Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Weird that we've had so many Geo Forces get made when there are quite a few characters I'd say are more important who've been made once before special powers even got introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yeah but the last Geo-Force was overcosted for his stats due to a potentially cool but ultimately worthless gimmick, this one is just aces for his points. If you haven't already seen it, Scott Porter is doing a case unboxing this week, the JSA continues to be frustratingly strong and weak at the same time except for Wildcat, who is just fantastic in every way.

Tonight's trip report, I took your advice Morand and went with Krang and nine Foot Soldiers with the Robot ATA; could've done more with some spider-bots but I wanted the themed probs.

Round 1 vs Apokalips: 350 Darkseid and three of the colossal stamina Parademons. We both moved up, he hadn't accounted for Krang's stat buffs so I gave him a boost to attack and damage and walloped Darkseid for 5 after Impervious with knockback down a building, so his only counterattack option was to Phase and shoot, which he whiffed. Krang landed another big hit and a solid Blades roll from a Katana robot finished him off. The Parademons were actually a bit harder and managed to KO three foot soldiers before falling.

Round 2 vs Blue Lantern Corps: Sayd with Adara, six recruits. He won map and opted for an open one, landing the first hit on some foot soldiers but not KOing any. Krang went for a big hit on Sayd and he pushed most of his force trying to avoid the hit but it stuck. For his trouble Krang got knocked down to his Plasticity/Poison click, which worked to prevent Sayd from using Adara's running shot to kill Krang, as there was no way he could get where he needed to go without passing adjacent to Krang and stopping completely. I had one foot soldier finish off a recruit as time was called, winning since we'd spent so long on those few opening strikes.

Round 3 vs Soldier hodgepodge featuring General Lane. I took the homefield advantage on the Terrordrome and moved up, he tried to bait me with an Extremist Mercenary but I shut that poo poo down quickly. He managed to tag Krang thanks to Superman Enemy, but with some ultra lights the Chain Kama were able to open a path to Lane and drag him over so that my Bo Staff could pop him in the noggin for a KO. After that we had a lot of back and forth plinking each other but no more meaningful attacks until time was called (Krang was busy slowly eating dudes with Steal Energy but he kept making breakaway after one hit and skeedaddling).

Krang is just impressive, he manages to outclass other figures beyond his point cost and frustrate even as he's dying. The foot soldiers are always a blast and I can't wait for a format where I can use them with Shredder, Bebop, & Rocksteady.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Killer Moth looks neat, and for 65 points, he looks good and accurate. At first look, he doesn't look exciting, but he could be tough to put down at the end of his dial.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Previews and unboxings everywhere today. There's the best loving penguin ever, a ridiculous 140 point killing joke joker, and lots more.

I check the reams thread as people there trawl the net for me

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

This set is so bizarre; it's got some of the best versions of figures like Wildcat and Joker, but then Killer Moth and Plastic Man who are just boring or not terribly useful and huge disappointments for how long we've been waiting for them. The dial design is really spastic, like they put in effort on half of it and then just phoned it in with a bunch of three click dials and called it a new design process. I'm not sure this set even warrants a CUR purchase from me.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sunday is 400 points Halloween Revenge.

"Teams must play a character with the Shape Change power or a White ability that allows them to use the power. No Resources

Shape change rolls will be effective 0n a roll of 4-6 instead of 5-6. I a shape change roll is successful that figure maybe swapped out for another figure of equal or lesser value on the same click number until the opponents next turn.

No shape change figures then build your best Halloween theme team and come anyway."

I made a team. Andy believes they aren't spooky enough but I disagree.

Team 1.
Armaggon
4 ASM Werewolves
3 Sharks

It's Seawolves and Landsharks!

Team 2
Same as Team 1 but has 7 werewolves.

Technically I could do all werewolves but I just got Armaggon and the last time I did just wolves I made it to the final of the event and promptly lost when I did not make a single full moon roll to go werewolf. I need someone who can always do damage.

Morand fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 27, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I pulled and played an Armaggon last night. He is mean. I totally get the hype - he just wiped the floor with opposing characters. Only Mystics damage got him off his top click.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Morand posted:

I made a team. Andy believes they aren't spooky enough but I disagree.
Sharks are not inherently spooky but werewolves are, decreasing werewolves decreases spookiness. I stand by this.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Oh man the unboxing videos and other spoilers were getting to the point where they were changing my opinion on the set but then the Spectre in the latest unboxing set me off again. Man, first time they make the spectre in a non incredibly rare form and it's the spectral observer ghost version. Luckily I still have the Crisis one but man, that is a bummer.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I talked to a judge that said he was given names of next year's WKO con pieces:

- Pizzaface (TMNT)
- Samurai Spider-Gwen

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Speaking of con exclusive:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

That is friggin awesome

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Wow. That existed for maybe 10 panels in that Circle of Four storyline (I think that was the name). Now I want it. Dad-blast it.

I was one of the 6 people who read the Red Hulk series.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I took a year off from Heroclix to give myself a break and stop spending so much money on the game. I wanted to come back with the Joker set release, but...man. This set is looking pretty disappointing so far. :sigh:

Do we know what the next DC set after this one is yet?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Dexie posted:

I took a year off from Heroclix to give myself a break and stop spending so much money on the game. I wanted to come back with the Joker set release, but...man. This set is looking pretty disappointing so far. :sigh:

Do we know what the next DC set after this one is yet?

Next actual factual comic book set is an Elseworld themed 15th anniversary set with an accompanying starter also Elseworlds themed. There's a Wonder Woman small set coming out that is potentially not just based on the movie according to some pre order store thing as well.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Elseworld set? Okay, I'm down for that. Guess I'll hold off on my return until then.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

thebardyspoon posted:

Oh man the unboxing videos and other spoilers were getting to the point where they were changing my opinion on the set but then the Spectre in the latest unboxing set me off again. Man, first time they make the spectre in a non incredibly rare form and it's the spectral observer ghost version. Luckily I still have the Crisis one but man, that is a bummer.

I was afraid they'd do this. Spectral observer? We got that in World's Finest at 25 points. Then they do t again when they probably won't make the Spectre for another three or four years? gently caress that. My foot now belongs in somebody's rear end.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

A friend of mine plans to play in next weekend's WKO event, and wants to test out his team.

I have no intention of playing the constructed tournament, and just want to do battle royales. I do intend to play something tough against his team, whatever it is:

- KC Green Lantern
- KC Hawkman
- OP Prize Symbiote
- 1 heavy object, 2 light objects
Total: 296

My plan will be to TK Hawkman up to the symbiote and equip it right away. However, I have no clue what the current rule regarding KC pieces and object modifiers is.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

My plan will be to TK Hawkman up to the symbiote and equip it right away. However, I have no clue what the current rule regarding KC pieces and object modifiers is.

He'll get the Shape Change and Plasticity, but couldn't get the combat value modifier on rolling a 5-6, because the symbiote isn't a character with the KC team ability. On the plus side, no need to roll means no chance of dropping it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

He'll get the Shape Change and Plasticity, but couldn't get the combat value modifier on rolling a 5-6, because the symbiote isn't a character with the KC team ability. On the plus side, no need to roll means no chance of dropping it.

That's the plan. ;)

Edit: But I meant modifiers from using ultra heavy/heavy/light objects - do KC pieces get the modifier?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

That's the plan. ;)

Edit: But I meant modifiers from using ultra heavy/heavy/light objects - do KC pieces get the modifier?

Yes they do

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Yes they do

Finally found the source: http://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10120&sid=c5af083be75e8dd2166a3dce4dd5c8c8#p23844

quote:

All characters have the innate ability to use an object to make an object attack. Typically only characters able to pick up and hold an object can make the object attack. Since the innate ability to make an attack with the object is an ability the character is using, they would gain whatever modifier the object they were holding would dictate. The ability is granting the modifier, not the object.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hey folks, I apologize if I'm asking in the wrong place or out of line, because I don't play HeroClix. But I would love to get my hands on the original Captain Cold piece, in his original costume, crouching down. From what I understand, those old series aren't even played anymore, which probably explains why I can't find one anywhere, even at my big local gaming stores. It would be nice to get a good '90s-style Wally West Flash to go with it, too.

What happened -- did people just get rid of their old pieces? If anyone has those and would be willing to sell and ship them for cheap, I'd be interested. saxman2 AT hotmail.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hey folks, I apologize if I'm asking in the wrong place or out of line, because I don't play HeroClix. But I would love to get my hands on the original Captain Cold piece, in his original costume, crouching down. From what I understand, those old series aren't even played anymore, which probably explains why I can't find one anywhere, even at my big local gaming stores. It would be nice to get a good '90s-style Wally West Flash to go with it, too.

What happened -- did people just get rid of their old pieces? If anyone has those and would be willing to sell and ship them for cheap, I'd be interested. saxman2 AT hotmail.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Heroclix-Collateral-Damage-Captain-Cold-039-Veteran-NM-/361804623699?hash=item543d3c6f53:g:V9sAAOSwcLxYF4EX

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

We had our Joker's Wild sealed today, I pulled and played:

Johnny Thunder
Riddler
Wildcat
Bronze Tiger

Round 1 vs Shiva, Fate, zip line Robin, Merlyn, Green Arrow, New 52 Harley. He picked an open map and moved up, I chose TK with Johnny and shot Tiger up, he whiffed one attack on Arrow but the second hit. He missed the followup attacks and on my turn Wildcat swept in and wounded Merlyn. Again he failed his counter attacks, and Johnny took Running Shot to zip up and snipe shiva and arrow, while Tiger popped Robin. He finally landed a hit on Tiger, but only for 1 from Robin. Riddler used his Outwit and Clue to shut down Harley's Shape Change and Shiva's defense and Tiger finished them off. By now his team had bunched up so Johnny took Energy Explosion and secured a crit hit on Merlyn, taking out him, Robin, and Arrow. Poor Fate didn't last past his next turn.

Round 2 vs Talon, Owl Assassin, Calculator, C Joker. He chose Blackgate and moved up, I had Wildcat go for a Charge/Quake on the Owls but only hit the Assassin. After that it was a long slog of back and forth between the Owls and my fighting cats, with Johnny providing occasional backup or Poison but often missing his attacks thanks to Calculator. Tiger managed to get Talon down to his regen clicks, but Johnny took a few dings as a result because Talon gets Outwit. The cats finish off Talon with help from Riddler (who spent most of the game doing nothing) while Johnny moved to KO Calculator (Joker fell to Poison earlier).

Round 3 vs Batman, Bane, Deadshot. We were on Prison 42, I moved up the side while Bats and Bane busted down a wall to prep for me to move up. I had Wildcat and Bronze Tiger move up to attempt a strike on Bats, but Tiger missed and crit missed, and Riddler moved up and Clue'd Bane's Charge, basically neutering him for the rest of the game. For everything I tried I just couldn't hit Batman, and his Outsiders/Outwit trait is a pain in the rear end. Eventually he had Bane move forward after Bats knocked both of my cats to last click, but with some ridiculous rolls and his lack of using a Venom pump, I was able to KO him in one turn (a 6 blades and then 5 more from wildcat and Johnny). We went a few more rounds but aside from Batman finally getting Tiger nothing noteworthy happened.

Final verdict: Bronze Tiger and Wildcat are as solid of brawlers as they look on paper, they'll just mess you up. Riddler is pretty ridiculous, especially once I realized the Clue doesn't have to be next to or even within line of fire of Riddler, just within 6 squares of the target; I would place it way off behind walls and in hard to reach corridors where you either had to get past my entire team to get to it or waste a turn doing nothing but going out of your way to move through it. He's stupid good for 50 points for have two ways to counter. Johnny is just plain fun; it's not a guarantee to pick a power and then you have to choose wildly, but with regen and steal energy (and some solid as hell last clicks) he can take risks or do ridiculous things too. That he already has a limited use Perplex and Prob means he can't choose those which also limits exactly what he can opt for, and I appreciate the tactical decisions that have to be made, weighing a better attack power over Willpower or something supportive that leaves him open defensively. I prefer that design to the carte blanche of Jakeem which just seems abusive.

That said, I bought some Turtles boosters and pulled and extra Blobboid that I'd like to turn into Jakeem if possible, as well as one more Joker's Wild booster with Plastic Man, who I really don't like and would like to trade for Penguin or the HAHAHA Joker.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Pre-release trip report:

I had an absolute embarassment of riches, pulling Killing Joke Joker (sketch variant, oh well), prime Looker, R'as Al-Ghul, Black Lightning, Wildcat, and Bronze Tiger. Played Killing Joke Joker, Wildcat, Bronze Tiger, and Comissioner Gordon for 295.

Round 1 was against Morand, who put us on Danny the Street because he thought it'd be funny. It was pretty funny. He played Batman, Man-Bat, and some other stuff, I don't remember, I'm not great at remembering teams. It took us both forever to get positioned because Danny kept on making us dance, but eventually we met up in the center of the street and slugged it out. Wildcat and Bronze Tiger kept people off Joker and did their share of punching, but Joker dominated the game, as he just shot people down mercilessly, one after the other, and the game ended in a quick rout for my guys. Man-Bat has a scary top dial and his sculpt is incredibly impressive, but he's got a naked 17 defense the whole way through, and it turns out in practice that that means he dies easy if he's got to be your primary attacker.

Round 2 was against an incredible swarm. He had Green Lantern, roller derby Harley, Atom, Hawkman, Thanagarian, Amanda Waller, and common Joker. That's 7 out of the 10 pieces he pulled! I shot down Hawkman and Atom before his Joker could get to me and start making enough trouble to give Thanagarian and Waller time to get in, but eventually they did, and eventually I had them handled, but I took major bruises the process, plus GL and Harley had been hanging back the whole time and taking free potshots because my whole team was tied up. When it was down to just them, I'd long since lost Gordon to mastermind damage, Bronze Tiger was on his last click, and Wildcat was on his third. That turn they managed to knock Joker onto his stop click, so I moved Wildcat next to Joker, thinking I'd be safe, only to have my opponent pull a brilliant move, using Lantern's barrier-into-wall trick to separate the two, get his attack perplexed up by Harley, and shoot the now defenseless Joker. They then managed to kill Bronze Tiger, but it gave Wildcat enough time to do what I really should have done way earlier in the game; get someone into their face and take away their tricks. I gambled on a close combat punch with all of it to damage and KO'd Harley, Lantern failed his breakaway roll, and I did the same to him. Wildcat came through in the clutch big time in that game.

Round 3 was against laughing mad Joker at 50 points, Batman, Calculator, and Firefly. I knew there was no way to avoid taking an alpha strike so I did the math on who was most expendable and positioned my team so Bronze Tiger would take the alpha but leave me in a good position for a counter attack. That's exactly what happened. I lost Bronze Tiger but Joker went to work, first shooting down Firefly, then Batman, then Calculator. That left my team against just laughing Joker. It took another 15 minutes to kill him. I lost Gordon early and Wildcat right near the end, but I got the bastard. God, he just does not die. If I hadn't pushed Joker onto a precision strike click it would have taken even longer. He couldn't win that fight -- worst comes to worst, my stop click would have wrecked him -- but oh my god. So annoying. Get ready to tear your hair out when you see him next to a Mastermind piece.

It turns out that, ironically, Comissioner Gordon is Killing Joke Joker's very best friend. -2 to the defense of his targets so I can put all of RCE into damage, and enhancement so that I'm doing 6 damage a shot? Yes, please. And to think I only played him to fill out the points.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

After going 1-2 two weeks in a row (Halloween team fell to some bullshit and pre-release I got outclassed round 1 and outplayed round 3) I was royally tempted to go hard cheese because "I play teams with stuff they don't need" from a guy doing hulk and angrir's hammer but decided gently caress it, I want to play something I've never played before.

I did, "Oh god I'd better not lose map" aka Atlantis.

CW Namor at 110
3 sharks at 30 apiece
Lori Lemaris
Mermaid
Atlantis ATA on all.
2 ID Cards I never used so won't mention.

Basically if I win map, I go to the other side of the house of mystery. If I lose map I pretty much lose the game.

Round 1 versus the Avengers

UXM Beast at 100
SFOSM SR Spider-Man
Thor from a fast force who was worth 100.

I won map and chose the Ocean. I held back and spawned soldiers while the sharks moved up behind some blocking. He moved down. I loved up Lori and my mermaid and had the soldiers block some LOF. He cleared. I spawned more soldiers, moved and based his beast and Thor while the sharks got in position. Thor wasted his ultra on a solider, spidey killed a shark. One shark charged Thor, Crit, and rolled a 6 for a OHKO. A soldier charged spidey and hit for 2. Beast really got his money's worth out of that outwit as he ended up surrounded by soldiers that he'd keep taking away their CCE or charge. Spidey went after Namor and missed. He then also fell to a shark. Beast held out as best as he could against the pogs and broke to KO my mermaid, but the sea sang for her and that knocked him off super outwit. The soldiers surrounded him again and managed to wear him down.

Round 2 versus Spider-Man Family
Spider-Gwen
Cyborg Spider Man on his lower value
Madam Web
Silk
A Thug

This was the closest map roll as we both rolled 7's and I won by one.

Back to the ocean. For the most part it played out the same as before, spider gwen being the one utterly surrounded by dudes. Highlight of the game is me mind controlling his thug, who took a shot on Madam Webb. I hit, he web probs it, hit again and silk probs it, crit hit, and madam web is KO'd because of the crit. I lost 2 sharks and had a moment of panic when my opponent KO'd a mermaid to deliberately put Gwen on her I heal top dial click, and then he made 2 senses rolls but that was it and the third got him. Cyborg was on just senses at that point and the soldiers got him.

Round 3 versus X-Force

Dark Angel at 200
X-23 at 100

I won map and went on the ocean again. I knew I had to hit that Angel pretty hard. I spawned, he moved down. I based dark angel with a mermaid, he oneshot her because of empower and they both took 2. All my sharks came in after that for charged Dark Angel but my dice did not cooperate. I had to burn all my probs but only managed to hit him to regen because of really bad blades rolls. He chose to roll 2 die to heal while x-23 ran away to heal. He rolled a 6 and 1 and healed 4. I cleared. He did too. I hit one shark attack and rolled another 1 on blades. He did a hyper flurry and took out 2 Sharks. X-23 came down and based my soldiers and a shark. I miss 3 rolls of 11 on 17 and 12 on 17. X-23 kills my last shark. Angel hits Namor for 2 after 2 flurries. I throw my dice in my bag and pull out 2 more. This was the right move as 3! Crit hits later x-23 was dead. Angel came in and hit one of his flurries to knock Namor off his spawning clicks but onto empower. I hit leadership, Lori MC'd Angel to move next to my soldiers who did not miss and finally KO'd Angel. Much closer then I thought it would be until I swapped out dice.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I did a release event last night, and ran Ra's Al Ghul and Geo-Force. Ghul is fun, but GF came across as way too expensive, though the free Barrier thing was nice.

In the first round, my opponent dictated the map layout with prime Anarky, and he used him/Batman/Man-Bat/Robin to just corner my team. GF bit it, but Ghul never took a click of damage. I managed to KO Robin easily, and almost got Man-Bat, but MB's steal energy kept him alive. This was actually close, but my opponent getting GF's points made it look one-sided.

In the second round, I found myself getting out-actioned by a 6-man team that was mostly JSA pieces. GF bit the dust again, getting triple-teamed by Bronze Tiger, Wildcat, and Technocrat. Ghul retreated to the Lazarus Pit, and hung on, but there were just too many enemies for him to dodge.

Ghul is a ton of fun, but I felt like I had to defend the Lazarus Pit marker. I had much better luck running a team in the pre-release of Hawkman, Hawkman, Batman, Technocrat, and JSA Green Arrow. That team went 2-1, and just had so many options.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I haven't gotten to play in a while. Do the super cheap JSA pieces seem as broken as I initially thought they'd be?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I think the cheap JSAers will do very well. Once I get all of them I fully intend to run them and see how it goes. People underestimate the power of a good swarm. With Dr. Fate, they can do good damage.

So I got a pass from my wife to play on a Thursday so I went for it. It was 600 points "Don't overthink it". Which was basically just 600 unrestricted.

I just built more into the Atlantis team I ran Sunday.

Namor
3 Sharks
Lori Lemaris
2 Mermaids
FI Attuma
TW Aquaman at his lower value
3 TW Atlantean Genrics

Another game of "Oh god don't lose map roll"

Only 2 other guys showed so I only got 2 games in.

Round 1 versus Illuminati

AOU Black Panther
CW Namor
IIM Iron Man - 150
AVX Professor X
Blue Battery with Blue Ring and 6 constructs (Nurse, Sniper, Decoy, Wall, Crossbow and I forget)

I pretty easily won map and tossed us in the ocean stopping one of his favorite tricks of using the wall to basically make black panther untargetable.

Very slow game as I had to contend with high defenses with all his perplex and a bunch of defensive powers all stacked. I pushed Aquaman to click 2 ASAP and kept countering Namor from across the map. He moved Iron Man, 2 soldiers he did spawn and prof x into the middle of the map to maximize Professor X'S power action denial since he got the sniper. I had attuma move to within 6 and based his dudes with mermaids. IM proceeded to fail every single break away the rest of the game from that mermaid. Sharks did DPA charges and hit Black Panther to click 5 where he then never missed a senses or shape change roll again. As time ran out though the sharks nailed Iron Man for a KO and I won with no points lost.

Round 2 versus Sinister Sindicate

OP Kit Venom
FF Kingpin
ASM Not your taxi Octavious Vulture
Like every Mysterio ever made except the new one.
FF Doc Ock
Overdrive
Sinister 12 ATA on all

I barely won map roll and then my dice lit on fire. I missed nothing and crit 3 times. He got a mermaid just to try to score points but that was it. Not much to report when the dice heat up like that.

Even without the ATA Atlantis is super fun, provided you never lose map roll. Once that happens it's bad times for all.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I played a standard 300-point two-booster sealed draft for Joker's Wild last night, and ended up with:

- Grace
- Black Lightning
- Katana
= 275 Total

Round 1 on Ace Street: Versus 2 commons Harleys, 2 common Jokers, and Ra's
This came down to the wire. The opponent was one of the best local players, and this is the best I've ever done against him. In the end, Ra's punched out Katana to win it. I held back from pushing Katana to death to see if I could kill Ra's, hoping Ghul's attack would miss. I rolled to see if I would've hit - and rolled a crit hit. Oh well.

Round 2 on Ace Chemical: Versus Plastic Man, Court Initiate, Sandman, Green Arrow, Merlyn, Red Hood
I immediately ran Grace over to hit Merlyn with a heavy, and followed up with BL's incap special. Merlyn was gone right away, and Red Hood was done soon after. I took this one without losing anyone, though my opponent's toughest KO was actually Sandman.

Round 3 on Ace Street: Versus 059 Joker, Hawkman, Technocrat, common Robin
Technocrat managed to KO Black Lightning right away, and it looked like it was going to be a short game. However, Grace's free run and attack against the highest-point opposing character let her wallop Joker, who just masterminded it elsewhere. That whittled his team down fairly quickly. I kept Katana hidden, and just ran around wherever I could. The slash marker ended up downing Technocrat, though Joker was able to eventually put Grace away. It came down to a battle of positioning and rolls with Katana holding out against Joker and Robin. I didn't make my rolls, but my opponent did.

Oh well. I went 1-2, but I feel like I did really well each round. No prize, but I did get a map. The joker's gas thing looks meh anyway.

Steve Vader posted:

I haven't gotten to play in a while. Do the super cheap JSA pieces seem as broken as I initially thought they'd be?

They're all really fun and useful, and play well above their low costs.

It's ridiculous when you compare, say, Hawkman to the Thanagarian. Same cost, but Hawkman is head and shoulders better. It just seems like confirmation that there's no point formula.

Edit: I pulled a Jakeem Thunder when I bought a few boosters after the event. I plan to trade it for... maybe a KC Shazam? I just don't know or really care about the character.

Red fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 18, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Question, just looking at making teams based on dumb similarities: who are some people that spin? I'm not talking like wind people like the Red Tornados, but characters whose primary power is being really good at spinning. So far I've got Whirlwind, The Top, Riptide, and the Tornado Twins (technically speedsters but they spun to hide that from the populace of the future where speedsters were outlawed), am I missing any? The three villains make 230 and I think it'd be cool to get one more for a 300 point team.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I know you're doing villains, but Wonder Woman spins quite famously.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

Question, just looking at making teams based on dumb similarities: who are some people that spin? I'm not talking like wind people like the Red Tornados, but characters whose primary power is being really good at spinning. So far I've got Whirlwind, The Top, Riptide, and the Tornado Twins (technically speedsters but they spun to hide that from the populace of the future where speedsters were outlawed), am I missing any? The three villains make 230 and I think it'd be cool to get one more for a 300 point team.

Count Nefaria took and amplified Whirlwind's powers, but I have no idea if he actually ever spins. Does he?

Edit: Guess not. :smith:

Red fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 3, 2016

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

That's something of an exotic one, but Thorn from the Flash set is known for spinning at super speed and is 60 points. The only other one that I can even think of is the rare Ken from the Street Fighter set, as he's doing the Hurricane Kick.

Or take Calculator from Arkham Asylum. I'm sure he can spin like crazy in that office chair!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

We have a "Bring your meanest team at 300 modern" thing this week.

I've promised away my Jakeem Thunder, but I want to play him at least once:

- Jakeem @140
- Balls of Fury @120
- BvS Perry White @40
=300

I'm also considering:

- Anarky @75
- Mr. Mxy-whatever @70
- CWOP Common Cap @80
- WF Tin @50
- WF Mercury @25
=300

The second team feels more fun, and a bit more sporting. The perplex and TK from the Metal guys should give the team a lot of help, and Anarky's bombs should help me control the map. My only concern is that there are too many team members to get hit by their teammate's own bombs.

Thoughts?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Man if you're doing Nick, I'd do him as an ID call in. Give Jakeem an entity and he's basically Super Skrull 2.0. Give him Pandora's box for sloth healing and he's super difficult to KO. If you can also get a CR sin on as well? 21D versus anything. Impervious from the entity, and whatever other 2 powers he can pick.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Man if you're doing Nick, I'd do him as an ID call in. Give Jakeem an entity and he's basically Super Skrull 2.0. Give him Pandora's box for sloth healing and he's super difficult to KO. If you can also get a CR sin on as well? 21D versus anything. Impervious from the entity, and whatever other 2 powers he can pick.

Hm. I don't have any modern possessors that would work with Jakeem, nor do I have the Box. :(

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So Sunday we have the best event. It's called "The Dealmaker"

500pts. "THE DEAL" Word around here says you need a few more points but you're limited by the rule, I can help you get pass that rule. For every point I loan you up to a max of 25 extra points, you owe me twice that back and at the end of every round I come and collect. So what do say, do we have a deal?

What would you guys run? Right now I am looking at a 505 point JSA team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Morand posted:

So Sunday we have the best event. It's called "The Dealmaker"

500pts. "THE DEAL" Word around here says you need a few more points but you're limited by the rule, I can help you get pass that rule. For every point I loan you up to a max of 25 extra points, you owe me twice that back and at the end of every round I come and collect. So what do say, do we have a deal?

What would you guys run? Right now I am looking at a 505 point JSA team

Who do you owe? The house? Your opponent? In what form do you owe?

• Locked thread