Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

well he isn't one already i can tell you that much e: also here's my current list in order

Hassan Whiteside
Al Horford
Marc Gasol if he is healthy and keeps shooting and making threes
Rudy Gobert
Deandre Jordan
Karl Tony
DMC
Dwight

then Adams?

this is just from memory though, so I might be missing people

Blake Griffin is p dang good at passing

I think your center list is right on. Might add jokic and Drummond as right there in that tier or under

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Another picture from LeBron's halloween party.
https://twitter.com/kisskhalia_/status/793125912422195200?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

going from cute to A Little Much for LeBron, imo

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
I'm not gonna read all these posts. Has there been discussion on the rather important topic of the Spurs' new HEB ads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs31FIY_l9M

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

R.D. Mangles posted:

going from cute to A Little Much for LeBron, imo

if anything i think lebron doesn't troll the warriors enough.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Wilbur Swain posted:

I'm not gonna read all these posts. Has there been discussion on the rather important topic of the Spurs' new HEB ads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs31FIY_l9M

Yeah, so next time read the posts. Every single one

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Such unrepentant savagery

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
poo poo makes me really sad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Gobert signing a 4/$100 as well.

I am happy for The Go Bear

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

stacey king just came out against the "three alphas" nickname because it detracts from players like Taj Gibson and Michael Carter-Williams

e: "The Bulls are all alphas"

-Stacey King

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Zogo posted:

If you put 2016 Curry and his shooting into the 1980s NBA his team might go 80-2 and sportscasters, gov't agencies would be saying he was an alien or a USSR biogenetic experiment that escaped the lab.

There are a ton of metrics. Curry was better in a lot of them than Kyrie.

Seven games is not much really. I wouldn't draw serious conclusions from anything less than twenty games.

Playoff series of 1, 3, 5 or 7 games (and 9 many years back) have been the pro sports standard in the US for so long that it's accepted.

Name the metrics.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

tatankatonk posted:

What does Steven Adams do really well? I don't mean to be snide, it's just that i've always thought his game is so workmanlike that he just kind of fades into the background until somebody like zach lowe points out that he does X unusually well

Post defense, PnR defense, screens, catching russ's fastballs, finishing around the rim, and rebounding

tatankatonk posted:

So the Thunder's locked up core is: Westbrook, Adams, Oladipo, Kanter? That, uh, doesn't seem like a contender

I fully expect kanter to be traded

Metapod fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 1, 2016

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Steven Adams' sleeve tattoo is extremely cool, that's got to be worth 10 million alone

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not usually down with tattoos but you're right it's pretty great. He reminds me of a 7 foot Khal Drogo.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

kiimo posted:

I'm not usually down with tattoos but you're right it's pretty great. He reminds me of a 7 foot Khal Drogo.

His mom's Tongan, and Tongans have the coolest tattoos on the planet

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
All you need to know is Adams is worth every dollar.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

stacey king just came out against the "three alphas" nickname because it detracts from players like Taj Gibson and Michael Carter-Williams

e: "The Bulls are all alphas"

-Stacey King

King used to be an Alpha commentator, this officially takes his alpha designation away.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

I feel like "top 5" or "top 10" center in the NBA is a label that is tossed around without anyone attempting to count. Kind of like how people throw out "one of the best passing big men" label without attempting to compare to anyone else.
I feel like it's based on that period where there were only a few centres worth anything and people thought really highly of Rasho Nesterovic.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Both of those contracts are good. Do the Thunder actually merchandise with the Buffalo up thing? It's better than their default generic orange poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thunder have given up on resigning Kevin Durant

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Goddamn Spurs will win 55 games forever

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

Thunder have given up on resigning Kevin Durant

they must beat him in the playoffs first

e: durant is like an NBA Street guy who lets you pick him up if you beat his team

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

This is some beautiful god drat poo poo right here

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tanglewood1420 posted:

Goddamn Spurs will win 55 games forever

And they signed Aldridge in his cap hold too right

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

You know Bron froze some of those to eat if they win again this year like a goddamned wedding cake

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoeank posted:

You know Bron froze some of those to eat if they win again this year like a goddamned wedding cake

Money's tight but he probably has enough to get the same baker to make an updated one

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

In the age of Everbody is Friends NBA having tombstone cookies at a Halloween party is clearly an indication that the Warriors would never be invited on the banana boat.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

His mom's Tongan, and Tongans have the coolest tattoos on the planet

Tongans are loving awesome.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cool Buff Man posted:

Money's tight but he probably has enough to get the same baker to make an updated one

He won't be celebrating the new victory. He'll be celebrating the anniversary of the first time he vanquished the Warriors.

Symbolism man.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoeank posted:

He won't be celebrating the new victory. He'll be celebrating the anniversary of the first time he vanquished the Warriors.

Symbolism man.

After they win the next 5 titles he's gonna end up like elaine when she ate the old cake

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shear Modulus posted:

Even if he didn't inherit a 17-win team, he was such a high-profile hire and "get" that the honeymoon period would hopefully last at least a year, but then again I don't know the pulse of Lakers fans.

chunkles posted:

I take it Luke Walton won't get near the amount of slack that Byron Scott got in the hopes that some of those championships had rubbed off on him somehow

Expectations are more realistic this year among fans but all of Byron's media guys are just waiting to pounce on Walton, so we'll see if Lakers fans can stay realistic when talk radio says to fire Walton every day.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Doesn't his wife have a bakery?

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
I'm really happy for Gorgui making $64m, I think that might be more than every other Louisville player put together since Samaki Walker. Francisco Garcia made the most at $31m. Second is like Earl Clark lol

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Doesn't his wife have a bakery?

A cursory search reveals a juice bar, which isn't as cool as a bakery, but still slightly cool

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Cool Buff Man posted:

A cursory search reveals a juice bar, which isn't as cool as a bakery, but still slightly cool
it closed down because it was the most generic concept

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

it closed down because it was the most generic concept

All she needed to do was create a goddamn creative cleveland juice bar. Why can't i get these opportunites

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Walton should get a huge amount of slack unless it looks like he's just completely out of his depth (which already appears not to be the case), that team really doesn't have playoff caliber talent right now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Gobert signing a 4/$100 as well.

Can Gobert be the 2nd best player on a contender? They will have a ton of cap tied up in him for the next few ears while the cap maintains. I really can't decide where Gobert is on the list of valuable pieces.

That is a nice price for Dieng. Now you have a stop-gap 4/5 to play next to KAT and can anchor your 2nd unit if you need or if you find a real 4 to start. For ~15% of your cap that's pretty reasonable.

I'm surprised Dieng didn't test RFA to try to get a 4/80 out of someone.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol anthony bennett is on the nets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My Week 2 Power Rankings:

1. Spurs
2. Cavs
3. Clippers
4. Thunder
5. Three Alphas feturing Taj Gibson and Michael Carter-Williams
6. Hawks
7. Blazers
----(Irrelevant Line is here this week)------
28. Magic
29. Nets
30. Sixers