-1a0def3bf25c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Kudos to you. No way I'm going to get all 50 of those survivor medals with 4 days before MWR drops.

• Locked thread