Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/JonMHamm/status/793180024543121408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

What a reasonable man

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I was just looking at the Lakers schedule, and they don't visit an Eastern Conference team after February 10th, which is a full week before the all-star break. They also have a super home heavy end of the season, so they will probably be able to rack up a decent amount of those post-allstar garbage wins during that stretch

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Dejan Bimble posted:

21m a year for Victor Oladipo
That cat-like guy who misses layups?
What a world

If that's the "Should be good but isn't that good" sg price, I'm afraid KCP will be like 93m/4

KCP is getting very near the max in RFA if he actually seeks out an offer sheet. Might well be that Detroit has a handshake deal to pay him in RFA like they did with Drummond, but playing chicken with Brooklyn and Philadelphia has already cost the Spurs/Clippers/Blazers.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Jesus, that's a lot of money for a player like Oladipo.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

How can you even pretend to be excited about that

Evan Turner deal looking bett.... ugh gently caress this I can't even do it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That's about 12.5 million annual if you convert it to what people are used to.

Which is still eh but OKC is either sign like they're battered house wives or trade them before they can spurn them almost every time.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Papercut posted:

lol

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Morrow, Ilyasova and Collison are each gonna get $10m a year to show Westbrook that OKC is serious about winning.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Papercut posted:

:[

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

KCP is getting very near the max in RFA if he actually seeks out an offer sheet. Might well be that Detroit has a handshake deal to pay him in RFA like they did with Drummond, but playing chicken with Brooklyn and Philadelphia has already cost the Spurs/Clippers/Blazers.

I assume so. The rfa max just means ' solid starter' money now, it's hard to get used to

Can we get 10 or so NBA players to fund a new version of slamball that's played until one team is dead due to traps and pitfalls on the court

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

How can you even pretend to be excited about that

I genuinely think he will be good despite what everyone else says

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Westbrook is averaging a triple double per game since Oladipo joined the team.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

leftist heap posted:

Westbrook is averaging a triple double per game since Oladipo joined the team.

Hahah, now this I like

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Boom!

https://twitter.com/UpTheThunder/status/793188788902125568

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I assume so. The rfa max just means ' solid starter' money now, it's hard to get used to

Can we get 10 or so NBA players to fund a new version of slamball that's played until one team is dead due to traps and pitfalls on the court

Well the Pelicans seem to have lost one of those slamball matches already.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Wooooooooooo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Adams is now indistinguishable from a professional wrestler, he's now on the tagteam of those new zealand guys who stomped around

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

This is good, keep Kanter and Adams together.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Papercut posted:

Condolences.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Gobert signing a 4/$100 as well.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Gobert also got 4 year $100m.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Redgrendel2001 posted:

drat and they even killed the former coach's wife

That's brutal

Maybe we should ban neo slam ball

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Well, this is mostly true because there are a bunch of old-TV-deal contracts still running around. In a few years, Adams + Oladipo taking up 40%+ of your cap may not be a very good look. Once the MLE, minimum, and rookie deals go up with the new CBA I don't think teams will want RFA maxes (which are 25% of the cap) to be so common. Remember, the cap won't keep jumping like it has.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Meanwhile the Timberwolves are far apart in their extension discussions with Dieng and Shabazz, shocking nobody.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

Meanwhile the Timberwolves are far apart in their extension discussions with Dieng and Shabazz, shocking nobody.

I have no earthly idea what Shabazz Muhammad's market value is. I'd totally offer him the QO and see what contract someone else gives him.

Dieng is a tough one. He is probably a (low-end) starting calibre center, which probably means RFA Max. I don't know if he is worth that to the Wolves. To me, he is a great candidate to trade to someone who wants to pay him that but doesn't have/want to use cap room to do it next year.

I don't know that you'd want to give up young pieces that help you win if you are the Wolves either. It's a tough situation.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

I have no earthly idea what Shabazz Muhammad's market value is. I'd totally offer him the QO and see what contract someone else gives him.

Dieng is a tough one. He is probably a (low-end) starting calibre center, which probably means RFA Max. I don't know if he is worth that to the Wolves. To me, he is a great candidate to trade to someone who wants to pay him that but doesn't have/want to use cap room to do it next year.

I don't know that you'd want to give up young pieces that help you win if you are the Wolves either. It's a tough situation.

It's such a loving bind for all these GMs. Trading nets you nothing of value, you either overpay or let them go for nothing.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

D-League camps are opening up which means your favorite prospect is headed down there. Rockets already sent Onuaku down, but surprisingly nobody else, does this mean we'll get primetime Kyle Wiltjer minutes against the Cavs?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Reigning champions since '08.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

I was just looking at the Lakers schedule, and they don't visit an Eastern Conference team after February 10th, which is a full week before the all-star break. They also have a super home heavy end of the season, so they will probably be able to rack up a decent amount of those post-allstar garbage wins during that stretch

That'll be nice from a feel good point of view. I just hope Walton can survive the multiple ten loss in a row losing streaks that are going to happen the first half of the year.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Even if he didn't inherit a 17-win team, he was such a high-profile hire and "get" that the honeymoon period would hopefully last at least a year, but then again I don't know the pulse of Lakers fans.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/TheVertical/status/793209278228262912

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I take it Luke Walton won't get near the amount of slack that Byron Scott got in the hopes that some of those championships had rubbed off on him somehow

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is Dieng good

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

is Dieng good

He's youngish center who can block some shots and hit a 15' jumper so someone would pay him that. Maybe even a little more

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

chunkles posted:

D-League camps are opening up which means your favorite prospect is headed down there. Rockets already sent Onuaku down, but surprisingly nobody else, does this mean we'll get primetime Kyle Wiltjer minutes against the Cavs?

Gonna buy tickets to the Austin Spurs play the D-Fenders so I can cheer for Zubac really loudly.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dissect this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The room even dressed up as the court from the Dave Chappelle Prince skit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The gently caress, how did Thibs get 4 years/64 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Dissect this

Iman "Tasteful Whiteface" Shumpert

• Locked thread