Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

sweet now we don't have to use [spoiler]Buy Premium to see message {/spoiler] to update people on our plans.

Catte

Did you hear I got made a subreddit mod recently? One of the mods got really Smart and gave me his account. Its working perfectly and the downvotes wont work for threads as I see fit. We control the front page now.

Cat tax

A goon did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

:kimchi:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

When even the explosions are glitchy. lol

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Godmode Enabled posted:

:colbert: Please make better life decisions

My favourite pizza topping is chicken, pepperoni, pineapple, anchovies and olives. And sometimes capers too if I'm feeling extra salty.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Looks like Sandi believes once the game is out, it will literally be everything promised and people will buy ships left and right for hundreds of dollars because they want to skip playing the game.

I think she is blissfully unaware that there is no way it will be, and the more if the game that actually comes out is exposed, the less it's going to look like the fabricated bullshit they wrote 10 page essays of the mechanics for.

Star Citizen is going to kill Star Citizens revenue stream.

Sq42 will kill Star Citizens revenue stream as well. Nobody is paying hundreds of dollars so they can endure a Chris Roberts movie. They want to be Captain Reynolds.

But that would require somebody at CIG to understand their own audience, and the marketing department seems more interested in hurting people and lying than it does in seeing how they can properly maneuver their manpower to maximize profits.

Sq42 is not the profit maximization unit. It's the sinker you want to add to Star Citizen as an expansion pack, or extra missions pack. Their focus is broken, but it's ok. It'll just make everything more exciting as time goes.

I think that you are right. She probably doesn't understand this "nerd stuff" and therefore has no clue what the ship appeal seems to have been, and why or when it would ever dry up. Of course, I get why space ships can be cool, but have trouble understanding the appeal of these hyper expensive ships that don't exist yet, so who knows.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I've had anchovies before. They weren't horrible but wayyyyy to salty.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

alphabettitouretti posted:

My favourite pizza topping is chicken, pepperoni, pineapple, anchovies and olives. And sometimes capers too if I'm feeling extra salty.

Strange pizza, I christen thee "The Summer's Wheelie Bin".

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

something something archive this

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheLightPurges posted:

Yeah it is the way most people are exposed to them. Salt cured in oil.

Fresh out of the net onto a wood fire grill is the absolute best.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Bacon+Banana+Chilli Flakes is the best pizza on gods green earth.

Also, eat poo poo hacker, I've already found a workaround to your script

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

You are describing sardines.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You don't eat a whole anchovy, you bite off only a small part of it or break it into little pieces and spread it over the main dish. It's basically a seasoning in and of itself.

It's also a key ingredient in worchestershire sauce, fish sauce, and the good brands of caesar salad.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Bofast posted:

But pineapple is delicious, especially on pizza

I agree. This is always fun to say in a group ordering pizza, as well.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

TheLightPurges posted:

It wasn't a life simulator and it was sort of shallow, but it wasn't a "bad game" by any stretch. Plus the devs hyped up the hype with things that weren't in the game or barely above surface level in the game.

I found it A Bad Game. The basic mechanics are either crap (shooting) or highly irritating in some way (lovely flying - no cool stunts through ravines for you - and the dumb stamina bar and stupid tiny inventory) which makes the very shallow core gameplay loop incredibly tedious. Also, gently caress any resource/survival type game that forces you to manually craft lower level items or resources in order to build higher level resources or items, rather than automating the extra steps to save pointless busy work.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

That's the only way to eat fish.
Everything else is just eating rotten pretend-food.

e: Okay, sushi is fine too. And tuna in any form. And pates.

orcinus fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 1, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/QfgLKmJ.gifv

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

File it after the section entitled, "I leave my collection of three old tennis balls the dog chewed to ....".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Conspiratiorist posted:

Go to the steam store page. Every video there, every image, is pre-release, pre-rendered material.

None of it is in the game, not the way it looks there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik

I like the weird dumb horsaurus better

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Fronts posted:

File it after the section entitled, "I leave my collection of three old tennis balls the dog chewed to ....".

Some whales are in for dozens of thousands of dollars, what does happen to those accounts if they die?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLightPurges posted:

sweet now we don't have to use [spoiler]Buy Premium to see message {/spoiler] to update people on our plans.

Catte

Did you hear I got made a subreddit mod recently? One of the mods got really Smart and gave me his account. Its working perfectly and the downvotes wont work for threads as I see fit. We control the front page now.

Cat tax

If you listen to er_dova, we've controlled /r/starcitizen for months

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lladre posted:

I've made my own pizza with mushrooms, red onion and halloumi cheese, topped with pesto

I don't know if it's a weird combination or not, all I know is it's objectively the best thing on earth

Tomato sauce made with plenty of garlic of course, sometimes I top the pizza with some fresh chopped garlic as well :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Some whales are in for dozens of thousands of dollars, what does happen to those accounts if they die?

On launch day, the million mile high club will be the most exclusive cemetery in the 'verse

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

MeLKoR posted:

You are describing sardines.

I am describing both?

One is easier to clean than the other.

Both are delicious.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Anchovies are good when ground up in a proper caesar salad, but please, do not just lay a few on top of the salad and call it a day.

Blech.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Weeks, not months. But close enough.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

That reminds me, I need to check the spreadsheet, I'm getting my pro- and anti- sockpuppet reddit accounts all messed up

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Considering that most of the guys who invested heavily into SC are either loners are hiding the fact they spent thousands on a game from their family.

I would say people who die will just have their email returned as deliverable when the eventual law suit tries to contact everyone involved.

Cause you know. There is never going to be a game.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

something something archive this

:kayak: I bet Kayak like garlic :kayak:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Chalks posted:

There's a first time for everything I guess.

My guess as to what Derek will unveil

Maybe I'll be wrong.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

:kayak: I bet Kayak like garlic :kayak:

Or at least doesn't spread FUD about it :colbert:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nuclearmonkee posted:

My guess as to what Derek will unveil

Maybe I'll be wrong.

yeah. My guess it will be a summary of the last month of this thread condensed into three thousand word blog peppered with goon art, that can actually be better digested by reading the thread itself from wherever he starts.

In short, there is too much hubris and I just fall asleep reading it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

how dare you :colbert:

I didn't write it. I just called for the head of the person that did. I just noticed the Greasemonkey trigger on the forums, so I went to look at scripts and saw that...that...horror? No, too tame. Abomination? Getting there. Offense against God and man? Not quite there.

That's all I got for now.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

orcinus posted:

That's the only way to eat fish.
Everything else is just eating rotten pretend-food.

e: Okay, sushi is fine too. And tuna in any form. And pates.

Look at this sad person who probably lives in some garbage country that doesn't eat amazing fried catfish.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Samizdata posted:

I didn't write it. I just called for the head of the person that did. I just noticed the Greasemonkey trigger on the forums, so I went to look at scripts and saw that...that...horror? No, too tame. Abomination? Getting there. Offense against God and man? Not quite there.

That's all I got for now.

No I know, that was meant for the goon that wrote the script.

Because let's be real, that's way too funny and subtle to be reddit trolling, as much as I wish it was.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lladre posted:

Some guy says: "it's not a tech demo, we're actually showing off what this system that we built and that foundation is going to support. "

So nothing. Their system supports nothing. No evidence was "shown" of SQ42.

Am I misreading what he said?

Nope. They literally have nothing.

They're making demo cutscenes of things they will eventually maybe build, instead of building a playable demo featuring things actually developed.

So these demos have no progress besides maybe animations, models and set pieces they can reuse. This is continuing the CIG motto of graphics and movies first, gameplay- eh maybe someday.

But hey, movies!

And this is perfectly ok with the backers because

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

spacetoaster posted:

All this talk about no man's sky. Does it suck or something? At least it's a game that exists, right?

It's a bad game that was overhyped and sold as the be all end all and the second coming, has a developer literally hiding from the internet over how much bullshit he spouted about the game before release and it's hyper glitchy and crash-prone, even on the PS4

It is itself the best case scenario for Star Citizen barring some manner of miracle

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

I've made my own pizza with mushrooms, red onion and halloumi cheese, topped with pesto

I don't know if it's a weird combination or not, all I know is it's objectively the best thing on earth

Tomato sauce made with plenty of garlic of course, sometimes I top the pizza with some fresh chopped garlic as well :colbert:

Monster!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Quavers posted:

Three years ago SC was coming out late 2014.

Two years ago SC was definitely hitting beta in 2015.

One year ago SC was absolutely gonna be almost beta at the end of 2016.

Now? 2019/2020 for MVP.

Times change.

Stop spreading lies.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Duckaerobics posted:

Look at this sad person who probably lives in some garbage country that doesn't eat amazing fried catfish.

Not too big on fish in general (except tuna... mmmm, meeercuuuryyyy), even less so on freshwater fish.
But people around me do like catfish and pike. My grandma used to fish and fry pike a lot, maybe why i don't like em now.

They're often used in stews here too.

• Locked thread