Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sylJEaDHkMQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Travis, Comment?

(:golfclap:)

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

He still doesn't care!

Kevin Meaney, dead at 60.

For old time's sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG-qCyYZRms

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 23, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Look out Hank Mancini, here comes eenie meenie!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

This made me laugh harder than it should've. Nice additions of Francesa spilling his coke and Harry Hater gobbling a peen.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
It's the quick shots that made me laugh the most. Harry Cocksucker, Colin and Mike Francesca both spilling drinks, the cake stomping, all that poo poo. Oh, and DASSABESSO always makes me chortle.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Where da cheese go?

Ah do' know!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
bitch

where be the motherfuckin cheese go at

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

When I was posting in the Stern thread, I forgot what Dish Nation was called. Which led me on a Google search for 'Blaine and Allyson' since they were the local people that were often on both Jocktober and that show. Which led me to Allyson's LinkedIn page.

She has been unemployed and 'looking for another radio home' since July 2015. After twenty years with her last gig. Ouch. I feel bad for her. Detroit has a lot of radio stations that aren't Clear Channel and IHeartRadio, but that is rough. According to LinkedIn, she has worked in nothing but radio her entire career.

On the bright side, Blaine has a new cohost and still looks strange, even if he's hiding it better.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
from an article last year

"In what may be surprising, Allyson says she hasn't talked to her longtime radio partner Blaine since leaving."

boy does that sound familiar. Sounds like Blaine didn't go to bat for her.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Karson & Kennedy are still going strong. Check out Kennedy's Dirty on the 30 for all the hottest celebrity gossip

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

jerkstoresup posted:

"In what may be surprising, Allyson says she hasn't talked to her longtime radio partner Blaine since leaving."

Wasn't Opie talking about writing a book?

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2016/02/allyson_of_blaine_and_allyson.html

----------

oh god, she's done 161 episodes of her podcast :gonk:

https://soundcloud.com/the-allyson-show/episode-161

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 27, 2016

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

If you want something really special, check out Episode 160 and enjoy how a twenty-year radio professional can't figure out how to set her own levels and plays music over her phone onto the podcast itself. loving hell.

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/hd5Pi

At first I thought the lack of comments was the funniest thing. Then I looked at the tags. Sometimes maybe you're just digging your own career's grave.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 27, 2016

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Call Me Charlie posted:

Wasn't Opie talking about writing a book?

I think Opie and Anthony had signed they signed a book deal years and years ago but never wrote a book because that would entail doing actual work.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Opie talks about writing a book in the same way anyone says "I could write a book about it" to brag about how much poo poo they've experienced, but he is too loving egomaniacal to backpedal when cornered. So he just doubles down as always but does nothing

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

jerkstoresup posted:

Blaine wants to meet up for a beer first before they do anything

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

We're about a decade past the point that anyone would care about an O&A tell all book.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

We're about a decade past the point that anyone would care about an O&A tell all book.

Yeah, that point was passed when they were fired for the Sex for Sam contest. Looking back on it all, they really hosed up a lot of chances to get more popular with people in general and really settled on their laurels a lot. Which is a nice way to say 'did jackshit except collect a paycheck bitching about how they should be more famous.'

Oh well, it's not like anybody gives a poo poo now. Opie has alienated the only fanbase he'll ever have, Ant is living in delusion like people give a poo poo about podcasts, and Jimmy is doing better work on the show with Sam. It's over, Johnny.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Anthony did what any guinea tin knocker would do after getting millions, to be fair

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

VikingSkull posted:

Anthony did what any guinea tin knocker would do after getting millions, to be fair

Guinea tin knockers don't need millions to get arrested for domestic abuse.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Droopy Goines posted:

Guinea tin knockers don't need millions to get arrested for domestic abuse.
But it sure makes it easier

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Saw Jimmy last night and it was really good. I thought my wife would hate it and she was laughing the whole time. Both openers were pretty bad (local guy first, then Emily Galati). He did some crowd work and one woman up front sounded pretty wasted and he fake flirted with her and it turned more into clearly she wanted to gently caress him and then thought she could make comments after his jokes because she thought she had an in. Luckily he would steam roll over her and it didn't happen too often.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
robot chip is loving funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO8Wi8N19ic&t=4979s

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Real life Wooly willy, holy poo poo

e: Bobby in that screenshot

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

So does anybody non-ironically listen to the Opie show?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Smugworth posted:

If it comes on the channel when I am in the car. If he starts doing some celebrity interview though I flip it no matter what.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Smugworth posted:

His Artie Lange show was alright. That's all I've checked out, though.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
has anyone seen Ant and Anthony Weiner in the same room

just sayin'

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
I love the Jim and Sam show so much. It's like a dream come true.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

mousetrench posted:

I love the Jim and Sam show so much. It's like a dream come true.

I like the show a lot too, but Sam is already starting to grate on me slightly. He sounds a bit panicked and desperate to keep the energy up all the time. That's a nitpick though - the show is obviously much, much better than anything Opie is involved with.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Yeah I really like the show too. It reminds me of 2006 O&A before Obama sent Ant to the loony bin and hold on hold on hold on wasn't quite getting on my nerves yet. It might change after hearing Sam's awful fake laugh one too many times but for now it's been a nice long honeymoon period.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ozza posted:

I like the show a lot too, but Sam is already starting to grate on me slightly. He sounds a bit panicked and desperate to keep the energy up all the time. That's a nitpick though - the show is obviously much, much better than anything Opie is involved with.
Jimmy is frequently trying to derail or sink the energy of the show and has been since even a little before Anthony left. It's a funny gag sometimes but it does mean Sam has to overcorrect a bit. Good on Sam for being able to play along without getting just killed by it like Opie often would.

Though to be honest "a Jim character destroys show at random intervals" is getting pretty loving old to me at this point and the payoffs get fewer and farther between

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

CrashCat posted:

Though to be honest "a Jim character destroys show at random intervals" is getting pretty loving old to me at this point and the payoffs get fewer and farther between

Chip Robotson is a national treasure :colbert:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MrChupon posted:

Chip Robotson is a national treasure :colbert:

Yeah that was some good poo poo. Sometimes it isn't. Thankfully Sam is way better at dealing with a derail than Opie

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Jimmy was at his absolute best in the NEW days and the first few years of XM when he was on the road a lot. He's genius in a lot of ways, but it's the kind of overbearing genius that gets diluted with overexposure.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
The derails are my favorite part. I never get tired of them. I can easily understand why someone would find them annoying or unfunny, but for some reason even Jim's stupidest antics make me laugh.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

ozza posted:

It's so refreshing not to hear Opie constantly yelling things for no reason, and then repeating them three times. PERIOD. I don't miss Anthony's right wing rants either.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Crazy how The Opie & Anthony Show is now called The Jim & Sam Show, huh gang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

jyrka posted:

Crazy how The Opie & Anthony Show is now called The Jim & Sam Show, huh gang.

Funny how the real dead weight was a 20-year radio 'veteran' and his talented-but-unfocused co-host.

• Locked thread