Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

https://twitter.com/aaroncoal/status/793454287225360384

This is why I don't take people talking about the Podesta emails seriously. This person found an email talking about seizures and immediately assumed it was about Hillary's health, but if you scroll down a bit, it's easy to see that it's Jennifer Palmieri telling John Podesta about someone in her own family's health problems, with Podesta saying "praying for you and the fam."

It's a great example of people just giving context the finger.

poo poo, even if this was about Hillary (which it probably isn't) the seizure was a reaction to antibiotics for a tooth infection, not a recurring chronic illness. Wonder how long CNN will go on about Hillary's health before realizing its a nothingburger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
It's a Hail Mary, but Georgia lost to one of those a few weeks ago, so.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

https://twitter.com/aaroncoal/status/793454287225360384

This is why I don't take people talking about the Podesta emails seriously. This person found an email talking about seizures and immediately assumed it was about Hillary's health, but if you scroll down a bit, it's easy to see that it's Jennifer Palmieri telling John Podesta about someone in her own family's health problems, with Podesta saying "praying for you and the fam."

It's a great example of people just giving context the finger.

It's also why Wikileaks are scumbags: it's private health information about a private citizen. Not something anyone has any business publishing.
Actually, aren't there tons of laws about this sort of stuff --- I guess they probably apply to doctors?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Crain posted:

Don't know if this was posted but it seems that our buddy Tashan Dorrsett is getting the FBI involved with investigating his ban:

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793397187984039936

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793444823969607680

:laffo:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
https://twitter.com/nhannahjones/status/793452313423798272

Clinton is getting higher Hispanic voter turnout but could potentially be under focusing on black voters in Florida

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Crain posted:

Don't know if this was posted but it seems that our buddy Tashan Dorrsett is getting the FBI involved with investigating his ban:

oh so she actually was a crazy person and not a troll

good to know

EDIT: I feel genuinely terrible about misgendering her

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Does anyone still have the link to Prester Janes thoughts on the right wing situation? I would like to give it a read.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crain posted:

Hers, unless you have proof that she was lying about being a trans woman, but wow. What a fucker.

Like I said, garbage.

Edit: Oh hey, we have bigotry for one's sexuality now too; in her posts she only hit racism, sexism, and transphobia, but with Twitter she managed to complete the set. Congrats Tashan, you piece of human refuse.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 1, 2016

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

OddObserver posted:

It's also why Wikileaks are scumbags: it's private health information about a private citizen. Not something anyone has any business publishing.
Actually, aren't there tons of laws about this sort of stuff --- I guess they probably apply to doctors?

Man, thats some funny poo poo, if they leaked anything about any repub, you guys would be creaming your pants and hailing wiki leaks as the best thing ever. Such loving hypocrites.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mel Mudkiper posted:

1864 Abraham Lincoln would win all 50 states

Clearly Hillary is a trash candidate

lol 1864 Abracuck Lincoln didn't even win any states in the South, checkmate libtard

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Peechka posted:

Man, thats some funny poo poo, if they leaked anything about any repub, you guys would be creaming your pants and hailing wiki leaks as the best thing ever. Such loving hypocrites.

No???

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Switching gears a bit, does anyone have any theories as to why Assange has it out for Clinton?

I get it that after all this time he might be suffering from cabin fever but he can't honestly think a Trump presidency would give him safe passage out of that embassy.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Peechka posted:

I'm glad insane Trump supporter #111 is here to preach to us about what we would totally do.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Peechka posted:

They've been Putin-slobbering scum long before they got involved in this election (even if lots of people didn't notice).

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Crain posted:

Also reading that person's tweets lol at their claim of "I'm a Democrat but just can't stand Hillary" when it's just kissing establishment Republican rear end (between random racist meme poo poo).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Roland Jones posted:

Hers, unless you have proof that she was lying about being a trans woman, but wow. What a fucker.

Like I said, garbage.

I am really trying to wrap my head around a transgender person who keeps using gender and sexual normativity as a tool to attack people

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

Switching gears a bit, does anyone have any theories as to why Assange has it out for Clinton?

He is mentally ill and legit thinks she wants him dead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

I get it that after all this time he might be suffering from cabin fever but he can't honestly think a Trump presidency would give him safe passage out of that embassy.

She apparently joked about drone striking him once.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Roland Jones posted:

Like I said, garbage.

whoops. My bad.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

She apparently joked about drone striking him once.

According to a "source"

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

good news/bad news time

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/793470712287748097

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

WampaLord posted:

He is mentally ill and legit thinks she wants him dead.

I like what Wikileaks have done on some regards, but this time it clearly hopes to swing the election. He didn't even dump everything at once, but actually did it slowly to keep everyone on their toes.

I also saw an interview where he implies a Dnc staffer, whose name I forgot, was murdered by the Democrats.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I think they're straight wrong about senate. IL, WI, NV, and PA are all pretty much over. NC, NH, FL are competitive.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Crain posted:

Don't know if this was posted but it seems that our buddy Tashan Dorrsett is getting the FBI involved with investigating her ban:

Old Man Lowtax is untrollable these days. Any attempts to get a rise out of him get deflected. It's glorious to see.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Are these the same pollsters that told Romney he was winning?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

he's the one we were all excited to hear tell us last week that Trump was actually tied in IN, so, you know.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

mcmagic posted:

I'm actually right a lot. Both in this forum and in others. I'm also wrong sometimes. That is the human condition.

You're right wing sure, but that's not much to brag about. Really it's quite a bad thing.

Non Serviam posted:

The dude has a long standing problem with women since he first got semi-famous in Australia, I don't think there's really anything specific he hates about Clinton beyond that. Also he was raised in a neo-nazi cult thing which doesn't help.

No US President can give him safe passage though, as it's Sweden and the UK who are after him. Sweden for the rape charges, and the UK because he skipped out on UK bail when he entered the embassy.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Crain posted:

Don't know if this was posted but it seems that our buddy Tashan Dorrsett is getting the FBI involved with investigating her ban:

Holy poo poo, was Tashan Dorrsett former insane poster Tweak all this time? That would explain so much...

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I can accept this.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

fishmech posted:

You're right wing sure, but that's not much to brag about. Really it's quite a bad thing.

The dude has a long standing problem with women since he first got semi-famous in Australia, I don't think there's really anything specific he hates about Clinton beyond that. Also he was raised in a neo-nazi cult thing which doesn't help.

No US President can give him safe passage though, as it's Sweden and the UK who are after him. Sweden for the rape charges, and the UK because he skipped out on UK bail when he entered the embassy.

Jesus, no, he's not doing it because he has problems with women.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Non Serviam posted:

I'm actually betting it's less Hillary specifically and more that Russia gave them a bunch of support if they did things in a certain way.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

OddObserver posted:

I'm not super familiar with all of the laws, but I do work for an electronic medical record company and I know if I released private health information about someone that I accessed through our system, I'd be fired and my company would be sued hard.

But yes, this is in large part why I can't support what Wikileaks is doing. They're turning up a bunch of low-level dishonesty, letting people make a huge deal out of politics as usual, and just destroying innocent people's privacy in the process. The collateral damage is not worth the result.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I just want Hillary elected so she can take even more guns away than Obama did

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Covok posted:

I can accept this.

You're a dumbo

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

computer parts posted:

I'm actually betting it's less Hillary specifically and more that Russia gave them a bunch of support if they did things in a certain way.

That would be an interesting thing although I'd like to know what they could possibly offer

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fishmech posted:

lol ok buddy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like, to the transgender community of this thread, is there a precedent for some people within the transgender community still having very traditional ideas of gender roles and sexuality and being kind of lovely about them? Its genuinely surprising to me to see a trans person going around calling people "low testosterone beta cucks" and "50 year old bisexuals" because it seems to me like those would be insults and ideas a trans person would be pretty sensitive about.

I don't mean to put any of you on the spot, but I just am kinda surprised by her. Maybe I am too deep into a virtue of the oppressed fallacy.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crain posted:

whoops. My bad.

It's admittedly not surprising a lot of people got it wrong, considering how many misogynistic comments she made and how she used "low-T" as an insult and stuff, but yeah.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am really trying to wrap my head around a transgender person who keeps using gender and sexual normativity as a tool to attack people

It's really odd, yeah. I mean, obviously being a marginalized person doesn't prevent you from being a piece of poo poo, but still. She runs the freaking gamut of terribleness.

Tom Guycot posted:

Holy poo poo, was Tashan Dorrsett former insane poster Tweak all this time? That would explain so much...

No idea who that is, but she did claim to have been here for a decade despite having a regdate of 2015 or so.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, to the transgender community of this thread, is there a precedent for some people within the transgender community still having very traditional ideas of gender roles and sexuality and being kind of lovely about them? Its genuinely surprising to me to see a trans person going around calling people "low testosterone beta cucks" and "50 year old bisexuals" because it seems to me like those would be insults and ideas a trans person would be pretty sensitive about.

I don't mean to put any of you on the spot, but I just am kinda surprised by her. Maybe I am too deep into a virtue of the oppressed fallacy.

Trans people who believe in gender essentialism and biotruths and other bullshit do exist, from what I understand. I don't hang out with any myself I think, and am not really part of many communities in general because until recently I kept my identity stuff low-key, but yeah.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 1, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

I just want Hillary elected so she can take even more guns away than Obama did

She will take away all your guns and give them to rebels overseas. No point in wasting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Yeah a Hillary win by 4 or so, with GOP control of the Senate, is as close to a pyrrhic victory as you can come. Not saying that that's certainly gonna happen, but, ya know.

• Locked thread