Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, any other evidence of anti semitism other than the anti-semitism
Eh, I think if it were just these two isolated instances, that would have left some room for reasonable doubt.

... this, however, not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Cingulate posted:

Any other evidence for that beyond a single usage of "((()))" and one mention of Soros?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamesball/heres-what-i-learned-about-julian-assange?utm_term=.imMoGL99W#.rso7zGOOp

quote:

“Adam” was different: He immediately asked for everything relating to Russia, eastern Europe, and Israel – and got it, more than 100,000 documents in all. A few stray comments of his about “Jews” prompted a few concerns on my part, dismissed quickly by another WikiLeaker – “don’t be silly… He’s Jewish himself, isn’t he?”

A short while later, I learned “Adam”'s real identity, or at least the name he most often uses: He was Israel Shamir, a known pro-Kremlin and anti-Semitic writer. He had been photographed leaving the internal ministry of Belarus, and a free speech charity was concerned this meant the country’s dictator had access to the cables and their information on opposition groups in the country.

E: I might be wrong about Shamir running the twitter account but that just makes Assange look worse.

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 1, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We totally should go to war with Russia, btw

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
http://www.politico.com/states/flor...1#ixzz4Ol6gtH00

RIP Hillary's ground game.

At least the ads for the Twitter audience were good.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Imagine what a powerful tool Wikileaks would have been for the right if they played it cool and didn't out themselves as partisans. Release a Trump tidbit here and there that gets okay'd by Trump and Putin as something that'll never matter while reserving the biting stuff for HRC. They keep their air of legitimacy and preserve whatever modicum of goodwill they still had from left-leaning people not in on the joke.

Though they're even failing at that last bit. Has Wikileaks done anything but flail around like a wet noodle this whole election?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

You constantly spread fear and bad info about her chances, I don't believe your pronouncements are valid.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Guy Goodbody posted:

:agreed:

They're twice as likely to start wars on sketchy as gently caress grounds as the US has been in the last 15 years.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

WampaLord posted:

You constantly spread fear and bad info about her chances, I don't believe your pronouncements are valid.

I'd like to point out that with NC and VA seemingly in the bag for Hillary, FL going red will not do much to sink her campaign.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Eh, the Democratic nomination process was basically a Soviet election. She was anointed years before it began. No other serious Democrats ran because all the $ backed her.

The Republicans nominated an historically unpopular candidate because they had too many people seeking the nod; the Democrats because they had too few.

Couple of pages ago at this point, but just because all the money is backing you doesn't mean you're going to win. Remember those halcyon days of February 2015 when we all just kind of assumed Jeb(!) would be the nominee?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm sure they could promise Assange that they will get him out. But without the co-operation of the British government, it's basically impossible without going to war with Britain. And nobody gives that much of a poo poo about Assange. He's, at best, a useful idiot.

Getting him out will also destroy what little implausible deniability he has left.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

A Winner is Jew posted:

They're twice as likely to start wars on sketchy as gently caress grounds as the US has been in the last 15 years.

But homework explainer told me they were anti-imperialist heroes!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

WampaLord posted:

I mean the article has numbers and it doesn't look great.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Iraq and Afghanistan say hello.

Also holy poo poo guys no we shouldn't go to war with Russia. They're also not actually a material threat to us. Like what the gently caress.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TyrantWD posted:

http://www.politico.com/states/flor...1#ixzz4Ol6gtH00

At least the ads for the Twitter audience were good.

I'm not seeing any hard (absolute) numbers in that article.

All it seems to be saying "Hispanics voted a fuckton more than 4 years ago".

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

OddObserver posted:

Getting him out will also destroy what little implausible deniability he has left.
Not a typo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Knight posted:

Also holy poo poo guys no we shouldn't go to war with Russia. They're also not actually a material threat to us. Like what the gently caress.

They're trying to interfere with our election

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If the SEPTA strike looks like it will continue into next week I might get in touch with the Clinton campaign in Philly and see if I can be a driver for their GOTV

The advantages of living in a state that makes voting day a holiday :cool:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The weird thing is, when you look at the polls for this election, Hillary will dominate for exactly one month then start to slide back towards a narrow lead, then jump back up like the electorate found a spider under their toilet seat. It's happened like clockwork.

We might just be unlucky in having the actual election fall during one of the slides so the win isn't as crushing.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Not the best idea while their current leader is a soulless monster from the KGB (particularly after he smugly unveils a new generation of nuke that can "Destroy an area the size of Texas or France.") I'd rather we just stop all cultural exports and, if at all possible, block any Russian IP's from being able to access U.S. websites.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

They did a hacking like in Lawnmower Man And Order: Cyber Victims and now we should murder them with Metal Gear.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lightning Knight posted:

Iraq I will 100% give you and what I was weighing Georgia and Crimea against.

Afghanistan though...

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

El Disco posted:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamesball/heres-what-i-learned-about-julian-assange?utm_term=.imMoGL99W#.rso7zGOOp

E: I might be wrong about Shamir running the twitter account but that just makes Assange look worse.

Yeah I don't think Shamir is running the twitter. I think Assange does keep up a relationship with him though - as recently as december last year the wikileaks twitter was sharing conspiracy theory stuff from Shamir's blog.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Hillary's big lead spikes are directly tied to Trump getting on TV and speaking.

The conventions and the debates, mainly.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Night10194 posted:

The weird thing is, when you look at the polls for this election, Hillary will dominate for exactly one month then start to slide back towards a narrow lead, then jump back up like the electorate found a spider under their toilet seat. It's happened like clockwork.

We might just be unlucky in having the actual election fall during one of the slides so the win isn't as crushing.

It could also, like Sam Wang has argued, be a sign of a relatively stable election. IF the swings are all still strongly correlated to a medium it may just be statistical noise obfuscating an obvious outcome

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016

A Winner is Jew posted:

Soros is basically the jew boogie man

Soros is complicated to people who don't understand why he does what he does because he gets 80% of it right and the other 20% is completely bonkers poo poo he probably thought about at 3am taking a piss.

The same goes for Rothschild.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Talmonis posted:

Not the best idea while their current leader is a soulless monster from the KGB (particularly after he smugly unveils a new generation of nuke that can "Destroy an area the size of Texas or France." I'd rather we just stop all cultural exports and, if at all possible, block any Russian IP's from being able to access U.S. websites.

This. Cut them off from the west.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Holy poo poo it's actually November, it's finally here. Our long national nightmare will finally be over soon.

:v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

computer parts posted:

I'm not seeing any hard (absolute) numbers in that article.

All it seems to be saying "Hispanics voted a fuckton more than 4 years ago".
:confused:

Article posted:

The lowest-performing group: African Americans. They cast about 421,000 early and absentee ballots as of Monday morning, accounting for 55 percent of the total early ballots that black voters cast in 2012, AIF’s analysis shows.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Good plan. Russian dissenters should have no means to contact anyone, such as human rights organizations. That way they can't threaten Superman's Pal Vladdy Putin.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm not suggesting War but Russia is literally supporting Trump in this election and trying to get him elected.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Talmonis posted:

Not the best idea while their current leader is a soulless monster from the KGB (particularly after he smugly unveils a new generation of nuke that can "Destroy an area the size of Texas or France.")

It's not 1987, we don't have to be afraid of pretend Russian super weapons anymore

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Not funny onion. NOT FUNNY.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're trying to interfere with our election

Yeah, poorly. While their military rusts and their economy collapses.

A Winner is Jew posted:

Iraq I will 100% give you and what I was weighing Georgia and Crimea against.

Afghanistan though...

Afghanistan was a disaster in practice even if it was theoretically justified. Russia has pushed over tiny countries near it but we can't deny that American fascists have done a lot more damage in the last generation than Russian fascists.

None of this changes that there are plenty of diplomatic and counterintelligence options for countering Russia and war is a preposterously stupid and pointless option. Russia still has nuclear weapons guys.

Edit: supporting Trump is not a material threat. Material threat means military, physical. At worst the Russians are trolling us.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

So it's comparing one week of early voting to the whole early voting season four years ago? :v:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean the article has numbers and it doesn't look great.

Hmm yeah good thing we're voting to go to war with Russia.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lightning Knight posted:

We aren't going to go with war with Russia. We are going to put the screws to them diplomatically and economically. It's far more effective, and there's sweet gently caress all they can do about it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Crain posted:

Don't know if this was posted but it seems that our buddy Tashan Dorrsett is getting the FBI involved with investigating her ban:

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793397187984039936

https://twitter.com/fatgayandsassy/status/793444823969607680

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/793488922965864448

Man, the poo poo Lowtax has to put up with. Read that whole conversation chain for a laugh.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It could also, like Sam Wang has argued, be a sign of a relatively stable election. IF the swings are all still strongly correlated to a medium it may just be statistical noise obfuscating an obvious outcome

This is basically my guess. I think he makes a good case for it. The big swings happen when the partisanship gets shaken for a moment, but they come back home when they realize 'gently caress he's still a Republican' and aren't presented with any overwhelming evidence he's insane for a week or two.

Would've been nice if the election had hit at a moment of terrible enthusiasm for Trump, though.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Good plan. Russian dissenters should have no means to contact anyone, such as human rights organizations. That way they can't threaten Superman's Pal Vladdy Putin.

Oligarchs should have no means of moving their money.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I'm glad insane Trump supporter #111 is here to preach to us about what we would totally do.

Im insane? Yorue voting for the most corrupt, most vile, worst lying sociopath to ever run for president. The one that's threatening war with Russia? hosed up Lybia, hosed up Iraq, hosed up Syria, And now Obama is bombing and supplying munitions to Saudis to bomb Yemen, And Im insane?

I thought you libs were anti war? WTF happened?

Look at you guys embracing the Russian lies hook line and sinker. As if it were 1965.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BarbarianElephant posted:

I'm sure they could think of something. Or at least promise Assange they could think of something. It'd have to be pretty crazy like a cheap spy thriller, but Russia assassinated a man using radioactive tea, so they clearly have no problem with silliness.

i 100% guarantee that Putin will not devote any effort into accomplishing anything of the kind

• Locked thread