Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
There's got to be more V-relevant OG mecha. There's no way there are four selectable heroes and only one mech, especially not one that looks like such a tank instead of a generalist. It'd be interesting to have a heavy cannon robot and a scrappy punch robot instead of the stereotypical rocket punches and rifles split (as demonstrated by the Gust and Hucky), I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Ooooh, baby. If I wasn't too hyped before, I am now!

The Mazingers and Crossbone Gundams (F91!) looked the best to me, though I really liked Yamato's attack. The other attacks looked fine, albeit rather basic - I'll withhold judgment until I see more.

This BGM list, though...

Anime ja nai, Silent Voice, Tomorrow, Southern Wind, Mizu no Hoshi (!), You get to Burning, Beyond the Time... I love so many of these!

The absence of Unicorn Gundam in the BGM list worries me but I reckon, like in MD, they simply didn't include it the bonus disk. I can't see that song and the Trans-Am theme not being in.

If the Crossbone Theme isn't here, however, there'll be hell to pay!

Edit: I'm really feeling the protagonist dude's design. People have been comparing him to Z.O.E.'s Dingo and I can definitely see it.

Not too sure about the OG bot but I'll wait until I see more.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 31, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That list of music is part of the Premium Edition. They're songs with vocals instead of just instrumentals.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The Cross Omega artist really loves fanservice, but their designs are miles more interesting than what we've been getting in OG and the mainline series up till now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

For some reason I had thought that V didn't have SEED

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is V up for preorder anywhere?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Pureauthor posted:

That list of music is part of the Premium Edition. They're songs with vocals instead of just instrumentals.

V has a premium edition? drat, I didn't see that one for preorder.

Raxivace posted:

Is V up for preorder anywhere?

PlayAsia has it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Prism posted:

PlayAsia has it.
I found it on there, made an account, and now I'm going to be spending too much money on this game.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
What does it say at 7:07? I see something about Product Code in the title.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I notice that Ple is fighting a SEED Destiny enemy in the trailer, I guess ZZ won't have many enemy units if any.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

ImpAtom posted:

I notice that Ple is fighting a SEED Destiny enemy in the trailer, I guess ZZ won't have many enemy units if any.

I'm really hoping ZZ has plot. Having Marida and the other Purus around but not Glemy seems like a wasted opportunity...

Let Judau handle Haman and make the triplets kill the guy with a Final Puru Special!

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I will be disappointed if Haman cannot join you. It would be cool to field 4 Qubeleys; Haman, Ple, Ple 2 and give Marida her Qubeley too. (Needs to have a "Puru Puru Puru! combo attack too." :colbert:)

Though I guess G Genesis will be for that.

Will Chan get screwed over again?

Brunom1 posted:

Let Judau handle Haman and make the triplets kill the guy with a Final Puru Special!

Would be great.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Man, February is way earlier than I was expecting. Hopefully we'll get the English version sometime in March.

The Fuckin' Grungust and Huckebein were the last things I was expecting.
e: apparently theyre DLC?

KoB fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 31, 2016

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Here's a translation of the preorder bonuses:

Bonus 1: Get a gift scenario that lets you get useful parts and money at the start of the game
Bonus 2: SRWV original theme
Bonus 3: Use SRW 25th anniversary special addition robots Grungust and Huckebein right from the beginning of the game

My general impressions of the trainer:

I liked Athrun's Char Kick? F91 is good. Puru had good animations. And maybe this time we won't have any reason to do a bunch of griping about the female lead being relegated to support pilot. :v:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Hokuto posted:

Bonus 1: Get a gift scenario that lets you get useful parts and money at the start of the game
Bonus 3: Use SRW 25th anniversary special addition robots Grungust and Huckebein right from the beginning of the game

I liked Athrun's Char Kick? F91 is good. Puru had good animations. And maybe this time we won't have any reason to do a bunch of griping about the female lead being relegated to support pilot. :v:

Oh, you get all those preorder bonuses? That's cool.

Still curious about the 'premium edition' with the vocal BGMs, I didn't see that one for sale.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hokuto posted:

So wait, this implies that you get the Grungust and the Huckie eventually regardless. I wonder if their early preorder appearance is plotless then?

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

So wait, this implies that you get the Grungust and the Huckie eventually regardless. I wonder if their early preorder appearance is plotless then?

To me that sounds like you can choose them as the main original, but probably have to do something like beat the game with the new one first to unlock them.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Reads to me like they're the anniversary bonus and you'll get them from the code as robots you can switch into in the beginning of the game.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
The way they specify "right from the beginning of the game" makes me believe that the Grungust and Huckebein will be unlocked in the mid-to-late game normally, but you get them right from the word go if you preorder. Like letting you have the Gunbuster right at the beginning of Alpha 1 or something.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
If they don't have a Ple combo attack then this game will be a failure. Alternatively have the Marida survival condition involve being saved by the other Ples.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Well, I'm hype.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm crying. The Yamato attack looks so good! The dude definitely reminds me of Dingo or just any dude in Top Gun and t he lady is the biggest tity lady yet. Huckebein back and at the end of February!!

I just hope the Premium edition being all digital stuff means you can get it on the PSN and not hard copy exclusive that sells out in 5 seconds.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh man, that new OG unit looks amazing.

Also, from the second I get it, I don't think ZERO is going to ever leave my active deployment. I don't care how terrible the manga was, I love the design. It just needs to be paired up with SKL for maximum edgelord adaptations of popular robots.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

So how much more are the premium releases? Because I may splurge for it if there's an english version. The first english non-og SRW deserves a good chunk of my paycheck

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The only other thing I'd like to hope for is a return to the half body portraits in cutscenes like OG instead of the heads inside boxes like all the portable games.

Also it's not quite Chirico killing the antispiral with an armored magnum, but I will make sure that Ange will be killing something silly with her rifle.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

:swoon: That trailer was amazing! I'm especially glad Puru is playable again too, hopefully we'll get to do ZZ's plot as well. Also I guess I'll end up using Ange if her animations are that cool, Tusk however is never leaving the bench.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm excited for late UC for the first time since what, Alpha 2? I am curious if it's going to have a squad or partner system of some sort. Some of those attacks (I'm thinking Crossbone in particular) looked like they could be ALLs but that doesn't mean much.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Prism posted:

I'm just real glad it was the old Huckebein art. I like it more than its future evolutions, probably because it's not so busy (something Banpresto seems to have trouble with occasionally). Old Grungust is pretty aces too.

I'm used to thinking of the Huckebein series as being super detailed and overly designed, so seeing how streamlined the original suit is really surprised me. It actually looks really cool!

That kind of mirrors my thoughts with the Grungust's, too. I've never cared for the Grungust 0 or Grungust 3.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Tribladeofchaos posted:

:swoon: That trailer was amazing! I'm especially glad Puru is playable again too, hopefully we'll get to do ZZ's plot as well. Also I guess I'll end up using Ange if her animations are that cool, Tusk however is never leaving the bench.

i gotta tip my hat at banpresto for not being skeevy with ange's cut ins

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Race Realists posted:

I'd give them time but it's nice they're at least somewhat holding back on it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Race Realists posted:

I can only imagine that even the most diehard T&A fanservice people at Banpresto were put off by Cross Ange.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Was gone for a while and didn't realize a new thread had popped up. New SRW V trailer is pretty great and loving the Shin Great Mazinger and upgrade look. I just realized that there are a ton of Gundam series in V. I'm going to need to preorder the premium for the Huckbein and Grungust starters.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm used to thinking of the Huckebein series as being super detailed and overly designed, so seeing how streamlined the original suit is really surprised me. It actually looks really cool!

That kind of mirrors my thoughts with the Grungust's, too. I've never cared for the Grungust 0 or Grungust 3.

The F and FF-era art was quite different in general from modern art. Gundams had eyes in-game. It was a weird time. But the concept art was generally a little less busy - as you put it, accurately, more streamlined. Even the Guest generic units got a huge bump in complexity when they started showing up in OG games (though some of them, like the original Liege Geios, were already starting to become really complex).

Edit: IMO this really began with the PSX-era and onward games, probably because the increasing resolution allowed them to make more complicated designs legible on-screen. Even the GBA screen, though no bigger in resolution than the SNES, tended to be a little sharper than an old-style CRT monitor.

Prism fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 31, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I wonder if the Huckie and the Grungust will get upgraded to new variants within the game, or if it's going to be pure nostalgia bait and they only get their classic moves with maybe a new finisher as the mid-game upgrade.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Infinity Gaia posted:

I wonder if the Huckie and the Grungust will get upgraded to new variants within the game, or if it's going to be pure nostalgia bait and they only get their classic moves with maybe a new finisher as the mid-game upgrade.

They're 25th anniversary throwback inclusions, they are expressly unit-only nostalgia bait.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Caphi posted:

They're 25th anniversary throwback inclusions, they are expressly unit-only nostalgia bait.

Are they unit-only? I assumed those pilots were a) locked to them and b) story-related.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Prism posted:

The F and FF-era art was quite different in general from modern art. Gundams had eyes in-game. It was a weird time. But the concept art was generally a little less busy - as you put it, accurately, more streamlined.

It's just a shock to me, because I absolutely did not care for the Huckebeins at all before now.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope them using art of Eva Unit 1 from the end of rebuild 2.0 means it'll be a usable unit for the last few stages of the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I hope them using art of Eva Unit 1 from the end of rebuild 2.0 means it'll be a usable unit for the last few stages of the game.

Rebuild 2.0 Eva-1 appeared in Z3 and still wasn't usable so eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So wait are we actually having selectable protagonists for the first time since Z1?

• Locked thread