Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

poo poo I feel like a moron. is the Titanfall Goons network for pc only? I'm on ps4 and there are no matching networks :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

puke pentagram posted:

poo poo I feel like a moron. is the Titanfall Goons network for pc only? I'm on ps4 and there are no matching networks :(

That one is yeah but I think someone posted something about a ps4 group called BOYZ or some poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I really cant wait for more modes especially more 8v8 poo poo. give me bigger Attrition poo poo with AI team member robots and poo poo. That and some kind of PvE 6-man horde mode would own

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I don't think more is better, the game is already incredibly hectic and you get surprised by people all the time. More people would just increase the percentage of the time you get killed by someone where you had no idea they were there, when the fun fights are the ones that are where you both know the other person is there and you do sweet wall running duels.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
8 v 8 modes with Titans are no joke a ton of fun, especially a stacked team of 8 vs some poo poo pubs? :getin:

Regular Attrition with tons of AI running with 8v8 would be great but I wonder if that's even possible.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I'll be so glad when I finally hit level 20 with the Kraber and get my smiley face patch. It is very difficult to use since the bullet travel is slow enough that many times your kills are just pure luck. The quick-scope mod is pretty much mandatory for it, too. I want my SMGs and shotguns back. :(

Also, on that note, the shotgun pistol is going to reach 20 before the Kraber. Its such a good pistol.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Nalin posted:

I'll be so glad when I finally hit level 20 with the Kraber and get my smiley face patch. It is very difficult to use since the bullet travel is slow enough that many times your kills are just pure luck. The quick-scope mod is pretty much mandatory for it, too. I want my SMGs and shotguns back. :(

Also, on that note, the shotgun pistol is going to reach 20 before the Kraber. Its such a good pistol.

I found it underwhelming. I need to give the wingman a shot again.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The miniscule sights on the revolver throw me off. It wasn't bad at hipfire. I tried to use the plain semi-auto pistol but it's the most bland weapon in the world.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Carecat posted:

The miniscule sights on the revolver throw me off. It wasn't bad at hipfire. I tried to use the plain semi-auto pistol but it's the most bland weapon in the world.

It was good for braining Titans in TF1 :(

Orv
May 4, 2011
The Mozambique is loving incredible if you can land the shots before you get murdered.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemming posted:

It was good for braining Titans in TF1 :(

I really miss TF1 rodeoing. :(

In general, even though the new cores are fun, I think the whole batteries/no shield regen/no proper rodeo stuff is the weakest part of this game.

e; unrelated, but I love how General Marder is an unapologetic Grand Moff Tarkin expy.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Have you ever seen a dropship that was more hosed.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

In general, even though the new cores are fun, I think the whole batteries/no shield regen/no proper rodeo stuff is the weakest part of this game.

e; unrelated, but I love how General Marder is an unapologetic Grand Moff Tarkin expy.

I actually really like the battery mechanic tbh after playing with it for a while. You really feel like you got away with something if you jump on a titan and get away, vs in the first game you had to chill out on their head for half an hour, and they probably had at least 2 ways of getting you off (smoke + cluster missile back scratch)

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Lemon-Lime posted:

Old rodeoing was cool but new rodeoing is so much cooler. I love bringing a battery to my titan buddies.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Stealing batteries is cool, I just wish you could also do old rodeo, and that titans had their regenerating shield back and the batteries were used for something else (like, delivering one gave some core meter or powered the shield up for a bit).

I spent literally 60-70% of my time in Titanfall 1 hunting titans on foot with an Archer and CAR. :v:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Nalin posted:

The Kraber is my favorite weapon, just like it was in 1. Once you get the hang of it you're basically unstoppable. Quick scope + Tactikill mods w/ stim to keep up the go fast and you're a speed demon killing machine. It's the ultimate 1v1 weapon.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Stealing batteries is cool, I just wish you could also do old rodeo, and that titans had their regenerating shield back and the batteries were used for something else (like, delivering one gave some core meter or powered the shield up for a bit).

I spent literally 60-70% of my time in Titanfall 1 hunting titans on foot with an Archer and CAR. :v:

If you can reliably hit cores you can REALLY gently caress up a titan with the Charge Rifle with instant charge, the burst damage plus range on that is incredible, and since there's no regenerating shields they can't just hide behind a building for 2 seconds to negate it

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Just dropping in to say I've played like 6 hours of titanfall tonight and the game is still cool and good.

Today I goosed a dude with the Thermite launcher on Scorch.

:hellyeah:

Scorch is goddamn amazing on hardpoint. Don't want an enemy titan covering a point? Drop a couple of canisters and SET THE WHOLE AREA ON FIRE.

Annoying pilot hiding in a building popping at you? Lob a canister through a window and SET HIM ON FIRE.

Tones turtling behind their sheilds? Lob a canister around the shield and SET HIM ON FIRE.

See a pattern yet? :supaburn:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 1, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

AirRaid posted:

Today I goosed a dude with the Thermite launcher on Scorch.

:hellyeah:

I got a long range direct thermite hit on a pilot from one corner of that map with the big empty red water area all around the edge, it's an amazing feeling.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I have determined I am bad at this game, irreparably bad. I can't aim like I did when I was 16- I literally cannot hit poo poo in this game on foot as a pilot.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fabricated posted:

I have determined I am bad at this game, irreparably bad. I can't aim like I did when I was 16- I literally cannot hit poo poo in this game on foot as a pilot.

Getting back into the swing of Multiplayer FPS gaming is proving me to be pretty poo poo at this so far; I'm pretty good as a Titan but as a pilot I'm kinda bad right now. I've been playing slower shooters since TF1 and it's hosed me up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just assumed until I finished the campaign that coopers VA was Troy baker but apparently not.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

s.i.r.e. posted:

Getting back into the swing of Multiplayer FPS gaming is proving me to be pretty poo poo at this so far; I'm pretty good as a Titan but as a pilot I'm kinda bad right now. I've been playing slower shooters since TF1 and it's hosed me up.

It took me a few days to shake the rust off after playing McDonalds grade poo poo like overwatch.

You never really forget how to play these games, its like riding a bike.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

"Pilot, I have concluded that we should take no further shortcuts."

BT, you're alright by my book

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Carecat posted:

The P2016 is really good at killing people while having a decently-sized clip though, which surprised me since I recall the default handgun in 1 being pretty lacklustre compared to the auto-pistol and Wingman.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 1, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I do fine on kills but my score is always poo poo because I die so much. Any tips for that? It feels like someone is always appearing behind me. Is it just experience and learning the maps?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Phase shift, try to keep track of where the enemy is spawning, always be moving fast, and use your ears. Other than that it's just practice and learning the maps.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The goddamn gauntlet trophies are infuriating.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
"Try to keep track of where the enemy is spawning" uh what? Don't the spawns constantly change?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah but it runs off the same general idea as CoD; enemies will spawn as far as possible from the largest cluster of your teammates, so it's pretty easy to gauge once you know the maps.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I have played far too much Ion.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Flanking is super strong since it you get the drop on someone you're incredibly favored to win that fight. If you see a pocket of enemy grunts for example, try approaching them from the side instead of straight on. You'll often end up flanking someone due to how the spawns work.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does changing the range for Legion's minigun affect the damage at all or just the spread? Seems like long range is the best mode for 95% of situations.

EDIT: By the way do you guys use Auto-sprint?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nalin posted:

Sort of looks like the problem is with Level 3 in general (at least according to Shacknews):
http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

For the future:

Centrylink is buying Level 3 for like 34 billion. This consolidation is getting cray

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

noooooo sad robit when i took the plot macguffin

noooo :(

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

The goddamn gauntlet trophies are infuriating.

I don't even want to know how many hours I spent working on getting that top 3 spot trophy/achievement. Too many. It did, however, help me drastically improve my wallrunning, jump, and grenade timing.

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008
Auto-sprint is a preference, that depends on your controller layout.

If you need to press down on a thumb stick to run it will hurt your thumbs eventually.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RatHat posted:

Does changing the range for Legion's minigun affect the damage at all or just the spread? Seems like long range is the best mode for 95% of situations.

I use it because I've never been good at hitting L3/R3 and you have to do that a lot w/o auto

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

RatHat posted:

I believe the only difference is the more accurate spread and halved ammo capacity compared to close-ranged mode.
Also the charged shot acts like a fully-charged railgun shot with the target penetration mod instead of the shotgun with push-back effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

RatHat posted:

Long-range takes double the ammo per shot and does double the damage. Only reason to use the close range is if you don't want the zoom and to use the power shot better (according to a tooltip I got the close range PS does more damage).