Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Humans hunted animals by exhausting them and zombies don't have to breathe

lol I just remembered the governor's trophy pond, will really suck if someone decides to swim in there in a few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
If anyone is looking for good zombie watching for Halloween I can't recommend this enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOquktXvkT4

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Did anybody die?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The tainted meat thing is something the writers do when they feel like it. Just because eating Bob was okay doesn't mean eating the pigs will be. In the show domestic pigs that ate walkers were implicated in the flu in season 3 or 4. There's more in the comics I won't spoil.

Also they can feed the tiger walkers, duh.

xtal fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 31, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Humans hunted animals by exhausting them and zombies don't have to breathe

Humans hunted animals to exhaustion by tracking them. and being very good long distance runners. Zombies move at a slow shuffle and can't pick up a trail. Animals just need to get out of view of a zombie and they're afe

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's no reason walker meat would be any more dangerous than regular human meat at the same state of decomposition.

By now there really should be a new strain of vulture behavior. Aggressive vultures that take chunks out of zombies while they're still moving.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Goodbody posted:

Humans hunted animals to exhaustion by tracking them. and being very good long distance runners. Zombies move at a slow shuffle and can't pick up a trail. Animals just need to get out of view of a zombie and they're afe

They sure were good at finding the prison

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

xtal posted:

The tainted meat thing is something the writers do when they feel like it. Just because eating Bob was okay doesn't mean eating the pigs will be. In the show domestic pigs that ate walkers were implicated in the flu in season 3 or 4. There's more in the comics I won't spoil.

Also they can feed the tiger walkers, duh.

This is my problem with it - it's working the same way comic books in general do, the rules change whenever the writer pleases and they don't even try to keep things consistent. I've been thinking since the beginning this show could be so much better if it weren't crippled by having such absurd comicbooky source material. It's getting to the point where I won't be surprised if there's a crossover and Thor shows up or something, and I would also not be surprised if people defended it because "it's a show about the zombie apocalypse it's not supposed to make sense".

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So what is the theory on if Glen is actually dead or not?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I heard they are bringing Glen back with one of those head/eye visor things like the guy in star trek

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

This is my problem with it - it's working the same way comic books in general do, the rules change whenever the writer pleases and they don't even try to keep things consistent. I've been thinking since the beginning this show could be so much better if it weren't crippled by having such absurd comicbooky source material. It's getting to the point where I won't be surprised if there's a crossover and Thor shows up or something, and I would also not be surprised if people defended it because "it's a show about the zombie apocalypse it's not supposed to make sense".

Then we can go back to the original idea for the comic and everyone gets superpowers. :-)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
For some reason my Firefox spellcheck is kicked on and when I right click this thread, it gives me the options of:

Disappointment
Disappointing
Disappointed
Disjointed

I think spellchecker is trying to review a typical WD season

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This is why I was kind of excited for FtWD, but they really managed to gently caress that up tremendously.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wait so wasn't a FTWD character supposed to show up in WD this season?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's no reason walker meat would be any more dangerous than regular human meat at the same state of decomposition.

So really, really, really, really loving dangerous, then?

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait so wasn't a FTWD character supposed to show up in WD this season?

If they do they better be a crazy bunch of assholes and villains.

That said, I would welcome El Salivdad popping up on WD randomly. He, Nick and Strand are the only three charact--- err, not really, but actors worth saving.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This is why I was kind of excited for FtWD, but they really managed to gently caress that up tremendously.

So so tremendously

Again, warning for those of you not cross threading this, Fear literally has characters so incredibly stupid that the dumbest poo poo (even the Glenn well scene) WD characters do looks loving genius compared to anything they did.

That and the show keeps trying to make these grand threats, then on-camera shows us like 10 people, and it's hilarious. The finale had my eyes roll out of my head then the big bad unstoppable Cartel carefully crawls through a zombie field, one dude with a rifle could have literally defended the whole town.

Also, I don't know what the gently caress drugs the Fear crew is on but I would seriously bet $100 and/or toxx myself that at least half of the writing staff on Fear does all the loving drugs. It's not just the incompetency, it's the fact there's this vibe of "What if the dead, are like, us man? We should like, co-exist and poo poo. Pass me the bong," running through the whole show in the dumbest manner possible now.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 31, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

It's getting to the point where I won't be surprised if there's a crossover and Thor shows up or something, and I would also not be surprised if people defended it because "it's a show about the zombie apocalypse it's not supposed to make sense".

If only they could have a meltdown that glorious.

"Disney bought AMC so it turns out Walking Dead actually takes place in an alternate Marvel Zombies universe, so the series finale will be Thor saving everyone," would be so amazing/stupid I'm sure people would be talking about it in media history classes in 2116

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Luvcow posted:

I heard they are bringing Glen back with one of those head/eye visor things like the guy in star trek

GoT/TWD crossover Melisandre pays a visit to Virginia

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also, I don't know what the gently caress drugs the Fear crew is on but I would seriously bet $100 and/or toxx myself that at least half of the writing staff on Fear does all the loving drugs.
They got a little too in depth with their research on how to write Nick's character.

Blazing Ownager posted:

If only they could have a meltdown that glorious.

"Disney bought AMC so it turns out Walking Dead actually takes place in an alternate Marvel Zombies universe, so the series finale will be Thor saving everyone," would be so amazing/stupid I'm sure people would be talking about it in media history classes in 2116
And that's how they bring Glenn back - with alien magic technology like they did with Coulson.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Acacia REI posted:

GoT/TWD crossover Melisandre pays a visit to Virginia

A friend of mine got really pissed when they realized a few seasons in that GoT is really just another zombie show.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

nopants posted:

I think I'd enjoy a Conan the Barbarian type show with Carol as the adventuring wanderer.

I'd enjoy a sitcom with Carol and the house-zombie getting in all kinds of hilarious situations.

moist turtleneck posted:

lol I just remembered the governor's trophy pond, will really suck if someone decides to swim in there in a few years

The way this show deals with logic I'm surprised that evil skeletons haven't made an appearance yet.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blazing Ownager posted:

So really, really, really, really loving dangerous, then?

Not for pigs and crows and poo poo

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

God dammit. My idea of Halloween movies is a lot different than my roommates. They are arguing between Edward Scissor Hands, Beetlejuice abd Hocus Pocus. I just want to watch Saw, any if the Romero movies or Reanimator or something gory and not for 8 year old kids.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

If we're talking about crossovers, I'd really like to see Clementine. And Lee but he'd be dead by now although the show changes poo poo all the time so we could have both of them. I'd like to see Stone Cold Carl and Clem being an awesome teenage duo. Like the millennial version of Rick and Michonne.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/NnRYSwY.gifv

Serf
May 5, 2011

Just watched the episode, I liked it. The tiger was awesome and I like that Ezekiel is just a normal dude putting on an act. Also it's good to see Carol getting over her mental breakdown in the span of a single episode.

It would be great if hogs are just such disgusting assholes that they can process zombie meat no problem and be eaten just fine. Hope you like bacon, because pigs are about to save the goddamn world.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I was thinking of getting back into this show due to being bedridden with a stomach bug for a few days and running out of things to watch. Stopped at season 2 because it sucked.

It really feels like the pilot was written and directed by whole different group of people. It's an incredible hour of television.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Gynecolojustice posted:

It really feels like the pilot was written and directed by whole different group of people. It's an incredible hour of television.

It feels like that because it was :v:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The Kingdom seems pretty cool with a strange dude leaving constant signs showing anyone how to get to their enclave.

Actually he draw the sign pointing the opposite way.

Not sure if blunder or supposed to throw pursuers off. :laffo:

Serf
May 5, 2011

I thought he was leaving a path for himself and Carol back to Alexandria.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I guess nobody in the kingdom understands just how many foul toxins are in car tires if they raise all their food in them. Tires spend their lifetime on roads, which are coverd in all the crap and detritus and leakage from every car that's ever passed over it. You do NOT want to grow food crops in them.

As trailer trash flower pots I've seen some fun stuff where you split one side and butterfly it open so it looks like a sunflower and then you paint it, but I'd almost rather eat crops from lead-contaminated soil than out of a tire planter. Jesus christ everybody's dead, is it that loving hard to nail together a few boards? Not to mention file cabinet planters would be stupidly off-balance, which would make them topple over every time you watered them.

But then again their bacon has some novel curing involved as well so

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I work for the USPS and the fact that flag is on the left side of the mail box is bothering me to no end. Those go on the right side!!!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Von_Doom posted:

Ezekiel and the Kingdom won me over with his private moment with Carol. Genuinely cool touch for a character and the actor has a nice presence. A town with him and Morgan chewing scenery? Yeah, I could watch a ton more of that. Hope Morgan's trainee sticks around a while.

Senor Tron posted:

I like any town that shows how much better any community without Rick in charge seems to do.

I was feeling pretty much like Carol about that farce until Ezekiel's conversation with her. The whole thing is very Life of Pi and I'm not even talking about the tiger. They seem to have a community with maybe a couple hundred people and a shitload of kids. Think about it would you rather your kid grow up in the Ricktatorship or the Kingdom? If I found myself in a fortified and resource safe-ish situation with a lot of kids I'd LARP the gently caress out of the apocalypse. Their daddies are Knights, protecting the Kingdom from monsters, they don't go out on raids led by Murder Rick that inevitably have a 50% death rate.

gently caress that noise, if it weren't for having to pay tribute the Kingdom would be doing pretty great. As long as the "king" doesn't go all primae noctis or start sending people to their deaths they have a pretty good deal going on. Dude walks around keeping everybody's spirits up, kids are still getting prepared to deal with the real world but in a less traumatizing way and they even get knighted as a rite of passage. I can easily see how a little roleplay to keep everyone more cheerful would gradually consolidate into something semi formal since they seem to be doing pretty OK.

Ezekiel isn't sending people out to gently caress around with zombies armed with knives, they got themselves horses, armor and spears, a pretty winning combination against mindless infantry. Put a leather apron on those horses to give them some protection from walkers and they'd be unstoppable.
Farms are running, meat production is running, schools are running, these guys have their poo poo together who cares if they roleplay a little to distract from the horror of everyday. Top community to live in so far.

As for the things you can't really think too much about :
  • that tiger better live on chopped up walker meat, they'd need a loving pig farm just to feed that catte, no way people would be OK with that. might also be a bad ideia to feed it whole walkers, you don't want it to get used to chewing up on human shaped "live" prey.
  • I can even buy that they could keep the pig deliveries secret but there's no way people wouldn't notice that a very substancial part of their crops go missing. do they have a secret farm with zombies equipped with plows or something?
  • if they wanted to poison the meat then smearing human poo poo on just one of the carcasses legs would be much more effective. kill a couple each time, maybe it could even spread between themselves given the probably rudimentary sewage disposal in their camp. it's not like the Saviours would expect 100% sanitary meat given the conditions of slaughter and transport. such a shame.

Hammerstein posted:

S7E2 shines because it focuses on the strong points of the series. Namely people being people and trying to survive without becoming savages. But sooner or later zombies and raiders show up and everything turns to poo poo - and characters show their true colors when it comes to dealing with conflict.

If I wanted a splatter comedy like S7E1 then I could watch Z Nation.

You got that backwards, Z Nation is the show you watch if you enjoy the Kingdom^5, TWD is the grimdeath show.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 1, 2016

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
feeding walkers to the pigs isn't some kind of biological warfare, it's just a subtle "gently caress you!" to the Saviors. Don't make more of it than it is.

And smearing poo poo all over fresh-slaughtered pigs wouldn't be obvious at all

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MeLKoR posted:

As for the things you can't really think too much about :
  • if they wanted to poison the meat then smearing human poo poo on just one of the carcasses legs would be much more effective. kill a couple each time, maybe it could even spread between themselves given the probably rudimentary sewage disposal in their camp. it's not like the Saviours would expect 100% sanitary meat given the conditions of slaughter and transport. such a shame.

Yeah if the saviors got food poisoning from that pork, they'd be cool with it. The Saviors seem like a even-keeled bunch

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
the weird thing about that episode was how heavily the overtones of Hades and Persephone were laid on - even when Carol was leaving she was stealing an apple from the garden of Eden in some kind of reverse snake metaphor - and then the closing scene with a pomegranate, again!?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

coyo7e posted:

And smearing poo poo all over fresh-slaughtered pigs wouldn't be obvious at all
I'm not talking about literally covering it with poo poo, you just have to dip the knife in lovely water and stab the meat a coupe of times to carry the bacteria deep in the flesh. It's not like you have to go out of your way to taint meat.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah if the saviors got food poisoning from that pork, they'd be cool with it. The Saviors seem like a even-keeled bunch
I'm not saying they should poison every carcass, just pieces of one, maybe not even in every delivery. It's the apocalypse, people would be getting food poisoning all the time, a couple of guys poo poo their guts out and die one day, who knows why. Maybe it was the meat, maybe it was some water they drank, plenty of people ate meat and didn't get sick...

If this was an attempted poisoning what where they expecting would happen if a couple of people turned to zombies after eating? No question what had happened there.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MeLKoR posted:

I'm not saying they should poison every carcass, just pieces of one, maybe not even in every delivery. It's the apocalypse, people would be getting food poisoning all the time. A couple of guys die one day, who knows why. Plenty of people ate meat and didn't get sick.

If this was an attempted poisoning what where they expecting would happen if a couple of people turned to zombies after eating? No question what had happened there.

As coyo7e said, it was probably a gently caress you not an attempted poisoning, and, once again, if the food you give the Saviours makes them sick, I don't think they're gonna be happy about that. I think they'll bash someones' brain in or make you Abraham and Isaac a kid

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The really stupid part of the spite zombie feeding is that the pigs the delivered were butchered. So the Kingdom dudes were the ones that had to clean out the zombie filled pig guts.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

As coyo7e said, it was probably a gently caress you not an attempted poisoning, and, once again, if the food you give the Saviours makes them sick, I don't think they're gonna be happy about that. I think they'll bash someones' brain in or make you Abraham and Isaac a kid

Didn't they spell this out in the episode? They said the walker was to fatten up the pigs. Then the Savior guy commented on how they looked bigger.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Feeding walkers to the pigs before Negan's guys eat the pigs is about on the same level as a fry cook getting his revenge by rubbing his dick on an rear end in a top hat customer's burger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

JossiRossi posted:

I work for the USPS and the fact that flag is on the left side of the mail box is bothering me to no end. Those go on the right side!!!

And why is he putting the flag up when he has no outgoing mail in there?!!