Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

americong
May 29, 2013

i sometimes feel nauseous after smoking but that might have something to do with eating $15 of taco bell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I've vomited before but it had to do with combining with drinks or smoking massive blunts in quick succession(ie inhalation of too much tobacco)

I guess if you have an extended coughing fit you could vomit the contents of your stomach. Fwiw

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Hardawn posted:

I guess if you have an extended coughing fit you could vomit the contents of your stomach. Fwiw

huge dabs after a meal arent normally a fun time

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I had a friend that drank like 2 blue powerades and a giant snickers bar before we tokes one time, right after we finished he puked up blue poo poo everywhere, it was great.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah but that's not "I smoked a weed and it made me throw up" it's "I had a massive hacking coughing fit and the repeated violent spasming of my diaphragm made me throw up"

Weed can give you all kinds of imaginary health problems if you can't handle your poo poo :smug:

a bone to pick posted:

I had a friend that drank like 2 blue powerades and a giant snickers bar before we tokes one time, right after we finished he puked up blue poo poo everywhere, it was great.

that amount of sugar would make me sick as hell weed or no

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i smoked a free sample of some poo poo from SA-mart that turned out to be synth cannabinoids back in the day and then I spent like 20 minutes trying to take my pulse because I thought it would inform my decision as to whether i was dying or not

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Synthetic weed loving blows, and you're most likely just smoking a random plant with some nasty poo poo sprayed on it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I have definitely thrown the gently caress up on too many edibles and it's the worst feeling in the world.

I ate waaaayyy too many hits of acid at a Ween show a couple weeks back and that was overwhelming as hell, but I still managed to have the time of my life. Way too many edibles is bad loving news.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I made my own tincture for a while and progressed from one drop / a couple drops to just taking big swigs whenever I went near the fridge.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Mozi posted:

I made my own tincture for a while and progressed from one drop / a couple drops to just taking big swigs whenever I went near the fridge.

ahahaha classic Mozi

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Then I was really stupid for days on end and stopped doing it generally.

*hold for applause*

EcoBlue
Jan 1, 2008
How'd you make that?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Never understood the point of going any more fancy than firecrackers when it comes to edibles. Unless you just like baking, of course.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'm going to make some firecrackers when I get home, gunna get some extra oily / fatty all-natural peanut butter.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

a bone to pick posted:

I think I'm going to make some firecrackers when I get home, gunna get some extra oily / fatty all-natural peanut butter.

Nutella works just as well, tastes better imo, and doesn't make nearly as much of a mess

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Are you just powderizing the herbs or are you okay with chewing stemmy \ hard parts in a firecracker? I may have to try this out tonight.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Bill NYSE posted:

Are you just powderizing the herbs or are you okay with chewing stemmy \ hard parts in a firecracker? I may have to try this out tonight.

I would definitely not put any stem on a firecracker, I just use whatever keif I have.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

EcoBlue posted:

How'd you make that?

I have a Magical Butter machine and you just dump a Bacardi 151 or Everclear in there with a couple zips and let it do its thing.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Bill NYSE posted:

Decarbox the weed first -- if u dunno, this means take nug(s), wrap it in tin foil and bake at 250F for 15 mins. This is not hot enough to vape the THC, but creates some kind of chemical change in it that makes it more soluble.
It also makes the weed dry and fragile which is nice because you want to grind it up very fine.
Then just make nutella cracker sandwiches with the weed in them, I like to mix up the weed and nutella in a shotglass before spreading, other people like to spread the butter first, then sprinkle the weed on it.
Wrap in tinfoil and bake for 20-25 mins at 300 or 325, I usually do 300 but I think lately I've been doing 325 by accident and it was fine. Googling you see an even wider range, I don't think it matters much as long as you are above 300 but not hot enough to burn the weed

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

for my recent decarb i did 240 F for 40 min, which was the product of much research, and to be used in my vape juice.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I dunno what this is but it's beautifully purple (pictures don't really do it justice) and it smells amazing and I can't loving wait to smoke it (standby for trip report):

e: ew I dunno why the lighting made my desk look like it belongs to a lifelong indoor cigarette smoker =/

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 1, 2016

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

AugmentedVision posted:

Decarbox the weed first -- if u dunno, this means take nug(s), wrap it in tin foil and bake at 250F for 15 mins. This is not hot enough to vape the THC, but creates some kind of chemical change in it that makes it more soluble.
It also makes the weed dry and fragile which is nice because you want to grind it up very fine.
Then just make nutella cracker sandwiches with the weed in them, I like to mix up the weed and nutella in a shotglass before spreading, other people like to spread the butter first, then sprinkle the weed on it.
Wrap in tinfoil and bake for 20-25 mins at 300 or 325, I usually do 300 but I think lately I've been doing 325 by accident and it was fine. Googling you see an even wider range, I don't think it matters much as long as you are above 300 but not hot enough to burn the weed
Thanks! This is really good and cool.
Do you tend to be more conservative when applying the layer of green or will this wreck my inventory?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Bill NYSE posted:

Thanks! This is really good and cool.
Do you tend to be more conservative when applying the layer of green or will this wreck my inventory?

I'm not sure what you're asking

e: here's pics of me doing it

http://imgur.com/a/DaLG3

AugmentedVision fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 1, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i remember the first time i ever smoked weed. it was the summer of my junior year of hs and i was at a local music festival w my friends. we waited until it got dark then gathered at a random show that happened to be steve winwood. i remember him and thinking "Isnt weed supposed to make music sound good ??"

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
sounds better than my first time. Was 13, smoked out of an empty Coors can behind some delinquent kid's apartment, then tried some skoal for the first time and immediately regretted my life decisions that day

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
skoal owns sounds fun to me

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

sounds better than my first time. Was 13, smoked out of an empty Coors can behind some delinquent kid's apartment, then tried some skoal for the first time and immediately regretted my life decisions that day

:patriot:

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I didn't retch thankfully, just found the taste nastier than a fat greasy girl's buttho'
Then a bunch of us kids crowded around a TV and played the poo poo out of SF2 on Super Nintendo. 1992 was pretty :krad: now that I look back on it

Anyways, just did a weed. Whaadup?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the trick to doing dip is to not taste it at all costs

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

i remember the first time i ever smoked weed. it was the summer of my junior year of hs and i was at a local music festival w my friends. we waited until it got dark then gathered at a random show that happened to be steve winwood. i remember him and thinking "Isnt weed supposed to make music sound good ??"

Oh man I'm so sorry jeez. :glomp:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

thathonkey posted:

the trick to doing dip is to not taste it at all costs

One of the many reasons I enjoy snus (aside from the whole "much safer than dip" thing) is the fact that you can actually enjoy the taste and it doesn't mean you've accidentally swallowed a bunch of tobacco juice and are about to hurl

I still can't drink Peach Snapple due to a Peach Skoal mishap freshman year of college :(

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

AugmentedVision posted:

This is it. I'm going to the moon.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My first time smoking was pretty poo poo, I was a junior in high school, dating a horrible girl, and I got super paranoid for an hour then fell asleep at a friend's house.

Once I hit senior year and stopped being such a tightass, I had a much better time. I basically had 1 friend that I smoked with, and we had all kinds of fun adventures. Even the relatively boring stuff holds really great memories for me; I was such an angsty lonely gently caress in high school that weed really made a giant positive impact on my life. The first 3 years of high school were super lovely for me, but senior year was good enough to make up for those crap years, and it was thanks mostly to :420:, one great friend and a bunch of punk rock.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AugmentedVision posted:

wait do you really only need like .5g of bud to make a personal edible in under an hour? Would peanut/almond butter work as well as nutella? Does it give you the full edible effect, i.e. a nice mellow high over several hours?

The amount of :aaaaa: I'm experiencing right now is ridiculous, I've never made my own edibles because making butter/oil stinks up the joint and we're still in a 2-family house :(

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Kelp Me! posted:

wait do you really only need like .5g of bud to make a personal edible in under an hour? Would peanut/almond butter work as well as nutella? Does it give you the full edible effect, i.e. a nice mellow high over several hours?

The amount of :aaaaa: I'm experiencing right now is ridiculous, I've never made my own edibles because making butter/oil stinks up the joint and we're still in a 2-family house :(

Yes you are chill for 6 hours its a normal edible. IDK about almond butter, I know natural PB (doesn't necessarily have to be the oily stuff, lots of natural PB is normal looking and spreading) and Nutella work (store brand Nutella too). You need something that doesn't say "hydrogenated" in the ingredients.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Problem: I'm getting high all the time and am not getting any work done.

Solution: ???

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oberleutnant posted:

Problem: I'm getting high all the time and am not getting any work done.

Solution: ???

stop blaming getting high for being lazy :v:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
So im going for my newly legal weed card(am aussie).

I legitimately have a tic disorder that is significantly helped by smoking dope. Should I go completely clean for two weeks before seeing my doctor? I figure doc will see my tics and twitches as bad as they get. Also it'll present myself as being in control of my weed usage to my doctor.

I'll say truthfully that I am already self medicating and would like to go legit.

Thoughts ?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Jestery posted:

So im going for my newly legal weed card(am aussie).

I legitimately have a tic disorder that is significantly helped by smoking dope. Should I go completely clean for two weeks before seeing my doctor? I figure doc will see my tics and twitches as bad as they get. Also it'll present myself as being in control of my weed usage to my doctor.

I'll say truthfully that I am already self medicating and would like to go legit.

Thoughts ?

no, tell doctor how much you are smoking and how it is helping. you shouldnt have to "prove" gently caress all to your doctor - he's there to listen to you and help

you might have to shop around until you find a doctor who is willing to prescribe it. there are plenty of guides online on how to talk to your doctor, but if he's anti-weed I doubt any mere mortal patient will change his mind

I'd imagine australian entrepreneurs will be setting up online services to connect you to a compassionate doc via telemedecine.

you shouldn't have to beg for or apologize for using medicine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Fair point, this is the same doctor who treated my tics through high school. I hope he is sympathetic.

Thanks man i appreciate the input