Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

third? All I can think of are the light short-sleeved summer one we'd seen up to now and then this new dark long-sleeved winter one.

I assume original red tie only is separate from year distinct tie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

I was thinking of this one, with the cream-colored, long-sleeved top. And for some reason, only the 2nd-years get ribbons instead of scarves

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
oh, my mind had just smoothed that out to being cardigans like Maru's

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Ahahahaha I told my friend and he was already out in midtown so he's taking a subway there now.

I don't know if you friend spotted these yesterday, but they had the rest of the key holders and these two folders today when I dropped by this afternoon:

Other side of the folders:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:swoon: Nah he just stopped by and said "yes they have your rhythm game stuff. BTW caught this dragonite"

He's really rather not be responsible for not getting my favorite characters so he says I can just get them next time I visit in a couple months.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

emormu posted:

I don't know if you friend spotted these yesterday, but they had the rest of the key holders and these two folders today when I dropped by this afternoon:

Other side of the folders:

Welp, I'm def making a trip there for merch when my NYCC check gets in now.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

X

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
"Straight Tsushima-senpai (2nd year) defeated by Watanabe-san (1st year)"

X

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
Picked up three blind keychain boxes today and am happy with the ones I drew:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

emormu posted:

Ohhh oh oh does Dia looks pissed on the other side?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I wish. Too much of Dia's official stuff has her smiling. She has a nice smile and all, but angry Dia is the best.

At least her SIF UR has a scowl...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

emormu posted:

These are my current top three in order from left to right. Very good pulls.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

Ohhh oh oh does Dia looks pissed on the other side?

Hate to disappoint, but the back side is white with the Love Live! logo in gray and a copyright mark:

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

The SIF Christmas single is out, and that means four new drama tracks are out. Here's the first one, Ruby the Chef, which features Ruby, You, and Kanan.

Stay tuned for the following:
-Decorations Without Honor or Humanity (Yoshiko, Riko, Dia)
-Merry Christmas on the Battlefield (Hanamaru, Chika, Mari)
-A Real Christmas Party

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
oh poo poo YES

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Awesome, thanks!

...but this one didn't really do much for me. It was silly in a way that didn't really work. Kanan being the boke, or at least this kind of boke, doesn't jive with the image I have of her, and You was almost a nonentity.

I'm super excited for Decorations Without Honor or Humanity, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Also, Kanan's voice is different than I remember. More nasally, mostly.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

I at least like that the drama acknowledged that this was very out of the ordinary behaviour for Kanan. It was cute, if not really weird, but I'm glad that's not her normal personality, as we get enough of that over the topness with Yoshiko and Mari.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Alright, here's the next two drama tracks, Decorations Without Honor or Humanity and Merry Christmas on the Battlefield

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Awesome! These were great. They let the silly characters be silly, and Dia be drawn in. The Dia-Yohane interactions were great, and having Maru be the driving force even with natural bokes Mari and Chika worked wonderfully.

Thanks!

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Merry Christmas, friends. Here's the thrilling finale: A Real Christmas Party

And really, Maru has always been a boke in the drama tracks. Let's not forget the time she tried to eat a museum exhibit.

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 25, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Holy poo poo, that fight between Dia and Ruby. :allears:

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Dia is really just excellent in the dramas. I love how easily her serious attitude gets derailed by the rest of the cast and yet she has no self-awareness about it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Daxing Dan posted:

Dia is really just excellent in the dramas. I love how easily her serious attitude gets derailed by the rest of the cast and yet she has no self-awareness about it.

Dia is consistently the best across all media formats.

The finale track was really funny in general though. I wasn't too sure about some parts of the individual stories but it all came together well. Everyone in Aqours is insane.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
They're all dorks and I love it

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

They're the spiritual successors of The Monkees.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Daxing Dan posted:

Merry Christmas, friends. Here's the thrilling finale: A Real Christmas Party

And really, Maru has always been a boke in the drama tracks. Let's not forget the time she tried to eat a museum exhibit.

Excellent, thanks!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Dia is consistently the best across all media formats.

The finale track was really funny in general though. I wasn't too sure about some parts of the individual stories but it all came together well. Everyone in Aqours is insane.

My thoughts exactly.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Chika coming in spitting fire reminded me of my favorite Chika moment in the anime, when she gets sick of the third years' poo poo and lays down the law.

https://jii.moe/41kmpyLGG.webm

e: meant that to have subs:
https://jii.moe/Nkm20kLMM.webm

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 29, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chika is very tough and cool.

A good leader.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah, Chika was good. For a moment in the last drama track, it felt like she was actually the leader. Until it all fell apart on a technicality, at least.

Also, the January issue of the magazine is out. Here are translations:

You:

quote:

"When it's just us girls on holiday, we're gonna have a kickin' rad Christmas party♪"

This year, all of us at Aqours are gonna party it up together on Christmas!
I've always thought it was funny that so many members of Aqours love festivals when we all live out in the middle of nowhere, ahaha♥
After all, we're all planning to meet up at Mari's placefor a Christmas party during winter break, and we're also going to the childrens' association's Christmas event on the Sunday before, and yesterday, the student council president, Dia, was saying the kindergarten was asking for us too, and Chika was insisting on doing a Christmas mini-concert...
And, what's more, the students are holding a school Christmas party today♥
Ahahaha♥♥
Really, it's like we're just having one Christmas party after another, huh?
But it's fun, so oh well♥

Ooh, if that's what we're doing, then maybe I should plan a party too?
I call it the Christmas diving party!
Since I'm so good at diving, I'll get everyone together and we can all dive into a pool together, one after another♪
It's gonna be so good, all the worries we've built up over the year will be washed away!
Oh, but then, it's more like an end of year party than a Christmas party, huh?
Yeah, that sounds great♥
Once this dance party ends, we'll need to plan our end-of-year party, too!
Y'all better be there, okay?
Here's hoping we'll keep on having lots of fun in Aqours next year, too! Steady as she goes♥

Ruby:

quote:

"I always put my utmost effort into practice! I don't want to be embarrassed to be the idol that I am!"

I'm bad at sports.
Whether it was the back hip circle, jump rope, or the vaulting box, I was always the last kid in class to learn them.
Oh, sorry, I kinda lied there.
To tell the truth, I still cant do the back hip circle. Well, I did it once, at least?
When we learned it in elementary school gym class, I couldn't really get it down, so me and Maru stayed after class again and again, until I finally did the towel-assisted version.
But then, the next year, I forgot how to do it again.
Waah!
But, even if I'm like this, I'm gonna do my best to exercise now. Last week, I started running and doing ab exercises♥ I'm keeping it a secret from my sister, though.

Because... Well, it's because...
I want to be able to do all of Aqours' dances right.
I love idols, and I've always, always wanted to be one, but to be honest, I don't think I've ever seriously tried to copy any dances.
If anything, I'm more interested in their cute outfits. All I think about are the frills and ribbons, but now that I'm an actual school idol, I realize how important dancing is to idols.
Of course, there are good dancers and bad dancers, and someone who's as clumsy as I am could never have sharp dance moves lik You, but still.
Even if I'm a bad dancer, I think there's a huge difference between a performance you've practiced for and one you haven't.
I might be unskilled, but I don't want to give an unpracticed performance to the fans that show up to see Aqours.
Even if I'm bad, I'll keep smiling♥
I want them to see a shining performance, so I'll keep practicing my dancing today!
Aqours is the first thing in my life that I truly wanted to be a part of. I wanna treasure what I have here♥

Dia:

quote:

"Good morning, students of Uranohoshi Girls' Academy. I hope that we can all spend another day smiling like lily blossoms together."

Every day, I need to wake up early, and get to the student council room before anyone else comes to school.
That's because doing the morning announcements is part of the student council president's job.
The office of student council president sounds prestigious, but in reality, I feel like I just various odd jobs.
After all, school announcements are normally read by the announcements committee, aren't they?
Maybe it's because we have so few students, but that's become the student council's job at Ura High.
But oh well.
All you can do is play with the hand fate deals to you.
You can't choose your parents, and you can't choose where you're born, either.
After all, If you don't put in the effort to produce results wherever you are, you'll never be able to accomplish anything.
But if I said that, Ruby would get mad at me and tell me I'm just too talented, and not everyone can be like me. Hehe♥♥

But, anyway, I actually quite like doing the announcements.
I like reading out the script in a focused, clear voice♥
And the feeling of directly doing something for all the students here doesn't feel so bad, either.
Hehe. Maybe I'm more suited to be an announcer than an idol?

Yoshiko:

quote:

Our Private Life: Yoshiko
"If you make a fallen angel clean the statue of Saint Mary, of course she's gonna slack off"

"Hey, Ruby, come on! Even if it's cleaning day, you don't have to get so into it. You can take it easy a little, okay? Besides, nobody's gonna look that closely at the statue of Saint Mary in the entrance hall anyway," I say.
But, Ruby is fully focused on wiping off the statue. She doesn't seem to have heard anything I just said.
Squelch, squelch, squelch. The sound of Ruby's wet washcloth resonates through the hall.

Ugh, this isn't gonna work♪
Ruby's a good girl, but her one flaw is that she takes everything too seriously.

I mean, I know it's the big cleaning day before winter break, but you want me, Yohane, the demonic fallen angel from hell, to clean the statue of Saint Mary? Is that a joke?
I'd never do that♥
I swear that upon my name as the world's least lucky... or rather, the number one most misfortuante demon, Yohane!
Oh, but of course, I'm not just gonna sit back and make Ruby do all the work, okay!?
I don't want to touch the statue of Saint Mary, so instead I'll mop the hallways a little.
Hehehe♥
Man, are we done yet?
We were all planning to go out for karaoke to celebrate the new school term.
It's been a long time since we all went home together, hehe.
Since Ruby's working hard enough to make up for me, I'll buy her some fries when we go to karaoke♪♪

Aqours Q&A:

quote:

To Yoshiko: Tell us about the key points of demon fashion!
A: The key points, huh? Well, obviously, the most basic point is that a demon's favorite color is black. And also, accessorize! If you try to do one of those simple outfits that are popular these days, you'll just end up being some guy in black. So, winter is the perfect season for demon fashion♥ Tights and boots are great!

To You: What do you wear at home?
A: Sorry, uh... am I supposed to say this? I fell like Ruby and Yocchan would get mad at me... but, since you asked, here we go♪ As you might've guessed, I wear sweatpants and tracksuits♥♥ I really like my old middle school tracksuit♪

To Hanamaru: How many books do you have?
A: Oh no, I've never really counted them, so I wouldn't know. Uh, I have two huge bookshelves, and three smaller ones, like the ones they have in bookstores, so, enough to fill those, more or less♥ I've got lots of memories, going back to when I was little, of spending my free time going to the bookstores in Numazu, and then coming home happy, with a bag full of books!

To Dia: Since you and Hanamaru both like reading books, do you ever talk about them with each other?
A: Maru and I have some differeing tastes. In contrast to her appearance, Maru prefers dense literary works, while I typically read works by female authors - biographies and such. But, I talk with Maru about books more than I do with my sister, Ruby, so sometimes I feel more like Maru's my actual sister. Ruby got mad at me for saying that, though♥

To Riko: What do you usually draw?
Normally, I only draw sceneries, and occasionally still-lifes, but ever since I moved here to Uchiura, I've drawn some people, too. With the sea, and Mt. Fuji, and the other mountains, and forests, there's a far better view here than anything from when I lived in Tokyo, so I'm not exactly sure why I've suddenly decided to draw people here, either♥ Right now, I want to draw all our smiles.

To Chika: I want to know how good you are at ping-pong.
A: Well, I'm obviously about as good as Mizutani, from the Olympics... is what I'd like to say, but that's too unbelievable, right? Tehehe♥ But, I know how to smash, and lately, I've been on a winning streak against Kanan! Can you believe that!? And she wasn't going easy on me!! When we were kids, I could never beat Kanan, either. That must make me the best ping-ponger in Uchiura♥

To Kanan: Do you have a favorite star or constellation?
A: I love the constellations in winter, when the sky is clear and the stars shine brightest, so, even if it's cliche, I'd have to say that Orion and Cassiopeia♥ are my favorites. Back in elementary school, when I got my first constellation chart, I loved how easy to find these two were. That's when I began to love the stars. And it's romantic how Polaris always points north for you, even at sea, right?

To Mari: Does Starbright have any horse friends?
Right now, he's alone in the stable, so unfortunately not. But, he seems to get along with the pet cats and penguins on the island. Hehe. He's friends with penguins, can you believe that? That's ome of the fun things about living in this hotel. So cute♪ I'm sure he'll even be making friends with seals or dolphins sooner or later♥♥

To Ruby: If you could have a pet, what would it be?
A: Definitely not a dog, I'm way too scared of them. A cat, maybe? Oh, but I'm scared that one might get mad and scratch me with its claws... Then what? Something smaller... oh, a rabbit might be nice♥ They don't bark, they don't bite, and they don't scratch. I'd like to sleep with a nice, fluffy bunny rabbit♪

Thoughts:
-"Smiling like lily blossoms" Really, Dia? I know they go to a Catholic school but this is too much
-Yoshiko is a good girl!
-"sometimes I feel more like Maru's my actual sister" drat Dia, just casually dropping a turd on Ruby
-Apparently You gets Yocchan privileges too.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's interesting to go back and look at the subunit compositions that could have been, now that we actually know the characters.

Unit Composition Pattern 1

A composition where everyone has similar tastes and has similar thinking.

Unit A: Idol Fans (Takami Chika/Tsushima Yoshiko/Kurosawa Ruby)
Unit B: Intelligent and Diligent (Sakurauchi Riko/Kurosawa Dia/Kunikida Hanamaru)
Unit C: My Pace (Matsuura Kanan/Watanabe You/Ohara Mari)

Unit Composition Pattern 2

A composition with each personality type.

Unit A: Puts everything into what they do. (Takami Chika/Matsuura Kanan/Tsushima Yoshika)
Unit B: Pure and Honest (Sakurauchi Riko/Watanabe You/Kunikida Hanamaru)
Unit C: The Ojousamas (Kurosawa Dia/Ohara Mari/Kurosawa Ruby)

Unit Composition Pattern 3

A composition even with the personalities are all over the place but the compatibility are great.

Unit A: Charismatic (Takami Chika/Sakurauchi Riko/Kurosawa Dia)
Unit B: Cutie pies, like small animals (Matsuura Kanan/Kunikida Hanamaru/Kurosawa Ruby)
Unit C: Daredevil (Watanabe You/Tsushima Yoshiko/Ohara Mari)

Unit Composition Pattern 4 (the one we got)

A composition where those with similar fashion and looks are combined.

Unit A: Pop and Cute (Takami Chika/Watanabe You/Kurosawa Ruby)
Unit B: Traditional and Graceful (Matsuura Kanan/Kurosawa Ruby/Kunikida Hanamaru)
Unit C: Western Gothic (Sakurauchi Riko/Tsushima Yoshiko/Ohara Mari)

Unit Composition Pattern 5

A composition where looks and personality are balanced.

Unit A: Balance Type 1 (Takami Chika/Kurosawa Dia/Watanabe You)
Unit B: Balance Type 2 (Matsuura Kanan/Tsushima Yoshiko/Kunikida Hanamaru)
Unit C: Balance Type 3 (Sakurauchi Riko/Ohara Mari/Kurosawa Ruby)

Unit Composition Pattern 6

A composition where something happened and everthing is jumbled.

Unit A: Random Type 1 (Takami Chika/Sakurauchi Riko/Kurosawa Ruby)
Unit B: Random Type 2 (Matsuura Kanan/Watanabe You/Kunikida Hanamaru)
Unit C: Random Type 3 (Kurosawa Dia/Tsushima Yoshiko/Ohara Mari)

(pics & TL stolen from here)

We could have had both Kurosawa sisters in a unit with Mari to bully them! We could have had a YoshiMaru unit with third wheel Kanan! ChikaRiko with third wheel Dia! Dia constantly angry with Yoshiko and Mari!

I wish they would have waited for the subunits until after the anime.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

3/5 would've been amazing. The Jojo unit with poses, Zurazurazurazurazura, and Roberta E. O. shinywagon

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Random group 6 would have been fun just for Dia dealing with both Yoshiko and Mari at the same time.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Merry Christmas, friends! I translated a Love Live Sunshine Christmas Eve douj (SFW) that the artist posted in "real-time" to their twitter over the last day. It features all the Sunshines, but mostly YoshiMaru, as that's the author's ship. It's super cute!

and now, I'm going to bed.

And I've been TL'ing a good amount of LL doujs. They're on Dynasty, though I imagine most of those that are interested in such things have seen them.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17GJg5nsQ0T40mlRw3P2H9P8QGDicpKPwyhbhv50eLMA/

About a month late on this one since scans didn't show up until earlier this week. I was even considering buying it myself, but luckily, it didn't come to that.
Anyway, here's the School Idol Diary short novel from Volume 3 of the BDs, with entries from Yoshiko, Hanamaru, and Ruby. It's a bit corny, but I thought it was cute. Ruby's story actually made me feel kinda bad for her.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r2l8ytYGDh5NLjLVlWvmtMY9xQnZUiIWmkLZmFNGoFs/edit

Also, here's a sample of Kanan's diary, which comes out with BD5 near the end of this month.

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 4, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yoshiko stressing about how to take a flyer from Chika while still remaining as cool as possible was very cute. So was her trying to give Ruby more confidence (then stealing her milk). What a good friend. :3:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Daxing Dan posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17GJg5nsQ0T40mlRw3P2H9P8QGDicpKPwyhbhv50eLMA/

About a month late on this one since scans didn't show up until earlier this week. I was even considering buying it myself, but luckily, it didn't come to that.
Anyway, here's the School Idol Diary short novel from Volume 3 of the BDs, with entries from Yoshiko, Hanamaru, and Ruby. It's a bit corny, but I thought it was cute. Ruby's story actually made me feel kinda bad for her.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r2l8ytYGDh5NLjLVlWvmtMY9xQnZUiIWmkLZmFNGoFs/edit

Also, here's a sample of Kanan's diary, which comes out with BD5 near the end of this month.

Being not-anime Ruby is suffering.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

quote:

I'm here in a backwoods high school with only one class of students per year

I like how the more the extra stuff goes on about the school the crazier it seems to keep it open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

I actually like Ruby in the diary. Her insecurity over constantly living in her sister's shadow is something that I'd really like to see them delve into if she ever gets a full diary to herself or something.