Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath Complete

Not my best by far. The armour reminded me why I had sworn off space marines. I did a weird experiment and painted them entirely with liquitex inks. I really liked them however they are very bright. I had to spend a lot of time dulling them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think you could probably claim the theme challenge, too - the Black Flash is literally Death, isn't he? That seems appropriately spooky!

I thought it was claim one or the other? But yeah he probably does count!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think you could probably claim the theme challenge, too - the Black Flash is literally Death, isn't he? That seems appropriately spooky!

OATH ADDITION COMPLETE!

I'll let you off this time, but in the future you should only make a single Oath completion post with all your stuff.

Ugleb posted:

I thought it was claim one or the other? But yeah he probably does count!

You can claim both, but you'll only get 1 point for it :) (you get the point for doing at least one challenge, not one per challenge)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Zark the Damned posted:

I'll let you off this time, but in the future you should only make a single Oath completion post with all your stuff.

Sorry! It's just I added the stuff after posting my initial oath completion. I can whip up a completion compilation tomorrow before the deadline.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Lich Lord Terminus, my journal submission.

Trollkin Bandits and Braylen Wanderheart

Morat Hacker

Councillor

Morlocks

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of October a spoooooky Malifaux Drowned

I moved 950km south this month, and left my models and paints behind, so this is the first chance I've had to sit down and paint anything.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby oath for the month of October a spoooooky Malifaux Drowned

I moved 950km south this month, and left my models and paints behind, so this is the first chance I've had to sit down and paint anything.

Approved!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Sorry! It's just I added the stuff after posting my initial oath completion. I can whip up a completion compilation tomorrow before the deadline.

It's OK, just don't do it again :)

:siren: 23 hours left to submit your Oath completions for October :siren:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

One spooooky ghost for the theme, drowned unjustly and doomed to follow the commands of whichever resurrectionist happens to stumble upon their spirit. Now with cheeky butt-window!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

Having conquered Inktober this year, I, grassy gnoll, oath these four Uberfallcommando (28mm by Corvus Belli) for October.

We'll find out shortly how bad an idea this was!

Oath Complete

Claiming Theme Challenge, for painting the scariest monsters of all, furries.

I like that goat dude. The rest of these are in desperate need of a resculpt.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Agreed, the ram pose is fantastic, great momentum. The others are just :catstare:

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
I, Jubelio, oath to paint this Menoth Dervish

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete!

Not much of an oath this month, just keeping myself in practice while I wait for Dropfleet.

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

Oath Complete!

Claiming Technical Challenge, that middle tank was meant to be black but came out more grey. And in the picture it looks positively blue. I won't be upset if someone rules it not black enough to count :geno:

While a nice change of pace from painting 28mm individuals, I'm only 'OK' with how these turned out. Painting large flat surfaces evenly has never been a skill of mine, and I ran out of time to tidy up the washes. Oh well!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
:ghost:Oath complete!:ghost:

I'm claiming Theme for the spooky scary skeletons.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

:ghost: I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the spooky month of October :ghost:

One 'Dragons Don't Share' tower by Reaper (25mm)

EMERGENCY SUPER LATE OATH ADDITION

1 Mr Bones by Reaper (25mm)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

jubelio posted:

I, Jubelio, oath to paint this Menoth Dervish

Approved!

16 hours left folks!

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
oath complete

claiming the paint it black challenge for october

didnt quite turn out how I wanted but it was fun working with primarily one color

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I, KPC_Mammon, oath to paint this Hero Quest Mummy

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

Approved!

:siren: 13 hours remaining!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Oath complete

Internet is hosed so having to do this on mobile, which is fun to say the least. Speaking of fun, really not in the groove at the moment, it was a struggle getting motivated on these three.

Going for jurnal with the black of the not-comissar, and Box art on her and her buddy. I'll get artwork asap, it's been hard enough uploading the photo so it might be a day or two.

Edit: Oh yeah kinda need the name. Added.

Scowny fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 31, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Scowny posted:

Oath complete

Internet is hosed so having to do this on mobile, which is fun to say the least. Speaking of fun, really not in the groove at the moment, it was a struggle getting motivated on these three.

Going for jurnal with the black of the not-comissar, and Box art on her and her buddy. I'll get artwork asap, it's been hard enough uploading the photo so it might be a day or two.

Gonna need your name on the pic for credit dude :(

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

Oath Complete!

I was really hoping to paint up some black CA from Infinity, but I ended up not having much free time this month (or last month). Luckily this spooky mummy is ready for Halloween.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

theme challenge: paint any type of scary monster The Ankhegs (well, really everything except Odin)

Achievement #SquadGoals spider squad represent!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren: OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming JURNAL because they're all in black and because they're spooooky warp ghosts!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

Despite only being one miniature, this was competing against making the family halloween costumes and I barely got it done. The base is still drying.

Also claiming JURNAL because oooooo, it's a scary mummy!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete

Claiming the Theme Challenge for the Gator

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
I, Ledgem, Oath for October one Super Dungeon Explore skeleton from soda pop miniatures

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

KPC_Mammon posted:

Oath Complete!

I was really hoping to paint up some black CA from Infinity, but I ended up not having much free time this month (or last month). Luckily this spooky mummy is ready for Halloween.

I just realized that this qualifies for journal due to being a mummy. What is the best way to append my post?

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007

LewdMonocle posted:

I, LewdMoncle, Oath four Infinity Nomads from Corvus Belli 28mm

Oath Complete!

Also Claming Journeyman.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete

Challenge
Spooky Scary Skeleton

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oath Complete!

I plan on editing this post soon for more pictures. I picked up supplies to build a lightbox the other day, and have tomorrow off work so I'm going to work on that to get some pictures with and edit them in.

Edit:

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 2, 2016

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Oath complete

Challenge for the shaded and highlighted black.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete - Challenge for either black goblin or skeleton

Funny bones

Future dwarves

Goblin ninja

Also a bonus shot of the same mini from 2-3 years ago.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete! Claiming jurnal for spider spookiness!

Sorry about the photos being a little blurry. Currently pulling a all-nighter and took a break to photo it and my hands are kinda shaky from the typing.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:hb: OATH COMPLETE :hb:

Wait, what's that rattling sound?

Why it's Mister Bones, here to claim the challenge for me!

Also claiming WIP Photos with these 3 points captured between the bare white plastic oath, and the finished product above.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming the JURNAL on account of the whole Grim Reaper in Space thing he's got going on.

And on his scenic base:

Bonus effects shot:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ledgem posted:

I, Ledgem, Oath for October one Super Dungeon Explore skeleton from soda pop miniatures

Approved!

KPC_Mammon posted:

I just realized that this qualifies for journal due to being a mummy. What is the best way to append my post?

This message is fine, I figured it'd be a Jurnal entry :)

Ashcans posted:

Oath Complete!

Despite only being one miniature, this was competing against making the family halloween costumes and I barely got it done. The base is still drying.

Also claiming JURNAL because oooooo, it's a scary mummy!

Looks good, but get your name on those pics for credit!

:siren: Time is up for October! :siren: - if you've already posted your completion but it needs names I'll give a couple days leeway (I understand it's likely busy with actual Halloween stuff), otherwise, you fail!

You can check your points and stuff at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=19 - let me know if I've missed anything.

Onwards to November:

November: Harvest Time! Oranges and yellows are the theme! ORRR go with Day of the Dead as your theme
technical challenge: your choice! paint orange and red leaves on your model OR paint some skulls (actual freehand paint 2D skulls, not just painted model skulls)
theme challenge: your choice! harvest time celebrations OR Day of the Dead (Google it)

As ever, the countdown is available at https://oath-countdown.appspot.com/ - get painting!

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 1, 2016

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I, Iceclaw, hereby Oath to paint the following:
-Kommander Strakhov, Privateer Press, 28mm
-10 Assault Kommandos, same maker and scales
-Tanith the Feral Song, same
-A Pureblood Warpwof, same
-A Gorax, same
-A Wild Argus, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Time!

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath the Kerail Preceptor box from Corvus Belli.

Bit of a busy month, so we'll start with this, see how it goes :)

• Locked thread