Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cinara posted:

Holding 1-2 T2 tickets isn't a bad idea for when patches are coming out, you never know what insane bonuses they will give out.

I am actually a bit surprised we have not seen anything with a few new T2s to go with the new Thor movie, guess the timing is too tight with all the Dr. Strange stuff. Thor used to be so good but he has really been left behind. The rest of the cast need some serious help, other than Loki that is, though I wouldn't complain about some extra DPS for him.

They did say the next big content patch was Asgard, so that's where I assume we'll get another event like Strange.

Probably complete with an epic quest for someone. Odin would be sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I would be all over an Odin epic quest with the power level of Strange/Thanos.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

fart simpson posted:

You're the guy that hoards potions in an RPG because what if you need them but then the game ends and you never used them

A little, but we also just got a new batch of characters that seem to be better than most of the current crop. I've already got all the top tier stuff like Carnage, Sharon and Hype.

In a F2P mobile game like this it seems wise to be to only spend your resources when necessary. The developers will throw waves at you designed to deplete your crystals/tickets/etc (we're in one now with the Doctor Strange patch) and make you want to spend money. If I'd burnt all my tickets on say The New Avengers when they came out, I'd not have the stuff to power through large portions of the Doctor Strange quest/work on T2ing stuff like the Ancient One.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

Anyone who has T2 Miles or Gwen, can they solo that horrible Songbird Rumble?

T2 tickets burning a hole in my pocket and I'd like to use it on Miles but not if he won't clear a floor of SL for me

Dude is very delicate and also only gets his cool T2 damage bonus against villains, so no way. Both Gwens should be pretty useful, I cleared it 2 weeks ago with T2 Silk and T1 Spidergwen. I dunno if anyone can solo it because it's one of the worst floors in Shadowrun, but if anyone can, it's one of the Gwens or Elsa.

BGrifter posted:

I have 25 characters either T2 eligible or will be when their T2 comes out, I'm just not convinced any of them are useful enough to justify burning a T2 ticket on right now. So they sit in the inventory while I work on Dr Strange patch characters.

This makes perfect sense if you can already finish Shadowrun I guess.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

punchymcpunch posted:

This makes perfect sense if you can already finish Shadowrun I guess.

Or don't care about finishing Shadowland. :v:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
i'm holding the rest of my t-2s until the end of november because of the next potential asgard update.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

Dude is very delicate and also only gets his cool T2 damage bonus against villains, so no way. Both Gwens should be pretty useful, I cleared it 2 weeks ago with T2 Silk and T1 Spidergwen. I dunno if anyone can solo it because it's one of the worst floors in Shadowrun, but if anyone can, it's one of the Gwens or Elsa.

Dang, eh I'll ticket Silk then

Think I'll mega Hellstrom when I unlock him too, he's a great villain for SL

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BGrifter posted:

A little, but we also just got a new batch of characters that seem to be better than most of the current crop. I've already got all the top tier stuff like Carnage, Sharon and Hype.

In a F2P mobile game like this it seems wise to be to only spend your resources when necessary. The developers will throw waves at you designed to deplete your crystals/tickets/etc (we're in one now with the Doctor Strange patch) and make you want to spend money. If I'd burnt all my tickets on say The New Avengers when they came out, I'd not have the stuff to power through large portions of the Doctor Strange quest/work on T2ing stuff like the Ancient One.

Yeah but you somehow don't have a T2 speed character? Elsa is pretty great

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

fart simpson posted:

Yeah but you somehow don't have a T2 speed character? Elsa is pretty great

Yeah I'll probably bump her up once everything shakes out with the new characters and I know how many T2 tickets I'll need for those. Only one I'm 100% on so far is Ancient One.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tom Gorman posted:

They did say the next big content patch was Asgard, so that's where I assume we'll get another event like Strange.

Probably complete with an epic quest for someone. Odin would be sweet.

Yeah and if previous months are any indication we'll get the new T2s in a week or so. Probably Thor, Jane, Loki, Sif, maybe Destroyer?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

RatHat posted:

So definitely could be better. Even more so when T2ed.

Huh

I tried to use her and her skills are so flashy they choke my phone and it's unplayable.

E: I have 2 tickets and I'll probably cram one into Ancient One but not sure if I want to put my second onto Elsa or GR or Clea or wait

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

There's always another update coming so I just spend my tickets and junk on whoever can help me right now instead of worrying about it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I also can barely get characters ready for T2 faster than the tickets are coming in. I have one T2 ticket left in my inventory and the only eligible hero is Black Widow, with Kamala and Loki as the only fully maxed characters without T2. By the time I get Ancient One or whoever ready, I'll have another ticket from the check in rewards anyway.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fart simpson posted:

There's always another update coming so I just spend my tickets and junk on whoever can help me right now instead of worrying about it

:same:

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

thechalkoutline posted:

Dang, eh I'll ticket Silk then

Think I'll mega Hellstrom when I unlock him too, he's a great villain for SL

Sorry he counts as a hero. So does Satana

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Starrett posted:

That made me look and I notice we have no female villain blast characters at all. Only Sin for Speed and Nebula for combat, too. I'm thinking about T2ing Nebula/YJ/Green Gobbo to flesh out the roster and get some villains around. Would Malekith be a better T2 blast villain? Need the uni, right?

Do any costumes change characters between hero and villain? Seems like an easy move, plenty of people have gotten mind controlled or raised by Nazi's in alternate dimensions at some point in Marvel's history.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

NmareBfly posted:

Do any costumes change characters between hero and villain? Seems like an easy move, plenty of people have gotten mind controlled or raised by Nazi's in alternate dimensions at some point in Marvel's history.

That's basically the plot of the in-game story

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

NmareBfly posted:

Only one I can think of is world war hulk, which swaps him from hero to villain.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

fart simpson posted:

That's basically the plot of the in-game story

oh right :hurr: shows how much attention I pay to the cutscenes.

All the more reason, then! Hell, let me dump 100 debris to swap someone's orientation. Well. Probably more like ten thousand of 'em. F2P, after all.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tom Gorman posted:

Only one I can think of is world war hulk, which swaps him from hero to villain.

Yeah I'm surprised we don't see more of them, especially with characters that have obvious villain versions, Like Gwen as Carnage (which I guess could also be a genderswap costume for Carnage) Heck wasn't Daredevil a villain during shadowlands?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tom Gorman posted:

Mordo and Doc Ock are two more, except they go from Villain to Hero.

EDIT: Also Hulk's other costume, Maestro, is also a Villain.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

All the Thunderbolts should be able to switch from hero to villain, get on it Netmarble Monster.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
7-Day check in event

Full Thanos v. Strange movie, too.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Praise be, this should let me get Mads Mikkelsen to 6* this week.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
I applied to Doctor Goons as Sinistral99 for this dumb game I can't stop playing. Also would people mind telling me who the garbage tier characters are so I don't waste any more selectors on them.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Annnd loving Nox refuses to start up

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sinistral posted:

I applied to Doctor Goons as Sinistral99 for this dumb game I can't stop playing. Also would people mind telling me who the garbage tier characters are so I don't waste any more selectors on them.

Well Loki and Sharon Rogers are two characters you should aim to get to 6* asap. There are a lot of mediocre characters so it's kinda hard to list them all.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Starrett posted:

Gdi Ok I'm gonna mega and T2 Ancient One then, at least another Blast floor

Clawtopsy posted:

T2 Gwen can solo Songbird rumble. She's got enough frames and CC to do it.

e: thanks!

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 1, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

thechalkoutline posted:

Anyone who has T2 Miles or Gwen, can they solo that horrible Songbird Rumble?

T2 tickets burning a hole in my pocket and I'd like to use it on Miles but not if he won't clear a floor of SL for me

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

e: whoops

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009
Would Mordo be a good character to burn this 4-5-6 rank up ticket prize?
I would have Mordo - wiccan - sharon as 6*s blast, would make my 8th 6* too so maybe i could start and do some world boss, maybe?? :ohdear:

At 6* right now I have

Sharon
Loki
Spider-man
Wiccan
Hulkbuster
Venom
Cap Marvel

Venom was my first and I so regret it :emo:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like Ancient One's T2 passive only boosts elemental damage(fire, cold, mind, ect.) and not plain energy or physical damage.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well I finished off Wong, and I had already put 60 bios from Shadowlands into Ancient One so with the 4* from today I got her done also. Working on Kaecilius now and I have 1 mega rank up for Clea, are Satana / Hellstorm any harder to farm than the first 4? I can grab a second mega rank whenever that pops up again which means I should be able to get Strange finished pretty soon if everything works out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You can't use selectors on Satana but I believe you farm her and Hellstorm at the same rate as the previous characters. Clea is the one that's really annoying to get bios for.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Clawtopsy posted:

T2 ant man can solo the lower level songbird rumbles too

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

theghostpt posted:

I would have Mordo - wiccan - sharon as 6*s blast, would make my 8th 6* too so maybe i could start and do some world boss, maybe?? :ohdear:

At 6* right now I have

Sharon
Loki
Spider-man
Wiccan
Hulkbuster
Venom
Cap Marvel

Venom was my first and I so regret it :emo:

No, he's farmable. Use it on the pay to play characters. Sharon, Clea, and Carnage.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

theghostpt posted:

I'd hold it for Clea, who you'll have to rank for Dr. Strange just like Mordo, but she's much harder to grind. With your full list, I don't know that Mordo is going to be the difference between a WB clear and none.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

RatHat posted:

You can't use selectors on Satana but I believe you farm her and Hellstorm at the same rate as the previous characters. Clea is the one that's really annoying to get bios for.

Awesome, if I can grab another mega rank I can use that on Satana and then use my Shadowlands selectors on Hellstorm which should be everything I need for max Strange times. Not super worried about T2ing any of the new characters right away, they all seem good but not game breaking.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, pretty much. Dr. Strange is the only new character who is gamebreakingly good but the others are pretty good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Speaking of T2s, opinions on the best ISO set / Obelisk for T2 Carnage? Should have him done in a day or two depending on luck.

• Locked thread