Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
My copy of Shiren just arrived. I'm excited, I like that brand of roguelike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

mrEkli posted:

Is it better than Shinovi Versus? Better levels? Bosses?

Eh...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I instinctively hate Estival Versus because I'm brokebrained and it has effectively held my Vita hostage because all I need to do to Platinum it is clear like 5-6 character stories but Senran Kagura is so bland and average that I know if I ever take the cartridge out I will never put it back into the Vita so every few days I try to play the Vita again to do a story only to find I ran out of battery life and the cycle begins anew. Curse you, Estival Versus.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ganbare Policenaut-kun!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

mrEkli posted:

Is it better than Shinovi Versus? Better levels? Bosses?

It has more characters :v:

Aside of that, since is a PS4 downgrade it actually runs slightly worse than SV did.

Better get Valkyrie Drive.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Ganbare Policenaut-kun!

Policenep*

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

I instinctively hate Estival Versus because I'm brokebrained and it has effectively held my Vita hostage because all I need to do to Platinum it is clear like 5-6 character stories but Senran Kagura is so bland and average that I know if I ever take the cartridge out I will never put it back into the Vita so every few days I try to play the Vita again to do a story only to find I ran out of battery life and the cycle begins anew. Curse you, Estival Versus.

I had that problem in mgs5 where I only need to do like 2 things for platinum (s rank some missions and find all the animals) but they're so tedious that I just cannot be bothered

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

bon appetit was my first platinum. i put that on my resume, so employers know how desperate i am.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Shinovi versus was my first. EV was my second, so I'm assuming my third will be VD

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

vkeios posted:

Shinovi versus was my first. EV was my second, so I'm assuming my third will be VD

Sorry to tell you this but...

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
rewound time. small loss of progress

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 29, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

vkeios posted:

Some of the VD trophies are insanely grindy in a way that none of the SK ones really were.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yomawari's tutorial is deviously well made. I'm not sure what to say without spoiling it, though I'm curious to see where it's going from there.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
My first plat was Rayman Origins. It was a good game and fun to the very last trophy.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

SylvainMustach posted:

Also, how's valkyria chronicles 2?

Fun and nice to look at for a while, fumbles the pass when you reach higher difficulties and unlocking classes becomes important because class upgrades are RNG dependent. It becomes a genuinely unpleasant experience. I can think of worse ways to spend $10 but I couldn't get more than 15-20 hours of fun out of it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Valkyria chronicles 2 was a PSP game released during peak Monster Hunterfication. Every Japanese portable game needed some sort of grinding for upgrade mats mechanic.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey, here's the first real trailer for Super Robot Wars V. A game coming out in English!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhBMd4YbIzk

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Policenaut posted:

A game coming out in English!

That remains to be seen, after Moon Dwellers' "translation." :v:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEARGNW9yL0

Check out the frame drop on the new Sword Art game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

holy poo poo that is inexcusable

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That's...bad.

Did the other SAO games have AOE markers and aggro lines?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the first one did? I remember the HUD being a confusing mess anyway

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

The SAO games are surprisingly fun but that's the most 'real mmo lag experience' yet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Zero Escape: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward are coming to PS4/Vita as Zero Escape: The Nonary Games.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm glad they're all on vita now so people can stop telling people to just read an lp of 999 even though it's the best one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked ZTD a lot, is it already on PS4?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

I liked ZTD a lot, is it already on PS4?

I think it's only on Vita, 3DS, and PC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the sentence "Prepare to experience 999 as it was intended" is a bit odd considering important plot elements and game mechanics were designed around having two screens, but, whatever. Im sure theyll figure something out.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

In Training posted:

Also the sentence "Prepare to experience 999 as it was intended" is a bit odd considering important plot elements and game mechanics were designed around having two screens, but, whatever. Im sure theyll figure something out.

They'll use PiP.

I can't imagine how the game will play with no dual screen, I think it'll require some kind of a clever redesign.

And although it's hardly important, I dislike the marketing tagline, DS' dual screens were perfect for the game and expertly utilized, there's no way it wasn't the original vision.

And lol at the new SAO's framerate

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I'd really hate to besmirch nintendo in any way shape or form but maybe it will be good, we just don't know.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Policenaut posted:

Zero Escape: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward are coming to PS4/Vita as Zero Escape: The Nonary Games.

That's awesome. Never got 999 and didn't play the others because everyone's said that you should start there.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

I'd really hate to besmirch nintendo in any way shape or form but maybe it will be good, we just don't know.

Oh, absolutely, but I do hope they'll find another gimmick, no dual screen really does make a difference, and the touch puzzles in VLR I found really gimmicky and unwieldy.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

In Training posted:

playstation 4 players will now stand on their heads for the final segment of the game

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Oh cool I will finally play 999, Its sort of insane that the first game in such a story based series was physical only for so long in this day and age.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Trails of Cold Steel: CH6 done: That was it for the terrorist trio? That was extremely drastic but I don't mind it like that at all, I really appreciate the show of how vulnerable people are, if they actually are dead and gone forever. Holy poo poo. Showing that we're just a batch of somebodies, not pieces on the overall chessboard is also something I love to see, gets tiresome being The One out to save everybody in a world where nobody lifts a finger. I just know it's setting me up for the sequel and that is perfectly fine, holy poo poo Sharon what a mystery you are. I'll enter ToCS 2 when I'm done with FF15, or RE7, or P5. (The way it was explained how time afterwards was spent was okay in my book. It's not the jump in the four-episode OAV series of Sakura Wars)

28 minutes to finish the boss fight and I didn't mind it, loved every moment and felt balanced and fair, my fave turn-based combat system by far. RPG and JRPG fans need to watch some nonspoilery youtube videos and get it.

e: and I'm starting to feel these voiceactors have none of what the Japanese do in bringing power to their various pitches of voices. Not everybody can be Yü Kobayashi, sometimes I'd rather have british stage actors again than what we usually get for the west. Cheap quick project I suppose? Would love behind the scenesy knowledge on how it works from start to finish in arranging localized voices for projects like this.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 1, 2016

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cold Steel's voice actors are all really good though?

and there's this silly drama CD that covers the Chapter 6-Chapter 7 timeskip; you can read a transcript here if you want

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQgqqhnH3D0

Atelier Firis Vita: Adventures in .gifland

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQgqqhnH3D0

Atelier Firis Vita: Adventures in .gifland

this is sickening

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Really Pants posted:

Cold Steel's voice actors are all really good though?

and there's this silly drama CD that covers the Chapter 6-Chapter 7 timeskip; you can read a transcript here if you want

Oh cool I was wondering about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Finally getting going on DR2 and the dude with the insane dialog that makes him sound like a satanist and a Cape full of gerbils is my second fave Dangan Ranpa ever after big titty shark girl from the first game