Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

How does Melissa Benoist possess so much weapons grade adorable? My sister so wants to be her best friend.

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm 6'1" I met SMG too and it was so strange looking down at her.

I get that with a lot of people I see on TV since they aim the camera for normal-height people. One of my dad's co-workers was interviewed for a documentary once and my first thought was "why is she so tall, is my memory wrong?"

And then there's the Conan counterexample, where they use the same camera trickery to make him NOT look like a beanpole giant.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I really want to see a scene with her, Gustin, and Routh.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I really want to see a scene with her, Gustin, and Routh.

I really want to see a scene with Hoechlin, Cain and Routh.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

poo poo's about to get cuter the next arc of the season. There's going to be a musical crossover with Flash. Music Meister, you think? They're begging Neil Patrick Harris to reprise his Brave and the Bold role as Music Meister.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Legends, Flash and Supergirl for me feel like shows I can't actually watch all the way through, but they break down into REALLY enjoyable 30-90 second clips on Youtube.

That just needs to the be CW's gimmick in a year or so: Live-action versions of those Cartoon Network animated DC short. Five ongoing series that are nothing but hour-longs of nothing but 1-5 minute shorts.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
How does supergirl and superman know how much force to use when they are walking to avoid making earthquakes and huge holes in the ground?? Do you think they have super-colons and have to watch how hard they poop so they don't wreck the toilet?

edit: theoretically do you think superman could poop so hard he hurts himself?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dongattack posted:

If I can do it, Superman can do it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dongattack posted:

How does supergirl and superman know how much force to use when they are walking to avoid making earthquakes and huge holes in the ground?? Do you think they have super-colons and have to watch how hard they poop so they don't wreck the toilet?

Serious answer: The sun also gives them the ability to micromanage every aspect of their body and they have to constantly be careful not to do too much. There was a JLU episode where Dr. Destiny made Superman have a nightmare where he didn't have that level of control and crushed Jimmy Olson to death on accident. :haw:

Comedy answer: A closet full of toilets at both residences

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

J'onn is so happy at meeting another Martian.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When does the crossover stuff start? I heard that Sisco comes over to get Supergirl to help fight the dominators, but that could happen either on Flash or Supergirl

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

He just wants to "share the bond" :quagmire: Twist ending for Megan though.

Human rights are for humans - Roulette.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

When does the crossover stuff start? I heard that Sisco comes over to get Supergirl to help fight the dominators, but that could happen either on Flash or Supergirl

My guess is Flash. When is that whole thing kicking off, next week? The week after?

Poor Alex, she just wants to be badass cop buddies with Maggie, and Maggie keeps blowing her off.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Show's just started over on this coast, but I'm guessing Megan is going the Young Justice route of being white.

E: nailed it.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 1, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
LOL, the show moves to the CW and they introduce Daxam, a planet of bad boys.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

LOL, the show moves to the CW and they introduce Daxam, a planet of bad boys.

This show needs more of Winn and Mon-El being hilarious together though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This season is a lot more fun than the first one too.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Goddamn, Maggie is a straight-up tease. No wonder her ex was so hostile.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Heh, I thought this episode was badly-written for the most part with some nice moments sprinkled in. Still enjoyable but, like, the apex "turn off your brain" kind of hour.

I get why Maggie can't touch Roulette, but...why would Kara or Alex care about any of her legal loopholes? They don't work for the police, they work for a black ops government program. They go through their own black ops government channels. Just friggin'....I dunno, toss her in your secret prison or whatever. WHERE'S BARRY ALLEN WHEN YOU ACTUALLY NEED HIM.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Heh, I thought this episode was badly-written for the most part with some nice moments sprinkled in. Still enjoyable but, like, the apex "turn off your brain" kind of hour.

I get why Maggie can't touch Roulette, but...why would Kara or Alex care about any of her legal loopholes? They don't work for the police, they work for a black ops government program. They go through their own black ops government channels. Just friggin'....I dunno, toss her in your secret prison or whatever. WHERE'S BARRY ALLEN WHEN YOU ACTUALLY NEED HIM.

They learned their secret prison lesson in s1.

Now if she was an alien I'm sure she would be in there.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Man, they're really playing the Maggie/Alex angle. Hope they don't weasel out of it in some stupid chickenshit way.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

Poor Alex, she just wants to be badass cop buddies with Maggie, and Maggie keeps blowing her off.

Yeah, gonna say that's not all she wants.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
That Michael Vick was wrong speech was like "do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?" levels of awkward.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The DEO seems less like ARGUS or SHIELD and more like just a secret version of the FBI, and therefor vulnerable to external pressure. Ideally they'd have the ability to deal with people who use aliens illegally as well as the aliens themselves.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

The DEO seems less like ARGUS or SHIELD and more like just a secret version of the FBI, and therefor vulnerable to external pressure. Ideally they'd have the ability to deal with people who use aliens illegally as well as the aliens themselves.

Now that aliens have rights and citizenship the DEO should probably be turned into a kind of alien-specific SWAT team.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

That Michael Vick was wrong speech was like "do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?" levels of awkward.

Yeah, namedropping Michael Vick was a weird, bad choice for that speech.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah Mike Vick was a...less than timely reference. It's been almost a decade since the dogfighting stuff.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Yeah, gonna say that's not all she wants.

I'm not entirely sure Alex realizes that yet.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
It was just retarded, Michael Vick name drop or no "you see, people don't care about aliens, but they love dogs" like really? that was your big quip? Good thing she's ridiculously beautiful even with those silly looking temporary tattoos.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yeah, outside of the Mike Vick :yikes: reference, the episode was really good. Kara is just so drat bubbly about everything, and Mon-El and Wynn will definitely be a good duo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Prrrrrrobably not gonna be so happy when he finds out she's a White Martian.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

twistedmentat posted:

Sure but like, just because pressure is being put on the police doesn't mean it gets put on the "FBI" as well; they're separate departments. The minute Maggie said her hands were tied Alex should've been like "Well, mine aren't. Sic 'em, Supergirl." If Roulette then reveals that she somehow has leverage over the DEO, aka an organization that seems to be authorized by the White House itself...well, that's another thing, but as it stands it just seems like Alex (and Kara, earlier) rolled over too easily on this front.

Urrghgg I should just stop thinking about this so hard.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

My wild guess is that the story that M'Gann told about a White Martian breaking ranks to oppose them is true, but is actually her. She's not evil, simply afraid of how he would react to her being a Whitey.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZDar Fan posted:

My wild guess is that the story that M'Gann told about a White Martian breaking ranks to oppose them is true, but is actually her. She's not evil, simply afraid of how he would react to her being a Whitey.

That's not a guess, that's what it is

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
This actually upsets me, J'onn doesn't deserve to be bait-and-switched like that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's not a guess, that's what it is

Yeah. Now that the storyline made it official: In the comics, Miss Martian is a White Martian by race and pretends to be a Green Martian so people don't flip their poo poo. She's actually pretty nice and sunny but, y'know, race known for war crimes and all.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
.... oh

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah. Now that the storyline made it official: In the comics, Miss Martian is a White Martian by race and pretends to be a Green Martian so people don't flip their poo poo. She's actually pretty nice and sunny but, y'know, race known for war crimes and all.

In the Young Justice cartoon they made it a bit of a transgender-analogue. Did the comics do the same or was she just green to hide rather than "this is who I feel I really am"?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

The clean Wehrmacht White Martian myth.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

In the Young Justice cartoon they made it a bit of a transgender-analogue. Did the comics do the same or was she just green to hide rather than "this is who I feel I really am"?

Nah, she had a constant fear she was going to go full on White Martian one day and wreck everyone's poo poo. With that being said, it's interesting how the White Martians are depicted as asexual but built like human males, regardless of gender.

Also in fine CW tradition here are my top three relationships in this show

3. Wynn/Mon-El (bromance only)
2. Alex/Mags
1. Kara/Ice Cream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
seriously tho kara/ice cream is a hot enough couple you could just

:cool:

melt