Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

SeanBeansShako, Your post is great thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

TescoBag posted:

SeanBeansShako, Your post is great thanks.

Might add a few of them to my post near the OP, don't think the OP itself is ever going to be updated at this rate, I keep finding some gems. I fear though with Skyrim mods needing to be redone the Nexus for Fallout 4 may get a bit more quiet.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

my Weapon Balance Overhaul....

So hey I've grabbed your WBO mod and I'm still having fun tweaking everything to get ready to play. Just had a question on whether you're still planning to support it / update it. I ask because Nuka World is out and I guess it has stuff that needs updating? Also was reading the posts of your mod on Nexus and a lot of the people commenting on it say that while it's good they feel that sniper rifles are way too powerful. Still haven't tried it out for myself, just was curious if you were still working on it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

lilspooky posted:

So hey I've grabbed your WBO mod and I'm still having fun tweaking everything to get ready to play. Just had a question on whether you're still planning to support it / update it. I ask because Nuka World is out and I guess it has stuff that needs updating? Also was reading the posts of your mod on Nexus and a lot of the people commenting on it say that while it's good they feel that sniper rifles are way too powerful. Still haven't tried it out for myself, just was curious if you were still working on it.

I definitely intend to still work on it at some point, it's more the fact that USPS hosed me out of $150 bucks and never sent my new laptop outta San Francisco. I'll pick it up around thanksgivingish.

It'll happen eventually, it's more that I don't have the SSD space or the will to install Fallout 4 and mod it on a desktop I have the chance to use at most once a week.

tl;dr yeah, eventually. It works fine now, sniper rifles are just a bit on the powerful side and most DLC isn't included. Fortunately, it's just weapon record edits, so feel absolutely free to tinker to your heart's content!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Might add a few of them to my post near the OP, don't think the OP itself is ever going to be updated at this rate, I keep finding some gems. I fear though with Skyrim mods needing to be redone the Nexus for Fallout 4 may get a bit more quiet.

Despite consistent sideways comments about the OP never being updated, it will get a large update when I goddamn feel like it. Feel free to keep putting poorly formatted novelty mods in your section

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 31, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Sintax posted:

Despite consistent sideways comments about the OP never being updated, it will get a large update when I goddamn feel like it. Feel free to keep putting poorly formatted novelty mods in your section

We don't talk anymore :(.

But alright will do.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Any recommended mods to change the appearance of NPC's? I'm talking in terms of hairstyles and eyes. Does the Eyes of Beauty mod do that? Is it still worthwhile? What about hair styles for various NPC's. Just kinda nice to have people look a little different.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I actually really love the weekly roundup and favorited basically all the mods from the most recent one. So I appreciate it bunches.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

lilspooky posted:

Any recommended mods to change the appearance of NPC's? I'm talking in terms of hairstyles and eyes. Does the Eyes of Beauty mod do that? Is it still worthwhile? What about hair styles for various NPC's. Just kinda nice to have people look a little different.

Ive got Great Actors and Better Settlers which make a lot of folks look a little better and yeah eyes and teeth texture mods affect everyone and are definitely worth it, Im not sure if anything can be done about hair in general though. I'd also highly recommend Tales from the Commonwealth which adds a lot of new voice acted npcs, a bunch of new quests which seem really good so far and three new companions too. Theres one that makes the kids look a lot better too Diverse Children I think but theres so few of them and you interact with them so little its hardly worth it imo.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Does Wrye Bash not work with Fallout 4? Never gives me the option to make a bashed patch....and also gives a bunch of warnings about the main game files. Without if there's no real easy way to make the leveled lists play nice with each other. Did I install it wrong?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

lilspooky posted:

Does Wrye Bash not work with Fallout 4? Never gives me the option to make a bashed patch....and also gives a bunch of warnings about the main game files. Without if there's no real easy way to make the leveled lists play nice with each other. Did I install it wrong?

They changed the way files ar created and organised now. All the game's core files and alot of mods and the like for Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition are packed into ba2 files. If you want Wrye to either sort your mods, or make a bashed patch, those need to be unpacked to that Wrye can even read them. There's programs to do it, but I have no idea what doing such a thing will do for a mod's stability, or the game's in general.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Any link to a guide or one of those programs? It would suck to spend all this time preparing to play and find out that it's kinda for nothing. :(

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

Ive got Great Actors and Better Settlers which make a lot of folks look a little better and yeah eyes and teeth texture mods affect everyone and are definitely worth it, Im not sure if anything can be done about hair in general though. I'd also highly recommend Tales from the Commonwealth which adds a lot of new voice acted npcs, a bunch of new quests which seem really good so far and three new companions too. Theres one that makes the kids look a lot better too Diverse Children I think but theres so few of them and you interact with them so little its hardly worth it imo.

Diverse Children also has major... hair problems. Even the version that has better hair still has weird hair.

Now that someone's made vanilla hair for kids, maybe that could be solved.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Midnight Voyager posted:

Diverse Children also has major... hair problems. Even the version that has better hair still has weird hair.

Now that someone's made vanilla hair for kids, maybe that could be solved.

It looks fine to me so i guess they fixed it. The only kids ive seen in my playthrough so far are nat, nina and sheng in DC though so maybe some kids out there in my game somewhere have hosed up hairdos.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

It looks fine to me so i guess they fixed it. The only kids ive seen in my playthrough so far are nat, nina and sheng in DC though so maybe some kids out there in my game somewhere have hosed up hairdos.

It's not necessarily hosed up. They got one of the super frilly hair mods and converted them for kids. Also they look a bit shiny with the included texture replacement. And I kinda hate the hairdos in the first place

They refitted them from Commonwealth Cuts, so... ApachiiSky hair.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Yeah thats what my game looks like. They used some of the less ridiculous skyhair so it definitly looks better than vanilla to me. Anyone who wasnt a companion or a faction leader doesnt usually look great anyway but the kids looked particularly lazy.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's not necessarily hosed up. They got one of the super frilly hair mods and converted them for kids. Also they look a bit shiny with the included texture replacement. And I kinda hate the hairdos in the first place

They refitted them from Commonwealth Cuts, so... ApachiiSky hair.

Stranger Things looks good

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

lilspooky posted:

Just use a merged patch. Works fine for levelled lists.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Doesn't that require going through FO4Edit and painstakingly hand moving everything? I've got a shitload of mods and it's gonna be a nightmare if that's the case. Any kind of filter system or easier way?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nah you pretty much load all the mods and say "make a merged patch". It does the hard stuff.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Gah, just ran into a bug where I can't assign sellers to anything. They'll say the usual "yea, sure" dialogue, but won't assign to it.

Reading around it seems quite common, particularly when running an older version of the unofficial patch (I'm not).

Going back to an older save fixes it (even if I leave all mods enabled), but my massive jet manufacturing facility doesn't exist in that save. What a bastard. Disabling all mods doesn't help, it seems baked into the save file.

Anyone else have this happen?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 1, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

lilspooky posted:

Doesn't that require going through FO4Edit and painstakingly hand moving everything? I've got a shitload of mods and it's gonna be a nightmare if that's the case. Any kind of filter system or easier way?

No. You literally just right click and hit "Create merged patch." It's crazy simple.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
So when you guys say "load all the mods" you mean load ALL the mods or just the weapon/npc/leveled list mods that are having conflicts?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

lilspooky posted:

So when you guys say "load all the mods" you mean load ALL the mods or just the weapon/npc/leveled list mods that are having conflicts?

Just load them all. It'll manage conflicts for anything.

I'm honestly not sure why a bashed patch is recommended for Skyrim, but a merged patch will take care of almost every single conflict in your load order. The only annoying bit is recreating it when you add new mods, or manually adding to your levelled list.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

lilspooky posted:

If a nod isn't conflicting with anything then FO4edit will ignore it when making the merged patch. So just load your current load order.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

The Iron Rose posted:

Just load them all. It'll manage conflicts for anything.

I'm honestly not sure why a bashed patch is recommended for Skyrim, but a merged patch will take care of almost every single conflict in your load order. The only annoying bit is recreating it when you add new mods, or manually adding to your levelled list.

Unrelated but you're the same Iron Rose on Bethesda.com who made the easy lockpick mod right?

I could have sworn that there was an easy hacking mod as well, but I couldn't find it through the in-game mod menu.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

General Morden posted:

Unrelated but you're the same Iron Rose on Bethesda.com who made the easy lockpick mod right?

I could have sworn that there was an easy hacking mod as well, but I couldn't find it through the in-game mod menu.

Yes, though if you're on a PC you should really not be downloading from Bethesda.net! I suppose it miiiight be forgivable if you're on a console.

Anyways yeah I made the easy lock picking mod. I did not make the easy hacking mod, though it's only a few GMST edits and I know for a fact that there are several on the nexus. I would be shocked if none were on Bethesda.net.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Cool, thanks guys. Seems to be working!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I asked in the normal thread, but I'll ask here too since it seems a bit more active or maybe someone knows a mod that will fix my problem. I just started Vault 88 and I'm having issues with Overseer Barstow. I got to the part where she's supposed to talk to clem or something and she never did, so I used console commands to finish that quest all the way. Barstow is apparently supposed to give you more quests after that to get power and some other stuff, but now when I go to talk to her all it brings up is the trade menu. Is there any way to fix this? Can I start the next quest with console commands?

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

Is the OP up to date enough to select mods from? I'm new to the game and looking for essential vanilla+ types of things.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

concise posted:

Is the OP up to date enough to select mods from? I'm new to the game and looking for essential vanilla+ types of things.

Yeah most of them should be fine i used a bunch from there and the google doc list. Just make sure you read the mod description. Most times modders will tell you if someone has made a better version or if its been rolled into a pack or just isnt dlc supported if you have that.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

concise posted:

Yes and no. This applies to the mods in the google doc thread. Be very careful with what you pick and always check out two things.
1st: Last time the mod was updated. Depending on what mod it is it could very well have been broken by future patches.
2nd: Check the "posts" section of Nexus and see what people are saying. I avoided downloading a couple problems that way.

Example: I passed on downloading the Unofficial Fallout Patch because after doing some reading it unfortunately breaks a couple mods and more importantly it's apparently broken with aspects of the Nuka World DLC. So be careful there which sucks as I've always enjoyed unofficial patches for other Bethesda games. Hopefully they'll update it in the near future.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

lilspooky posted:

Example: I passed on downloading the Unofficial Fallout Patch because after doing some reading it unfortunately breaks a couple mods and more importantly it's apparently broken with aspects of the Nuka World DLC. So be careful there which sucks as I've always enjoyed unofficial patches for other Bethesda games. Hopefully they'll update it in the near future.

Oh drat really? Ive been running that with nuka world and like 200 mods. Skyrim unofficial was suggested by a bunch of stuff iirc so i assumed Fallout would be the same. Ill have to try uninstalling it and see what happens.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lilspooky posted:

Yes and no. This applies to the mods in the google doc thread. Be very careful with what you pick and always check out two things.
1st: Last time the mod was updated. Depending on what mod it is it could very well have been broken by future patches.
2nd: Check the "posts" section of Nexus and see what people are saying. I avoided downloading a couple problems that way.

What reading might this be? And what aspects/mods does it break? I've never heard anything about it.

EDIT: While I'm at it, things I'd love to see: One-handed shotguns.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 2, 2016

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Relin posted:

is there a mod to make the goddamn pip boy interface bigger on the screen

Hey, I don't think this is a mod issue; it has to do with changing your FOV. It's really annoying. But luckily it's easily fixed. If I remember correctly:

open up your console, type fov 90 (return); type refreshini (return); save

If that's not quite right, it's something very close to that. You can google it. I googled it for this post, but there are a few variations out there along very similar lines and I don't recall exactly which one I used. But, yes - this is easily fixed.

Also, there's this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10101/

quote:

Ok so recently i celebrated my 1000 endorsement and thought to myself, besided endorsements what have i really contributed to the Nexus?, so this is my 1st attempt at sharing something other then my opinion. There are some really nice body creations out there but i found that some have dismemberment issues and that kind of kills me when limbs reappear all stiff when removing outfits so i decided to make some of my own. I have issues with the texture for the penis and there is some clipping and if you wear heavy armor the tip of your dick will stick out but the one really cool thing is that dismemberment is still working.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

OK, so I've been looking for a mod that will allow settlers to equip themselves with whatever best equipment is available to them at the settlement - probably from whatever is in the settlement's workshop - without having to equip each one of them individually. I'd love to just be able to dump a bunch of armor and weapons into the settlement workbench and have it appear on the settlers within a day or so. I've been looking on the Nexus for something like this. Any ideas?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

OK, so I've been looking for a mod that will allow settlers to equip themselves with whatever best equipment is available to them at the settlement - probably from whatever is in the settlement's workshop - without having to equip each one of them individually. I'd love to just be able to dump a bunch of armor and weapons into the settlement workbench and have it appear on the settlers within a day or so. I've been looking on the Nexus for something like this. Any ideas?

Probably wouldn't be too difficult to create, not sure if there is one though.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

I wonder if I can do that. I might give it a shot. I'll bet a lot of people would find it useful if it was available. I've never made a mod before, though.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

I wonder if I can do that. I might give it a shot. I'll bet a lot of people would find it useful if it was available. I've never made a mod before, though.

I would have found that super useful when I made a poo poo ton of plasma guns.

Given up on fo4 until / if Bethesda fix the issue where sellers will not assign to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

What reading might this be? And what aspects/mods does it break? I've never heard anything about it.

Sorry been busy and just saw this. Overall I can't give a ton of specific examples off my head because I would have to go through the over 200 mods I have installed and read the post sections to look for people complaining.

That being said here is the UF04 patch page and the post section has some people discussing issues with various quests and things.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...3D3502925&pUp=1