Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
very much looking forward to JK's Skyrim + Open Cities, since that can be a thing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Hahhaha Nexus keeps killing ported SkyUI uploads, presumably because they're not done with the original modder's expressed written consent or some nonsense.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Can you even do nasty poo poo through .esp files? Because if you could, oh man that would be the golden god of all viral vectors.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
oh just load it in the new CK and save, someone said

someone was full of poo poo :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Muahaha

Load it in SSEEdit and save. :colbert:

That's what I did with Uncle Sheogorath!

Raygereio posted:

Turns out, it is. Peter Hines tweeted out the beta key for everyone to use last thursday. Though in true Hines-is-a-bit-of-an-idiot fashion the key he posted didn't work because it's in all upper-case, and it has to be lower-case.
Go here: https://account.bethesda.net/en/settings/redeem-code
Use this code: g6h8-ne8h-u3xn-9g8m-g38u

Start the Bethesda.net launcher (or restart it if it's already active) and the new CK should show up.

BTW I take back all the nasty things I've said about you.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Psion posted:

oh just load it in the new CK and save, someone said

someone was full of poo poo :colbert:

Don't act like you didn't already know that! If it were so simple the game could've done it automagically and they would've touted full mod support for real instead of in their usual cagey sort of way that turned out to be lies.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

armoredgorilla posted:

Hahhaha Nexus keeps killing ported SkyUI uploads, presumably because they're not done with the original modder's expressed written consent or some nonsense.
Yep. Schlangster didn't give permission for a reupload, so it gets deleted. As for whether we'll see an "official" SkyUI port.

Schlangster posted:

We're no longer active and I in particular am not going to put any more work in. Got neither the time nor is it fun anymore, so I really shouldn't be doing it. In general, I have nothing against porting it though. If we ever get to the point where someone else took care of all the details and all I have to do is update the .esp, recompile and upload, then I will do so. I just don't really expect anyone to do that.
Bolding mine. Basically he wants someone else to do all the porting work, then upload it under his name. I can't help but think he's still a bit salty over the paid-modding debacle.

scamtank posted:

Can you even do nasty poo poo through .esp files? Because if you could, oh man that would be the golden god of all viral vectors.
You can make a corrupt plugin that will gently caress with someone's game. It wouldn't do anything that funny though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Any good mods out now for SSE (or compatible) that makes your characters not look like rear end and give some decent customization options?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is what I dont get about the whole paid mods thing: Now would've been the time to introduce it, or at the launch of FallOut 4, at a natural discontinuity of the modding community. Not 5 years into an established community. I don't think there would be nearly the outcry if they had.

Edit: And regarding Wrye Bash, it's still a perfectly serviceable mod manager, it even has some of the install order functions of MO, it's just not as good or easy or fast as MO. However, I think some of Arthmoor's salt over it might come from the fact that MO never worked right with the CK. Something about the virtualization just didn't jive with the CK.

Getting the SSE CK has made me kinda want to pick up working on my mod again...

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 31, 2016

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Any good mods out now for SSE (or compatible) that makes your characters not look like rear end and give some decent customization options?

There's eight cosmetic mods on the Nexus as of this post. That's probably not going to cover your needs.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Just use old skyrim mods so long as they exist as just textures/meshes. Use whatever tool you'd like to package them up nice and neat, but they should work just fine. Most of the people posting their stuff to the SSE Nexus aren't even using the apparently new formats for their texture mods.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Deified Data posted:

Any good mods out

No, there are no good mods, ever.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Agents are GO! posted:

No, there are no good mods, ever.

Counterpoint:
Shut up Mirmulnir by ?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1928/

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Deified Data posted:

Customization options? I dunno.

But I installed ... heck, whatever the top People mod is on Nexus now ... and it makes almost everyone a good deal less ugly.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cancelling out a bad mod does not make it a good mod. :colbert:

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Schubalts posted:

It doesn't. NMM got updated to work for the SE, but neither mod manager is going to be updated anymore. The MO creator is now on Nexus's staff, and they're all working on a new mod manager that will have features from both, with better coding under the hood.

That's actually pretty cool, but I wonder how long it's going to take to show up.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Quick question about Ordinator: Where are these goddam Wild Shrines? I've been googling and poo poo and I can't find them anywhere. The only answer I can find is "they are easy to spot just play" and well, I've been playing for 7 levels without fast travel and them shits are nowhere to be found.

Similar question about Imperious: Where is the treasure hunter who has the Grail of Bretony? I'm level 18 and still can't find him or her.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Agents are GO! posted:

drat this can be pretty.

I hope somebody fixes the shiny landscape .NIFs soon though (as seen on the lower-right of this image.) :|

If you are using Noble Skyrim HD Textures there is a Special Edition patch now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Decus posted:

Don't act like you didn't already know that! If it were so simple the game could've done it automagically and they would've touted full mod support for real instead of in their usual cagey sort of way that turned out to be lies.

it's Bethesda, of course :v:

I have no idea what the CK is doing. or what I'm doing in the CK. that doesn't help :shrug:

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 31, 2016

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Looks like Shut Up Mirmulnir for SE has already been linked.
I've also updated Hearthfire attacks disabled if anyone's interested.

Edit: Also it looks like the CK should now be available for anyone. You no longer have to unlock it with that key I posted about.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 31, 2016

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is the Open Cities mod on the SE Nexus and can it be slotted into an existing save?

I really want to try this, but am anxious that it will break poo poo in terrifying ways.

armoredgorilla posted:

I read SkyUI 2.2 didn't require SKSE and should(?) work on the Special Edition? Definitely going to try it out later.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Fintilgin posted:

I really want to try this, but am anxious that it will break poo poo in terrifying ways.

Same. I hear it's running great with no performance hit for most people, but I don't relish a dragon or tiger chasing me into Whiterun and slaughtering everyone before the requisite mod gets ported that sends villagers fleeing to their homes.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Deified Data posted:

Same. I hear it's running great with no performance hit for most people, but I don't relish a dragon or tiger chasing me into Whiterun and slaughtering everyone before the requisite mod gets ported that sends villagers fleeing to their homes.

Yeah, I'm thinking it sounds cool, but doesn't really add enough to make it worth breaking. Especially if I'm still just going to be fast travel :effort: teleporting in and out of town most of the time.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

armoredgorilla posted:

SkyUI - this seems to work fine, just the inventory and shopkeeper menus.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 31, 2016

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

FlyingKipper posted:

This usually indicates a bad mesh or maybe a player skeleton issue. Check your mods.

Thanks. Rearranged some mods and rebuilt my bashed patch and it hasn't come back yet.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

Customization options? I dunno.

But I installed ... heck, whatever the top People mod is on Nexus now ... and it makes almost everyone a good deal less ugly.

This? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1037/

I can recommend this. It makes NPCs too "pretty" for my tastes, but doesn't go so far with it that I can't just deal with it. I'd say it is a comfortable "lore friendly" appearance mod, that leans a little more toward making NPCs attractive, than simply higher quality content.

What I REALLY like is that it stays roughly around that middle ground, AND it does so in a compatible way. This isn't one of those mods that directly edits hundreds of NPCs. It just updates the textures, and headmeshes, maybe. It also includes a ton of other bits and bobs, like female vampire teeth or whatever else you would have to hunt down another single file for.

May not really be for everyone, and it doesn't perfectly cater to me (NPCs are still a little too 'pretty'), but the one stop, drag-and-drop, nature of this thing that manages to cover every NPC and interestingly manages to make them all look varied, without resorting to changing their actor entries is really solid. You're still going to get some sameface, but it's not as bad as vanilla. I was impressed.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
That's the one! Thanks, couldn't check Nexus just then. Yeah, I agree with you on all points.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
I recently got a freesync monitor. Good stuff.

Getting it to do it's stuff however has proven a bit sketchy... or so I thought.

Long and short of it is AMD drivers don't like to do anything outside of fullscreen mode. I found
DO NOT USE THIS

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5a6la7/skyrim_special_edition_vsyncscreen_tearing_fix/

DO NOT USE THAT

You will suffer a massive object processing tax. Possibly worse? All I know is just outside whiterun, and just outside riften I would drop sub 30 looking a few odd directions. Maybe Intel chips fair better and it may be an option for anyone still having troubles.

Besides, it isn't necessary.

Disable windowed mode in the launcher options.
SkyrimPrefs.ini located in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition
Set iVSyncPresentInterval to 0 (this might even be optional, but it's the way I have things setup)
In AMD Radeon Settings. Remove the auto added profile. Manually add SkyrimSE.exe
Under that new profile set
-Wait for Vertical Refresh: Always on
-Frame rate target control: 60 (higher still causes physics to go nuts, though it does seem a little better)

Finally. Each time you launch the game: Alt-tab out. Alt-tab in. You're done.

Note: I did have some trouble when trying to expand the Freesync range via hacks. Get rid of that stuff. Maybe it works, but unless you don't have LFC, it's pretty much irrelevant.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

armoredgorilla posted:

:nexus:

I was all excited to try the Remastered version but I feel like I shouldn't bother diving until at least until SkyUI and SPERG are ported. I fired it up for a bit and I'd forgotten how godawful the vanilla user interface is.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Entropic posted:

:nexus:

I was all excited to try the Remastered version but I feel like I shouldn't bother diving until at least until SkyUI and SPERG are ported. I fired it up for a bit and I'd forgotten how godawful the vanilla user interface is.

i'm enjoying the SPERG equivalent they have up on the in game modthing.

e: vvv that's the one, yeah. I don't know if it's better than SPERG, but I'm enjoying the choices so far. vvv

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 1, 2016

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ordinator?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So if I install a mod, will PS4 trophies be permanently disabled or just as long as the mod is on?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Geostomp posted:

So if I install a mod, will PS4 trophies be permanently disabled or just as long as the mod is on?

I didn't sign up for this when I made the OP. :negative:

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Geostomp posted:

Permanent for that save. It marks the save as modded, even if you disable the mod.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

GunnerJ posted:

I didn't sign up for this when I made the OP. :negative:

I am very sorry for committing the forums taboo of being too dumb to read the intro. :sorry:

Thanks. I'll do a few test runs and have a second character ready for mod shenanigans.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Raygereio posted:

Yep. Schlangster didn't give permission for a reupload, so it gets deleted. As for whether we'll see an "official" SkyUI port.

Seems kind of ridiculous that he's not gonna work on it but people can't upload compatible versions to Nexus in the mean time. Like dude it's not a movie, it's not a book, most people don't even pay attention to the author's name.

I made some armor mod once for oblivion and my readme was literally "feel free to put this in your mod or whatever literally go nuts I don't care."

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
I believe the same is true of XBone. Technically true of PC as well, but as is usually the case there is a mod for that.

Also in mods to recommend.
Has a similar effect to Audio Overhaul for Skyim, but instead of basically remastering the entire soundscape and files, this just does some technical wizardly with Xaudio to provide MUCH better environment/positional audio. You'll probably want to tinker with the sound balance a little, music will be VERY loud, and the game generally will be much louder, but vanilla sliders cover all of it.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1897/

Additionally, since it does all of it's work through a replaced xaudio dll, it will apply all of it's awesome to other mods that add new sounds, or else replace vanilla content. Definitely give this one a look.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Geostomp posted:

I am very sorry for committing the forums taboo of being too dumb to read the intro. :sorry:

Nah, that's not even it, I don't think there's anything in the OP about your question. PS4 cheevos was just not a subject I ever thought I'd have to deal with, I was very unprepared!

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

CptYouaredead from the nexus forums posted:

Skyrim SE has lower quality audio files than the original, but a patch will be released soon by Bethesda.

Is this true? or is it just Nord Nexus nonsense? Cuz if so, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Apparently they used a compressed format that some say sounds worse, I dunno.