Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm sorry in advance for spamming you with this in multiplayer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ahhh there's so much cool poo poo that I'm not going to have any mythril for. I wanted to buy some of these costumes and get more orbs but it's hard not to spend all my stamina grinding out the rest of these classic / elite dungeons for mythril instead. I've got a pretty big pile of them left.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Ahhh there's so much cool poo poo that I'm not going to have any mythril for. I wanted to buy some of these costumes and get more orbs but it's hard not to spend all my stamina grinding out the rest of these classic / elite dungeons for mythril instead. I've got a pretty big pile of them left.

Tbh, get the costumes you want first. There's no guarantee those'll come back any time soon, while the dungeon mythril will always be there, and good relics may return in future banners.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Strongly seconding "get the costumes first".

Banner format changes again after... well, it was after OSBfest in Japan, let's say "starting with the next FF8 event". Month or so.

Bursts and OSBs start showing up as three on the banner instead of two, as the OSBs are "bonus" instead of knocking off a Burst, and eventually they catch on and go "Oh no one's going to bother with just Bursts like this" and all the banners flip to three.

I feel like the only thing worth going for in the current format is OSBfest(which had four OSB/Burst assuming it stays similar) and Onion 1(which is just because it's Breaks for a powerful character that has them mysteriously not show the hell up...).

That Mythril will be pretty useful still, trust me. (Hell, even that FF8 set has some good stuff. Strange Vision's up again on a banner actually worth drawing on.)

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
A Message from the Management Team
We detected an unauthorized action during your raid. You are currently banned from playing FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper.

Don't cheat in multiplayer~

Also, the translated name for the D200/D250 dungeons is Torment Dungeon.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hmm, I think that Halloween 25 Mythril is gonna go straight to the Buff Lucky Draw. Another chance at Protector's Roar would be great, plus also a chance at Strange Vision and Sheepsong. In fact, if it comes after OK his BSB will be in there, too.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
These are starting today. They're just "normal" banners, with higher rates on the featured items and the usual prices.

Banner 1

(11/1 5:00PM PST - 11/4 4:59PM PST)

Lightbringer (VI) - Celes BSB, Maria's Song
Wizer Rod (VII) - Aerith BSB, White Materia
Artemis Bow (IV) - Rosa SSB, Divine Heal
Mace of Zeus (V) - Lenna SSB, Pride of Tycoon
Beast Killer (VIII) - Quistis SSB, Cerberus
Healing Staff (Tactics) - Ovelia SSB, Princess's Prayer
Yoichi's Bow (V) - Faris SB, Sea Lord's Broadside

Banner 2

(11/4 5:00PM PST - 11/7 4:59PM PST)

Razzmatazz (X) - Tidus BSB, Abes All-star
Keeper's Tome (Core) - Tyro BSB, Keeper's Tome
Titan's Glove (V) - Galuf SSB, Unshaken Resolve
Shortbarrel (VII) - Vincent SSB, Bestial Roar
Crystal Glove (VIII) - Zell SSB, Combat King
Punisher (IX) - Kuja SSB, Darkflare Star
Dark Plate (I) - Garland SB, Chaos Cyclone

Banner 3

(11/7 5:00PM PST - 11/10 4:59PM PST)

Flame Staff (IX), Vivi BSB, Proof of Existence
Ninurta (XIII), Hope BSB, Divine Judgment
Mystic Whip (IV), Rydia SSB, Odin
Fire Lash (V), Krile SSB, Sheepsong
Shiny Thing (VI), Gau SSB, Meteor Rage
Fairy Flute (IX), Eiko SSB, Flames of Rebirth
Luminous Robe (VI), Relm SB, Brush Up

Banner 4

(11/10 5:00PM PST - 11/13 4:59PM PST)

Excalibur (IV), Paladin Cecil BSB, Paladin Force
The Ogre (IX), Zidane BSB, Stellar Circle 5
Seraphic Rod (I), Echo SSB, Hastening Gift
Magic Comb (VII), Red XIII SSB, Stardust Ray
Golden Hairpin (IX), Quina SSB, Frog Drop
Omnirod (XIV), Y'shtola SSB, Aetherial Pulse
Heroic Scarf (VI), Mog SB, Heroic Harmony

Hogama fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 1, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bad Boy Brawl, featuring a prettyboy, a child that works in a library, and a dad.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

IcePhoenix posted:

Bad Boy Brawl, featuring a prettyboy, a child that works in a library, and a dad.

GRANDdad. :colbert: Honestly I don't know why they promote Galuf over Zell when Combat King is DPS Spam Mode Activate and Unshaken Resolve is just a niche invincipunch.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Honestly I don't know why they promote Galuf over Zell when Combat King is DPS Spam Mode Activate and Unshaken Resolve is just a niche invincipunch.

Just ordered numerically by realm, from BSB -> SSB -> SB, so whoever had the first SSB got on the picture. I'd have featured Sheepsong, too.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

GRANDdad. :colbert: Honestly I don't know why they promote Galuf over Zell when Combat King is DPS Spam Mode Activate and Unshaken Resolve is just a niche invincipunch.

Probably because someone went through the SSB list of each Banner by Game Order and picked the first character...

Edit: Beaten with more elaboration on the topic.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hogama posted:

Just ordered numerically by realm, from BSB -> SSB -> SB, so whoever had the first SSB got on the picture. I'd have featured Sheepsong, too.

Also I somehow don't think Echo is going to get any interest stirred up for that last banner.

I'm not surprised we have no Grandmasters event in the wings, honestly, though it does concern me about the fates of Ayame/Curilla/Ice Storm. There's no reason they would keep us from getting those (unlike the WoFF/FFMobius characters, FF11 characters are explicitly FF11 characters and will likely just be tossed to us as an afterthought either in the Hall of Rites or otherwise) but we also don't know what their ultimate plans are.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I couldn't remember so I went with the safe option since a Granddad is still a dad.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
None of the banners are really impressing me. The fest-format isn't that great when all you have is old relics to work with, no new toys to aim for. :shrug:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FFRK updates posted:

We have discovered that some players did not recieve the Halloween presents previously announced. The presents include 25 Mythril and two pieces of Halloween equipment.

These presents will be sent to affected players at 11:59 PM 11/6 PST.

loving what.

So we have to wait a week for no given reason, and are just being told "yeah deal with it, it was a gift anyway"? That seems a bit. Frustrating, especially for people who were hoping to pull on the Larsa banners with that.

To say nothing of the fact we apparently have a loving bannerfest coming. It doesn't even matter that the banners are relatively crap, it's more the principle of the thing, and kind of a giant middle finger out of nowhere.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 1, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Uh, ok. I looked at the Relic Draw meny briefly, and it gave me a popup for the curated debuff banner that global didn't get, and was replaced by the lucky draw instead. :v:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Man, that wait's inconvenient. The FFX event is next, correct? That's one I wanna pull on but I wouldn't have the mythril to pull without the 25 Halloween mythril.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Where's my Mog SSB? :smithicide:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Armitage posted:

Man, that wait's inconvenient. The FFX event is next, correct? That's one I wanna pull on but I wouldn't have the mythril to pull without the 25 Halloween mythril.

Yeah, Tidus OSB/Wedding Yuna event is the next on the roster. After that is FF13-2 (Noel, generally a 'skip' on the banners), FF4 (Kain BSB hype), and then the holy grail of Onion Knight's banners.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

KataraniSword posted:

loving what.

So we have to wait a week for no given reason, and are just being told "yeah deal with it, it was a gift anyway"? That seems a bit. Frustrating, especially for people who were hoping to pull on the Larsa banners with that.

To say nothing of the fact we apparently have a loving bannerfest coming. It doesn't even matter that the banners are relatively crap, it's more the principle of the thing, and kind of a giant middle finger out of nowhere.

Welp, I'm done spending money on this game.

Armitage posted:

You'll have the mythril to pull on it before the event ends though. Which is more than I can say.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 1, 2016

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, Tidus OSB/Wedding Yuna event is the next on the roster. After that is FF13-2 (Noel, generally a 'skip' on the banners), FF4 (Kain BSB hype), and then the holy grail of Onion Knight's banners.

Yeah, my X synergy is still lacking so I definitely need to invest in a pull there. I'm in need of physical synergy for FFIV so I need to pull there too. Not enough mythril for OK though and FF4 is likely the last banner I will toss money at.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ETB posted:

Where's my Mog SSB? :smithicide:

It jumped off a cliff like all the other moogles. :smith:

In honesty, though, I wouldn't be surprised if we got it rolled into OSBfest somehow, though admittedly I have no way to back that claim up.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
So how hard is Omega supposed to be in this coliseum dungeon?

edit: or is this the exact same one as the first time around?

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 1, 2016

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Armitage posted:

Thankfully you were planning on using those on the Over-Tidus Banners, as you'll still have both on the 6th...

That said, I might need to break both my egg and lode stashes so Agrias is ready for the Magus Sisters: Aside of Fran, my 65+ Girls are heavily Magic-oriented.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

You'll have the mythril to pull on it before the event ends though. Which is more than I can say.

Sup, fellow player being hosed out of an 11-pull on Larsa

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

AstraSage posted:

Thankfully you were planning on using those on the Over-Tidus Banners, as you'll still have both on the 6th...

Yeah, right now I have 30 mythril, just not a heck of a lot of resources to get mythril from at this point though. I still do need to do the elites from the recent FFXIII Dungeon Update though.

Man I need to save for the lucky draw for the net Dungeon Update too :argh:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ugh I want to 11 pull on banners 1 and 4 solely for Lightbringer and Excalibur IV, but I only have 49 mythril...

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
For the people who needed the Halloween Mythril to pull on a Larsa banner, I feel you, but it might be worth shooting an e-mail to support in order to ask them to extend the event. Event extensions are not unheard of, it happened with Shirtless Sephiroth when they messed up the CM conditions (which was in our favor, to boot) and since they apparently can't deliver the hanging Mythril before the ETA, this might be your best shot at it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

For the people who needed the Halloween Mythril to pull on a Larsa banner, I feel you, but it might be worth shooting an e-mail to support in order to ask them to extend the event. Event extensions are not unheard of, it happened with Shirtless Sephiroth when they messed up the CM conditions (which was in our favor, to boot) and since they apparently can't deliver the hanging Mythril before the ETA, this might be your best shot at it.

I actually did that already!

At least I hope I did, when you go to the DeNa support page they send you to the strategy guide and the support link there is only for the guide, so it took a bit of googling and guessing to send it to what I hope was the right e-mail.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Armitage posted:

Yeah, right now I have 30 mythril, just not a heck of a lot of resources to get mythril from at this point though. I still do need to do the elites from the recent FFXIII Dungeon Update though.

Man I need to save for the lucky draw for the net Dungeon Update too :argh:

Goddammit, don't remind me of the Lucky Draws: The recent barrage threw off my entire Mythril Saving Plans...

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Does the mythril appear in your inbox or do they dump it unceremoniously into your total?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

:stare: The FF12 U fight dropped a 6* power crystal for me :stare:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also for those who missed it, they swapped the next Dungeon Lucky Draw from XI/V/VIII to VII/V/VIII instead. Last chance for Clear Tranquil!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also for those who missed it, they swapped the next Dungeon Lucky Draw from XI/V/VIII to VII/V/VIII instead. Last chance for Clear Tranquil!

I do have to wonder what's going to happen with XI relics, though. I don't doubt we'll eventually get Ayame and Curila, but without the Grandmasters event, there's no real good, solid place to get their relics even if they're released later.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

I do have to wonder what's going to happen with XI relics, though. I don't doubt we'll eventually get Ayame and Curila, but without the Grandmasters event, there's no real good, solid place to get their relics even if they're released later.

Best compromise I could think of would be to fold them into the Gold Fest banners and release the characters at the same time, or put them into the WoFF banner in place of the non-Lann/Reynn relics. Otherwise they're kind of stuck until the next Fest at least.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
For those who missed out on the 25 for Larsa 2 just think of it as 25 more mythril for an actual good banner like FFXIV, OK, or Orlandeau.

With hotness like that within the next few months I may even break my rule of always pulling on half-price draws.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I was going to say it would be on the Revenge Lucky Draw but that only has Earthshaker.

And after looking at it, it is not a good banner, like really not a good banner. 2 BSB (Lightning and Cloud), 10 SSB (Ranging in quality from Cloud's Organics to Porom's Medica + Hastega), 18 SBs (The best SB being either Zack's Tseng and Stun SB, Golbez's Ebon Armor for dark boosting or Vanille's Medica + Protectga).

I only have 2 dupes on this banner and it's Cloud's BSB and Porom's SSB, so the quality is even worse. Your chance of getting a BSB or SSB per Mythril is about the same as a current banner too, and odds are this banner will give you a worse BSB or SSB then any current banner.

This might be the first Lucky Banner I skip.

The item list on reddit if you want to see.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

acumen posted:

For those who missed out on the 25 for Larsa 2 just think of it as 25 more mythril for an actual good banner like FFXIV, OK, or Orlandeau.

With hotness like that within the next few months I may even break my rule of always pulling on half-price draws.

I had mythril budgeted for those banners already though.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I'm sorry in advance for spamming you with this in multiplayer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:wow:

Is there a full list of these stamps somewhere?

• Locked thread