Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I like Generic Republican since he's (and he's a he) going to balance the budget, be strong on defense but not make us look stupid or foolish internationally, bring back all the jobs, shake up Washington DC removing all the corrupt people, has no voting history where he had to make tough decisions or compromises, and also has no history saying racist or sexist things. That guy is totally great!

HannibalBarca posted:

In any case, the VP debate didn't do wonders for my faith in Kaine as an attractive option at the top of the ticket.

Yeah luckily VPs really don't matter much outside of Sarah Palin but he would not have done well in a debate against Trump where Trump's just going nuts with absurd lies.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

perfectly generic object for president 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Mattybee posted:

mcmagic, do you remember how in TFF, you had your one shining moment where everyone went "HOLY poo poo MCMAGIC WAS RIGHT"?

Do you know why that is?

It's because you're as reliably wrong as Bill Kristol the rest of the time.

I'm actually right a lot. Both in this forum and in others. I'm also wrong sometimes. That is the human condition.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Because they are centrist democrats who either are bad at their job (Booker) or bad at politics (Hillary).

Hillary Clinton is the odds-on favorite to become the first woman President of the United States despite being the victim of one of the longest and most sustained attack campaigns ever including several insanely unprecedented thing where despite these lengthy attacks the absolute worse thing they can launch against her is "maybe screwed up email security."

If that is bad at politics then what is good at politics?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think all of these arguments that "X would've crushed Trump" are maybe too optimistic about the people who are voting for Trump. What if it turns out that a lot of people actually like Trump and aren't just voting for him because Clinton is bad at selling herself as trustworthy?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

HannibalBarca posted:

In any case, the VP debate didn't do wonders for my faith in Kaine as an attractive option at the top of the ticket.

I really like Kaine but no, he doesn't have the personality and/or experience to lead a presidential ticket.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

mcmagic posted:

Untrue and dumb. Are you really desperate enough to try to argue this nonsense?

Name a person of color or woman you would prefer over Hillary and why

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Hillary Clinton is the odds-on favorite to become the first woman President of the United States despite being the victim of one of the longest and most sustained attack campaigns ever including several insanely unprecedented thing where despite these lengthy attacks the absolute worse thing they can launch against her is "maybe screwed up email security."

No, don't you get it, she's a terrible candidate with a terrible campaign!

If I say it often enough, it becomes true!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Sanders would squeak out a victory against Trump, down-ballot would suffer more than it already is, we get 4 years of deadlock before the GOPe runs a Rubio or Kasich or anyone who isn't a rapist and Sanders would lose without a wide network of party support.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Mcmagic has been making the same tired points for months now. You're not going to convince him of poo poo. He just wants to come in here, retread the same ground and feel smug.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

AriadneThread posted:

perfectly generic object for president 2020

it will be good to see O'Malley again

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

mcmagic posted:

... or bad at politics (Hillary).

I want to know what your objective standard for being good at politics is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

having a big strong dick for mcmagic to jelq while thinking about

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Deified Data posted:

Sanders would squeak out a victory against Trump, down-ballot would suffer more than it already is, we get 4 years of deadlock before the GOPe runs a Rubio or Kasich or anyone who isn't a rapist and Sanders would lose without a wide network of party support.

It would be probably the closest thing to a retread of Jimmy Carter, down to the "dude out in one term but he kept his principles".

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
As a casual outside observer of US presidential elections since 2000, I get the feeling that Sanders' tax policy would probably cause a majority of Americans to freak the gently caress out and vote for anyone else on the ballot including inanimate objects.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

First, assume a spherical Democrat....

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

As a casual outside observer of US presidential elections since 2000, I get the feeling that Sanders' tax policy would probably cause a majority of Americans to freak the gently caress out and vote for anyone else on the ballot including inanimate objects.

Yeah pretty much

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CascadeBeta posted:

Mcmagic has been making the same tired points for months now. You're not going to convince him of poo poo. He just wants to come in here, retread the same ground and feel smug.

He can feel smug all he wants but Bernie would have done worse than Hillary. Imagine replacing everything Hillary speaks from experience on with "I GOT A MILLION YOOTS OUT THERE."

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Endorph posted:

having a big strong dick for mcmagic to jelq while thinking about

Really, I mean, what if her lady problems and hormones make her start a war with Russia and cut all welfare services?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Perfectly spherical democrats

That one is for my TFF lurkers you know who you are

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Sorry, I was trying to test how to embed a tweet and accidentally clicked Submit. I messed up.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 1, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Deified Data posted:

Yeah as a Sanders primary supporter this sounds accurate to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Harrow posted:

I think all of these arguments that "X would've crushed Trump" are maybe too optimistic about the people who are voting for Trump. What if it turns out that a lot of people actually like Trump and aren't just voting for him because Clinton is bad at selling herself as trustworthy?

Pretty much every Republican who has endorsed Trump's main argument to vote for him is "We have to beat Hillary Clinton." That never works on someone like Kaine who doesn't have the 30 year history she does.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Name a person of color or woman you would prefer over Hillary and why

It feels very "Romney binders full of women" to just list a bunch of minorities and women... I'm sure you can guess who I would mention. Pretty much any democrat who is a national elected and doesn't have her negatives.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Politics works the same way.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm glad vp seems to be transitioning from "future nominee" to more of a caretaker role.

I doubt Kane runs in eight years.

Also I'm not a huge fan of Duckworth and am not sure why everyone here is. I don't like "rah rah military" when Republicans do it, I certainly don't like it when Democrats do it. So she's a military hero, how does that in any way make her a better president?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Pretty much every Republican who has endorsed Trump's main argument to vote for him is "We have to beat Hillary Clinton." That never works on someone like Kaine who doesn't have the 30 year history she does.

Ahahahahahahaha are you loving kidding me with this?

The "We have to beat the Democrat" message wouldn't change at all you idiot. What, you think they'd say "Okay, vote for Kaine instead, Trump is awful?"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

It feels very "Romney binders full of women" to just list a bunch of minorities and women... I'm sure you can guess who I would mention. Pretty much any democrat who is a national elected and doesn't have her negatives.

Nice Palin maneuver

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think Sanders could have won (or I wouldn't have voted for him) but i think, especially knowing how loving insane the 2016 election ended up being, that it would have been a tougher situation that "a sleepwalk.". I really genuinely do not know how Sanders would have handled debating Trump. Not because I think he's inept at debating but because Trump is so hosed up I don't know if it would have been even worse, better, or what.

mcmagic posted:

Haha, you don't actually have an answer. I figured you'd at least have said Elizabeth Warren.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Pretty much any democrat who is a national elected and doesn't have her negatives.
Who? I am not a big follower of national politics.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mcmagic posted:

I'm actually right a lot. Both in this forum and in others. I'm also wrong sometimes. That is the human condition.

Discussion over folks, time to pack up and go home.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

Good points, but you're missing the fact that shes running a great campaign and any other available candidate would be doing worse than her.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

If Christie is arrested, Fox News will "accidentally" put a (D) next to his name, so that sort of fits almost.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Perfectly spherical democrats

That one is for my TFF lurkers you know who you are

So is Trump Eli Manning in this metaphor?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FAUXTON posted:

He can feel smug all he wants but Bernie would have done worse than Hillary. Imagine replacing everything Hillary speaks from experience on with "I GOT A MILLION YOOTS OUT THERE."
Just like in the primary, Bernie's biggest fans would turn into his biggest liability.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Who? I am not a big follower of national politics.
Kirsten Gillibrand

Tom Guycot posted:

Good points, but you're missing the fact that shes running a great campaign and any other available candidate would be doing worse than her.

We just aren't going to agree on that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

greatn posted:

Also I'm not a huge fan of Duckworth and am not sure why everyone here is. I don't like "rah rah military" when Republicans do it, I certainly don't like it when Democrats do it. So she's a military hero, how does that in any way make her a better president?
because regardless of whether or not we need a military, we have the largest one in the world, and veteran benefits - pay, mental and physical health care, etc - are pretty hosed and should be a bigger issue than they are.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
"Jerry Brown would have been up by 12 points." - mcmagic, 1992

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Dexo posted:

So is Trump Eli Manning in this metaphor?

No he is the Pats fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

We just aren't going to agree on that.

Wrong, I think we can both at least agree Hillary is doing better than anyone else would be in her position.

• Locked thread