Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You're the team's dedicated scout wallhacker, it's extremely powerful team support, you shouldn't have a good personal boost or tactical on top of that. You're a force multiplier.

Yeah that's what I mean. I think if a coordinated team wants to have someone fill that role, that's very powerful but not necessarily unbalanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

teh_Broseph posted:

Rewind to steal a battery, then teleport back on the titan to drop a grenade? I dunno if it works, using the random boost and the situation only came up once but I got blown up too quick. The giant target on your back for stealing a battery is garbage, you already get a big green glowing thingy.

Do you have to actually hit E to rodeo?

Nope. Get cloak if you know you are going to be doing a lot of rodeoing/battery stealing.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Nope. Get cloak if you know you are going to be doing a lot of rodeoing/battery stealing.

And if you get cloak make sure to get the low profile thing that hides your jets

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Finally played some multiplayer last night and that poo poo was so dope. Any goon groups/guilds on ps4?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm also almost 100% sure at this point that if someone has low profile it delays showing the warning that a pilot is rodeo'ing you. If I have it on unless it was super obvious I jumped on them (ran straight at them in an open field and suddenly I disappear from their vision ooOoooOOoo spooky), they always pop the smoke too late to actually stop me from taking the battery, although it's a gamble as to whether I can then hop off without dying, and I definitely notice the times when I pop smoke as soon as I see the indicator and it's not fast enough to stop them. It says it only mutes the noise but I'm pretty sure it delays the indicator too.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Lemming posted:

I'm also almost 100% sure at this point that if someone has low profile it delays showing the warning that a pilot is rodeo'ing you. If I have it on unless it was super obvious I jumped on them (ran straight at them in an open field and suddenly I disappear from their vision ooOoooOOoo spooky), they always pop the smoke too late to actually stop me from taking the battery, although it's a gamble as to whether I can then hop off without dying, and I definitely notice the times when I pop smoke as soon as I see the indicator and it's not fast enough to stop them. It says it only mutes the noise but I'm pretty sure it delays the indicator too.

I think they'll only get the notification when you're already pulling the battery out

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of rodeo, if you can avoid the titan squashing you can you just rodeo the same titan over and over until it dies?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

RatHat posted:

Speaking of rodeo, if you can avoid the titan squashing you can you just rodeo the same titan over and over until it dies?

Yep!

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So what do you do with the battery once you steal one?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Etrips posted:

So what do you do with the battery once you steal one?

If you put it in a friendly titan you get, like, a million percent on your own titan charge.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

RatHat posted:

I think my record is 4 rodeos on the same titan before it died. Some people are not very good at defending themselves. My other favorite thing is if they get out to fight you then just call in your titan, theirs will be stuck in the exit animation when it comes down.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Emron posted:

If you put it in a friendly titan you get, like, a million percent on your own titan charge.

66%. But you also get 33% for stealing it in the first place so there's your titan.

Re: Pubstomps and unbalanced matches - it does seem to be a thing. It's really great when you get a good one though. I played a random match earlier, no groups. Hardpoint on Homestead. We were 290-365 down toward the end, and It wasn't looking great, but we managed to triple cap briefly, then contested their single point for a while and ended up sneaking it 400-393. It was a really good match throughout.

More of that would be great.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 1, 2016

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Stealing and giving out a battery is a free boost and Titan (100% build time)

So do that.

BTW Smart Pistol is actually a great boost in Bounty Hunt. You can run into part of the map and literally wipe 5 - 10 AI out from under the enemy team. Really wrecks their score.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Emron posted:

33%, and according to Good Titanfall 2 Guy, it'll repair 1000 health of damage and give you a 2500 health shield (tiny titans have 7500hp, medium have 10000, large have 12500)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-AlAzvwfl4

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

AirRaid posted:

66%. But you also get 33% for stealing it in the first place so there's your titan.

Same thing, it rounds up.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I was once able to jump off and land back on the same titan for a quick double rodeo. I almost did it a third time too.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Just wanted to say, hot drat does smart pistol make people rage. I had to unlock it with cash after getting so many complaints.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5763/pc-patch-notes-11-01-2016

quote:

Hey all, a new patch for the PC version of Titanfall 2 is now live. You will need to update for changes to take effect.

See below for changes:

Titanfall 2 PC v2.0.0.7 Patch Notes 11.01.2016

Adaptive resolution scaling (requires TSAA enabled) - This feature allows the game to downscale the rendered image to help maintain a consistent framerate. This will be especially helpful for our users running lower spec video cards, allowing them to maintain 60fps more often, as well as those of you running 4K monitors with more midrange GPUs. Adaptive Resolution uses TSAA's resolve step to output to screen, thus the feature is only enabled when TSAA is enabled.

Word of warning: if you run a resolution or target framerate much higher than your machine will be capable of achieving you will be hindering image quality significantly as the Adaptive Resolution feature will be constantly downscaling your output to maintain performance. All systems will be different, so you should try different settings to see what works best for you and your configuration.

Other fixes in this patch. Thanks to all that have reported bugs and helped us identify these issues!
  • Stability and GPU performance improvements
  • Titan weakspot highlighting respects colorblind settings
  • Reduced stuttering and playback issues with voice chat
  • Improved speed of allocating Private Match dedicated servers
  • Adjusted Recommended settings for lower end GPUs
  • Reduced hitching when changing between no antialiasing and TSAA
  • Increased performance of streaming textures, reducing stalls and hitches
  • Archer and Arc Launcher now go to Aim-Down-Sights when wallhanging (oops!)
  • Better Network chatroom moderation tools
  • Fixed various grapple gameplay issues
  • Fixed Kraber shots going through Bubble Shield
  • Fixed certain combinations of weapon mods and menu selection resulting in no weapon model showing in customization menus
  • Fixed spawning halfway underground after playing third person animations in Kill Replay
  • Fixed tracker lock-on HUD elements not reliably showing up during Kill Replay
  • Fixed Titan executions not triggering reliably
  • Fixed mantling up stairs
  • Fixed incorrect aspect ratio when switching from fullscreen 1920x1080 to windowed 1600x900
  • Fixed some rare hardlocks and crashes
  • Fixed subtitles being stretched in 21:9 ratios
  • Fixed race condition when accepting Origin game invite with application closed
  • Fixed some display issues in Networks lobbies
  • Fixed disappearing grapple rope with TSAA enabled
  • Fixed NVIDIA Surround crash

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Oh, cool. I was definitely affected by the texture streaming hitches and unreliable Titan executions, so it's nice to see them fix things so fast.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

Oh, cool. I was definitely affected by the texture streaming hitches and unreliable Titan executions, so it's nice to see them fix things so fast.

I was low health in tone with a doomed ronin meleeing me, I tried to execute him two times and nothing happened, on the third I saw an animation start and thought "Oh good, it finally triggered."

It was his execution on me :(

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mr.Citrus posted:

I was low health in tone with a doomed ronin meleeing me, I tried to execute him two times and nothing happened, on the third I saw an animation start and thought "Oh good, it finally triggered."

It was his execution on me :(

You were clearly no match for pure Hanzo steel

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I'm on PS4 but it's kind of cool to see them throwing PC support out there so soon after launch.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Fixing voice chat is good. I am glad they resolved that bug.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Nalin posted:

Fixing voice chat is good. I am glad they resolved that bug.

I will miss roleplaying that the pilots were merging with their titans though :(

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Check your video settings after the patch, it may have reset them including the default 70 fov :barf:

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Finally played some multiplayer last night and that poo poo was so dope. Any goon groups/guilds on ps4?

I haven't managed to find a PS4 group yet which is sad since this game is rich in comedy antic opportunities.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Does the game ever actually explain rodeoing and the Doomed status or are you expected to work those out on your own? Does the game even say "Doomed" anywhere?

While I'm at it, if you're holding a battery and rodeo a different enemy Titan do you still drop a grenade on them as though you'd pulled their battery? Do the battery pull and the grenade drop do the same amount of damage? How much is it?

Does ejection self-destruct actually do any damage to anything without the nuclear upgrade or is it solely for getting you out of dodge or more likely turning you into a clay shooting pigeon?

Did that flashing helmet at the end of the campaign mean anything?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 1, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Does the game ever actually explain rodeoing and the Doomed status or are you expected to work those out on your own? Does the game even say "Doomed" anywhere?

The game does say Doomed in that you get a bonus when you "doom a titan" in the bottom left of your screen and the verbage on nuclear eject references doom. Does it explain it anywhere, not unfortunately not really...

quote:

While I'm at it, if you're holding a battery and rodeo a different enemy Titan do you still drop a grenade on them as though you'd pulled their battery? Do the battery pull and the grenade drop do the same amount of damage? How much is it?

Yes whether you drop a grenade or pull a battery is entirely dependent on if you are currently in possession of a battery or not, there is no other factor. They do the same amount of damage, the exact amount I don't know, I think its about 1/2 of a pip of titan health.

quote:

Does ejection self-destruct actually do any damage to anything without the nuclear upgrade or is it solely for getting you out of dodge or more likely turning you into a clay shooting pigeon?

It does seem to do a small amount of damage to things around it.

quote:

Did that flashing helmet at the end of the campaign mean anything?

I know its not really a spoiler but it is the very end of the game so you might wanna spoiler that part of the question but to answer you:

It spells out "Jack?" in binary, hinting that BT is still alive inside his helmet.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I just figured out the campaign ending, the helmet getting all scrambled and then listing the 3 protocols is BT uploading his data. Sly dog.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I just figured out the campaign ending, the helmet getting all scrambled and then listing the 3 protocols is BT uploading his data. Sly dog.

He actually uploads himself to your computer quite clearly in the time warp mission in order to keep talking to you in between time warps.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Knifegrab posted:

I know its not really a spoiler but it is the very end of the game so you might wanna spoiler that part of the question but to answer you:

It spells out "Jack?" in binary, hinting that BT is still alive inside his helmet.

Yeah I was trying to be vague enough to dodge the CIA bars, sorry, I'll go edit.

Awww I'm glad he's okay :shobon:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Mr.Citrus posted:

He actually uploads himself to your computer quite clearly in the time warp mission in order to keep talking to you in between time warps.

Well if we're getting technical He uploads a "part" of himself during that mission so its possible he uploaded the rest during the part Jockstrap is talking about..

Also rewatching the ending of the campaign on youtube, what the gently caress is wrong with people?!

Who would choose the voice line "We got a way out of this one BT?" Instead of "Don't Worry BT. I'm not going anywhere." Who the gently caress wouldn't comfort BT during this time of great tribulation?! Literally 1 out of the 8 videos I watched comforted their Titan Friend :(

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 1, 2016

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Knifegrab posted:

Who would choose the voice line "We got a way out of this one BT?" Instead of "Don't Worry BT. I'm not going anywhere." Who the gently caress wouldn't comfort BT during this time of great tribulation?! Literally 1 out of the 8 videos I watched comforted their Titan Friend :(

Monsters. :mad:

It's also a good callback to one of the of the first dialog options when gathering the batteries in the first level. It's naturally the canonical choice.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I just discovered how awesome Scorch is and I am never going to use another titan again. :allears:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

So Ronin's 100 killstreak skin is purple with silver limbs... remind anyone else of a certain other teleport stabbing superstar????

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

keyframe posted:

I just discovered how awesome Scorch is and I am never going to use another titan again. :allears:

Scorch was fun in the campaign but I couldn't really work out if I was really being effective with it or not in multiplayer for the time I tried it. :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ciaphas posted:

Scorch was fun in the campaign but I couldn't really work out if I was really being effective with it or not in multiplayer for the time I tried it. :(

Yeah, Scorch and Ion both seem like support Titans to me, Legion and Ronin aggro, Northstar and Tone are griefers.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Will this run okay with an i5-2500k and a 3 GB 7950? I obviously expect to turn the settings down/disable things but will it run smoothly after that?

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Boozie posted:

Will this run okay with an i5-2500k and a 3 GB 7950? I obviously expect to turn the settings down/disable things but will it run smoothly after that?

That doesn't sound too dissimilar from my system and I run the game fine, you should be good to play it.

Plus the latest PC patch added some further optimization and a feature to let the game dynamically change resolutions if you're just outside of getting a consistent enough FPS, so you should have more of a floor to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do titanfalls always kill titans they land on? With the upgrade to make the fall faster it looks like an easy way to kill large and medium titans.