Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Orv
May 4, 2011

Songbearer posted:

Don't get all the hate for the office level, it's easily my favourite one. Lots of variance in room size and cover and there's still lots of ways to parkour onto the enemy come titan phase.

The real garbo map you should turn your ire towards is the gigantic outdoors one with barely any indoors sections. It's the complete antithesis of all the things that make this game so awesome, barely any cover, little to no chance to parkour and all your approaches are blindingly obvious. It's good for titan phase and not much else.

Office is great if only because anyone who ejects from a nuke titan eats their own nuke reliably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Magnus Condomus posted:

So something I noticed that I really like about how this game handles reloads. It members what stage of a reload animation you were in instead of starting the whole dang thing over, and it remembers if you have a round in the chamber or not. Reloading when empty takes significantly longer than reloading a partial.

It always bugged the hell out of me in games like Destiny when they'd cycle the slide or pump the shotgun even though a live round should still be in there.

The thing I lik about reloads is that you can cancel the animation into your tactical and it will still reload your weapon

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Anybody else get this glitch at the beginning of "Trial by Fire?" It persisted even after power cycling my xbone. Warning, campaign spoilers, it's the intro to a pretty late game level.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/runchild/video/23039683

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Wish you could cancel grappling hook by left clicking so you could go immediately into shooting. I know you can middle click but in the heat of the moment it's not the easiest thing to remember

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is there something I'm doing wrong for Nuclear Eject, I never get it to work on PS4. Do I just hold square or is there some other thing I need to do

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It only works when your titan is doomed.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Is there a way to disable the toggle on zooming in (RMB2)? So instead of it toggling you have to press and hold it down to aim?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Etrips posted:

Is there a way to disable the toggle on zooming in (RMB2)? So instead of it toggling you have to press and hold it down to aim?

Yeah, it's under Keybindings, there's Toggle Aim and just Aim

Edit: same for Toggle Crouch and Crouch

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Etrips posted:

Yes, it's in the key bindings.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Ah ha! Thanks

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

CuddlyZombie posted:

Is this better on PC, where there is mouse and keyboard, or does this have more players on PS4?

I play on PS4 using a XIM4 and never have to wait long at all to find games, population seems pretty solid at all hours of the day. I've heard complaints that only 1 or 2 game modes are populated on PC, but that doesn't seem to be the case on PS4. Just my experience so far.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Prophecy120 posted:

I play on PS4 using a XIM4 and never have to wait long at all to find games, population seems pretty solid at all hours of the day. I've heard complaints that only 1 or 2 game modes are populated on PC, but that doesn't seem to be the case on PS4. Just my experience so far.

Those complaints are largely overblown on PC, even "not popular" modes like amped hardpoint have pretty short queus. Bounty Hunt and Attrition have very short queus. Stuff on page 1 generally has short timers, though the stuff on page 2 (Variety, 8v8) tend to suffer longer queus, especially at non peak.

That said, PS4 definitely has the higher population, so if thats your main concern go for that, otherwise go for PC.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Variety seems to suffer from the same problem that type of playlist always suffers from in every game it's in, which is that instead of intelligently treating the Variety players as potential players for every game mode and matching them with e.g. Attrition players one round, Hardpoint the next, etc., it seems to just treat Variety as an entirely separate game mode and only match its players with themselves. :(

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Conot posted:

Those complaints are largely overblown on PC, even "not popular" modes like amped hardpoint have pretty short queus. Bounty Hunt and Attrition have very short queus. Stuff on page 1 generally has short timers, though the stuff on page 2 (Variety, 8v8) tend to suffer longer queus, especially at non peak.

That said, PS4 definitely has the higher population, so if thats your main concern go for that, otherwise go for PC.

They actually re-adjusted the playlists so normal Variety Pack's on the first page (now called Mix Tape), and man was it fun to actually play some modes on the NA regions I never could before (at least not without waiting long periods of time).

I mean I still hope they plan to just re-adjust the Variety Pack modes so they're not playlists at all, but as a quick fix I think you can play most modes on a mostly regular basis on PC excluding Skirmish and FFA now.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Orv posted:

Office is great if only because anyone who ejects from a nuke titan eats their own nuke reliably.

I don't know what unavoidable damage means after getting phase dash :unsmigghh:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My friends and I played a round last night against a very coordinated team that was strictly running map hack. We spent a solid two to three minutes permanently map hacked, which was enough to get a 5 titans to 0 situation going. It was snowball-y and really painful.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
This is a very good game but the matchmaking seems...iffy.

I've gone against trios with pubbies, on a 5v5 that's a huge chunk of the enemy team coordinating. It basically means they win.

Most games have a couple of guys dominating and then 2 - 3 trash players on the team who are fodder. And it's not consistent. I play a game and I dominate, then next game it's completely different players that are very competitive and I get absolutely wrecked. I'm also getting games where I get completely murdered but play the objective, so I'm the team MVP despite getting my butthole turned inside-out the entire match.

90% of the matches are absolute blowouts for either side.

Hope this improves.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I really didn't care about the first game (didn't have an Xbox/PC that could run it), but after all the glowing reviews for 2, I picked it up and holy poo poo, it's so good. I got Battlefield at the same time and I can't stop thinking of TF instead.

I'm really bummed that sales don't seem to be great though. It's a shame it's getting dropped between BF and CoD.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Quasipox posted:

I'm really bummed that sales don't seem to be great though. It's a shame it's getting dropped between BF and CoD.

Yeah, EA poo poo the bed on this one. I think it would have done much better if they had delayed it until January or February.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Emron posted:

My friends and I played a round last night against a very coordinated team that was strictly running map hack. We spent a solid two to three minutes permanently map hacked, which was enough to get a 5 titans to 0 situation going. It was snowball-y and really painful.

Good news!

https://twitter.com/jonshiring/status/793264785085255680

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I've gone against trios with pubbies, on a 5v5 that's a huge chunk of the enemy team coordinating. It basically means they win.

Most games have a couple of guys dominating and then 2 - 3 trash players on the team who are fodder. And it's not consistent. I play a game and I dominate, then next game it's completely different players that are very competitive and I get absolutely wrecked. I'm also getting games where I get completely murdered but play the objective, so I'm the team MVP despite getting my butthole turned inside-out the entire match.

Hope this improves.

It should as noobs (like me) get back in the swing of things. This is one of those games where 1-2 competent people can just dominate.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

It should as noobs (like me) get back in the swing of things. This is one of those games where 1-2 competent people can just dominate.

my friend and I have lost maybe one or two games ever so far, its kinda crazy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one time i played bounty with 5 people on the mic we wont three games in a row with the other team getting less than 500 dollars. It kinda pwns right now to crush people but I would love some better matchmaking with more competitive games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hope this improves.

Yeah a team of pubs will get depressingly dominated against a coordinated team. If you are playing by yourself it's kind of the luck of the draw. I'd say only one out of 4 matches I've played aren't complete shut downs.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've played about 10 hours of Attrition solo and have only had a couple of games that were stacked stomps, most of my games end 500 to 400 or thereabouts. YMMV based on platform and region, though, obviously.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

TheLightPurges posted:

But that's kinda the point, my friend. That the competent people should not be matched with the scrubs.

I mean I understand if it's late night and the pop count is low or it's your first couple hours and the system doesn't know your skill and so rotates you through a couple of different brackets. But I shouldn't see continuous blowouts with fodder players after a certain point...hoping that comes sooner rather than later.

Edit: Btw I like Homestead, the big open map. It's a change of pace and you can lurk around the two lanes on the side and snipe grunts and stuff if you haven't got your Titan. Crash Site is horrible and Complex is...complicated. I feel like it's got a lot of shortcuts and pilot mobility that I just haven't discovered.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

But that's kinda the point, my friend. That the competent people should not be matched with the scrubs.

I mean I understand if it's late night and the pop count is low or it's your first couple hours and the system doesn't know your skill and so rotates you through a couple of different brackets. But I shouldn't see continuous blowouts with fodder players after a certain point...hoping that comes sooner rather than later.

Edit: Btw I like Homestead, the big open map. It's a change of pace and you can lurk around the two lanes on the side and snipe grunts and stuff if you haven't got your Titan. Crash Site is horrible and Complex is...complicated. I feel like it's got a lot of shortcuts and pilot mobility that I just haven't discovered.

You will carry me kicking and screaming to competence and like it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Magnus Condomus posted:

So something I noticed that I really like about how this game handles reloads. It members what stage of a reload animation you were in instead of starting the whole dang thing over, and it remembers if you have a round in the chamber or not. Reloading when empty takes significantly longer than reloading a partial.

It always bugged the hell out of me in games like Destiny when they'd cycle the slide or pump the shotgun even though a live round should still be in there.

Yeah this owns, I think it's a hold over from Call of Duty which I remember doing that first.

Is there anyway to stop the game from replaying your death via kill-cam? It's annoying I have to hit space just to spawn in and skip it all the time.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Emron posted:

They should just straight up remove map hack from the game. You already have map hack in the form of pulse blade.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I think if it only applied to you or if the duration was super short it would be in line with the other boosts and most people would probably just use something else.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BTW the funniest thing in the world is sitting on a rooftop behind an Amped Wall and shooting Legion in the face with a Charge Rifle.

He gets so mad!

Hulk Krogan posted:

I think if it only applied to you or if the duration was super short it would be in line with the other boosts and most people would probably just use something else.

It would still be worth using because you could Map Hack to look for people and then drop a Pulse Blade near them to show them to your team.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Speaking of boosts, what exactly is phase rewind good for? It just slowly rewinds you back five meters from where you activated it and I could not figure out a single case where it would be useful.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

keyframe posted:

Speaking of boosts, what exactly is phase rewind good for? It just slowly rewinds you back five meters from where you activated it and I could not figure out a single case where it would be useful.

Use it when you respawn and you go back to the place you died.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It would still be worth using because you could Map Hack to look for people and then drop a Pulse Blade near them to show them to your team.

Right, but then you're at least taking up both your kit and boost slot. Current map hack + cloak or phase shift is kind of loltastic

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Hulk Krogan posted:

Right, but then you're at least taking up both your kit and boost slot. Current map hack + cloak or phase shift is kind of loltastic

You're the team's dedicated scout wallhacker, it's extremely powerful team support, you shouldn't have a good personal boost or tactical on top of that. You're a force multiplier.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Use it when you respawn and you go back to the place you died.

I tried this a bunch last night and could never get it to actually work. It just "took me back" to exactly where I had just spawned.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
What if map hack was just the equivalent of a pulse blade but attached to the player that triggered it? Still powerful but not an actual map hack.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

According to Twitter they're going to do something about it.

https://twitter.com/jonshiring/status/793264785085255680

Between Tone's ability, Pulse Blade, and Map Hack there is just too much wallhacking going on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ I think Pulse Blade is fine. It has a decent cooldown and tells the enemy team exactly where it is.

How often did they do balance patches for Titanfall 1? Should we expect one sometime soon? Though this game is a hell of a lot more balanced than other shooters, especially on release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Rewind to steal a battery, then teleport back on the titan to drop a grenade? I dunno if it works, using the random boost and the situation only came up once but I got blown up too quick. The giant target on your back for stealing a battery is garbage, you already get a big green glowing thingy.

Do you have to actually hit E to rodeo?