Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Harik posted:

Please, don't use the t-word. You're clearly more comfortable with being called a toaster so you should stick with that.

I must admit, though, that I have a hard time believing your gender identity is real when you are so clearly just using it as a club to support comparing people to inanimate objects. I mean, maybe you are transexual AND an rear end in a top hat, but I'm more willing to believe you're just the latter.

Please please please don't quote this loving rear end in a top hat and ruin this brand new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

canepazzo posted:

I guess, indeed, "check out sex tape"

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/793310080699658240

(not buying this one, too much even for this loving election)
I like how reality turned into the hackiest seasons of Veep and The Americans ever merged into one.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Harik posted:

Please, don't use the t-word. You're clearly more comfortable with being called a toaster so you should stick with that.

I must admit, though, that I have a hard time believing your gender identity is real when you are so clearly just using it as a club to support comparing people to inanimate objects. I mean, maybe you are transexual AND an rear end in a top hat, but I'm more willing to believe you're just the latter.

It is my personal choice to call myself a tranny. I am not ashamed of who I am.
hey we're back to de-legitimizing a person's gender identity because they have different political views
Sorry, but there's a lot of LGBT voting Trump. That's reality. This isn't a party line election, gay and trans people can read wikileaks too.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Please please please don't quote this loving rear end in a top hat and ruin this brand new thread.

I won't be any more, I just felt it was important to get that link out there so anyone who didn't know who this guy was could catch up before taking the bait this time around.

Did you catch my reply about the president and asset forfeiture?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/793367355925622784

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Straight into my veins.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

canepazzo posted:

Yeah please don't be true. Hillary and the Senate are fine winning on their own. Being true means there exists a trump sex tape. No one wants that.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

canepazzo posted:

that appears nowhere in the article though

also, don't misgender people even if they're being disagreeable idiots

edrith fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 1, 2016

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Harik posted:

I won't be any more, I just felt it was important to get that link out there so anyone who didn't know who this guy was could catch up before taking the bait this time around.

Did you catch my reply about the president and asset forfeiture?

Just scrolled back and found it, sorry I missed it. You make good points, but it's still more of a legislature thing than an executive branch thing. We really overestimate what the president can personally effect, especially in election years.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Best title, can't wait for the season finale!

When was the first time some media jackasses started speculating on 2020? Like March, after some primary or other? :getin:

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

freckle posted:

:lol:

gently caress off.

Offense White Black
Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter 8,341 4,000 4,149
Forcible rape 14,611 9,504 4,811
Robbery 82,436 35,443 45,827
Aggravated assault 305,220 194,981 102,597
Violent crime2 410,608 243,928 157,384

Population
White: 77.1%
Black 13.3%

Source: fbi https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Ahh that's the stuff. Fix acquired.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Cingulate, posters telling you that looking in from outside as a eurokid circa 2003 your grasp of the US media environment and internal political pressures is not in fact an unimpeachable reflection of soberly-derived consideration that any US pol could have been reasonably held to, is not unconditional criticism, or an attack. It is a very specific explanation of why you were wrong on that count.
Oh, I don't mean what I received for that one. The Iraq War discussion on the last few pages was reasonably even-handed. I mean the intensity with which people get piled on with absolute full-on attacks whenever they go against some consensus. You have a bunch of people here, all of which agree Clinton should be elected. Now one of them also says something like "I like Stein on a bunch of points, also something something wifi magic wizard cancer something". An appropriate response to that would be: "I think Stein is very far from a reasonable position on these because reasons. Also wifi is completely safe. Don't worry."
Instead it's these stupid team politics. "If you're not 100% on board, you're on Team Orange Fascism somehow!"

I also don't want to be read as saying I don't emphasize with some of the reasons why hundreds of millions of Americans made the stupid choice in 03. I understand it's a lot easier to have a realistic picture of something like that reading Le Monde Diplomatique in Germany than reading the NYT in NYC, literally next to the ruins of WTC1.
Still, if you were paying attention at the time, and a lot of people were, you could immediately see this was going to be another awful war and the given pretenses were bad.

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

You know that instantly associating Trump supporters with nazi-ism is the exact same thought process that makes white supremacists associate blacks with violent crime, except at least one of them has a basis in factual data?

White supremacists are horrible, but even their views have more merit than the disgusting hate you spread.
Actually, white supremacy is literally one of the the Worst Things Ever, cf. Holocaust

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cingulate posted:

Actually, white supremacy is literally one of the the Worst Things Ever, cf. Holocaust

Hi guy who only posts to let the thread know he's better than everyone. Could you please not quote the crazy racist rear end in a top hat who's only here to poo poo up the thread and eat attention for food?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

This isn't a party line election
It is, with the lone exception that Trump has a disproportionally low share of the GOP vote.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
But a disproportionately large share of the vote in our hearts.

E:Didn't notice who he was replying too, my bad.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Offense White Black
Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter 8,341 4,000 4,149
Forcible rape 14,611 9,504 4,811
Robbery 82,436 35,443 45,827
Aggravated assault 305,220 194,981 102,597
Violent crime2 410,608 243,928 157,384

Population
White: 77.1%
Black 13.3%

Source: fbi https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43

It's almost as if there might be more at play here! Like education and poverty! (Correlation=/=causation and I can't believe I have to remind you of that on D&D).

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Yes, and after you control for income?

Just scrolled back and found it, sorry I missed it. You make good points, but it's still more of a legislature thing than an executive branch thing. We really overestimate what the president can personally effect, especially in election years.

Absolutely. My only point was that if the legislature are spending 16 years stalling any legislative changes, there are some levers the President can still pull. With the unpopularity of CAF in general, the states that rely on the Federal kickbacks probably couldn't pass state-level replacements.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Cingulate posted:

So you think racism is worse than transphobia? Because I think white supremacy is one of the most horrible things in the world too, I just think that the posters in this thread are equally reprehensible and bigoted people.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Yeah please don't be true. Hillary and the Senate are fine winning on their own. Being true means there exists a trump sex tape. No one wants that.

We know Trump's had sex, though. At least... What, four, five times? How many kids does he have again? And that's assuming he never forced anyone into an abortion like has been speculated, and that none of the rape charges are true. The existence or lack thereof for such a tape wouldn't change this, so I'm not horrified by the potential existence of one.

I sure as hell wouldn't watch it, though.

Also please stop quoting Tashan everyone, she's a terrible racist and says awful transphobic things (and also sexist ones; not sure if she's managed to be homophobic yet but I wouldn't doubt it) while simultaneously using her identity to try to silence any criticism. She really sucks and has no intention of arguing in good faith, and I still stand by my first assessment of her as garbage.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 1, 2016

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Queen Gnome posted:

It's almost as if there might be more at play here! Like education and poverty! (Correlation=/=causation and I can't believe I have to remind you of that on D&D).

The person you are responding to is mentally ill and/or a troll and will never, ever stop. They seriously pulled this poo poo for hours yesterday. Please don't encourage them.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Cingulate stop quoting the troll you loving idiot, your own lovely opinions will be sufficient to piss off the thread

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

canepazzo posted:

An orgy sex tape would only hurt Trump if he's shown to be loving men, clearly underage girls, or women who are not at least 6.5's.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Queen Gnome posted:

We aren't talking about "why blacks commit more violent crime" so quit moving the goalposts on an argument you can't win. We're not talking about why blacks commit more violent crime. That would be an entirely different topic. Do you think I'm a retard who doesn't know this? My partner is black.

My statement was that Blacks commit more violent crime. A poster in this thread said "No." I backed my statement with factual evidence from a very credible source, thus giving it more value and credibility than the refutation. I can't believe I have to remind you of that on D&D.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inferior Third Season posted:

An orgy sex tape would only hurt Trump if he's shown to be loving men, clearly underage girls, or women who are not at least 6.5's.

What if he is getting pegged by 6.5+'s?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

freckle posted:

What if he is getting pegged by 6.5"+'s?

ftfy

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
See everybody, that's who you sound like when you say "blacks" instead of "black people."

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
We could just apply the don't touch the poop guideline in the freep thread to corn cob. No real difference.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

By the way, thank you for being the most sane person in this thread yesterday.
Also all the things I was trying to tell you about trying to have a healthy relationship with your parents eventually.. I didn't know you lived with them. You should definitely get out of that situation before considering opening up to them. And if they're really like how you said in your last post before I was probated, it might be for the best to not even bother trying. When I was talking about changing transphobes' minds, I was mostly talking about borderline cases; if they're straight up trans bashers they may be beyond saving.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Nov 1, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

We could just apply the don't touch the poop guideline in the freep thread to corn cob. No real difference.

I pray to Lowtax every night that New Forums will have, instead of Forums Cancer, Forums Corncob

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Man I can't wait to vote.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Man I can't wait to vote.

Just lol if you haven't voted multiple times in multiple states already.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

See everybody, that's who you sound like when you say "blacks" instead of "black people."

My favorite is "African-American" which others Black people of non-African descent and instantly assumes anybody with black skin is an American.

"Blacks" is not a racist term and has no racist tone. gently caress off.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry for quoting Tashan everyone, I thought I was committing a victimless crime :( Also I'm easily baited.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Cingulate posted:

I'm sorry for quoting Tashan everyone, I thought I was committing a victimless crime :( Also I'm easily baited.

:respek:

The ignore button makes baiting impossible

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
No literally I'm not even trolling, people who have an issue with the term "black" are perpetuating some of the most demeaningly condescending poo poo towards the black community. Just like the person telling me, a transgender woman, that I have to feel offended when I hear "tranny" and I'm not allowed to call myself that or acknowledge within my personal identity the reality of who I am.

It makes these people feel ashamed to be who they are. gently caress off, being a tranny or being black isn't a bad thing, quit implying it is.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 1, 2016

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

WeAreTheRomans posted:

:respek:

The ignore button makes baiting impossible

And if that doesn't work just read your bible until the urges subside

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I dunno, there's a lot of weird sex stuff in the bible. This could severely backfire.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Man for all his faults it just really hit me that Trump's the only GOP candidate I can remember who didn't run on All Jesus All the Time. I wonder if that will ever happen again.

• Locked thread