Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Poil posted:

It's really impolite to interrupt a villain while he is having his evil monologue explaining his scheme and so on. Didn't anyone teach you basic manners? :colbert:

It's a learning opportunity for all the budding villains out there - don't monologue above a pipe filled with explosive fumes when the hero is a psychopath who flies around the battlefield face first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

J.theYellow posted:

Does this series ever show female krogans walking around? And why does it look like Fortack has tits?
Because he's wearing casual clothes instead of armor and it's part of the model, presumably it's supposed to be big pectoral muscles.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't know if this song's come up, if not shaaaame!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hInTvfpsv4
Real McKenzies "Outta Scotch"

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also do Miranda's loyalty mission

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

grack posted:

Also do Miranda's loyalty mission
Easy enough. Still running ragged but update should be done in the next day or so.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Some Tumblr tomfoolery.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

J.theYellow posted:

Some Tumblr tomfoolery.

Ah yes, "glitched."

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, calling bullshit. If it was glitches, they'd be the UV maps of Garrus and thus horribly unrecognizable.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

J.theYellow posted:

Some Tumblr tomfoolery.

"quariansexual"

grack
Jan 10, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

"quariansexual"

Yeah, that's kinda creepy

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

berenzen posted:

Yeah, calling bullshit. If it was glitches, they'd be the UV maps of Garrus and thus horribly unrecognizable.

I'm sorry you hate fun things.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTFJYko56Cw

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

J.theYellow posted:

I'm sorry you hate fun things.

Speaking personally I was mostly just making a joke in the realm of :turianass:

I smiled way, way, way too much during a certain scene between Garrus and Shepard in the Citadel DLC to judge any one over video games.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

berenzen posted:

It's identical to the icon on the bottom that shows he's in your party minus the alpha blending.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJDaKwQjow

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Galaxy's greatest dad

The Drink
It's a glass of milk. No, that's it. About as exciting as Joey.

The Drinking Game
Whatever. It's not like you'll get drunk.

The Episode
We go look for Jimmy's dad. His ship crashed and then like 10 years later decided to call for help.

Now right off the bat things are pretty hosed up. You get pretty much all the exposition from crew logs. The actual captain died in the crash so Taylor Sr. got promoted to acting captain. They were lucky enough to land on a garden world but unlucky enough that the native plants make you go :downs: after a while. The officers decided to keep the ship's food and tell the crew to go gently caress themselves, and then things just got worse.

This is a really dark mission, involving abuse of authority, rape, murder and a slew of other unpleasant poo poo. Except since it's Jason it's kind of blah - he never speaks about his dad until you get his loyalty mission so there isn't really much impact. And even then he's just "meh" about it. If he had talked up his father a lot like what a good guy he was and how hopeful he was to maybe see him again it could have been really emotional. As it is, he's so goddamn boring his own dad doesn't recognize him.

I usually let the crazy crew beat the poo poo out of him, but this time we'll send him to prison.

And now my month from hell is just about over so our updates should be more regular.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
And Jackson was never heard from again.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

A million years later, and I've got the same reaction to this mission: gently caress this mission and gently caress the oh-soedgy dunces who wore it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

DukeofCA posted:

And Jackson was never heard from again.

I'm personally quite happy we don't have to remember this happened, now that he's stowed away. Again.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

One of the absolute creepiest missions in the game (second only to the dead Reaper mission IMHO) and it still can't make Jerome even a little bit interesting.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Mission trivia:
- The choice at the end was supposed to carry over to ME3. There's actually recorded dialogue. Except it doesn't trigger because the choice flag wasn't handled correctly. You can use a save editor to enable it.
- In pretty much every loyalty mission with combat, your sidekick's skills are useful. Think of Kasumi's loyalty mission, she has Overload to deal with shields if you don't, plus that teleport head-chop thing. Jimbo is worthless here. He sucks against mechs (fire doesn't really do much against them), he's got pull which may only be useful at low levels when you can easily do a pull-warp combo and make 'plosions. Maybe if he had an assault rifle (as I think was going to be the original plan.) then at least he wouldn't be going CLOSE RANGE on everything.
- This mission arguably makes Jason worse since he picks up a Barrier skill that he insists on casting when combat starts, meaning he can't cast Pull for 30 minutes or so. You can undo this with one of the DLCs but you're not taking him on another mission again so it doesn't matter.
- It's really fun to let Jesse pick up the datapad and start reading it, go have lunch, come back and say "well wtf is taking you so drat long"
- This is the only loyalty mission which has no penalty if you don't do it (I mean Julio can die but that's not really a bad outcome, he volunteered for the drat vents)
- What a waste of a good voice actor; Ronald Taylor was voiced by Dave Fennoy, who did Lee in The Walking Dead/Bluebeard in The Wolf Among Us.
- This really is a lovely mission. At least it's pretty short.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Now I feel bad for voting for this mission. :( I did not see this coming, I thought it would be something hilariously bland.

Octatonic posted:

A million years later, and I've got the same reaction to this mission: gently caress this mission and gently caress the oh-soedgy dunces who wore it.

Yeah, it's edgelordy as gently caress and I kind of want to ask the writers what the hell they were thinking.

Bonus sensitivity points for giving the "man can't handle power and succumbs to barbaric impulses, turning into a tribal warlord and raping all the women" role to a black character.

my dad fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 31, 2016

grack
Jan 10, 2012

monster on a stick posted:

- In pretty much every loyalty mission with combat, your sidekick's skills are useful. Think of Kasumi's loyalty mission, she has Overload to deal with shields if you don't, plus that teleport head-chop thing. Jimbo is worthless here. He sucks against mechs (fire doesn't really do much against them), he's got pull which may only be useful at low levels when you can easily do a pull-warp combo and make 'plosions. Maybe if he had an assault rifle (as I think was going to be the original plan.) then at least he wouldn't be going CLOSE RANGE on everything.

Yeah, this bit always confused the poo poo out of me. Literally nothing about this mission is well done. Jimmy is useless in combat. The backstory is frankly horrific and unnecessary. Combat is (for some reason) surprisingly difficult, partially because at least one squad member is guaranteed to be a dead weight. More to the point, it adds nothing to the character of Joey. I mean, a lot of people hated Miranda but at least her loyalty mission gave her a character arc and explained the reasons why she works with Cerberus.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also the like, two lines that Miranda has in that entire video show more character than anything Jimbo said during the entire mission.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
There's nothing more humiliating than dying in Jonjoe's loyalty mission :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

grack posted:

Yeah, this bit always confused the poo poo out of me. Literally nothing about this mission is well done. Jimmy is useless in combat. The backstory is frankly horrific and unnecessary. Combat is (for some reason) surprisingly difficult, partially because at least one squad member is guaranteed to be a dead weight. More to the point, it adds nothing to the character of Joey. I mean, a lot of people hated Miranda but at least her loyalty mission gave her a character arc and explained the reasons why she works with Cerberus.

If I remember right, Jerry's motivation to join Cerberus was explained... via a lovely tie-in phone game that no one played.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I dunno. I mean, yeah, he's bland as hell. But I don't really hate Jordan all that much.

Still, send him into the vents. Don't make the mistake I did and send Mordin :negative:

I didn't know he'd die, honest!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This whole side mission stinks of being dark for the sake of dark. :barf:

It's like they tried to make a darker mission but left the writing to someone utterly incompetent who doesn't know how except for going full :tvtropes:.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
For the third option, is it possible to order Jomo to order his own father to kill himself?

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

I honestly forgot all about this mission, it's quite something alright.

And I'm taking a shot of schnapps whenever a goon misspells J-Dawgs name completely by accident, say hi to my new liver.

fuck off Batman fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 31, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I get the feeling that the devs expected that Jiminy would have a warmer reception by the fans than he did.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I think it definitely shows that the mission was written like 6 years ago. IMHO it was originally framed as more of a thrill of absolute authority thing for Jacob's dad with literal monuments being built for his worship, the doling out of punishments/exile, the elimination of other leaders, the brainwashed male servants, etc. In 2016 it reads more like a creepy sex thing since we're used to looking more at subtext now. If bioware was running that angle nowadays they'd probably use a completely different scenario, one that's not 2edgy4u.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

JT Jag posted:

I get the feeling that the devs expected that Jiminy would have a warmer reception by the fans than he did.

Dude's boring as gently caress. Even when confronted with evidence that his father, whom he admired as a child apparently, was kind of a lovely stain on the human race, dude should have more of a reaction than "strong choice of words". I mean, his loving tone doesn't change throughout the mission, if I'm recalling correctly. Which I am trying not to, that was a really stupid mission.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

J.theYellow posted:

For the third option, is it possible to order Jomo to order his own father to kill himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPNrJ0wWU_Q&t=245s

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

and look at all those comments saying Jordan is "bad rear end"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

gently caress off Batman posted:

I honestly forgot all about this mission, it's quite something alright.

And I'm taking a shot of schnapps whenever a goon misspells J-Dawgs name completely by accident, say hi to my new liver.
I'll have you know I misspell it completely on purpose :colbert:

bman in 2288 posted:

Dude's boring as gently caress. Even when confronted with evidence that his father, whom he admired as a child apparently, was kind of a lovely stain on the human race, dude should have more of a reaction than "strong choice of words". I mean, his loving tone doesn't change throughout the mission, if I'm recalling correctly. Which I am trying not to, that was a really stupid mission.
Yeah, I don't hate him. He's just the most bland, generic person. In a series of games where your companions are mostly loving nuts or at the very least have deep seated issues having a normal squadmate could have been refreshing. I think Bioware tried to do something good (namely have a black guy not be stereotypical) but since there's absolutely no other development it veers off into watching paint dry.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

gently caress off Batman posted:

And I'm taking a shot of schnapps whenever a goon misspells Joffrey's name completely by accident, say hi to my new liver.

People are misspelling Johnny's name? Is there no 'h'?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It's Jar-Jar, you uncultured swine.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yeah, I don't hate him. He's just the most bland, generic person. In a series of games where your companions are mostly loving nuts or at the very least have deep seated issues having a normal squadmate could have been refreshing. I think Bioware tried to do something good (namely have a black guy not be stereotypical) but since there's absolutely no other development it veers off into watching paint dry.

They already have Kaiden...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

grack posted:

They already have Kaiden...?

At least Kaiden has the beginnings of an interesting backstory. But compared to JC, much more interesting.

• Locked thread