Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jasque
Jan 13, 2006
Garbage! That hovercraft is a joke of engineering, and that helmet would never protect your brain from lasers!

Luvcow posted:

And those are the criticisms you quite obviously don't take seriously. Acting like your position or movement is infallible just kills your message and momentum. I've seen plenty of liberal people of diverse backgrounds argue about BLM and what they wish it would or wouldn't do. And any good criticism will assume that not everyone in a certain movement feels or acts the same way.

So... do you have any of what you consider to be valid criticisms of the BLM movement. Or are you just upset because you think they are above reproach? You haven't offered any so far. You've just complained that other people are ignoring criticism leveled against BLM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Jasque posted:

So... do you have any of what you consider to be valid criticisms of the BLM movement. Or are you just upset because you think they are above reproach? You haven't offered any so far. You've just complained that other people are ignoring criticism leveled against BLM.

Would you be shocked if i told you some members of BLM do not support the LBGTQ community? Or that some members of BLM stereotype all cops as evil people?

This really isn't the thread to be discussing this but ironically this thread sometimes becomes the dog piling echo chamber that people come here to post about and make fun of.

JigglyPuff
Jun 3, 2002

Luvcow posted:

And those are the criticisms you quite obviously don't take seriously. Acting like your position or movement is infallible just kills your message and momentum. I've seen plenty of liberal people of diverse backgrounds argue about BLM and what they wish it would or wouldn't do. And any good criticism will assume that not everyone in a certain movement feels or acts the same way.

I can't tell if you are just very bad at explaining what you mean or if you are trying very hard to pretend your dislike of the BLM message is not for racist reasons.
Who is pretending what is perfect? To what end? Why is this important? Why did you bring this up? I just do not get what you are saying.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Luvcow posted:

Would you be shocked if i told you some members of BLM do not support the LBGTQ community? Or that some members of BLM stereotype all cops as evil people?

This really isn't the thread to be discussing this but ironically this thread sometimes becomes the dog piling echo chamber that people come here to post about and make fun of.

It's almost like black people aren't a hive mind. There are terrible people in literally every group no matter how good the message is so that's a pretty shallow avenue for criticism of BLM.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Andrast posted:

It's almost like black people aren't a hive mind. There are terrible people in literally every group no matter how good the message is so that's a pretty shallow avenue for criticism of BLM.

yes this exactly, I'm not criticizing BLM I'm criticizing the idea that it's infallible and the people itt who are treating it as such. I'm glad we can agree.

unlike this guy who does the knee jerk "YOURE A RACIST!" thing when i never attacked or said i dislike the BLM message:

JigglyPuff posted:

I can't tell if you are just very bad at explaining what you mean or if you are trying very hard to pretend your dislike of the BLM message is not for racist reasons.
Who is pretending what is perfect? To what end? Why is this important? Why did you bring this up? I just do not get what you are saying.

Jasque
Jan 13, 2006
Garbage! That hovercraft is a joke of engineering, and that helmet would never protect your brain from lasers!
What the hell does BLM have to do with the LGBTQ Community to begin with? And yes, I can see that quite a few black americans involved in BLM would view all police as evil, since, y'know, it got started with systemic abuse and outright murder from the police against black americans.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Luvcow posted:

One of the big issues with BLM is the anti talking points that are pushed down into rural white America where they have their own set of horrific problems and poverty. These people are like "well what about us?". Since they generally don't live in the places these other horrific things are happening, it's hard for them to empathize, and then they are told by various media that BLM thinks they don't matter. So they start shouting all lives matter not realizing that identifying and working with other marginalized groups can help get their issues addressed as well.

That's not BLMs fault, it's just a consequence of how the message was initially conveyed. I think more could be done to address that divide and the movement could become more powerful. Preferably not through memes.

Of course, there's also your plain old head in the sand racists out there, but gently caress those guys.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Jasque posted:

What the hell does BLM have to do with the LGBTQ Community to begin with? And yes, I can see that quite a few black americans involved in BLM would view all police as evil, since, y'know, it got started with systemic abuse and outright murder from the police against black americans.

BLM is movement that seeks equality and justice for everyone regardless of who they are and critical thinking about society and culture and how we have historically treat one another. How are they not related?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Luvcow posted:

Pretty sure they were just making fun of jerks who say "All lives matter" so why you went off on this tangent makes it seem you were just desperate to complain.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Picnic Princess posted:

Pretty sure they were just making fun of jerks who say "All lives matter" so why you went off on this tangent makes it seem you were just desperate to complain.

Sorry if you and others took to that way but it seems to me like just the opposite in that the circle jerkers here were "just desperate to complain". Which goes back to my initial comment.

JigglyPuff
Jun 3, 2002

Luvcow posted:

yes this exactly, I'm not criticizing BLM I'm criticizing the idea that it's infallible and the people itt who are treating it as such. I'm glad we can agree.

unlike this guy who does the knee jerk "YOURE A RACIST!" thing when i never attacked or said i dislike the BLM message:

Another straw man successfully defeated there then. I am glad you brought that up.

Jasque
Jan 13, 2006
No, Black Lives Matter is a national movement that seeks to bring to light the injustice that black americans face in drat near every facet of their lives. You are trying to paint this movement with an impossibly broad brush, then getting upset when they don't live up to your ideals.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Luvcow posted:

BLM is movement that seeks equality and justice for everyone regardless of who they are and critical thinking about society and culture and how we have historically treat one another. How are they not related?

They're not seeking equality for everyone you numpty, they're trying to improve their lot in life. Not every group needs to work on every problem at all times. Christ.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Luvcow posted:

Sorry if you and others took to that way but it seems to me like just the opposite in that the circle jerkers here were "just desperate to complain". Which goes back to my initial comment.

The worst thing about voting is that it puts the voter on the same level as women and coloureds…

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Jasque posted:

No, Black Lives Matter is a national movement that seeks to bring to light the injustice that black americans face in drat near every facet of their lives. You are trying to paint this movement with an impossibly broad brush, then getting upset when they don't live up to your ideals.

Then we see the purpose of BLM differently, which is not surprising. The core idea is that Black Lives Matter Too. It's not just the police reaction/treatment its the socio economic factors that divide us and teach us to see and treat people differently in our day to day lives and lead to a gross inequity in how we are treated. I've been a BLM supporter since the start and am involved in the movement, it's disturbing to me when i see people within the movement doing a disservice to the ideas behind it.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
THREAD NO

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Avenging_Mikon posted:

They're not seeking equality for everyone you numpty, they're trying to improve their lot in life. Not every group needs to work on every problem at all times. Christ.

You're actually wrong here, sorry. You end a class/rank system for everyone not just for the people at the bottom. Every problem is related and linked in some tangential way.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

:agreed: I'll gladly stop posting.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Avenging_Mikon posted:

This. Some people who support BLM may be homophobic and that sucks but that's not what BLM is supposed to address so it has no bearing on whether the movement is "good" or "bad". Criticizing BLM for not being 100% inclusive to the LGBTQ community is like complaining that a zoo doesn't do enough to ensure children are getting a balanced breakfast before school.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Hot dog sandwiches

Jasque
Jan 13, 2006
Just eat the wiener raw, straight out of the package and you won't have this problem.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
as always, the IoSM is everyone who engaged with the thing they don't want in the thread

e: Lottery of Babylon excepted

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

A modern day Robin Hood.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Prepare the ketchup and steak weapon for launch. Set power to 'well-done'.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

china bot posted:

as always, the IoSM is everyone who engaged with the thing they don't want in the thread

e: Lottery of Babylon excepted

Nah lob is included.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Field Mousepad posted:

Nah lob is included.

But he's a one-man FPlus!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
People seem to think that blm is shouting at other protest groups to shut up. If impoverished rural whites want to improve their lot in life, by all means, protest. Just make sure they are targeting the source of their situation, rather than blaming another protest group that has nothing to do with them.

It reminds me of the current vidya gaemz voice actors strike. Buncha people are getting mad at the VAs protesting because why should they get paid more while developers are still hosed over by publishers? Nobody seems to suggest that, if the devs want to improve their working conditions, they should protest as well.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

AnElegantPeacock posted:

A modern day Robin Hood.

I like this guy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

People seem to think that blm is shouting at other protest groups to shut up. If impoverished rural whites want to improve their lot in life, by all means, protest. Just make sure they are targeting the source of their situation, rather than blaming another protest group that has nothing to do with them.

It reminds me of the current vidya gaemz voice actors strike. Buncha people are getting mad at the VAs protesting because why should they get paid more while developers are still hosed over by publishers? Nobody seems to suggest that, if the devs want to improve their working conditions, they should protest as well.

Hahaha, is this really a thing? Who the gently caress cares about voice actors?....oh, right. Gamers.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Arcsquad12 posted:

People got all pissy when BLM interrupted a Pride festival earlier this year. The irony of gay white men getting mad about a marginalized and oppressed group wanting a bit of time in the spotlight was missed by most.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Much like the annoying anti-minimum wage folk, who cry "why should burger flippers get a raise when EMTs don't earn that much!", without realizing that said wage increases will help everyone. For them it's not about wanting to better the world, its about wanting those who are being loud to shut up.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hahaha, is this really a thing? Who the gently caress cares about voice actors?....oh, right. Gamers.

If I had to guess, I would say people who do voice acting work and would like to get reasonably paid for it?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fashionable Jorts posted:

People got all pissy when BLM interrupted a Pride festival earlier this year. The irony of gay white men getting mad about a marginalized and oppressed group wanting a bit of time in the spotlight was missed by most.

What?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Oldblmless

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Nice

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

So this was an incident that happened in 8th grade. I'm 21 now. I was a pretty stupid kid in junior high but also kind and open. Unfortunately I was too open when it came to women. I foolishly told a bunch people about the girl that I had feelings for. It was just some thing that kids did in school where you would share crush with friends. I however went a little overboard lol. The word got out that I liked her and ofcourse she found out. But I was too scared to talk to her because i actually did have feeling for her and didnt want to be rejected at the time. everyone witnessed how scared I was and that i wasnt able to ask her. I know I'm a dumbass and I take full responsibility for my actions but you can imagine how much humiliation that was for a junior high kid.

I just didn't know anything thing about women. I came from a very dysfunctional home. My parents never disciplined me. MY role model was my sister but she wasn't a good role model since she was a huge feminist. So I grew up around a lot of weakness. I was hoping I could get to know her and form a real connection. But as we all know women are uncapable of forming such connections. So Ever since I've just been avoiding her and women in general and just forcused on school in hopes of finding a nice girl in college (lol). AND of course as soon as I hit college every girl is suddenly wearing yoga pants turns into a huge slut. almost instantaneously.

Unfortunately I got into the same university as this girl. And she has been cold heartedly trying to destroy me but she dose it in secrative ways. i pose a theat to her because I'm too nice and pose of threat of exposing the truth about women. SHE basically lives in a bubble and from her perspective it seems like I'm trying to pop that bubble. Everytime I try to talk to her she acts like a victim. Not only that but she also tries to indirectly cuck me by sending me pictures through my friends snapchat of my friends hugging her to try to make me jeoulous. There are other things too but you guys know the manipulation tactics. it's hard to explain. I can't reason with her and she will not reciprocate in anyway. And trust me I have no intention of ever being with this girl. All I want is too take power away from her. See I freely gave her power over me by making my self vulnarable. She has no empathy at all. My fear (which isn't really a fear) is that she will tell people that I'm a coward. She will tell people about what happened in junior high and ruin my reputation. And its not that she will actually do it its just that this is the power she has over me and i dont like it. WOMEN have absolutely no mercy. They will use anything against you for there there own gain. And it's not that I really care that people find out its just that I want closure so I can take the power away from her. this is why I need your help. I'm wondering if I can ask her out but not because I actually want to go out with her but because it will take power away from her. ASKING her out means that she won't be able to tell other people about my cowardice. OR this could totally backfire on me somehow I'm not sure. Or it could be that there is nothing i can do. YOU may think this is funny but from my perspective it feels like I gave away my soul. AND the only way to get my soul back is to take power away from her. I just feel like I lost respect for myself when this happened. I don't care about gaing other people's respect anymore I just want to respect myself.

I noticed that I have a big ego and I always have to be ahead of everyone to feel good about myself. Knowing the truth about women feeds my ego and makes me feel good about my self because it something that most other people don't know. I'm also still a virgin. I used to be ashamed of it but now I wear it with a badge of honor lol. So all of this is just about me. it has nothing to do with the girl. Maybe people with the same personality type could understand where I'm coming from.

But holy poo poo I'm so happy I found this forum. I can't ever imagine having a girlfriend or even a wife. It's like handing your soul over to the devil. No wonder men kill themselves in droves. I feel so bad for men who have to go through this poo poo on a daily basis. Im actually happy I had this experience because if I didn't I could have ended up marrying some slut. Getting nagged and divorce raped aND then committing suicide. I just want to focus on improving myself and stay the gently caress away from women. Holy poo poo.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I noticed that I have a big ego and I always have to be ahead of everyone to feel good about myself. Knowing the truth about women feeds my ego and makes me feel good about my self because it something that most other people don't know.

Beautiful.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Only video games have voice acting. I have been enjoying silent films for decades. Also, I too have never seen a cartoon.

brotato
May 14, 2013

quote:

Not only that but she also tries to indirectly cuck me by sending me pictures through my friends snapchat of my friends hugging her to try to make me jeoulous.

Oh my god.

I'm glad someone with such a low literacy level got the opportunity to go to college, tho.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

What other careers do you think shouldn't be fairly paid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just wanted to share the funny message of "White lives matter fuckface" :saddowns: I'm sorry it seemed to turn into a big argument