Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Just saw this on imgur

A good use of an airplane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Finger Prince posted:

Just saw this on imgur

I'm more a fan of dropping a ton of bombs + your bomber on the enemy airship

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Finger Prince posted:

Just saw this on imgur

I am going to do this next time I see friendly snipers on that

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

Just saw this on imgur

Does that make it impossible for snipers to get up to that spot? Now I know what I'm doing every time on that map.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing using a tank.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

I uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4if3KEWKYA

I think I am done cutting up war films Edward. Happenings of rank, utter madness fall upon me each night in torrents. I have come down with fever dreams, and trenchwrist. Between each dream I am awakened into a recurring nightmare where I am paralysed, unable to move, save for the flitting of my eye between a carousel of demented pygmyies, a report on my squad's performance, a troubling report on my personal performance, and a ghastly roster of the dead. It is loving horrible

Subscribed. Edward called me up on the rotary phone the other day and said you should soldier on with the vids.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

So are Operations the main mode people play?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I've been playing mostly rush (though they need to up the player count a bit) and a little bit of conquest because operations needs some balance tweaking.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Tenacious J posted:

No, Conquest still reigns supreme.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ravinghobo posted:

I try not to, but sometimes I can't resist just going prone after spawning on a sniper squadmate that won't evict his favorite super 1337 spot and just dumping a few long bursts of mg fire into a clump of enemies off in the distance, maybe lighting up a tank that's sort of looking in the sniper's direction, dropping an ammo case and running away.
Sometimes it's hilarious the amount of hatred you can draw towards the spot if you're annoying with a salvo of mortars plopped randomly in a flag being capped that's full of enemies.

My hatred for snipers knows no bounds and I turn into a seventh grader when thinking of ways to mess with the ones that don't contribute.

Hey.

gently caress you.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Tenacious J posted:

It is for me.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Operations is simply amazing. But I play conquest. Operations is a big mental and time inversion.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
All five medals done and I don't even get a battle pack. Cheap Dice, super cheap.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ravinghobo posted:

I try not to, but sometimes I can't resist just going prone after spawning on a sniper squadmate that won't evict his favorite super 1337 spot and just dumping a few long bursts of mg fire into a clump of enemies off in the distance, maybe lighting up a tank that's sort of looking in the sniper's direction, dropping an ammo case and running away.
Sometimes it's hilarious the amount of hatred you can draw towards the spot if you're annoying with a salvo of mortars plopped randomly in a flag being capped that's full of enemies.

My hatred for snipers knows no bounds and I turn into a seventh grader when thinking of ways to mess with the ones that don't contribute.

DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS? :allears:

My medal tracking screen hasn't changed since the week after release, is it because I've been in game sessions when the change is supposed to happen?

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

So satisfying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6h1mkfJcU0

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Add me on xbox if you want to get weird: ShartMcManus

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
I don't care what anyone says, the autoloading 8 factory and taschenpistole m1914 is the best combo.

Also, add me on psn.

xXgamer420babeXx

I have morphine and bandaids.

chaymie fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Oct 31, 2016

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh yeah, somebody add me to that psn group. My psn name is: bdb1001

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I know there are codexes and field manuals in the campaign. Anyone know if there are dog tags, too?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Was it ever possible to see the list of gamertags whose dogtags you've taken in previous battlefield games or am I making poo poo up?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Yes, that was part of https://bf4stats.com.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
I think its absolutely amazing that I've lost several games of Iron Walls on defense because pubbies in my squad are too stupid to figure out why I keep marking the B bunkers as the squad objective, throwing incendiary grenades at the entrances, and requesting ammo.

Literally all you need to do is lose the church, lose the next wave, and go to B to spam incendiary grenades, health packs, and ammo packs.

One squad of three medics and two support can easily wipe out all the offense's battalions, never have to deal with tanks or the behemoth, and basically exploit Operations for maximum war bucks for everyone, but at least 2/5ths of every squad is sniping from behind the spawn point, and the rest just get wrecked.

If all 32 players had a bunker party, it'd be super cool and fun, but whatever.

Edit: never mind. I figured out where to hide and win the entire operation from a corner.

I'll post a video because it makes Operation Locker look like The Thin Red Line.

chaymie fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 31, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Patch Wishlist:
    Buff spotting, I have to mash it 5 times just to spot a tank.

Remove interior repairs for ground vehicles.

Editable class load-outs outside of round.

Firing range.

Give Support and/or Scout tnt. This may be able to override the "vehicles can't internally repair" complaint.

AA can just chew through aircraft, maybe drop the damage a bit.

Kill all wookies.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sex Prospector posted:

I think its absolutely amazing that I've lost several games of Iron Walls on defense because pubbies in my squad are too stupid to figure out why I keep marking the B bunkers as the squad objective, throwing incendiary grenades at the entrances, and requesting ammo.

Literally all you need to do is lose the church, lose the next wave, and go to B to spam incendiary grenades, health packs, and ammo packs.

One squad of three medics and two support can easily wipe out all the offense's battalions, never have to deal with tanks or the behemoth, and basically exploit Operations for maximum war bucks for everyone, but at least 2/5ths of every squad is sniping from behind the spawn point, and the rest just get wrecked.

If all 32 players had a bunker party, it'd be super cool and fun, but whatever.

Maybe it's because bunker party is neither cool nor fun for either side.

Effective and fun are not always the same.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ah man, I wish it was still a feature :(

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

oh man the 1907 sweeper for medics is the poo poo, favorite gun in the game so far. really makes the class great at close - medium range with that automatic, and the clip is large enough to take 3 enemies at a time.

Now how exactly do you get battlepacks? Is it just random?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

10 Beers posted:

I know there are codexes and field manuals in the campaign. Anyone know if there are dog tags, too?

There are not.

Also, the campaign codexes are glitching for me. On the campaign screen it shows that I've got 100% of everything, and I should have 6 weapon skins in MP, but in the codex page some of them are marked as unfound. So, no skins for me. But I guess that'all get picked up quickly in a patch, they already fixed the rank trophies not popping.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

RCarr posted:

Was it ever possible to see the list of gamertags whose dogtags you've taken in previous battlefield games or am I making poo poo up?

Yes. I created a very popular feature around that data during BC2/BF3, ranking goons by how many unique goons they had tactically hugged. CJ "Hey, buddy!" Seedge was the undisputed king of that leaderboard. Then in BF4 it was really incomplete and unreliable. Dominik "1ApRiL" Herbst's P-Stats Network have not yet launched their bf1stats.com site, but I'll have a close eye on their API page. No promises, but I still have all the code to battlefieldgoons.com in an AWS AMI.

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008
Why can't I whistle now? :ohdear: How can I make my guy whistle?

WHY CAN'T WHISTLE ALL THE TIME

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

Patch Wishlist:

Firing range.

Give Support and/or Scout tnt. This may be able to override the "vehicles can't internally repair" complaint.

Kill all wookies.

Good list imo. But if you remove internal repair then I think you need to bring back gradual regen over time.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Beastie posted:

Patch Wishlist:

Firing range.

Kill all wookies.

Sure, absolutely not, yes, dunno what that is, no because then no one would play assault, eh I think it's okay since they're made out of pinewood and canvas in the first place, and wholeheartedly yes.

Kringy posted:

Why can't I whistle now? :ohdear: How can I make my guy whistle?

WHY CAN'T WHISTLE ALL THE TIME

You have to be squad leader.

Brickbeard
Apr 23, 2011
I love how absolutely brutal it is to bayonet charge a fool. Been playing all weekend and it's still not gotten old.

I wanna team up with some goons and mic up , could someone add me to the community? Psn is beardofbricks.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
AA isn't too bad it just requires you don't fly in a straight line which most pub pilots tend to do. The initial shock of AA is the worst but you just have to evasive manuveur and get as far away as possible as quick as possible.

I always fly the assault plane because it's the best. Once safely away I get as high as possible and then fly over the AA for a dive bomb attack with the small timed bombs.

Speaking of, the assault plane is dope as hell. I've been racking up kills precision bombing infantry and it's maneuverable and powerful enough to take on any of the other planes as well. I can usually last an entire match in 1 assault plane, it's the best way to take out enemy wookies who think they are safe on top of some mountain in their base.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Beastie posted:

Patch Wishlist:

Firing range.

Kill all wookies.

Most of those make sense, the remove repair idea is a bad one though, considering how vulnerable vehicles are in this one, not to mention how rare they are(I'm thinking they should change the spawn rate to be instead of just 1-3 in a category, it should be 1-2 for each variety, so 2 light tanks, 2 heavy tanks, 2 artillery trucks, and 2 landships for example on the bigger maps, especially in Operations)

Also the special classes should just become normal classes, maybe with a slight nerf in exchange, cause I've only gotten the flamethrower kit like 4 times, sentry kit like twice, and have yet to get the tank hunter kit, or at least make it work more like how the special classes in Star Wars Battlefront 2 back in the day worked, where they were locked for each person till you got a set amount of kills and then they become free to use, current system has them as too rare to really have a noticeable effect on how a battle goes

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Special classes should work like modern Battlefront were you can select the class you want. It's so rare to stumble upon a special class that is appropriate for the situation as it is right now.

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008

Brickbeard posted:

I love how absolutely brutal it is to bayonet charge a fool. Been playing all weekend and it's still not gotten old.

I wanna team up with some goons and mic up , could someone add me to the community? Psn is beardofbricks.

I saw a dude bayonet charge through an incendiary grenade.

Screaming flaming soldier skewering a dude in the chest. It was pretty bad rear end.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Beastie posted:

Patch Wishlist:

Firing range.

Kill all wookies.

I kind of like internal repair, it forces tanklords to leave the 'hot' areas to repair, but on the other hand it's way harder to steal a tank. They need to make the limpet do way more damage, and buff the repair tool for destroying enemy vehicles. Basically make support way more dangerous.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Scout medal is some funny stuff. My own experience was this...

BEGIN WEEK. 7 DAYS ON CLOCK
1) Complete two trivial bullshit tasks, takes like 20 minutes each.
2) Need to kill 3 vehicles with K bullets. Basically become a vulture and prey on any flaming/disabled vehicle in sight. Took like 6 days. May the God of Chance watch over you.
3) Need 10 headshots with Scout rifle. Happened twice by chance, the other eight were deliberate headshots of people I found prone and unaware of me. Took most of the final day.
4) Get 5 kills in a life as Scout. Took about 40 seconds, happened in the same life as completion of the previous task :grin:
MEDAL COMPLETE: 30 MINUTES LEFT ON CLOCK

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 31, 2016

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Sex Prospector posted:

I saw a dude bayonet charge through an incendiary grenade.

Screaming flaming soldier skewering a dude in the chest. It was pretty bad rear end.

It's also fun to revive a soldier that's still on fire :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
I would like for the sprint button to work in crouch mode. I've gotten into trouble a lot of times because I have to stand up first.