Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Here's my setup, which helps start off the level. If you can't afford to put all of these down, either level up and choose more money as a bonus, or maybe take out one of the dart traps:

Basically all of my solutions involve a chokepoint, slime traps, a soul harvester, a sticky inferno trap, and spending every cent on lightning traps afterwards

Slowly 8 runeing everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muga
May 7, 2004

Exercising My Demons
I've added all the sky force people above. If anyone wants to add me, my number is 81003400 🙂

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Azhais posted:

Basically all of my solutions involve a chokepoint, slime traps, a soul harvester, a sticky inferno trap, and spending every cent on lightning traps afterwards

How are you getting the 3 trap rune then? You named 4 traps.

(Edit) @peepsalot: He didn't explicitly mention Barricades so I assumed he meant a nature choke point which these maps sometimes have quite a few paths of common travel.
(Edit 2) Never mind, there are 12 runes - 1 for breeze and 1 for infinity.

Malek fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 29, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Malek posted:

My guess is that those are the 4 traps he/she rotates, depending on the level. Maybe?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

How does don't starve play on mobile? I have a 5.5" pixel XL, is that enough screen space or is it really aimed towards tablets?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Malek posted:

5 if you count barricades for making a chokepoint.

e: This game is really missing a save/replay function. Like I've complete a few 10 rune runs and don't even remember what I did to beat it now.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 29, 2016

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

You don't have to use trinity to 8-rune a level. There are 10 options not including the breeze and endless runes.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Enigma posted:

You don't have to use trinity to 8-rune a level. There are 10 options not including the breeze and endless runes.

You're right, i'll edit my post. Thought there were 10 minus the infinity and breeze.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Here's my setup, which helps start off the level. If you can't afford to put all of these down, either level up and choose more money as a bonus, or maybe take out one of the dart traps:

Thanks. That is way better then what I was trying. I love the game, I just feel like I can't get going on any level.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Enigma posted:

Yeah, I don't use Trinity or purity.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Aethernet posted:

91 21 27 60 for me. Might actually see what a tournament looks like now!

Edit: Bloody hell, bearsonmcbear. Did you all-star every single level?

Barring 13 and the nightmare levels yes

Nightmare mode is a bitch btw, everything is so incredibly tanky that even the Classic's charged shot (which is obscenely strong compared to pretty much everything except lasers/bombs) takes a while to chew through turrets/helis/etc.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Azhais posted:

This is some unholy witchcraft poo poo on any stage that can support it

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
Sky Force 71 51 72 83, invite me

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Has anyone else experience a huge wall in Egg Inc at the Tachyon-To-Whatever-Is-Next phase of the game? Goddrat, it feels like I can't afford many upgrades, but still miles away from being able to even discover what's after Tachyon.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone have a good Blackjack game to recommend?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

MisterBibs posted:

Has anyone else experience a huge wall in Egg Inc at the Tachyon-To-Whatever-Is-Next phase of the game? Goddrat, it feels like I can't afford many upgrades, but still miles away from being able to even discover what's after Tachyon.

Yeah it sucks a lot, and it takes a shitload of soul eggs and/or gold egg purchases to get over the wall. The price curve on soul eggs is brutal too and knowing that I'm at best going to improve my next run by 50% instead of even just doubling my income is discouraging. I know they're doing it because they want to get people to buy the piggy bank at least but ugh.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Egg Inc went from amusing minute killer to Sisyphean hell fast.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Skyforce code: 71014551

I added everyone so far I think

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
My Skyforce ID is:
31 32 66 96

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Added everyone in Skyforce I think. Mine is 71 52 86 96

Vimto
Sep 11, 2001
Manchester City F.C
My skforce id is:

71 18 73 16

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

PinOut is great, another good game from one of my favorite mobile developers. My top score is about 10600 right now. The launch version is pretty short and bare-bones, though.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Does anyone have a better money farming level in Sky Force than level 3? I can't seem to find an easier level to earn more than 3000 on each run

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

MMD3 posted:

Does anyone have a better money farming level in Sky Force than level 3? I can't seem to find an easier level to earn more than 3000 on each run

I get about 3500 on level 6 on the third difficulty.

Did anyone actually win a tournament this last weekend? I had the highest score of my "friends", but didn't get credit for the prestige thing.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Just in time for Halloween to be over, there's a new Evil Dead endless runner out. It is apparently based on the 2013 remake though, so there probably won't be any Ash vs Evil Dead inspired shenanigans here.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

Dely Apple posted:

Egg Inc went from amusing minute killer to Sisyphean hell fast.

That's how I feel about the game. It was fun but man you hit a wall fast. I'm still trying to get fountain of youth egg

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

PinOut is great, another good game from one of my favorite mobile developers. My top score is about 10600 right now. The launch version is pretty short and bare-bones, though.
I like it but the ball physics is really weird when it rolls onto the flippers, it kind of slows down like the flippers are sticky which always throws me off.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
In the process of adding you Sky Force people, my code is 51 10 94 73.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I think I added all the SkyForce people. My code is 91 43 90 39

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Tunga posted:

I like it but the ball physics is really weird when it rolls onto the flippers, it kind of slows down like the flippers are sticky which always throws me off.

There's brakes along the sides near the flippers, it's the three lines next to the flippers.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So in Skyforce Reloaded, I was missing I think three cards or so, trying to get them. Then after getting a temporal card, i got an achievement notification saying I had picked up all the cards, which was false. But after checking out my card stock, I realized I had, in fact, got them all at once for reasons that are beyond my understanding.

Weird.

Also level 13 is loving nuts even on normal, and I have no idea how to beat some of these levels on Nightmare.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

Also level 13 is loving nuts even on normal, and I have no idea how to beat some of these levels on Nightmare.
This is the second time I've seen Nightmare mentioned, how do I unlock that?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Tunga posted:

This is the second time I've seen Nightmare mentioned, how do I unlock that?

Beat level 13 on normal difficulty and it'll become available for all levels in which you have completed insane difficulty.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

Beat level 13 on normal difficulty and it'll become available for all levels in which you have completed insane difficulty.
Ah okay, haven't tried 13 much yet but I'll focus on getting through it, thanks :) .

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Think I added everyone here in Skyforce but my code is 11 02 93 24

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

From the name I was hoping this would be some kind of zachtronics style reverse engineering/hacking game. Its not, and now i'm grumpy!

I still need to check out shenzen io though

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Morpheus posted:

So in Skyforce Reloaded, I was missing I think three cards or so, trying to get them. Then after getting a temporal card, i got an achievement notification saying I had picked up all the cards, which was false. But after checking out my card stock, I realized I had, in fact, got them all at once for reasons that are beyond my understanding.

Argh, gently caress you! I've been playing since the drat game came out and still haven't gotten the last card. I should just submit a ticket already, I guess.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Galaga Wars, a Pac-Man 256/Shooty Skies inspired take on the Galaga formula is out of soft launch and should be available worldwide. While its no Skyforce, I've been playing it for a while and I like it quite a bit.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

What are some of the best Kairosoft games? There's so many and I never really played one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Mystic Stylez posted:

What are some of the best Kairosoft games? There's so many and I never really played one of them

Game Dev Story