Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Moochewmoo posted:

About to rank 3 medic. Any exceptional guns? The scope ones feel very constricted. I just want my bullets to go where I aim.
Everyone says to use the Selbstadler or whatever but for some reason my aim just loving tanks whenever I use it. Mondragon Storm is my choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

I was owning dudes with the arty truck yesterday. I think I ran over three dudes in one line.

Plus a ton of other kills.

Stevey and I were murdering with tanks today.

We had a good round on Sinai last night with the flame tank and arty truck going.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope the next BF game is a proper Command & Conquer total conversion, with Mammoth Tanks, Flame Tanks, Light Barrage Missile launchers. A special class Tanya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqnd4Qqq_1c

It would fit so well with this iteration of the BF engine... imagine a mamoth tank crushin the buildings in a town infected with tiberium, while flame troops clean the infantry inside, then a tanya appears and kills the tank with explosives and kill the flame dudes with akimbo pistols.

+I would love to see a remix of Hell March with the BF theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUWUtTZvK4

But I am liking the slowest speed of combat of WW1 too.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 1, 2016

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tei posted:

I hope the next BF game is a proper Command & Conquer total conversion, with Mammoth Tanks, Flame Tanks, Light Barrage Missile launchers. A special class Tanya.

It would fit so well with this iteration of the BF engine... imagine a mamoth tank crushin the buildings in a town infected with tiberium, while flame troops clean the infantry inside, then a tanya appears and kills the tank with explosives and kill the flame dudes with akimbo pistols.

Look at this motherfucking scrub not knowing Tanya was in Red Alert not Tiberian Dawn/Sun

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Biplane posted:

Look at this motherfucking scrub not knowing Tanya was in Red Alert not Tiberian Dawn/Sun

True that. My memory is weak after all this time.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 1, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

How can anybody say that Assault is weak when the Automatico and Hellreigle exist :psyduck:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Oh you like to long range snipe, Wookiee? Lemme try: http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/59b810df-80f0-4711-9ed6-ba5b9d2227ed/embed

Also features a stevey cameo

FastestGunAlive fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 1, 2016

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Is there a website that simply lists which classes have which weapons, maybe with some pictures and possibly stats? Because there's about a thousand youtube "Hot tips on how to play (class)" and "pre-alpha weapon spoilers" just utter garbage useless waste of space websites that don't do that but dominate the first 100 pages of any vaguely related google search.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Finger Prince posted:

Is there a website that simply lists which classes have which weapons, maybe with some pictures and possibly stats? Because there's about a thousand youtube "Hot tips on how to play (class)" and "pre-alpha weapon spoilers" just utter garbage useless waste of space websites that don't do that but dominate the first 100 pages of any vaguely related google search.

http://symthic.com/bf1-stats

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

That's the one. Thanks!

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Tei posted:

I never realized how much I want C&C Renegade on the frostbite engine until now.

Is Westwood still a company?

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.

sbaldrick posted:

Has anyone not been able to see the end of game stats since the server problems on the weekend

about 2 out of 5 dont show for me it seems

and its ALWAYS the round where I absolutely rekt and rampaged

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Oh you like to long range snipe, Wookiee? Lemme try: http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/59b810df-80f0-4711-9ed6-ba5b9d2227ed/embed

Also features a stevey cameo

I wish recording clips wasn't such a hassle with BF1. If I use kinect to record it takes forever and slows my game down for like 10 seconds.

If I try to double tap the guide button, then hit X to record, it slows my system and then takes me to the laggy "pause" screen.

Makes it real hard to capture dope dive bombing footage.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Goddamn the A10 Hunter is a monster.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Finger Prince posted:

That's the one. Thanks!

Just destroyed a battleship with a bomber. :feelsgood:

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

Just destroyed a battleship with a bomber. :feelsgood:

You're my hero if it was the torpedo bomber.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Everyone says to use the Selbstadler or whatever but for some reason my aim just loving tanks whenever I use it. Mondragon Storm is my choice.

The Selbstadler doesn't recover quite as fast from recoil as it lets you shoot, you kind of need to get a feel for the gun's rhythm (and when you can ammo dump). Once you get that down it's a total beast.

It's also probably not as good if you really prefer iron sights, since the Selbstadler has a factory version where the Mondragon gets a storm variant. But the Marksman variant unlocks at like Rank 2 and has a crazy good scope so it doesn't really matter- just set zoom to 2.5x and the reticle to something you like and you've got an amazing all-rounder weapon.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Ugh, the main thread told me the BAR was a good gun. Maybe I bought the wrong one. But the BAR trench is hot garbage. Really intrusive ironsights, a mass of bullet spread, and with only 20 bullets good luck killing both those dudes you are shooting at (and missing). I will try the telescopic, one day, but for now I feel like I wasted 200 warbonds. Back to the Benet Mercie which outclasses it at every range and in every situation.

I was much happier with the automatic 8.25 extended I bought for my medic. That's a solid gun. 20 shots, fast reload, and a lovely tinny sound to the bolt. This is a gun I can get behind.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
The MG15 with a scope and chevron reticle is now officially my main.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Parkingtigers posted:

Ugh, the main thread told me the BAR was a good gun. Maybe I bought the wrong one. But the BAR trench is hot garbage. Really intrusive ironsights, a mass of bullet spread, and with only 20 bullets good luck killing both those dudes you are shooting at (and missing). I will try the telescopic, one day, but for now I feel like I wasted 200 warbonds. Back to the Benet Mercie which outclasses it at every range and in every situation.

I was much happier with the automatic 8.25 extended I bought for my medic. That's a solid gun. 20 shots, fast reload, and a lovely tinny sound to the bolt. This is a gun I can get behind.

The BAR is a lot more user friendly with the AA sights but it still feels like an Assault weapon that got misfiled.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Born in Bexhill posted:

You're my hero if it was the torpedo bomber.

Nope, haven't unlocked that yet. I did buy the anti tank attack plane, but haven't got much luck with that so far.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Parkingtigers posted:

That's your problem. The BAR Trench is the perfect lmg for running in with a mask on and hip firing fucks in a sea of gas.

All the bar variants are good you just gotta get a feel for them. The trench can be a beast in close to medium range though.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

BAR never really clicked for me either, I'm like 2 or 3 times better on average with the Benet-Mercie or MG15 than the BAR.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Where do i get a sweet goon emblem from?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
http://i.imgur.com/XCmr7PT.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 1, 2016

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
This spreadsheet was in the BF4 thread. You might have to import these into Battlelog and hope they transfer to the BF1 companion since I doubt they've been updated with the new emblem editor.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Auxiliary Treats posted:

This spreadsheet was in the BF4 thread. You might have to import these into Battlelog and hope they transfer to the BF1 companion since I doubt they've been updated with the new emblem editor.

My old one transferred over to BF1 without me doing anything.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

Nope, haven't unlocked that yet. I did buy the anti tank attack plane, but haven't got much luck with that so far.

That one didn't click with me either. The alternate vehicle loadouts are really neat though. The howitzer light tank is my new hot poo poo.

But I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to skewer some lonely rifleman with a torpedo
If possible.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

RCarr posted:

I think you have to go into the phone/web app and select your emblem again for BF1. But the list in the app should have all of the emblems you used for BF4.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

RCarr posted:

Yeah, anything that you had previously in Battlelog should have been available to use. Some of the shapes in the new editor are slightly different so I have 1 or 2 that don't show up in the companion app. The codes in the spreadsheet are from the old one so they only work in Battlelog.

E: There's an easy workaround if an emblem doesn't show up in the new app. Equip it through Battlelog and it should carry over.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 1, 2016

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

swordfish duelist posted:

I never realized how much I want C&C Renegade on the frostbite engine until now.

Is Westwood still a company?

yeah holy gently caress MEMORIES

I remember the game being not that great but not giving half a poo poo because it was FIRST PERSON C&C so I had a lot of fun. Wow BF C&C :gizz:

This broke rear end greenscreen airsoft camcorder poo poo will always be the tanya I remember tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8NKDbCtU_E

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It is equal parts hilarious and infuriating to watch self 'taught' milhist types implode about this game on streams.

*in fat snarky british voice* don't they know biplanes didn't have rockets??? did they get micheal bay to do their research!?!?!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Had an understrength team on Empires Edge, we were getting our poo poo kicked in big time. The dreadnaught was sent in early, and I jumped on hoping to get a chance to fire the big guns. Sadly the only spot left were the AA guns, so I sat in the landward side gun sulking because last time I was in that seat I got to shoot down maybe one plane. Well, not this time. I singlehandedly kept that boat afloat. Killed 6 bombers, and 5 torpedo boats, and even got to pick off a couple of infantry on the shore for good measure. :black101:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kite chat: I'm a aero enthusiast and I think the forward shooter on the big kit is quite good at hitting on all sixes. I routinely cause all the rag-a-muffins to scram from the points when I'm putting on the ritz at 400ft agl.

:stonkhat:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I find the attack where a plane drop a bunch of grenades hilarious cheese and efective. Why nobody told me WW1 was this fun?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Trench plane best plane. You can get on top of bombers and poo poo and just rip them apart with the shotgun thing it has.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I've finally found something about this game I hate, idiot pubbies that jump in front of guns so you die and they can shot st the behind the

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Moochewmoo posted:

Trench plane best plane. You can get on top of bombers and poo poo and just rip them apart with the shotgun thing it has.

Woaaah what, the trench fighter? Thanks for the hot tip, was saving my bonds for the depression

God drat flying is fun in this game, although it's way laggier for me than flying in SWBF for some reason

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

The spawns are hilariously bad, I mean :dice: wowed me with some of the shittiest BF4 spawns imaginable but these? Pure bliss.

Spawn in the middle of four enemies, going down an alley. I did get a kill on one of the ones ahead of me before the ones behind me got me, so there was that.

Spawn on fire.

Spawn in front of tank.

Spawn on fire, again.

I can understand spawning into bad poo poo (like gas, wheeeee!) if you spawn on a squad mate but some these were attempts to spawn on capture points. The claim is you are spawned further away depending on the number of enemies nearby/on a capture point but what's the excuse for being dropped into the middle of them anyway?

I long for servers that have only one or three maps instead of having to go through so many I don't enjoy, to get to the ones I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I've been trying the model 10 slug... Man I want to love it but 93 damage. 93. And you almost never get a chance to take a second shot. Meanwhile you get one-shotted from across the map by any number of rifles.