Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ACH is cool and good and I'd like to see him in NJPW and Lucha Underground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ACH has signed a multi-year deal to appear on Up Up Down Down

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/793501280660488192

Awful near nonsensical reporting. Shame the main news sites get the ROH office line. A talent of his caliber asking for and receiving a release from a guaranteed contract should spark major questions. This is the first time this has happened in ROH/Sinclair history correct? I thought that would be worth mentioning in the coverage of it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

remember when ROH put out a best of ACH dvd and he lost in 80% of the matches on it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also re his tour with new japan he is basically touring with new japan as a NOAH act so seems like its too early to speculate about how him leaving roh affects that considering the larger question is how the new japan/noah relationship is gonna work going forward

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

also re his tour with new japan he is basically touring with new japan as a NOAH act so seems like its too early to speculate about how him leaving roh affects that considering the larger question is how the new japan/noah relationship is gonna work going forward

Didnt someone just buy NOAH

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah that's what I'm referring to re the new japan noah relationship

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I guess we know who is winning the new and useless ROH trios titles now.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

rovert posted:

Awful near nonsensical reporting. Shame the main news sites get the ROH office line. A talent of his caliber asking for and receiving a release from a guaranteed contract should spark major questions. This is the first time this has happened in ROH/Sinclair history correct? I thought that would be worth mentioning in the coverage of it.

Maybe I'm misreading, but that just says he's not re-signing not that they released him. Unless "finishing up" means released.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
lol at the idea of NJPW ceasing to book anyone they see value in because of ROH

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Troxartas posted:

Maybe I'm misreading, but that just says he's not re-signing not that they released him. Unless "finishing up" means released.

Troxartas I understand your confusion. Ignore the article. I am just displaying the mess that it is. Most of it is from the mouth of ROH office. Nothing from ACH's camp or impartial sources. The meeting with Sinclair representatives in attendance dramatically went against ROH as it revealed to an in the dark Sinclair how bad ROH is managed. Additionally ACH presented a strong case about how poorly some ROH officials treated him and communicated with him.

New Japan who isn't happy with ROH in general took ACH's side throughout too. He's in line for a big push there.

I might be dead wrong but he might be in a featured singles match at the Dome show.

rovert fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 1, 2016

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Not having a go Rovert but you posted this earlier in October,

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/786331674099318784

There’s more to the ACH situation. What he did was really dumb. On ROH’s side for once. Will wait to see what the Observer says.

Was this before the meeting between ACH and Sinclair and if so, did the result of meeting change your mind on the situation?

I'm thinking it was posted before because the meeting probably happened around this weekends tapings since they were the first set since the AAW shows. What was it that changed your mind in this case?

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 2, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nah that's fair. Was posted a bit before the meeting. There's a lot that changed my mind. I thought it was ACH being ACH and he was being ungrateful initially. But then I heard his story and all the issues he had with ROH in terms of false promises, poor communication and ROH turning down opportunities for ACH without telling him. Him at AAW was him finally lashing out. Everything from him turning up to ROH shows and Delirious forgetting to tell him he wasn't needed to opportunities years ago with New Japan which ROH kept from him which ACH found out only recently to recent circumstances in regards to his release.

Again Sinclair representatives in attendance were blindsided at how badly ROH is managed. The ACH situation was a HR issue that went on far too long without being resolved.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

remember when ROH put out a best of ACH dvd and he lost in 80% of the matches on it

I wonder if they did this with anybody else. Colt Cabana tended to job a lot in his big matches, but even with him it's probably 50/50 on the DVD they made for him.

I also find it incredible that this company managed to bungle a kid with the natural charisma and skill ACH has. ROH is gettin' kinda TNA-ish, and I don't like it. Watch them turn Marty Scurll into a disgruntled talent in like, 6 months.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 2, 2016

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Haha at who this means the first 6 man tag champs will be.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's some major IRL beef in the Women of Honor locker room: https://twitter.com/KellyKleinWoH/status/794164356149813249

The fallout will eventually go public.

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 3, 2016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

There's some major IRL beef in the Women of Honor locker room: https://twitter.com/KellyKleinWoH/status/794164356149813249

Mandy Leon doesn't flush or wash her hands.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

I'm not saying RoH isn't to blame for this, but how is this nonsensical? He is being released from a guaranteed contract where RoH would have to pay him money. Whether it is what he wanted or not, of course that is what they would do if they were mad at him.

It's pretty much the only thing they could do to punish him and they did.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

She should probably work on the last two instead of throwing shade on Twitter.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Who the gently caress is Kelly Klein that she can make these kinds of statements anyway? Granted I don't follow women's indies but I'd literally never heard of her before WoH started.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Who the gently caress is Kelly Klein that she can make these kinds of statements anyway? Granted I don't follow women's indies but I'd literally never heard of her before WoH started.

Every bland blonde worker you've ever seen who thinks she's over because people poo poo on BJ Whitmer when she comes out.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Oh we're taking sides now I guess

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The entire WOH locker room has taken against they possibly soon to be departing WOH wrestler X to be fair.

ROHAttendanceTruth.org:

https://twitter.com/jjwalsh22/status/794383678948470784

https://twitter.com/jjwalsh22/status/794384056872030208

Dave seems to do this as Delirious feeds him key New Japan info.

Sounds like a joke but the Observer and PWInsiders will report 500-600 for ROH tonight apparently. We will see next week

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol are we really so loving desperate to poo poo on Dave now that we're criticizing him because his numbers don't match some random fan's guess regarding attendance?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol are we really so loving desperate to poo poo on Dave now that we're criticizing him because his numbers don't match some random fan's guess regarding attendance?

Yes that's the only issue with Dave's ROH reporting.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/784553867660894209

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

There are so many women on that roster that that describes that it can be anyone.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
You'd think there would be more topic of discussion with dropping attendance in ROH.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

You'd think there would be more topic of discussion with dropping attendance in ROH.

I was kind of surprised that the taping I went to in Baltimore did not have all the floor seats filled. They didn't even have a 9th row by the entrance aisle set up at first, where my seat technically was.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I know the Indianapolis show was reported to be 800 and my headcount was ~600. It was easy to do the count since they didn't have GA bleachers, just more rows of chairs.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why does women of honor even exist if they're going to half rear end it as bad as they are

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

why does women of honor even exist if they're going to half rear end it as bad as they are

ROH copying the best parts of WWE, obviously.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

Delirious is a really thoughtful giftgiver when it comes to his sidechicks.

coconono fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 4, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm going to have to make a really accurate head count for myself next time I go to a ROH event, I don't know who to believe in AttendanceGate

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/794754731008737280 https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/794754676138901505

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
These contract stories continue to be meaningless since anybody not renewing with ROH is going g to sign with New Japan, which of course means they will still continue to work ROH shows. ACH is starting to gain traction there, War Machine are now booked, Jay Lethal has a huge match in a few hours, Cole and The Bucks continue to be a force there. Nobody wants to go to WWE now especially with Flo Sports in the picture and WWE burying people like Neville, Gallows and Anderson, Cesaro and Apollo Crews and Kalisto. Nese and Gulak are already out of the picture.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

die

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Unless ROH is offering some sweet contracts, I can see more dudes wanting to make the jump over to WWN/Floslam just to get in that WWE money pipeline.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Roque11 posted:

Nobody wants to go to WWE now especially with Flo Sports in the picture and WWE burying people like Neville, Gallows and Anderson, Cesaro and Apollo Crews and Kalisto. Nese and Gulak are already out of the picture.

Are your parents blood relatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Roque11 posted:

These contract stories continue to be meaningless since anybody not renewing with ROH is going g to sign with New Japan, which of course means they will still continue to work ROH shows. ACH is starting to gain traction there, War Machine are now booked, Jay Lethal has a huge match in a few hours, Cole and The Bucks continue to be a force there. Nobody wants to go to WWE now especially with Flo Sports in the picture and WWE burying people like Neville, Gallows and Anderson, Cesaro and Apollo Crews and Kalisto. Nese and Gulak are already out of the picture.

Lol gently caress off you dumb gently caress and shitpost on Reddit you ignorant fanboy piece of poo poo. Or reveal yourself as an sbg employee.

Either way you are well on the way to replacing amreese as the worst poster on the forums.

• Locked thread