Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
A $4000 computer would be pretty nice because it'd be very, very powerful and able to play the latest games at top settings for a very long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

atomicthumbs posted:

A $4000 computer would be pretty nice because it'd be very, very powerful and able to play the latest games at top settings for a very long time

long time aka 2 years

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mike12345 posted:

long time aka 2 years
depends on cannonlake and hbm gpu progress

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

and your monitor resolution

double ohm seven
Jul 14, 2016
just got the iPhone stebe edition 64gig and it truly is God's Phone. that's my apple story for today, thanks for listening.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

lol when a ndroid phone making hdr "photos" finally look decent enough (better?) when compared to single frame captures from a timbphone is proof of android superiority. apple will go the same way though next year. the fake as gently caress bokeh effect on apple fonepad is just the beginning.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

akadajet posted:

There's no way to reliably unlock my drat iphone anymore. I used to swipe and type in my passcode. Worked every time.

Now I hit the home button an pray that it actually unlocks. Might have to jab at it several times. Might have to enter my passcode after a delay. Sometimes it unlocks while I'm typing in my passcode before I finish. Sometimes it just unlocks. Hate it.

i have this problem too on my iphone seven maybe your iphone is defective like mine

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

infernal machines posted:

they "partnered"* with lg for 5k usb-c thunderbolt displays

*offered to sell an existing product to cover the gaping hole in their linup

its really bad because the new one is fully black like every other shitheap monitor out there. if they'd made it look nice like the  cinema display (i.e. silver colored metal) then that would be cool

i care about this becaues now our office will be tainted by a couple of lame black monitors amongst the sea of beautifule apple monitors

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Pierogi posted:

lol when a ndroid phone making hdr "photos" finally look decent enough (better?) when compared to single frame captures from a timbphone is proof of android superiority. apple will go the same way though next year. the fake as gently caress bokeh effect on apple fonepad is just the beginning.

what

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

cinci zoo sniper posted:

because it's normal thing to care about. people showing companies that it's fine to charge $1.5 for a gigabyte of space are the problem

maybe for your own computer

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wheany posted:

maybe for your own computer
what

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
you can spec out your own computer how you like, but stop telling other people their computer has too much ram or storage or whatever.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wheany posted:

you can spec out your own computer how you like, but stop telling other people their computer has too much ram or storage or whatever.
what i'm saying is that when you happily pay the premiums on everything a popular manufacturer sells, other manufacturers look at that and start selling everything at premium too. that's the entire concern, not whether if you need x or y in your computer. for example, storage space - i dont care how much of it you need/want/have in your laptop; what i do care about is your wallet showing the industry that a 300% markup on storage space is acceptable

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Wheany posted:

it is okay to be concerned about market trends, in a market economy, when these trends could directly affect you

ufarn
May 30, 2009
it's kinda weird they call it "apple tv" in hindsight, since tv shows are only available through itunes to like five countries

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it is okay to be concerned about market trends, in a market economy, when these trends could directly affect you

that's true but the "discussion" was more like nerd dick size contest

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i understand other nerds needing 32gb of ram for weirdo reasons, but i do not so plz don't make fun of my bad purchasing decisions :cry:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you need 32 gigs of ram for all the windows vms you have to run

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
portrait mode on Apple iPhone 7+ is real
mad ownage

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ufarn posted:

it's kinda weird they call it "apple tv" in hindsight, since tv shows are only available through itunes to like five countries

on the otherhand, it's not weird because you plug the box into a fuckin tv

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

uncurable mlady posted:

they removed the startup chime on the new macbooks pros

tim cook, rather than just a goofy + bad ceo, might actually be a sick, twisted man

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i think the chime is annoying.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm sure that if you want the chime back, there will be an appropriate dongle for it

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

ufarn posted:

the five that matter

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
all part of timb's strategy to erase jobs' influence from apple

forever

the ceo bbry deserves

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i think the chime is annoying.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
jony ive has probably lost his mind too tbf

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
jonny ives is a terrible hack and always has been

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

can't wait for vim integration in my new touch bar

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

bone app the teeth posted:

can't wait for vim+emacs integration in my new touch bar

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

"The Touch Bar is considered an extension of the keyboard"

"In general, the Touch Bar shouldn’t include controls for tasks such as find, select all, deselect, copy, cut, paste, undo, redo, new, save, close, print, and quit."

it is an extension of the keyboard but do not use it to extend the keyboard kthx -Apple

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Shifty Pony posted:

"The Touch Bar is considered an extension of the keyboard"

"In general, the Touch Bar shouldn’t include controls for tasks such as find, select all, deselect, copy, cut, paste, undo, redo, new, save, close, print, and quit."

it is an extension of the keyboard but do not use it to extend the keyboard kthx -Apple

those things already exist in the keyboard though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

zen death robot posted:

where's the Vue app for apple tv goddamn it

playstation vue? probably built but unshippable because apple wants 30% of membership fees

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

USSAr posted:

not for long. once the touch bar is available in all flavors of mac, all meta keys will be removed from the keyboard.

that's the day i'll stop using apples, btw

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

USSAr posted:

so do most other commands that will be up there. also apple keyboard shortcuts for cut/copy/paste are unusable

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

USSAr posted:

you could argue that just about every possible thing is already there on the keyboard. the iMessage emoji setup is just replacing command+control+space, etc. if the touchybar isn't there to make frequently used operations more convenient then what the gently caress is the point?

there is no point

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Shifty Pony posted:

you could argue that just about every possible thing is already there on the keyboard. the iMessage emoji setup is just replacing command+control+space, etc. if the touchybar isn't there to make frequently used operations more convenient then what the gently caress is the point?

there is no point

idiots who don't know those key commands.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
the year is 2203 and all meta keys have been outlawed

one cis-male dares to break the rules...

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

double-bucky o'hare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

zen death robot posted:

there's an iOS version

there's an ios verson of amazon video too and it's not available on the atv

I'm hoping I'm wrong because vue seems like a deece option but I don't want to be running my ps4 all day

• Locked thread