Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
ty for the emptyquote i have seized that joke from its previous owner and claimed it for my own, as i am entitled as a proud member of the neofeudal postapocalypse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
anyone wants to argue they better get through my fortified posting bunker and face this *pulls tac-modded ar15*

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Matt is wrong, both Totino's and Tostitos are brands

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I think Will was inadvertently portmanteauing them into Tostino's.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer indeed

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

How the gently caress did I scroll past that

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/10/the-reassuring-lies-of-sept-cinema

New Felix article about 9/11 movies. It's real good!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I usually skip over the full-length songs in the intermissions and the end of the podcast, but I can't get enough of the Chopped N Screwed Monster Mash at the end of this episode.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

It's real good but

quote:

(“national security” being perhaps the most made-up academic discipline besides “economics”).

I just wanted to be able to understand Das Kapital, why you gotta slam Econ like that Felix:smith:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The cards that got drawn for the Hillary presidency were too good.

SunAndSpring posted:

I just wanted to be able to understand Das Kapital, why you gotta slam Econ like that Felix:smith:

Economics is bad.

Political economy is very, very good.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

The cards that got drawn for the Hillary presidency were too good.

Economics is bad.

Political economy is very, very good.

Actually, Economics is good. Economists are bad.

SunAndSpring posted:

Although, if you want to thorough your understanding of Das Kapital, Economics isn't the first discipline to look

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Cool story: I went to high school with today's guest

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Sorry about your West Point experience

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Hillary putting Bashar the Lion in a headlock, the future looks bright. Freedom is coming your way Syria.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Actually, Economics is good. Economists are bad.

Although, if you want to thorough your understanding of Das Kapital, Economics isn't the first discipline to look

I think I actually got semi-decent professors when I got my degree in Econ. Only got 1 hardcore Libertarian, the rest of my Econ profs were really into Bernie Sanders.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I think I actually got semi-decent professors when I got my degree in Econ. Only got 1 hardcore Libertarian, the rest of my Econ profs were really into Bernie Sanders.
Good to hear! That was put lovingly and self-depricatingly (I'm doing my grad work in Econ now).

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

This year rules

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/793207184922411009?s=09

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Jackie D posted:

Sorry about your West Point experience

They offered her money to go to west point sounds a lot like Herman Cain's claim. West Point doesn't give scholarships. There's no tuition. Maybe that sounds like a scholarship to a high school student, but it's not how it works.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Ron Jeremy posted:

They offered her money to go to west point sounds a lot like Herman Cain's claim. West Point doesn't give scholarships. There's no tuition. Maybe that sounds like a scholarship to a high school student, but it's not how it works.

That was Carson. How can you forget Ben Carson?? Especially when there are only like 4 black Republicans to remember.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Let's see, there's the Pizza one, the Pyramids grain silo one, the military guy with the flat top who got kicked out of the army for torturing a guy...blanking on the fourth...Condoleeza?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

get that OUT of my face posted:

I usually skip over the full-length songs in the intermissions and the end of the podcast, but I can't get enough of the Chopped N Screwed Monster Mash at the end of this episode.

http://youtu.be/DF3MJF40LYc

In case anyone else is looking

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bryter posted:

That was Carson. How can you forget Ben Carson?? Especially when there are only like 4 black Republicans to remember.

Oops. They all look alike. Herman Cain just captivated me with that smile

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

uber_stoat posted:

Let's see, there's the Pizza one, the Pyramids grain silo one, the military guy with the flat top who got kicked out of the army for torturing a guy...blanking on the fourth...Condoleeza?

Forgot about Condi. And Powell, come to think of it. I had Michael Steele in mind for some reason, probably that winning smile

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
ah, forgot about Steele. vanquished by Tim and Eric character Reince Priebus.

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012

Bryter posted:

Forgot about Condi. And Powell, come to think of it. I had Michael Steele in mind for some reason, probably that winning smile

Is Powell even a Republican anymore?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Misandry Cannon posted:

Is Powell even a Republican anymore?

He's endorsed both Obama and now Clinton. I don't think he's handed over his party card yet though.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Turns out you all do, in fact, love Hamilton, and are only pretending not to in order to be an ""edgy" hipster goon". It's like how everyone is born Muslim.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Excuse me, I'm completely indifferent to Hamilton.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bryter posted:

Turns out you all do, in fact, love Hamilton, and are only pretending not to in order to be an ""edgy" hipster goon". It's like how everyone is born Muslim.

teh fraeking hampster dance :iamafag:

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
If anyone's going to the election night party, I'd like to buy one of the shirts that they'll be selling there. PM me!

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm seriously tempted to drive up there from Philly next week after work, but ughhhhh. Also would not mind shelling out for a shirt if someone wants to get one for me.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/BaltimoreMatt/status/793667023981146112

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
honestly the most offensive thing in that article was the guy's little parenthetical brag that he's an "irish rock musician"

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

My son went to town and bayonetted three Britons, pretty proud parent here!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Good to see that Colby is breaking out of his shell.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
love that nonverbal boy

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Chapo continues to warp reality around them

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hayesbrown/lindsay-lohan-world-is-bigger-than-five?utm_term=.moXaMemwLN#.dc6RpbMXZB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I greatly enjoyed Lindsay's hot twitter takes during the Brexit vote. Very informative. And now it turns out she may be an asset of Turkish intelligence? Lindsay, you've come a long way since Herbie Fully Loaded.

hey, they have a twitter/website. need to step up their game, sub-one thousand followers.

https://twitter.com/BiggerThanFive/status/780478402746867714

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 3, 2016