Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Polo-Rican posted:

tim cook?... more like tim reheat :smug:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
compared to a real actually good keybaors the apple keyboard feels very average but typing on it is easy. there is just no feedback

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

lol most of the speaker-grill holes on the new mbp are fake

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

wide stance posted:

ctrl + c and ctrl + v is pretty much biomechanically perfect

⌘ key being under the thumb is so much more satisfying than anything involving the pinky

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

looking forward to apple getting 1990s level irrelevant again

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Linguica posted:

for a moment there I thought siracusa = john fireball and I was like holy poo poo when you've lost john fireball you've lost everyone
i'm assuming he's gonna get an aneurysm from trying to spin this as something good, given his radio silence and how long it's taken him to write his piece

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Doc Block posted:

stopped listening to ATP because i got tired of the Affluent Whiny 'Sperg Duo and their Guy Who's Main Computer Is A Laptop sidekick.

tbh I could listen to Siracusa complain about a dictionary

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Linguica posted:

at least link to the tear down!

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Function+Keys+Late+2016+Teardown/72415

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i like that macbooks look like angry robots inside

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
unhappy with the MacBook Pro? razer invites you to suck their dick

https://twitter.com/razer/status/793499214311411713

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

How long until we get a press release about how that tweet was written by a social media intern and Razer Corporation regrets it etc

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

also I will never get tired of these

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Linguica posted:

How long until we get a press release about how that tweet was written by a social media intern and Razer Corporation regrets it etc

honestly I'm amazed it's still up

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Linguica posted:

also I will never get tired of these

dongles are actually a good Final Solution for dealing with legacy ports

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

apparently the excuse apple apologists are going with for the 16GB ram limit is "intel only supports 16GB!"

which is only true if you artificially limit yourself to the configurations attainable using four physical DDR3LP DRAM chip packages (the highest package density is 32Gb). if you are willing to run more packages skylake is perfectly happy with 32GB configurations of DDR3LP. these aren't new and unknown restrictions and amusingly as far as I can tell the exact same problem would be there if Apple were using Kaby Lake processors as nobody makes DDR4LP in packages denser than 32Gb either.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

mike12345 posted:

looking forward to apple getting 1990s level irrelevant again

i only use macs when apple is doomed, stopped in the early 00s and looking forward to switching back in 3 or 4.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

macos is cool and good

apple is dying tho

:rip: steve

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

blugu64 posted:

Model F 122 best keyboard. Save F13-F24.

bitch, please. those buckling springs are scrub-tier

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
i must have that ibm keyboard with all the secret society runes on it

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

mishaq posted:

macos is cool and good

apple is dying tho

:rip: steve

I hope MS (or Lenovo, Dell, HP, whatever idgaf) leases macOS so we can have non poo poo tier hardware with the pro-est Unix OS. Instead of that lovely MS with ubuntu runtimes bullshit.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

blugu64 posted:

i only use macs when apple is doomed, stopped in the early 00s and looking forward to switching back in 3 or 4.

according to the business press apple has been doomed every year of the last 20. better hop on that train.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Linguica posted:

lomarf @ this

i thought you meant "the speakers don't take up the full size of the grille", which would be like, duh, but no -- that image shows the only holes that actually go through the case. the rest of them are drilled only partway through.

my over/under on them filling up with grime that you can literally never extract is 90 days

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ufarn posted:

honestly pretty entertaining to listen to siracusa and marco trash apple something fierce in this podcast episode

it gets pretty heated around :45 or something

and holy poo poo is casey liss to defend everything apple and trivialize any criticism

lol i don't know the voices but someone in there is just "*sigh* you guys are being so unfair to apple *sigh* *pout*" and it's incredible

you'd think they were talking trash about his dad on the schoolyard or something, dude sounds like he's getting hot in the cheeks and maybe a little wet in the eyes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Linguica posted:

regret telling us that they offer an sd card slot unlike apple?

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Last Chance posted:

dongles are actually a good Final Solution for dealing with legacy ports

Dongles are the final solution to the legacy problem.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mods, please change thread title to "the human donglepede"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Ludwig van Halen posted:

⌘ key being under the thumb is so much more satisfying than anything involving the pinky

thumb is so incredibly uncomfortable. your hands must be super hosed up.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I hope MS (or Lenovo, Dell, HP, whatever idgaf) leases macOS so we can have non poo poo tier hardware with the pro-est Unix OS. Instead of that lovely MS with ubuntu runtimes bullshit.

pro-est unix, tallest midget, linuxest desktop.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Stymie posted:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

we must secure the existence of our ports and a future for legacy hardware.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

thumb is so incredibly uncomfortable. your hands must be super hosed up.

your hands must be super hosed up if you can use the space bar but shifting your thumb one inch to the left is incredibly uncomfortable

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Stymie posted:

it's sweet of you to name a thread after your mom

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sorry about your crippling arthritis, shaggar

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Linguica posted:

lol welp https://twitter.com/Razer/status/793625537310707712

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
That's too bad, it was the only funny pun ever written.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

at least they didn't claim their twitter was hacked and took responsibility for it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/793656742156435456

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol i don't know the voices but someone in there is just "*sigh* you guys are being so unfair to apple *sigh* *pout*" and it's incredible

you'd think they were talking trash about his dad on the schoolyard or something, dude sounds like he's getting hot in the cheeks and maybe a little wet in the eyes

haven't listened to that yet, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the defender is casey liss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL Casey Liss blocked me on Twitter. Wonder how long ago that was.

• Locked thread