Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I now only have Goat Sim and Hotline One Down left. I have walked through the valley of pubs.

marv crawled through a river of pub poo poo to get that mask.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I touched the pub stove and got burnt for my trouble. I had inspire and that was a known quantity. I was also getting tazed. There was another guy on the ground next bleeding out. There was a third person who instead of shooting the tazer decided to run the gently caress away and die uselessly. Yaaaaaaay. We only had three people because the fourth didn't loving know when to pull out and just stood in a room we were defending but left once we could and then died there.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Crabtree posted:

I now only have Goat Sim and Hotline One Down left. I have walked through the valley of pubs.

marv crawled through a river of pub poo poo to get that mask.

Will you help with some 1D tonight? Let's try & get hotline taken care of, it's ya boy buckshot.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Will you help with some 1D tonight? Let's try & get hotline taken care of, it's ya boy buckshot.

Sure, the fastest and most reliable to do are ironically the Christmas heists, with maybe aftershock becoming a lot easier when you know where to camp and remember to flash bang flair at the end so you can get into the truck. Goat is still something you pray for the game to break on though.

Also I think I figured out why a lot of fresh players are gunning for one down - they forgot to charge extra for heists above mayhem. Oops.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
oh jfc.

Dozer on OD.

These are actually entirely reasonable stats, but compared with the normal units, it's a joke. The dozer does less damage at >10 meters. It's less accurate, too. Tasers have similar falloff, and do less damage than heavy swat across the board.

For comparison:

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 30, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Crabtree posted:

pubs? 1D? you're brave, crabtree.

let me know if you run into any problems on either and I can tell you what worked for us on those maps. Hotline isn't the hell it was when DW Hotline was the hardest heist in the game :v:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Discendo Vox posted:

oh jfc.

Dozer on OD.

These are actually entirely reasonable stats, but compared with the normal units, it's a joke. The dozer does less damage at >10 meters. It's less accurate, too. Tasers have similar falloff, and do less damage than heavy swat across the board.

For comparison:

Thats hillarous. At range they're kittens. Close up they become raging tigers. It's a good thing they dont have armor penetration like Snipers. (gently caress snipers forever holy god)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

TopHatGenius posted:

Thats hillarous. At range they're kittens. Close up they become raging tigers. It's a good thing they dont have armor penetration like Snipers. (gently caress snipers forever holy god)

That's the fun part. Close up they're...still actually about the equivalent of heavy swat or easier, because the lack of armor penetration means they take one hit less to down a player- and heavy zeal swat hit a lot faster. The only thing really making them more dangerous is that they have a lot of health, and spawn in pairs...though swat come in much greater numbers.

I think Zeal heavy swat may genuinely be much, much more dangerous than anything else on OD.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

TopHatGenius posted:

dozers also have 18,000 hp, always spawn in pairs, and sprint at you. It's entirely reasonable they're close-quarters powerhouses, because the strategy is deal with them as a high-priority threat at long range or you have to deal with them as a very high priority threat when they're murdering your face. Compared to the bad old days of 0.14 second Saigadozer KOs, that's reasonably well thought out for a 1D enemy.

the problem that needs fixing is the no-falloff Zeal team, not the dozers. but it does demonstrate how absurd the Zeal guys are, sure.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Psion posted:

let me know if you run into any problems on either and I can tell you what worked for us on those maps. Hotline isn't the hell it was when DW Hotline was the hardest heist in the game :v:

Honestly, pubbie OD games aren't as bad as you might think. I did the majority of the loud OD jobs with pubs and it wasn't nearly as much of a clusterfuck as I was expecting.

Don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of groups where things turn into a shitstorm within 5 minutes of starting, but when you find a good crew you can knock out 3-4 jobs in a row easy.

Lynx fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 30, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Lynx posted:

Honestly, pubbie OD games aren't as bad as you might think. I did the majority of the loud OD jobs with pubs and it wasn't nearly as much of a clusterfuck as I was expecting.

Don't get wrong, there's still plenty of groups where things turn into a shitstorm within 5 minutes of starting, but when you find a good crew you can knock out 3-4 jobs in a row easy.

The funniest thing is watching OD be the great equalizer of really bad cheaters as even with their illegally modded gun with penetration and flame rounds, fuckers still fall down or don't know how the game or level works. Goat Sim in particular is the greatest pubbie eater of all. But for every cheater there is maybe 3-9 legit players that put up a good fight or even finish the job. I've played loud OD Allesso because gently caress stealth, Rats, Firestarter, Watchdogs, now Hotline using the old DW tactic of camp the hallway, Boiling Point 2 times, Cook Off, Santa's Workshop twice, Lab Rats 3 times, don't know how many times I've failed on Aftershock but felt better about doing it the more I played. All completed with legit pubs.

Of course, there are still bad players like your arm chair pros that are all "LETS COOK THE METH ON HOTLINE" and then go into custody and quit while the rest of the team carries on and finishes the job. That and fresh faced newbies managing to get into OD lobbies. But there are some real good players swimming around in the public game sphere while I wait for goons. Well, that and cover my hands in cooking oil and grab :pubstove: with my bare hands, screaming as they light on fire - but you know how it goes.

Wish OVERKILL was a little bit more lenient with achievement drops as I've completed Goat 2 times, but always join too late for it to count.

Psion posted:

Sure, the tactics I've figured out in goat heist is if you don't have bulletproof shutters in the cafe or convenience store, usually the burning building is an okayish camping location to wait out waves. Day 1 is a big hump to get over, while Day 2 is all about getting a good lull in the wave to unleash the ballon and let the goats in all at once. If you get into the car with some deployables yet, its not that hard to hide around cars and wait for the bridge.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Psion posted:

dozers also have 18,000 hp, always spawn in pairs, and sprint at you. It's entirely reasonable they're close-quarters powerhouses, because the strategy is deal with them as a high-priority threat at long range or you have to deal with them as a very high priority threat when they're murdering your face. Compared to the bad old days of 0.14 second Saigadozer KOs, that's reasonably well thought out for a 1D enemy.

the problem that needs fixing is the no-falloff Zeal team, not the dozers. but it does demonstrate how absurd the Zeal guys are, sure.

I agree. Heavy Zeals need to not be able to snipe you from across the map.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Zeal SWAT seems appropiate for the difficulty level.

Heavy Zeal is just loving idiotic.

Especially since it seems like One Down has no damage grace period whatsoever.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Crabtree posted:

Sure, the tactics I've figured out in goat heist is if you don't have bulletproof shutters in the cafe or convenience store, usually the burning building is an okayish camping location to wait out waves. Day 1 is a big hump to get over, while Day 2 is all about getting a good lull in the wave to unleash the ballon and let the goats in all at once. If you get into the car with some deployables yet, its not that hard to hide around cars and wait for the bridge.

I never even tried the cafe, always the burning building. Sounds like a good idea though - for us, the burning building stairs were a very nice chokepoint to bomb with incendiary grenades, so i can imagine the cafe door would work similarly. On day 2, having someone bring charges to speed the bridge checkpoint (with jack of all trades so they can bring a double primary deployable/secondary shaped charges) is really nice.

Hotline D1 is basically the same strategy as always, just harder. D2 what worked for us: plant the drill and move down at least one floor. They all spawn up top and funnel down the stairs, same thing as the goat holdout (lots of fire). A restarter is nice, because then you just wait for the cops to handle the Commissar with almost no pressure, but it's a solid enough holdout that you can restart it during lulls, or get real gutsy and have 2-3 people fall back even further and one person can sneak up and start the drill while every spawned cop is in the middle. Then just wait for a fade and go up top for Bile.

...and then secure all the bags anyway. Gotta fill up that safehouse after you burn it, right???

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 31, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Psion posted:

Compared to the bad old days of 0.14 second Saigadozer KOs, that's reasonably well thought out for a 1D enemy.
Best part was when you got a double Saigadozer spawn since Dozers also always come in pairs on DW since it meant that if both looked at you it was possible to have a 0.00 second KO if they both fired at the same time.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dozers always come in pairs period, now. It's the only way they spawn on DW up- otherwise they only spawn one at a time on their own.

Concordat posted:

Zeal SWAT seems appropiate for the difficulty level.

Heavy Zeal is just loving idiotic.

Especially since it seems like One Down has no damage grace period whatsoever.

It's difficult to fully compare because we don't have RoF values- I think normal zeal swat fire faster. OD supposedly has the same damage grace period as DW/MH (less than earlier difficulties), but there's a known and perplexing bug where you can get tagged sometimes for the same amount of damage repeatedly during the grace- getting hit for, let's say, 67.5 damage 5 times in one second.

This kills the heister.

edit: I just realized that, with the way accuracy works, normal Zeal SWAT are 60% accurate at any range. Reinfeld Bulldozers (Zeal or not), if I am reading this correctly, and if certain order of operations assumptions are made, actually get more accurate the further from 30m away they are. :psyduck:

edit2: yeah, they do very little damage, but as focus builds up, the further away they are, the more accurate they are. Suppose a bulldozer aims at you for 5 seconds at any distance. If you run far enough away, and they are still aiming at you, their accuracy will approach 100%.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 31, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So a little bit too aim botty as others have said. Also its funny how all Zeal Dozers look the same in their diluded, dark colors. But yeah, there are Zeal Saigas. Pure black and kind of weak and slow to fire compared to the rare skull dozers, which seem to now be inaccurate if they're firing at you at melee range that you clip around their gun, and the green or I guess Super Zeal variant that's kind of white but doesn't have a skull? Am I insane or are there now four types of dozers outside of the headless one?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

So a little bit too aim botty as others have said. Also its funny how all Zeal Dozers look the same in their diluded, dark colors. But yeah, there are Zeal Saigas. Pure black and kind of weak and slow to fire compared to the rare skull dozers, which seem to now be inaccurate if they're firing at you at melee range that you clip around their gun, and the green or I guess Super Zeal variant that's kind of white but doesn't have a skull? Am I insane or are there now four types of dozers outside of the headless one?
I think there may be- I too have seen other variants, but there aren't stats out for them yet. The screenshot I took was from a table written up before other variants were added. On the other hand, :overkill: ; there may be a graphics glitch merging armor and model parts or something.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, Green/Black/Gensec (Skulldozer)/Zeal Dozer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Drewjitsu posted:

Yeah, Green/Black/Gensec (Skulldozer)/Zeal Dozer.

ohhhhh, I see what's happened. The game is still using Skulldozers (and on some maps, green/black dozers) for scripted spawns on OD. I think there are separate Zeal Saiga and Renfield models(I think I've seen them), but if so the filediver folks haven't reported on them yet-the screenshot I took was written up before they were properly added. The game is not supposed to be spawning ksp dozers in assault spawns on OD.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 31, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

So 1D is bad, but not impossible. Pub stoved a few maps, and it didn't seem impossible, provided you stuck to the ol' DW camp strat.

Or you have pubs who massively cheat.

But we'll see how the harder maps are. I'm sure they are tremendous horseshit.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So I guess no Halloween update today. Lame.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

I figured it'd be last Thursday or Friday, given their release history previously, but I guess not!

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So I tore up the second OP pretty badly after some of the big changes this year, and it was looking pretty meager. I cleaned it up today, but I'd like to ask mostly newer players or people who don't invest a lot of time and thought into the game to tell me what they'd like to see in terms of gameplay info. For example, what did you wish you knew much earlier in the game? I don't want to throw lots of words into the OP, but I'd be glad to link to some helpful guides or videos.

I'd also like to get a collection of all live-action or at least good cinematic video content for the game somewhere in the OP. It's kind of a pain, because not all of them are on PD2's or Overkill's Youtube pages and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Plan Z posted:

So I tore up the second OP pretty badly after some of the big changes this year, and it was looking pretty meager. I cleaned it up today, but I'd like to ask mostly newer players or people who don't invest a lot of time and thought into the game to tell me what they'd like to see in terms of gameplay info. For example, what did you wish you knew much earlier in the game? I don't want to throw lots of words into the OP, but I'd be glad to link to some helpful guides or videos.

I'd also like to get a collection of all live-action or at least good cinematic video content for the game somewhere in the OP. It's kind of a pain, because not all of them are on PD2's or Overkill's Youtube pages and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
I started playing maybe a month before the skill rebalance/change went live so its hard for me to say. In the second post you may want to put a basic breakdown of the skills (x is good and this is why, y is bad and this is why, z is is good if you like doing <this>) and/or "if you want to run shotguns, do this; if you want to run LMGs, start with these skills:. One of my biggest questions when I was new was about what was good or bad. Now it is less painful if you chose poorly because it is so easy to respec but information like that is asked about fairly often I feel (in between Lucy's arguments with people about stupid high difficulty things).

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Plan Z posted:

Overkill Software's Youtube should have every live-action video made post-release. There's some tepid live-action ads for the corrupt Mayor we help in Election Day, but the good stuff starts with The Dentist trailer and the trailers that follow. If you want the web series, which is a little meandering and no longer relevant to the current payday storyline at all, you'll want to hit up Gamespot's youtube account, here's the first one in that series.

The characterization of Bain in the web series still seems amusingly at-odds with "looking up meth on Wikipedia" Bain.

Geight fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 31, 2016

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Plan Z posted:

Does that mean it's delayed, or is it not happening this year?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It could still be this week, it's just looking unlikely to be released ON Halloween like some people had hoped.

I kinda feel bad for devs that do a Halloween event because it's an implicit agreement that you will do a Halloween event every year for the lifespan of your game.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Aren't the Safehouse nightmare files already in game? Or do they have you re-download and reinstall that map every year.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Well there's a new safehouse, so there could potentially be a new nightmare.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

Does that mean it's delayed, or is it not happening this year?

The Steam forums are saying it's coming this Thursday.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

One of my friends got buttmad that I'm better at stealth than he is and has basically refused to help me on things now so I've been completing shitloads without him. Car Shop is my last stealth heist to get on 1D. Nailed it! I can drat near do DW forest solo with bots but their pathing gets hosed on the escape. I got 19 meth bags with just bots but then they finally stopped listening to my shouts, ran out and died simultaneously and I had to cash out.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 1, 2016

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Solo stealth would probably be more tolerable if the bots either did anything or you didn't end up having to slowly shuffle 20 bags across the map on your own.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I like solo stealth because only I can screw up. I had someone spotting for me on Golden Grin 1D and he was backing into guards and catching bodies and poo poo while I'm trying to run the drat mission.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

I think there's a few mods that let you command bots to pick up bags or move to certain spots. Could be good for solo stealth. Phneposting to hand out CANDYSTABD to truck or trailers so I can't find them right now.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Truck or Treat.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Please don't candystab truck or trailers.

Also here's a mask I just made. Hot drat.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Lyrai posted:

CANDYSTABD

Leaked image of the upcoming Christmas melee weapon:

THE CHORSE fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 1, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I put together a DW/1D build. I've already got a bog standard ICTV anarchist frenzy build, but this one's for dodge. Ran a couple DWs with it and it seemed fine but can I get any suggestions?

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mABDflr:eabDEfhJl:gGJKLmNOpQr:fr:ibcdea:pO8::w40-27-6-1-28-12:s49-2-25-10:a3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

If you want to take this to 1D, you flat out need Nine Lives Aced. Swan Song ace would be ideal also.

I don't know why you're acing both sneaky bastard and low blow when you can easily get under 4 with a raven/judge, so that frees up a lot of points. A few other things - ace resiliance, no question. Look into shockproof (tasers are really jerks), bullseye (being able to regenerate armor regularly will save downs), not using shotguns, iron man basic, and yes, transporter basic.

Inspire and FAKs ought to be okay as long as you're the only person bringing the FAKs, otherwise I'd respec for doctor bags depending on team need - 2x doc, 1x ammo, 1x FAK is a good 1D spread.

unseen strike is glitchy, buggy, or generally garbage so that should go, also. I forget the details but basically you will never have a period of time where you aren't getting shot with aimbot heavy Zeals on map :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 1, 2016