Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Antti posted:

I didn't mean to go off or anything, I get that she's cool and people love her (I do!) and sometimes it's hard to tell whether someone's being genuine or not.

The fact that she'd probably be a terrible politician is why people like her so much.

I don't like the idea of "popular politician's wife = followup to politician." It's so... dynastic (sideways dynastic.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Tricky D posted:

The thing that the Anyone-but-Hillary Bernie Bros do not understand is that a lot of people want Hillary to be president.

Yeah, its almost like she won the primary against Bernie or something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

my least favorite thing about the michelle obama fantasy run is that she's made it abundantly clear that she hates DC and can't wait to leave but people just skip over this because we need to deny her agency to satisfy our electoral fantasies
i mean tbf someone was just pitching what her favorables would be if she did run???

if someone's constantly banging on about it's annoying but thinking about what the hypothetical run would be like is just a thought exercise, idk how that's denying her agency any more than the hypothetical biden run

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Tom Guycot posted:

I agree it would definitely help her, or at least be less likely to be used against her. On the other hand though, its pretty clear that she would be doing worse than Hillary is.

It's not clear but you can just keep repeating that over and over again if you want.

Tricky D posted:

The thing that the Anyone-but-Hillary Bernie Bros do not understand is that a lot of people want Hillary to be president.

More people don't as her unfavorable show.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

The Mattybee posted:

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...

Watching mcmagic post about politics is like watching Mark Sanchez run headlong into Brandon Moore's gigantic rear end, over and over again.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The best candidate for the general doesn't always win the primary. Is that news to you?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mcmagic posted:

The best candidate doesn't always win the primary. Is that news to you?

Enough about your failed run for the Presidency.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

But, but, those unfavorables.

EDIT:

mcmagic posted:

Ha ha drat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

DO YOU SUPPORT MCMAGIC'S POSTING?

[]YES
[]NO

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[]YES
[X]NO

mcmagic's currently polling at 100% unfavorability. For those of you playing at home, that's worse than Hillary Clinton.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The best candidate for the general doesn't always win the primary. Is that news to you?

That's true luckily this time the Democrat's elected the right one and the Republican's didn't.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mcmagic is making the same mistake Republicans do in that they assume everyone who's listening is already on the same page with them as to the opponent being Extra Crispy Mega-Hitler Bacon Supreme and thus their attacks begin and end there.

It's the inevitable result of living in an ideological bubble.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Hillary Clinton is very likely to win not only the EV victory but also the popular vote. That would mean, by definition, more people want her to be President.

"Hillary Clinton has high unfavorables with white men" doesn't mean "nobody wants her to be President." Something you keep ignoring.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

mcmagic posted:

If Bernie running as a progressive's wet dream couldn't even win the primary of the progressive party he is not a strong candidate

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[X]YES
[X]NO

Wait...what's a poll?

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

mcmagic posted:

It's not clear but you can just keep repeating that over and over again if you want.

Well, I just mean by virtue of the fact that Hillary is running a great campaign and there isn't anyone in the running who would be doing a better job against Trump than her, is what makes it fairly clear though.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

mcmagic posted:

The question was, a woman I would prefer to see run and who I think would be doing better.

That woman made her choice and ducked out to support Hillary. She'll run eventually, but who knows how she'll do as everyone else has pointed out, she was appointed to the Senate specifically because she was a blue dog and wouldn't derail an already troubled Governorship.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[]NO

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[]YES
[x]NO
[]Maybe

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[]YES
[]NO

I'm undecided, really. If you think about it both sides are garbage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mcmagic currently at 73 and 2/3% unfavorability, worse than clinton! clearly he should stop posting.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[]YES
[]NO
[X] BERNIE SANDERS

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[]YES
[]NO

I mean McMagic is legitimately a bad poster, but who's to say that without McMagic a poster with worse opinions might fill that void. Also while yes he objectively has dumb and contradicting opinions. I'm sure he actually genuinely has those opinions

I'm undecided.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[]YES
[]NO

This two option system is really holding us back, I'm voting for a third option

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[ ]YES
[X]NO

I wish it'd stop.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

How many mcmagic halloween masks are being sold, though?

CHECKMATE, GOONAILURES

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What is a mcmagic?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Hillary Clinton is very likely to win not only the EV victory but also the popular vote. That would mean, by definition, more people want her to be President.

"Hillary Clinton has high unfavorables with white men" doesn't mean "nobody wants her to be President." Something you keep ignoring.

Given the choice between warm piss and bleach to drink, people will overwhelmingly pick the warm piss. And yet, I do not foresee pissmania sweeping the nation.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Phone posted:

What is a mcmagic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hc7gVmoMoA

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Endorph posted:

FLASH FAVORABILITY POLL

[]YES
[:dong:]NOb

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like Gillibrand a lot. I hope she runs some time. She has been a lot more progressive as a senator than as a house member, presumably because of the district she represented.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I eagerly look forward to the seventh and eighth years of Hillary Clinton's Presidency, where white dudes complain that Congress may be deadlocked and do nothing but dammit I want to be ideologically pure while watching a white man do nothing instead of this Hillary Clinton woman.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

I'm glad vp seems to be transitioning from "future nominee" to more of a caretaker role.
Isn't that entirely a consequence of the Democrats having run non-old white males two times in a row now?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If Bernie running as a progressive's wet dream couldn't even win the primary of the progressive party he is not a strong candidate

By that logic it's really clear that Trump was the republican's best general election candidate, right?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Tricky D posted:

I'm sorry, according to every shoddily-made meme I've ever seen on Facebook, and how popular Bernie Sanders fan pages are, this simply cannot be true and all Clinton voters are fraudulent records that only appear in voting machines.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Before the other thread got closed, somebody suggested I was a troll for saying Obama is a war criminal. Well, the use of unmanned drones against civilian populations does qualify as that.
The murder of Al Awlaki, and that of his son, murdered without due process, despite being American citizens, was also a criminal act.

It's ok if you want to say Romney would have been worse, or that Trump shouldn't be president (and he really shouldn't) but don't whitewash the terrorist foreign policy of the US just because your guy was in charge when it happened. These are the same kinds of things people berated Bush for.

And all of this without mentioning the fact that the Obama administration has been the one that has gone against the most whistle blowers.

Edit. And to the person that made a suggestion that the problems with Wall Street, in the case of HRC, are criticized out of misogyny. gently caress you. You don't get to avoid legitimate criticism by yelling "BUT LOOK, SHE HAS A VAGINA"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mcmagic posted:

By that logic it's really clear that Trump was the republican's best general election candidate, right?
i mean, in the sense that he was exactly what the republican party wanted, deep down in their heart of hearts, yeah.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

mcmagic posted:

Maybe if it was a head to head between Trump and Jeb! for the majority of the process like it was for the Dems.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ze Pollack posted:

Given the choice between warm piss and bleach to drink, people will overwhelmingly pick the warm piss. And yet, I do not foresee pissmania sweeping the nation.

Okay. So... Hillary Clinton wins the democratic primary and then proceeds to win the general. This means nobody wants her to be president because ????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, it is, you dumbass.

Donald J Trump is the most qualified and competent candidate the GOP could put forward.

• Locked thread