Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Magnus Condomus posted:

The one caveat is that if you buffer it in the air you cannot change which direction it will slide. It will go in the direction of your initial momentum rather than where you are aiming/looking.

If you wait till your feet barely hit the ground and then slide it'll go where you're aiming.

Honestly it was a huge ordeal just to get below 33.6 for me. Not even going to bother trying to learn how to bunnyhop.

The important thing about slide hopping is DO NOT HOLD FORWARD. You will lose speed if you do. It's just like TF1 Bhopal but the timing is much more forgiving.

Also there is proper eject strafing in this game. you have to start doing it while you're pulling the eject handle. Stim helps a ton too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Carecat posted:

The anti titan turret on the other hand is a complete piece of crap. It does do damage, it just has the life expectancy of a gnat.

I wonder how much of that is the turret genuinely being weak, or its targets just having a way greater capacity to survive the first shots and return fire. It's not supposed to kill Titans all on its lonesome, but apart from other Titans themselves nothing is.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This game would be everything if they had co-OP multiplayer with like destiny style strikes and raids in the same vein as the campaign storyline.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I would bet money on Frontier Defense returning at some point, especially now that they have all the new AI bots like Reapers and Stalkers.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

I wonder how much of that is the turret genuinely being weak, or its targets just having a way greater capacity to survive the first shots and return fire. It's not supposed to kill Titans all on its lonesome, but apart from other Titans themselves nothing is.

The turret is horrible to turn a corner and find as a pilot. One was parked in a room in one of the indoor heavy maps positioned in a way it was difficult to get a clear shot at without being killed.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Haven't touched the multiplayer yet but the campaign is so much fun. I'm loving the movement and how everything feels. Shooting guns feels so good in this game, like I don't know but they pack a mean punch.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Mindblast posted:

Anyone know if the "cannot connect to mp server" (or whatever the message fully is) has gotten a resolution? A mate still can't get in even though their internet is fine.

If his issue is seeing data centers/actually connecting to one without getting a 408 error, bug still exists, but i found a stupid annoying way around it. Can type up when Im home in a couple hours if needed.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I can't see it in the OP, so is there a Euro xbone network?

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The part of the campaign with time travel made me think of this game: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bO5xcPR2ikk

Northstar is my spirit titan. I suck at sniping, but the crack from the railgun shot fills me with joy even if I miss, and flight core is gimmicky but :black101:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Knifegrab posted:

Also is there some secret to Northstars core ability? I feel like it doesn't do that much damage...

It is weaker than every other core ability in the game for sure. I use it from a distance , just spraying it on titans engaged with my teams titans. Honestly it is more effective to kill pilots with it than titans.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Insert name here posted:

How the hell do you play Scorch? Northstar and Scorch are probably my worst performing titans tonight as I cycled through all of them to get those easy levels. I understand Northstar well enough, I'm just bad at it, but Scorch just leaves me scratching my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpkwfUeKKFI

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

keyframe posted:

It is weaker than every other core ability in the game for sure. I use it from a distance , just spraying it on titans engaged with my teams titans. Honestly it is more effective to kill pilots with it than titans.

I had a realization around why legion and tone feel so powerful, it's because they are the only titans who can use their defensive ability while attacking / using their core.

I think the strydr class titans need a huge damage reduction while coreing, and ion and scorch just need large damage buffs, because their cores seemingly don't do crazy amounts of damage.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
There are a bunch of goon squad networks on xbone which is the right one?

Having a great time with then game though thats not too surprising. Huge fan of giant robots, cute A.I.s and the first game.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Mr.Citrus posted:

I had a realization around why legion and tone feel so powerful, it's because they are the only titans who can use their defensive ability while attacking / using their core.

I think the strydr class titans need a huge damage reduction while coreing, and ion and scorch just need large damage buffs, because their cores seemingly don't do crazy amounts of damage.

You are mad laser core is absolutely fantastic.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Tokubetsu posted:

There are a bunch of goon squad networks on xbone which is the right one?

Having a great time with then game though thats not too surprising. Huge fan of giant robots, cute A.I.s and the first game.

I joined up with BOYS but yeah, let's consolidate this poo poo.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mr.Citrus posted:

Mr.Citrus posted:

Yeah what. Laser core is probably the most powerful titan core.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
For salvo core do I need to acquire locks first or can I just spam it in the direction of some titans and it'll do it's thing?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

For salvo core do I need to acquire locks first or can I just spam it in the direction of some titans and it'll do it's thing?

Once those rockets start leaving your cannon, they go wherever you're pointing your reticle.

I like to shoot mine straight up in the air and then look at my target. Death from above.

They really need some emotes in this game.

Thunder Lipps
Feb 12, 2013
Is it just me, or is the music in this game REALLY good? The music that plays during the opening cinematic gives me goosebumps every time. And during the final mission, when you leap onto the airship to take out the three guns, the music ratchets up and makes you feel like an absolute monster while mowing grunts down.

Also can anyone make a gif of the part where you give BT a thumbs up, he looks at your hand for a moment, and then awkwardly returns the thumbs up? That was pretty much the moment where BT became my Robro for life.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Thunder Lipps posted:

Is it just me, or is the music in this game REALLY good? The music that plays during the opening cinematic gives me goosebumps every time. And during the final mission, when you leap onto the airship to take out the three guns, the music ratchets up and makes you feel like an absolute monster while mowing grunts down.

Also can anyone make a gif of the part where you give BT a thumbs up, he looks at your hand for a moment, and then awkwardly returns the thumbs up? That was pretty much the moment where BT became my Robro for life.

It was in one of the trailiers, already :3:

http://i.imgur.com/NUI31Ki.gifv

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

el B posted:

Once those rockets start leaving your cannon, they go wherever you're pointing your reticle.

I like to shoot mine straight up in the air and then look at my target. Death from above.

They really need some emotes in this game.

yeah for salvo and regular lock on rockets you want to pretty much always be firing them up or to the side so they can go around corners.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
My favourite part is after that you notice that the other robots start giving you thumbs up like BT taught them how to do it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

You got super lucky (or had good map knowledge I guess) with those 2 guys at the start totally oblivious with their backs to you.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Sultan Tarquin posted:

You are mad laser core is absolutely fantastic.

I dunno it feels like it does strictly less damage than salvo core by a lot. :shrug:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Tokubetsu posted:

yeah for salvo and regular lock on rockets you want to pretty much always be firing them up or to the side so they can go around corners.

I was almost certain salvo core honed in on locked targets :psyduck:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

Yeah what. Laser core is probably the most powerful titan core.

No, it's smart core.

Laser core isn't bad, though, but it could definitely do with not restricting your turn rate or not disabling your dash (one of the two).

Also, it has a Macross reference, so it's the best core.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Knifegrab posted:

Naw, the whole point is to make it possible to curve it around defenses.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I wasn't feeling laser core until I stuck that last augment on Ion. I think it almost doubles how long it lasts and can literally melt whatever you're looking at.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

It favors targets that have full-lock-on, but you can still move it around i believe

Thunder Lipps
Feb 12, 2013
So out of all of the starting weapons, I am only not terrible with the CAR. What primary should I unlock next? Should I just stick with sub machine guns?

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Thunder Lipps posted:

So out of all of the starting weapons, I am only not terrible with the CAR. What primary should I unlock next? Should I just stick with sub machine guns?

Every smg is a beast. I think alternator might be the best weapon in the game, but I'm doing crazy good with the r-97.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
How do I make the grappling hook work well? I'm convinced that it's good, and it's just me that's bad at using it. The first game I enjoyed quite a bit, and I'm really digging the sequel. It's a bummer that they had to limit Titan Loadouts but I understand why it had to be done. I miss shooting titan cores a great deal as well.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

So I never used the phase rewind boost, but apparently you can use it while dead and it will bring you back to life :stare:

Gonna have to try that out when I'm home.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Mr.Citrus posted:

So I never used the phase rewind boost, but apparently you can use it while dead and it will bring you back to life :stare:

Gonna have to try that out when I'm home.

Do you have a link? Because you have to activate it, there is a delay to using it when you click your little pda which I can't imagine you can do while dead...

edit: You might mean if you activate phase shift immediately on respawn you can get back to where you died, sort of like rematch burn cards in TF1.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 31, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Does the campaign teach much that's useful for multiplayer or shall I just jump right in

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yes the campaign teaches you all the parkour techniques and let's you try out all the Titans. It's also just really fun in general and not very long so you should play it anyway.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

Do you have a link? Because you have to activate it, there is a delay to using it when you click your little pda which I can't imagine you can do while dead...

I dumb, misinterpreted the post. Apparently when you respawn you can rewind you where you were before death.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It lets you sample all the different titan loadouts but that's pretty much it.

The campaign is actually cool and good though so you should play it regardless and not worry about how you could be dropping titans in mp instead.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of the campaign, it'd be cool if they made a Titan that used the Brute's rocket launcher or the Burst core. Feels weird to not have them represented in multiplayer. I mean obviously the homing rockets are too strong for multiplayer but their primary weapons and cores aren't overpowered really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

RatHat posted:

Speaking of the campaign, it'd be cool if they made a Titan that used the Brute's rocket launcher or the Burst core. Feels weird to not have them represented in multiplayer. I mean obviously the homing rockets are too strong for multiplayer but their primary weapons and cores aren't overpowered really.

I would bet paid DLC for that.