Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Phyresis posted:

think about how a republican's brane works

protip it don't, there's no hope for these fuckos

the existential dread of waiting for an entire generation of ppl to die is crippling

well then...
why wait...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Phyresis posted:

don't get me wrong, i cling to faith in humanity as well cuz there's something truly cool and good within us all but idk if we'll be able to reach our potential as a species

Potential for what, exactly?

IMO "human potential" is meaningless if we lack purpose. I don't mean as individuals or nations or whatever, but as a species. IMO, as sentient creatures it's our ethical duty to create the best living conditions possible for as many lifeforms as we can. We're all doomed to the experience of existence, so we may as well make existing as enjoyable as possible for everything we can. Any other "potential" of our species is still pointless without the overarching purpose of acting as stewards of life.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
wheres the anime prez

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

https://twitter.com/Jimbean87055631/status/793154579718287361

:suicide:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

brocretin posted:

are you kidding me

also hillary has literally no control over the republican electorate how is she supposed to help who they vote for

"hillary clinton is the worst candidate" only works if you go with the assumption that she actually should have been run out of town on a rail after thirty years of witch hunts and that it is cool and good to smear a person with reckless abandon.

tbh after being smeared for decades, pretty much for being a woman with ambition, and having the entirety of her campaign inner workings laid bare by hackers, to still be winning even over Americas Worst Human, you'd have to be a pretty good candidate.

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Schnorkles posted:

Unaffiliateds in Colorado break Dem and republicans are down in EV which never happens. That state is gone.

The GOP in PA is desperately turning out Clinton/Toomey voters to try and save Toomey's seat.

Trump hasn't led a live interview NH poll all year, and both Van Ostern and Hassan are at least tied and running several points behind HRC.

NC is not the "tipping point state" jfc.

just wanna say that you are singlehandedly reigning in my worst arzying impulses right now, so thank you

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right posted:

wheres the anime prez

ron paul 2024

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Themagicalgoat posted:

If anything this election proves the opposite. Candidates don't matter at all. Even party platforms only matter in the most nebulous way. If only we had a legislature willing to govern, we'd have a functioning democracy.

Yep, this election proves that the polarization of the parties overrides every other consideration. Did ppl forget that this is the thesis of "nothing matters"?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

If your not already in then quote this post to get dwarfed

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Typo posted:

http://www.newstalkflorida.com/featured/florida-voter-analysis-10-31/

idk guys florida might be gone, dems were up by 60k early voting in 2012

I'm leaning towards OH/FL goes for Trump but abuela winning by holding taking NC and holding on to NV

You need to chill. 2012 early voting was scheduled differently. This is extremely similar to the 2008 pace so far.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Themagicalgoat posted:

If anything this election proves the opposite. Candidates don't matter at all. Even party platforms only matter in the most nebulous way. If only we had a legislature willing to govern, we'd have a functioning democracy.

Edit: Oh, nvrmnd you're a gimmick or a troll.

Candidates do matter, Tim Kaine would prob be auto +7.5 vs Trump, all that needed to happen was for the candidate not to have massive scandals all over the place

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

anime was right posted:

wheres the anime prez

as far as im concerned

Yr the anime prez

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Vox Nihili posted:

You need to chill. 2012 early voting was scheduled differently. This is extremely similar to the 2008 pace so far.

well let's hope so......

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
2 things matter -

1. state legislatures
2. ???

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

palindrome page get

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

For real, though, how did some of you make it through 2012 alive? That election actually was a nailbiter.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Al! posted:

as far as im concerned

Yr the anime prez

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
once nates grim visage has melted you stir it w/yer mind and see that trump is actually leading on the moon by 4

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

i nominate this for official day crew slogan

i fully support our nominee who shall not be named

can't suppress deez nuts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

to dream

the impossible dream

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Potential for what, exactly?

IMO "human potential" is meaningless if we lack purpose. I don't mean as individuals or nations or whatever, but as a species. IMO, as sentient creatures it's our ethical duty to create the best living conditions possible for as many lifeforms as we can. We're all doomed to the experience of existence, so we may as well make existing as enjoyable as possible for everything we can. Any other "potential" of our species is still pointless without the overarching purpose of acting as stewards of life.

that's nice. everyone's values are relative, there is no objective truth so i don't feel like getting dragged into an argument about relative value, the omnipresent trap that leftists get stuck in

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah anyone thinking this would've been different with any other candidate, just think: terrorists killed 4 people, including one of our friends, in Benghazi.

Instead of attacking the terrorists, wanting their blood, etc, republicans in congress instantly turned on Hillary. They are obsessed with attacking democrats no matter who they are.

There's no redemption.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

i promise to never send an american the wrong way again when they ask me where the anne frank house is as long as you fuckers dont elect trump

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

wheres the anime prez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-8zQC-9Iok

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

all that matters is findin a nice pussy to grab while u sit by the fireside

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

shiksa posted:

"hillary clinton is the worst candidate" only works if you go with the assumption that she actually should have been run out of town on a rail after thirty years of witch hunts and that it is cool and good to smear a person with reckless abandon.

tbh after being smeared for decades, pretty much for being a woman with ambition, and having the entirety of her campaign inner workings laid bare by hackers, to still be winning even over Americas Worst Human, you'd have to be a pretty good candidate.

this guy knows whats up

hillary is made of stern stuff, that's why the gop has been scared of her for thirty years

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah anyone thinking this would've been different with any other candidate, just think: terrorists killed 4 people, including one of our friends, in Benghazi.

Instead of attacking the terrorists, wanting their blood, etc, republicans in congress instantly turned on Hillary. They are obsessed with attacking democrats no matter who they are.

There's no redemption.

tbh it was pretty great when Trump called out Bush for 9/11 happening on his watch

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I will fight all of you :byodood:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

pathetic little tramp posted:

There's no redemption.

:smithicide:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it would actually be a legit hard decision for me if robert morrow was actually a nominee 4 prez on my ballot bc on one hand hes a racist rear end low taxes repub shithead on the other hand he has more integrity and bravery than anyone else in politics

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Turdfuzz posted:

all that matters is findin a nice pussy to grab while u sit by the fireside

n somewhere 2 poo poo with a door on it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sai posted:

i promise to never send an american the wrong way again when they ask me where the anne frank house is as long as you fuckers dont elect trump

lol don't worry if we got trump we would have no trouble finding Ana Frank's house

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

morrow 2020: we'll all die and go to boob heaven

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Typo posted:

calling it now: NC is tipping point state this election. If NC gets called for Clinton then i don't think Trump wins, if it goes Trump chances are very very good that Trump wins

your dumb

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

mormonpartyboat posted:

n somewhere 2 poo poo with a door on it

give me 40 bucks

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Typo posted:

Candidates do matter, Tim Kaine would prob be auto +7.5 vs Trump, all that needed to happen was for the candidate not to have massive scandals all over the place

Go to USPol if you want to argue about counterfactuals. If Kaine could have won the primary he should have won. He didn't. If Jesus returned yesterday and voted Democrat, maybe that would change the election too. But who gives a poo poo?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So my plan to get rid of the mormon vampire mayor is to build a ballitsa across a chasm from him then use that to kill him. Only problem is how do I open up his sealed room without him just eating my miners.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

For real, though, how did some of you make it through 2012 alive? That election actually was a nailbiter.

i was 20, i got to vote for obama in my first election!

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Sai posted:

oh for god's sake

Schnorkles posted:

I will fight all of you :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lmfao

• Locked thread