Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

So you would endorse KM for Queen Mod of USPol. This truly is an auspicious day.

Point me towards whatever petition I need to sign to make this happen.

Let's make D&D great again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

HannibalBarca posted:

Keeping Garland on deck would be best, if only to showcase beyond all doubt the sheer rank hypocrisy of Senate Republicans when they still refuse to confirm him, despite their ostensible reason for stonewalling being their wanting to wait for the outcome of the election.

Yeah, surely this will be the moment when the nation finally wakes up to realize the GOP isn't trustworthy. There is definitely much to gain by being polite, respectful, and playing by rules that only apply to one side.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So wait a moment, does that mean Harry Reid was NOT bullshitting?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No he just accused her of being a drug addicted gold-digger who deserved it

Whoops, didn't mean to defend Polanski there :( Hes trash too, I just wanted to point out that Nate Parker is just as bad.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah so... skip it.

Not because it isn't good mind you, but because you'll literally break your TV over one piece in particular.

A white kid at a school had to do a presentation on MLK, so he dresses up as MLK including going full black face

Ugh, good looking out, thank you.

:negative:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

canepazzo posted:

I imagine Harry Reid did the equivalent of firing some shells at an area that would almost certainly have SOMETHING in it, but he probably did not pinpoint snipe the FBI file on Trump's Russia ties.

This is still pretty substantial of course.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

canepazzo posted:

It's true, Harry Reid knows when to hold em, knows when to fold em.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Who What Now posted:

Point me towards whatever petition I need to sign to make this happen.

Let's make D&D great again.

You can send me the following and I'll sign you up:

1. Full Name
2. Primary Bank Account #
3. Bank Name
4. SSN

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Unzip and Attack posted:

Yeah, surely this will be the moment when the nation finally wakes up to realize the GOP isn't trustworthy. There is definitely much to gain by being polite, respectful, and playing by rules that only apply to one side.

*shrug* Hey man, I'm not saying it's what I'd do. Just saying that that's how the dance goes.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

Male America is so drat sensitive.
That's a weird rear end distribution.

It's like, a (discretized) normal but also a mixture of two others with a hard floor and ceiling, or a mixture of a normal and a beta, or ...

Do all movie ratings look like this?

Pakled posted:

Before it came out, yeah, but most people seemed to love it.

The difference between the new Ghostbusters and the new Star Wars is that the new Star Wars was really good, so only hardcore racists/misogynists complained about it being too "PC"after it came out, whereas the new Ghostbusters was mediocre, so the casual misogynists, who are much more numerous, are able to dogpile it as the worst movie and point to it as an example of "PC gone mad!"
I liked the new Star Wars more than any other Star Wars I think.

The new Ghostbusters was incredibly boring though. But I'm kind of glad it made a lot of stupid people very angry. Good to see where society's at on the deplorability scale right now.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

canepazzo posted:

Harry Reid might have some shady business dealings, and he might have screwed over some native Americans. But it's pretty clear from his years in public service that he is an honest man. I don't believe he'd have said those things in that letter if the implications weren't true.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ogmius815 posted:

Harry Reid might have some shady business dealings, and he might have screwed over some native Americans. But it's pretty clear from his years in public service that he is an honest man. I don't believe he'd have said those things in that letter if the implications weren't true.

Bullshit. He was at that dinner.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

canepazzo posted:

A Winner is Jew posted:

Reid doesn't bluff.

Ever.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

Bullshit. He was at that dinner.
I could never trust a man who ate a dinner.

What dinner do you mean?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

A Winner is Jew posted:

Did you watch the Last Week Tonight segment on school segregation?

Because if so I would skip it.

Why? The thrust of that specific part was that white people who dress up in blackface aren't always doing it because they're consciously racist, but often just because they're extremely naive and sheltered from the fact that non-white people exist -- and it's precisely that sort of sheltering that's important to get rid of.

I think it's not fair to blame the kid who probably doesn't have the context to understand why blackface is offensive for doing what he did -- the problem is the system that allows that kid, and presumably his parents, to lack that context in the first place.

In a perfect world, when offensive things are done out of ignorance, you could just say "hey, knock that poo poo off, it's extremely offensive," and people would go, "okay, sorry, I didn't know," but usually the sort of person who's ignorant about why blackface is offensive is also likely to be really defensive about being informed of such, so of course it doesn't work.

Also in TV news, I thought last night's episode of Parts Unknown was really good and relevant to this election, especially the bit at the end where Bourdain gave a giant gently caress-you to Trump supporters. After watching that, I can't imagine why anyone would go, "nah, that's not the America I want, let's get rid of the non-whites and eat lovely bland food and have no culture for the rest of our miserable lives."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

When you're a Democrat and you need an attack dog, Harry Reid will always deliver

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Nessus posted:

I could never trust a man who ate a dinner.

What dinner do you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHH9EYZHoVU

Robert De Niro as Harry Reid.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/793180752594612224

quote:

NEW NBC/Surveymonkey online poll (Oct 24-30) finds no change since FBI letter

HRC 47
DJT 41
GJ 6
JS 3

Pre-Comey
HC 47
DT 41
Post-Comey
HC 47
DT 41

2way: HRC 51, Trump 44

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
The usual caveat about tracking polls being garbage applies, but, most of all, this just reinforces how much I want this drat election to be over.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

You can send me the following and I'll sign you up:

1. Full Name
2. Primary Bank Account #
3. Bank Name
4. SSN

Ok, but before I can do that I need the same information from you so I can transfer my recently deceased father's fortune into your account for safe keeping.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I want to go back to the me who decided to start reading USPol and generally paying attention to things, and kick him in the head

I might have been rather stupider back then but damnit I was less stressed out and probably happier as a result

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

So you want me to give you that avatar, is what I'm hearing.

No, don't take my juicy Shaq meat!

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
So, what are the odds of Comey resigning before inauguration day?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The dinner in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1KDmG4bxXY

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

HorseRenoir posted:

Honestly he should, hop on the Fox commentator money train, spend the next eight years talking abut how In His Expert Opinion Hillary is selling all our state secrets to terrorists.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

HorseRenoir posted:

The question is if the drone strike or the polonium deliveries get to him first

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

HorseRenoir posted:

If he's smart, 100%...Then the narrative becomes "Did the Clinton's force Comey to resign?" and he gets a sweet fox news gig.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The real October surprise:

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/793177798756143104

:3:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Comey probably should resign but I doubt he'll be gone in a week, that would be absurdly fast.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HorseRenoir posted:

He really should if only to save everyone the trouble of throwing a fit when Hillary accepts his resignation within the first month of her presidency.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
gently caress being allowed to quietly retire while no one's paying attention, Comey needs to be fired November 9th alongside a public shaming from disappointed dad Obama. This is not okay, and letting it slip by condones it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Good time to stock up on cat meat, boys!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Twist the knife:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/793181320507777025

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Does the FBI director serve at the pleasure of the President?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

HannibalBarca posted:

*shrug* Hey man, I'm not saying it's what I'd do. Just saying that that's how the dance goes.

I'm saying the dance ended decades ago and now the Dems are in an empty auditorium dancing alone, and crying.

The time has long passed to stop letting the GOP use tradition and political norms as ambush points.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Also I'm literally going to jail as soon as I finish my coffee so I'd be derelict in my duties for 3-6 months depending on good behavior.

I'm about to be unemployed but if you punch a dude in blackface I will seriously put whatever money I have left into your defense fund.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Also I'm literally going to jail as soon as I finish my coffee so I'd be derelict in my duties for 3-6 months depending on good behavior.

In a just world no jury would convict you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

botany posted:

I'm about to be unemployed but if you punch a dude in blackface I will seriously put whatever money I have left into your defense fund.

:same: unironically

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's okay we're not losing TB

Don't worry, I'm just pretending. What I really did was Hawkgirl's staring maneuver, combined with the finisher of "what's your costume supposed to be?" ... "oh so is that scary I don't get it."

Asking racists to explain the joke is always fun.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Ogmius815 posted:

Does the FBI director serve at the pleasure of the President?

Technically it's a political appointment so yes, but it's for a 10 year term and there is suppose to be nothing political about his hiring or firing.

Of course that was before an FBI director put his thumb on the scale of an election.

• Locked thread