Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TeeMerk posted:

put romo and dak on the field in the same formation....

Alternate QBS every play; keep the defense guessing who's going to throw the ball. Clownball, form zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Agholor is gonna score a 70+ yard TD in the first quarter.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Okay NattyBo. I think I have been unfairly harsh on Cousins. He has played fairly well. So here's what I'm gonna do: I'll watch the Bengals game with a completely open mind, no preconceptions. However Cousins does, I will base my opinion on that and never change my mind no matter what. If he plays a bad game this morning, he is trash forever. If he plays incredibly, he is in the GOAT conversation.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

TeeMerk posted:

put romo and dak on the field in the same formation....

This play will end with one of them impaled on the other.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

blue squares posted:

Okay NattyBo. I think I have been unfairly harsh on Cousins. He has played fairly well. So here's what I'm gonna do: I'll watch the Bengals game with a completely open mind, no preconceptions. However Cousins does, I will base my opinion on that and never change my mind no matter what. If he plays a bad game this morning, he is trash forever. If he plays incredibly, he is in the GOAT conversation.

Seems fair enough :shrug:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

There is a good football game coming on tonight.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

89 posted:

Agholor is gonna score a 70+ yard TD in the first quarter.

Have some balls - Toxx this

I'll put $25 to the charity of your choice if it happens

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

There is a good football game coming on tonight.

Weird that you describe your team being mauled as "good"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
The Eagles are going to lose, and I'm ok with that.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm not ready to make a prediction at this moment, but I would say that if Philly were at home they would win by at least 17 points.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Losing tonight isnt a huge issue as we usually split the series with Dallas anyway. What im interested in is how Phillys approach to the game will be. Historically Dallas have gashed our secondary via Whitten and Dez but tonight i think Elliot is going to have a monster game while Prescotts numbers will be fairly pedestrian (not by poor play, just because he wont need to put up big numbers).

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm not ready to make a prediction at this moment, but I would say that if Philly were at home they would win by at least 17 points.

why is every post you make so dumb and wrong?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

zero chance. the Cowboys offense as currently constructed is perfect to attack the Eagles' weaknesses (running up the gut, quick passes ton expose our poor LB coverage) and their defense is decent enough to slow the Eagles waaaay down, even if they can't stop them outright. unless we're +2 turnovers I don't see a way we come out of there with a win. even then we could still easily lose if they keep us to field goals.

e: one thing I think is extremely obnoxious and stupid is how so many media outlets are saying "this could be the next Brady-Manning!!" like hey, how about you give them athe least half a season before tossing that around. nobody knows how they're going to look in December, let alone five years from now. I thought Wilson/Newton was supposed to be the next Brady/Manning, did we forget about that already?

indigi fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 30, 2016

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

why is every post you make so dumb and wrong?

Philly has the better defense.
Philly's defense is the best that Dallas will have played thus far.
Dallas is running Ezekiel Elliot into the ground.

I'm not going to pretend like Dallas isn't favored in the game, but Philly has shown up big twice this season when playing against teams that are favored. Obviously Philly needs to try and contain Elliot, and I think the front 4 can do their jobs, but it mostly depends on the LBs. We'll have to see if Schwartz uses Allen/Logan/Bradham to any effect. I think that Philly will do enough to force Dak to either win/lose the game for Dallas, but if they come out looking like they did against Washington, then they are in trouble.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 30, 2016

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

with that offensive line I really don't think our front four will be able to "do their job." if the LBs have to play close to help the run game, Beasley and Witten are gonna eat up the middle of the field. poo poo, they're probably gonna do that anyway.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dallas is running Ezekiel Elliot into the ground.

Elliott will break down hard in week 12 or 13, like most rookies do, adjusting to the longer NFL schedule.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

if the LBs have to play close to help the run game, Beasley and Witten are gonna eat up the middle of the field. poo poo, they're probably gonna do that anyway.

It seems to me that forcing Dallas to try and win this way is the best way to beat them.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Josh Gordon and Brandon Marshall are going to be Eagles before Tuesday.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

blue squares posted:

This is perfect. Natty can continue to defend Kirk as the best QB in the NFL, and everyone else can acknowledge that he is just good enough to not win or not lose a game.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This is perfect. Natty can continue to defend Kirk as the best QB in the NFL, and everyone else can acknowledge that he is just good enough to not win or not lose a game.

:laffo:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

:golfclap:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The NFCE still hasn't lost in London this year :smug:

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Heh

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

How many times do you need bye weeks explained to you? Obviously, at least three.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrLogan posted:

How many times do you need bye weeks explained to you? Obviously, at least three.

The only one close to him on the list that has already had a bye is Brees, ya jerk. Everyone else in the top 9 (which is where it drops below 2k yards, and #10 is Eli who is on bye this week) hasn't had a bye yet, but you keep sticking to your non-analysis and narrative. Even if Brees passes him while Washington is on bye this week, #2 is hardly something to sniff at.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's amazing how many yards you can throw for when you have 15 extra minutes and don't give a gently caress about winning a football game.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Edit: The NFL site hadn't updated yet, Matt Ryan is now in the lead, Cousins second. Still pretty happy. If you take out OT passing yards today he's still right there with Brees at #3 (trying to find quarter by quarter stats is surprisingly hard!)

He's still only 46 yards short of being on pace for a 5,000 yard season, which is drat impressive, even if I know he isn't actually going to get close to 5K, I think he's almost certain to break the franchise records he set last year.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
edit: Wrong thread sorry. Thought this was aftermath.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 31, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Cousins is good but seeing Nattybo jump all over to prove how good he is makes me want to keep discounting him as poop

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Febreeze posted:

Cousins is good but seeing Nattybo jump all over to prove how good he is makes me want to keep discounting him as poop

Says the guy who has had a Manning (granted, the just ok one, but still) at QB for a decade).

Good QBs for my team in my lifetime are:

1 season of Mark Rypien, 1 season of Brad Johnson.

That's it, that's the list.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

NattyBo posted:

Says the guy who has had a Manning (granted, the just ok one, but still) at QB for a decade).

hey RG3 was cool for a season

Also I am totally on your side in the Cousins debate. I think he's good and underappreciated. But nobody is going to notice until he beats good teams consistently. The only good team he's beaten so far is the Eagles, and it's still kind of tough to tell how good the Eagles are.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 31, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NattyBo posted:

Rex Grossman

but yeah Romo has played for my entire NFL fandom, so I don't know what it's like to not have a good QB. I'm happy for you that you're happy and excited

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Febreeze posted:

hey RG3 was cool for a season

True, true, but the end of that season was so tragic I kind of blocked it out.

Same with the Brad Johnson season, actually. I cried after the bad field goal snap at Tampa Bay that would have taken us to the NFCCG - and I was like, 15. Then the center, Dan Turk, who hosed it up, died like less than a year later so I couldn't even hold on to my irrational hate.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

blue squares posted:

Rex Grossman

but yeah Romo has played for my entire NFL fandom, so I don't know what it's like to not have a good QB. I'm happy for you that you're happy and excited

Thanks man. :3:

I just hope the team does the right thing and signs him for a few years this offseason. I've said it before, I'm just not willing to go back into the QB wilderness. I want some stability around a guy who can do enough good things to win us some games, put some good players with him and see what happens.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

NattyBo posted:

True, true, but the end of that season was so tragic I kind of blocked it out.

Same with the Brad Johnson season, actually. I cried after the bad field goal snap at Tampa Bay that would have taken us to the NFCCG - and I was like, 15. Then the center, Dan Turk, who hosed it up, died like less than a year later so I couldn't even hold on to my irrational hate.

For the record I am totally on your side in the Cousins debate. He has made a couple of hilarious mistakes and had a really INT happy start to his career so nobody gives him credit anymore. I think he's good and underappreciated. But nobody is going to notice until he beats good teams consistently. The only good team he's beaten so far is the Eagles, and it's still kind of tough to tell how good the Eagles are, so while I think Cousins is good it's kind of hard for me or anyone to really trust him yet.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Whoa, deja vu

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

Rex Grossman

:same: and :agreed:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

gently caress the Cowboys and gently caress the touchdown-wins-it-overtime-rule.

That's all.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah, well the Eagles have a fan who paddled down a river in a pumpkin. Dude has immaculate taste in quarterbacks and watercraft, and you other fuckass teams don't have anyone this rad supporting yall.

:smug::smug::smug:

No I am not salty, why do you ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That OT cowboys drive was a thing of beauty.

Thanks to the redskins not losing, they're still above .500 at the bottom of the NFCE. Looks like the NFCE is still the best division in football after this week.

• Locked thread