Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Lockback posted:

I mean, they gave Leonard literally the most money they could give him, its not like that was a shrewd move or anything. But yes, trading Hill for him and then teaching Leonard to shoot was a pretty great move.

Can you imagine a Pacers team with Lenny and PG?

Davis Bertans is currently playing NBA minutes and has looked like he might actually stick around. Was going to make a joke that Hill was the third best player in that trade because Bertans had a better PER, but man, Georgie is balling out so far in Utah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I missed Steve Adams chat but just chiming in to say he is cool and good and the best OKC person.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I love juice. Juice bar talk is great.

Also:

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/793166760669175808

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Bulls should sign Tayshaun Prince, he is a champion. That's basically another Alpha.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

We literally had this conversation about juicing this summer over Kobe's stupid Keurig juicer and most agreed it's a stupid expensive thing to do at home

WhyteRyce posted:

If someone could tell me why I get four pounds of pulp and one tbsp of juice per strawberry I'd appreciate it

Make smoothies, not juice. 1 Lemon, 1 Orange, a cup of almond milk, tbsp a honey, and 8 or 10 pieces of ice. Maybe a bit of water too. That gives you a 32 ounce smoothie.

quote:

Ricky

My heart aches

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

straight up brolic posted:

well he isn't one already i can tell you that much e: also here's my current list in order

Hassan Whiteside
Al Horford
Marc Gasol if he is healthy and keeps shooting and making threes
Rudy Gobert
Deandre Jordan
Karl Tony
DMC
Dwight

then Adams?

this is just from memory though, so I might be missing people

Blake Griffin is p dang good at passing

You guys really need to watch Jonas Valancunias. He's way better than all but 2 of these guys.

e: look what happens when the Raptors finally include "pass the ball to JV" in their season plan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LtoWBxTSxmw

Best centre in the east no question.

Paulocaust fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 1, 2016

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

We now live in a world where people are biting on Wade head fakes at the 3 point line while he wears a Bulls jersey

https://streamable.com/qomt

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Can someone explain why we are seeing all these contract extensions this week? It seems like all of September and October there were no signings of any kind, then yesterday there were like 8 big extensions.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sharparoni posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Can someone explain why we are seeing all these contract extensions this week? It seems like all of September and October there were no signings of any kind, then yesterday there were like 8 big extensions.

The deadline to extend players on the last year of their rookie deal was last night. Anyone who wasn't signed to an extension by last night will be a restricted (if the team offers them a qualifying offer) or unrestricted free agent at the end of the year.

e: You can also sign them to an extension between the end of the season and the start of free agency I think.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Ah, ok. Thank you! :cheers:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
NBA Players you should have been watching week 1:

1. Russel Westbrook 38.7pts 12.3reb 11.7ast 3 games.
2. Anthony Davis: 37.7pts 12.7reb Too bad about the rest of his team though
3. Kawhi Leonard: He is a basketball playing murder machine
4. The 3-Alphas: Actually fun to watch in a non-destroying each other way. This wont last so enjoy while you can.
5. Myles Turner: Because it's my list.

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008

Athanatos posted:

NBA Players you should have been watching week 1:

2. Anthony Davis: 37.7pts 12.7reb Too bad about the rest of his team though

Imagine going from human victory cigar to this (Team USA). Pretty drat nice.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/status/793443420215840768

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ElPedro posted:

Imagine going from human victory cigar to this (Team USA). Pretty drat nice.

I mean being a Human Victory Cigar was just the product of being on a team with at least 8 hall of famers on it. I don't think anyone expected him to have a Laettner like career.

What's insane about the Brow is that he was a defensive-minded player in college whose offense was unpolished. In the NBA his offensive game has quickly developed to a ridiculous degree and his defense is subject to debate.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morestuff posted:

It's weird, people seem to like playing in Charlotte right now. Marvin Williams took a lot less money, Kemba and MKG are on pretty fair deals, Batum cut them a small break. One of the few benefits of drafting low-upside character guys and overpaying b-level veterans I guess

I like our team a lot but we don't have that 1 guy to change games when we need it.

Time to call up the man for some of that Generational Talent

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

I mean being a Human Victory Cigar was just the product of being on a team with at least 8 hall of famers on it. I don't think anyone expected him to have a Laettner like career.

What's insane about the Brow is that he was a defensive-minded player in college whose offense was unpolished. In the NBA his offensive game has quickly developed to a ridiculous degree and his defense is subject to debate.

There was always talk about him having guard like skills but it felt like bullshit because all he did in college was score off lobs and putbacks. Then he got to the NBA and somehow it was actually true

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This is sorta sad and Ray Allen is an obsessive dude.

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Oh definately. I just love that term.

I just wish he was on a better team. Or at least one without (injury) cursed players.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Dexo posted:

The 3 alphas have surpassed what was previously commonly referred to as a "Super Team".

WoW, Butler and Rondo have ascended past that designation.

They are now the first and only "Hyper Team"

I believe the proper evolution is

Standard > Super > Super Turbo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

WoW, Butler and Rondo have ascended past that designation.

Why is Wade's nickname "World of Warcraft"?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

DWade autocorrecting to WoW is a stunning indictment

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

lmao

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Why is Wade's nickname "World of Warcraft"?

He's probably been going on too long, people tend to only remember the good and not the bad, and for some reason people spend way too much money on him?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

He's probably been going on too long, people tend to only remember the good and not the bad, and for some reason people spend way too much money on him?

Nah. WoW owns. And just keeps reinventing by adding on new and highly requested features such as 3pt shooting. It's not resting on it's laurels.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
really excited about the offerings on NBAtv tonight, Houston/Cleveland right when I get home from work, and GSW/Portland right as I settle in bed after a nice meal and maybe even a little gravity bong action!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

OzFactor posted:

I believe the proper evolution is

Standard > Super > Super Turbo

Yeah, but after ST came Alpha 1

Bulls already on Alpha 3, shut the league down

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

boxcarhobo posted:

Ryu: WoW
Ken: Butler
Dan: Rondo

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Good morning basketfriends! I am wondering where you all like to go for morning roundups of the previous night's slate of games, and for NBA news/analysis in general. I realize this is a pretty vague request, but I'm just trying to expand my readership beyond Twitter accounts – and looking for something between the unreadable horror of nba.com/ESPN and the super in depth stuff you might find on Nylon Calculus. Any thoughts?

Thank you god bless and here is a picture of Clarence Weatherspoon smiling for your troubles:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
has anyone posted the Ray Allen tweet that was supposed to be a DM yet

Edit:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

boxcarhobo posted:

OTOH Alpha 1 Cowboy was the best Mystery Mine Ride ever and the sequel wasn't very good so it stands to reason that Alpha 3 would be another step down.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Am I the only one that thinks that the Bulls are going to be okay as long as Wade holds up?

Are the Mavs bad? If the Mavs are bad does that meant he Rockets are bad too?

Have there been any big surprises so far? Everything has seemed pretty predictable right down to Derrick Rose giving fans hope he's back before he totally tanks the team.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

Ryu: WoW
Ken: Butler
Dan: Rondo

Savage.

Bashez posted:

Am I the only one that thinks that the Bulls are going to be okay as long as Wade holds up?

Are the Mavs bad? If the Mavs are bad does that meant he Rockets are bad too?

Have there been any big surprises so far? Everything has seemed pretty predictable right down to Derrick Rose giving fans hope he's back before he totally tanks the team.

Bulls will probably be fine, I think they were always a playoff team. They might be the 4th seed now instead of the 6th, but they'll be decent. I expect they'll need some luck to go any further than the 2nd round.

Surprises:

Bulls 3-0
GSW has a -5.0 Point differential
Derozan is averaging 35 points a game (on 0 3pm)
Thunder might still be legit good
Portland has a team that plays professional basketball

Lockback fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 1, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I never understood why people thought the Pacers were going as high as the 2nd seed. They downgraded at almost every position outside of starting Myles at Center, their bench is still horrifically bad, and they put loving Nate McMillian to solve their issue of not scoring fast enough.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Has there been a new commercial with the Hoopers family from State Farm? I need to know if Nick's spreadsheet needs to be updated.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 1, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

Has there been a new commercial with the Ballers family from State Farm? I need to know if Nick's spreadsheet needs to be updated.

No and they are the hoopers

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Zogo posted:

Curry had better numbers in TS%, eFG%, ORB%, DRB%, TRB%, AST%.

That's loving incredible. I didn't look at the advanced stats because I didn't think this was possible on a cursory glance of their stats.

Irving had a higher ORTG and lower DRTG though :colbert:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

No and they are the hoopers

Dang.

And fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

milk milk lemonade posted:

That's loving incredible. I didn't look at the advanced stats because I didn't think this was possible on a cursory glance of their stats.

Irving had a higher ORTG and lower DRTG though :colbert:

There is too much noise trying to compare individual players with DRtg. Even if they are on the same team.

I would also say the same with the different reb% stats. For example, say you have two players on the same team that play in the same lineups. One has a better oreb% and dreb% than the other, yet the team's oreb% and dreb% are both worse when he is on the court.

e: Kyrie and Curry are both SGs in style with PG handles (which is basically what a PG is now and that is good). Curry is just better at doing all the SG and PG things than Kyrie with the exception of maybe turnovers.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 1, 2016

• Locked thread