Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

thatguy posted:

I must have done something pretty terrible during those 8 days when I was banned and unable to post on their forums.

Your transgressions against Star Citizen on other forums unrelated to their own have cost you.

Big Benny is Watching.

You are watched t a x:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

thatguy posted:

Suck it Beer.

I had that happen awhile ago. They fixed it within 45 minutes of me posting and made it so that I couldn't even log in to their forums.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

thatguy posted:

What's the website I use to complain about being banned? Do they still use that one where they labeled everyone Goons and Snowflakes?

They perma banned me a long time back and don't reply to any emails I send them.

Well, I get the robo letter that says they have received my email and will get back with me.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

I must have done something pretty terrible during those 8 days when I was banned and unable to post on their forums.

What's Rule #3?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

orcinus posted:

What's Rule #3?
gently caress you.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

They perma banned me a long time back and don't reply to any emails I send them.

Well, I get the robo letter that says they have received my email and will get back with me.

I've been wondering if demanding a refund would suddenly solicit a response.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd8VNbpgV0o&t=6s

I like watching this kind of thing immediately after a few minutes of watching a star citizen streamer.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CORRECTION

I got curious and checked my email and FOUND AN EMAIL FROM JARED.

I was banned for sending a whale (who had several thousand posts on the RSI website) a PM with Lowtax's offer.

I sent a request back to Jared asking how that was so bad that he skipped over strikes/warnings/whatever.

I also asked how my PM could possibly circumvent their moderation as I have no way of doing anything like that on their site.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

gently caress you.

Did you just assume i'm not a minor?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

spacetoaster posted:

CORRECTION

I was banned for sending a whale (who had several thousand posts on the RSI website) a PM with Lowtax's offer.

I sent a request back to Jared asking how that was so bad that he skipped over strikes/warnings/whatever.

I also asked how my PM could possibly circumvent their moderation as I have no way of doing anything like that on their site.

Using the not-so-Private Message feature, of course.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

AP posted:

Derek's countdown is to something awesome,

Is it legit good or the same poo poo we've heard over and over again?

I mean I'm proud of our boy the warlord but I don't want to get my hopes up

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
CIG: When even the alphabet is hard

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

Don't get your hopes up too high, friend.

We're still waiting for Mod Challenge 2.6 to be released.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's pretty optimistic of them to think their forums are still gonna be around in ten years...

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

CIG: When even the alphabet is hard

This is probably a sub-sub note using lower case Roman numerals. The next one is probably ii, and so on.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

It's pretty optimistic of them to think their forums are still gonna be around in ten years...

Welcome to the Spectrum, friend.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

The Titanic posted:

Welcome to the Spectrum, friend.

God I can't wait for that to launch in a few weeks. Its supposed to launch this year so itd have to be soon.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Like what the gently caress were they thinking with Spectrum lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

orcinus posted:

What's Rule #3?

Protocol 3: Protect the pilot.

Oh wait no that's from a real game. I'm sorry, I got confused.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Monkfish. Rice.

Grilled eel, ideally over charcoal. I could die for that. The fat renders out and basically fries the meat during grilling. Also great when done yakitori style.

But hard to get sometimes, and eel is endangered in some places, so maybe a no-no.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

CORRECTION

lol that stupid gently caress didn't even get the joke. he thought you meant rsi forum accounts. what an rear end in a top hat

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheLightPurges posted:

Like what the gently caress were they thinking with Spectrum lol

:cig:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

orcinus posted:

Did you just assume i'm not a minor?
If I had posted CP I wouldn't have been banned for over a decade.

It's weird to not be typing that ironically.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Seriously though. I assume a marketing firm took a look at this. Wouldn't there be some savvy intern that would notice that On the Spectrum is a meme that would be offensive to its spergy cultist customer base? Is there any self awareness at CIG at all about who their customers are? Is this a jab at them? We know they don't respect them. How on earth could they?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

orcinus posted:

What's Rule #3?

"Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheLightPurges posted:

Seriously though. I assume a marketing firm took a look at this. Wouldn't there be some savvy intern that would notice that On the Spectrum is a meme that would be offensive to its spergy cultist customer base? Is there any self awareness at CIG at all about who their customers are? Is this a jab at them? We know they don't respect them. How on earth could they?

You genuinely think CIG had an outside marketing team take a look at this, when they have a VP of Marketing as talented as Sandi? Oh you sweet sweet idiot.

Realistically, we know "the Spectrum" has existed in what thin lore their game has for some time now. It's mentioned in the very first line of the Freelancer commercial from 2014. I just can't loving believe they didn't decide to change the name when they made their discord skin, so players will literally be on the spectrum.

If anything it just goes to show how loving out of touch these idiots are.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

This is probably a sub-sub note using lower case Roman numerals. The next one is probably ii, and so on.

Nah, it's continuation of the e, f, from the previous section.
They used to be one sequence (e, f, g, h, then i), but they failed to (manually) correct the i into c.

(Basing this on the fact there's no ii nor anything after that last one.)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Propagandist posted:

There's no way I'm hyping this just for a cheap laugh, not in this thread.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Propagandist posted:

"Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to."

:frogout:

*spite pledges an idris*

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/793493513040191489

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016

AP posted:

This thread is, and always will be more serious than trade violations in the 'verse.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Female avatars coming any day now...

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wait...

Beet Wagon posted:

Is the estate of Charles Schultz suing over the misuse of Peppermint Patty?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

AP posted:

Well it's a good distraction from the political news in the US right now so I'll take it anyway.

Also hands up who voted early

Derp Shmert for prezidaint

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 1, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I voted for Derek Smart as president, since I figure being an Internet Warlord might make him a decent actual Warlord

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

:cripes:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

In b4 the project get scrapped, because Sandi was asking the modellers to make the models progressively uglier and uglier so as not to steal her spotlight.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?
well looks like refund is proceeding. Had to sort something out due to my paypal being in my LLC's name instead of my own but looks to hopefully be sorted.

Torn between getting a VR headset or more guns and ammo. I am going to get a DNA test for our dogge though. See exactly what kind of mutt he is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"What a unique, creative, and non-copyright-infringing hairdo they've come up with for Star Citizen ladies!" - Laloo Dellas

• Locked thread